Trinidad "Trini" Iglesias from Florence 13

There is a rich history in our urban streets and many articles and documentaries are discussing these guys. Post your thoughts here about those O/Gs, Veteranos and other historical figures from the past.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Trinidad "Trini" Iglesias from Florence 13

Unread post by alexalonso » August 23rd, 2017, 6:11 pm

Trinidad Iglesias got into a physical altercation with Deputy Gary Saunders in 1971 on 70th & Holmes and during the melee, took control of hte Deputies gun, shot and killed him. He was convicted of 2nd degree and was released from prison in 1975.
Deputy Gary Saunders was shot and killed with his own service weapon following a foot chase of a suspect near the intersection of Florence and Holmes Avenues. During the ensuing struggle the suspect was able to gain control of Deputy Saunders' service revolver and shot him. The suspect fled the scene but was apprehended a short time later after being surrounded.

The suspect was convicted of second degree murder. He was released from prison in 1975.
Attachments
Sander-Iglesias-shooting.jpg
Sander-Iglesias-shooting.jpg (194.17 KiB) Viewed 6768 times
trinidad-iglesias-1971.jpg
trinidad-iglesias-1971.jpg (7.25 KiB) Viewed 6770 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: Trinidad Iglesias from Florence 13

Unread post by alexalonso » August 23rd, 2017, 6:22 pm

This is what a Deputy stated:
This is what I recall about Gary being Murdered. Gary was still in training. He and his partner were working the North End, in the Florence area. I think that was 11D but I am not sure. They stopped to talk to some Male Mexicans in a residential area. When they got out of their black and white the group did what all-good gang bangers do. They ran. Unfortunately, Gary split from his Training Officer and chased one of the subjects to a residence. The subject ran up the steps of the house with Gary close behind him. As the subject reached the porch of the house, he turned and kicked Gary under the chin, knocking him backward onto the ground. I do not know if Gary was unconscious or not. The suspect then took Gary's weapon and shot him three times in the chest. We were not wearing Vests during that time. This occurred during the period that the "Brown Berets" were becoming active in the area. I think the most upsetting part of this whole incident was that Trinidad Iglesias was convicted of "Second Degree" Murder. His attorney was able to convince the Jury that because of the harassment the Mexicans were receiving in the area that the suspect was in fear of his life. This was even after the suspect demonstrated in open court how he took Gary's weapon and stood over him and shot him three times. I would like to add that it was totally uncharacteristic of Gary to leave his training officer. He most likely acted out of instinct and ran after the closest person to him. Gary was a developing into a fine Deputy. He already was a fine human being. May he rest in peace, and may Trinidad rot in Hell.

HAROLD COLLINS FPK 69-72

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 23rd, 2017, 6:25 pm

partial rap sheet.
Attachments
Sanders-Iglesias002_op_462x600.jpg
Sanders-Iglesias002_op_462x600.jpg (39.76 KiB) Viewed 6764 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 23rd, 2017, 6:30 pm

This document states that he joined the Mexican Mafia.
Attachments
iglesiasmemo-1--element2.jpg
iglesiasmemo-1--element2.jpg (225.12 KiB) Viewed 6755 times
iglesiasmemo-2--element2.jpg
iglesiasmemo-2--element2.jpg (181.3 KiB) Viewed 6755 times

razorman55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Garden Grove

Unread post by razorman55 » September 11th, 2017, 12:55 am

Trinidad "Trini" Iglesias was never recruited into the Mexican Mafia. He was a validated close associate of several Mexican Mafia members while at San Quentin in the 1970's.
Photos - Trini Iglesias.jpg
Photos - Trini Iglesias.jpg (662.68 KiB) Viewed 6612 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 19th, 2017, 9:19 pm

you are correct from the information I have. His name never shows up on any list of actual members. Surprised he wasnt a member since he actually killed a cop with his own gun, something that La Eme would probably embrace.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 20th, 2017, 11:12 pm

he kept the f uncut ?lol

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 20th, 2017, 11:19 pm

while its seems some black gangsta from big hoods would preffer to keep uncut and stay away from blu note cco or bgf ..in nowaday c and b culture being uncut can be something they actually proud of ...while mexican with that sureno culture will not view joining eme as being cut'' i mean ...thats what i noticed i maybe wrong ''mostly they would see joining eme as an upgrate ...and their hood will look up to havin their homie as one of the carnales ..seems thats a diff between mex and others