Your Favorite..........

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
MiChuhSuh

Your Favorite..........

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 11th, 2006, 2:23 pm

Okay what are some of you favorite songs and/or artists/groups

outside of rap

and be honest, no reason to front on some online forum

Just wondering because I realize the only music people talk about here is rap, which is the mainstream now, but people should expand their horizons a little

My favorite non-rap groups/artists (not in order)

Gorillaz
ACDC
Coheed and Cambria
Aerosmith (just that "Walk this Way" song)

I'll think of more later, but just wondering to see what else pepoel here listen to

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Your Favorite..........

Unread post by A Ghost » January 11th, 2006, 2:44 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:Okay what are some of you favorite songs and/or artists/groups

outside of rap

and be honest, no reason to front on some online forum

Just wondering because I realize the only music people talk about here is rap, which is the mainstream now, but people should expand their horizons a little

My favorite non-rap groups/artists (not in order)

Gorillaz
ACDC
Coheed and Cambria
Aerosmith (just that "Walk this Way" song)

I'll think of more later, but just wondering to see what else pepoel here listen to
Santana
Cypress Hill
Los Lobos

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 11th, 2006, 2:50 pm

lol Cypress Hill I consider more rap, but then B-Real I heard is the lead singer for Rage Against the Machine now, so if they are rock then I definetely count them in. But they are still more rap

Santana, forgot about him. His old songs are tite

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » January 11th, 2006, 4:30 pm

Santana
Sublime
Red Hot Chili Peppes
Sergio Mendez
BOB MARLEY

305 Cuban Boy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 305 Cuban Boy » January 11th, 2006, 4:32 pm

if you talking about any music old or new it gotta be marvin gaye,al green,rick james,bob marley,damian marley,beanie man,tego calderon those are few from the top of my head

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 11th, 2006, 5:15 pm

Man I haven't listened to non-rap in a long time, realized that in the Love LA thread...

So just remembered more - BOB MARLEY

Oldies stuff:
William Devaughan, Curtis Mayfield, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin (ya I know the last one's kinda girly to listen to but whatever lol)

And that one Mexican song - "No Voy a Trabaja" forgot who sings that

"Asereja" by las tomatas or something like that, lol their name was either tomatos or ketchup or something, hard to remember name becuase I listen to songs individually more than artists.

Anyone listen to digable planets? I know they used old jazz and other old songs as their beats, anyone know what songs the beats came from? Wanna listen to the original stuff, just to get a better feel for it

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 11th, 2006, 5:28 pm

More old school:
Ronnie Hudson, George Clinton and the P-Funk All Stars

PREACH
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PREACH » January 11th, 2006, 7:11 pm

reggae - bob marley, gregory isaacs, steel pulse, dennis brown, etc...
reggae is as next to my heart as is hip hop

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » January 11th, 2006, 8:15 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:lol Cypress Hill I consider more rap, but then B-Real I heard is the lead singer for Rage Against the Machine now, so if they are rock then I definetely count them in. But they are still more rap

Santana, forgot about him. His old songs are tite
Rage Against the Machine? I thought they broke up?

I forgot I liked that one song Satellite by P.O.D, they played it on TV, it was cool.

LOL I used to listen to Limp Bizkit! :lol:

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 11th, 2006, 8:40 pm

Rob Nesta Marley
Damian Marley
Led Zep
Eeka Mouse
RATM
SOAD

Many More

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 11th, 2006, 9:53 pm

Led Zep, as in Led Zeppelin? lol man I only heard of one guy before listening to it, a hippy dude

nice to see musical diversity like that

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » January 12th, 2006, 12:05 pm

i would say lyfe jennings, tq ginuwine r kelly some shit like that

dutch
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dutch » January 12th, 2006, 1:33 pm

The prodigy
Korn
Aaliyah
Usher
Alicia Keys
And allot of trance and hardcore house music, i know trance is a gay scene in America but in Europe that is not the case.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 12th, 2006, 6:05 pm

classicc wrote:i would say lyfe jennings, tq ginuwine r kelly some shit like that
bytch Music.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » January 12th, 2006, 7:47 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:B-Real I heard is the lead singer for Rage Against the Machine now,
RATM is dead for now. But the band (without Zack) combined with the singer of Soundgarden (Chris Cornell) and formed a new band called Audioslave. They've made 2 albums already.

My favorite artists/bands outside of rap:

Led Zeppelin
Bob Marley (+ many other reggae artists such as U-Roy, Linval Thompson, Johnny Osbourne, etc.)
Leonard Cohen
Curtis Mayfield
Jimi Hendrix
Bad Religion
Faith No More (King for a day album!!)
Nirvana
Korn (don't like their new style, though)
Pennywise
RATM
Muddy Waters
The Skatalites, Judge Dredd
Black Sabbath
The Doors
Jimmy McGriff
Parliament-Funkadelic
Jimmy Smith
Skindred (heavy/punk band with a ragga-style singer)
Reel Big Fish (best 3rd wave ska band)

+ a bunch of finnish artists/bands that there is no point of listing...

I don't even listen to a rap that much anymore.. maybe only about 25-30% of the music I listen at is rap... and the rap I do listen is mostly from the 89-96. After that the creativity in rap music got lost...

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » January 14th, 2006, 7:32 pm

BlaKK wrote:Rob Nesta Marley
Damian Marley
Led Zep
Eeka Mouse
RATM
SOAD

Many More
I fuckin love Eek A Mouse. It reminds me of old weed smokin times :wink:

Apart from that:

Bob Marley, Al Green, Toots and the Maytals, Otis Redding, John Denver, Bodycount, Nirvana, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Boo Yaa Tribe (Angry Samoans), Metallica, Max Romeo, Gypsy Kings, Johnny Cash, Aretha Franklin, Edit Piaf, Nora Jones, James Brown etc. etc.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 14th, 2006, 7:34 pm

BlaKK wrote:
classicc wrote:i would say lyfe jennings, tq ginuwine r kelly some shit like that
bytch Music.
LOL Blakk you make me laugh....

You need to smoke more to calm down :lol: :wink:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 14th, 2006, 9:06 pm

BlaKK wrote:
bytch Music.
ya, but maybe he listens to it with his female and then........ lol

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 14th, 2006, 9:11 pm

Sentenza wrote:
Damian Marley
Led Zep
Eeka Mouse
RATM
SOAD

Many More

Apart from that:

Bob Marley, Al Green, Toots and the Maytals, Otis Redding, John Denver, Bodycount, Nirvana, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Boo Yaa Tribe (Angry Samoans), Metallica, Max Romeo, Gypsy Kings, Johnny Cash, Aretha Franklin, Edit Piaf, Nora Jones, James Brown etc. etc.
lol does boo-yaa tribe still go into their rock? Because I think they might start up again because freakin MTV banned them as a rap group so they might have to use the name Angry Samoans to get exposure again.

lol about the wee smokin, actually most of those groups are "weed smokin" music haha, and that's why I said only other time I hear about Led Zep is hippies smokin.

But it's all good. Plus, most of their music is relaxing and stress-relieving even without weed.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 14th, 2006, 10:09 pm

Sentenza wrote:
BlaKK wrote:
bytch Music.

I dem Just got back in from the backwoods smokin a blunt. Ironic.

Say wha about Booya tribe, MTV banned them as a "Rap Group" Foreal Foreal? Aint that about a Bytch. Booyaa tribe gets loud play on my neck of the woods.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » January 14th, 2006, 11:29 pm

avril lavigne is tite.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 15th, 2006, 8:14 am

BlaKK wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
BlaKK wrote:
bytch Music.

Say wha about Booya tribe, MTV banned them as a "Rap Group" Foreal Foreal? Aint that about a Bytch. Booyaa tribe gets loud play on my neck of the woods.
Yea, same over here. MTV is a fuckin nerd station for this bitch move.
Boo Yaa Tribe easily has enough skills to play at MTV Unplugged. But maybe theyd be scared that they would tear that motha***** up.
But they are banning everything thats real and only play weak ass sell-out pop. At least most of the times. Thats why i dont watch that shit.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » January 15th, 2006, 8:47 am

End Violence NOW wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
Damian Marley
Led Zep
Eeka Mouse
RATM
SOAD

Many More

Apart from that:

lol about the wee smokin, actually most of those groups are "weed smokin" music haha, and that's why I said only other time I hear about Led Zep is hippies smokin.
I thought Johnny Cash, Nirvana and some of the others were more into Cocaine and Heroin :lol:

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » January 15th, 2006, 12:12 pm

Actually Most of Those artist were into Satinsim.

The Beatles
Led zep
The Doors
Black Sabbath

All Payed homage to Alister Crowley, And If you dont know who that man is, I suggest you google Search the man, Youd be surprised such a man even existed. Dude Rapped, sacrificed and Abused Children, Animals, And women.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 15th, 2006, 1:20 pm

Sentenza wrote:
BlaKK wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
BlaKK wrote:
bytch Music.

Boo Yaa Tribe easily has enough skills to play at MTV Unplugged. But maybe theyd be scared that they would tear that motha***** up.
But they are banning everything thats real and only play weak ass sell-out pop. At least most of the times. Thats why i dont watch that shit.
Because MTV will play Snoop Dogg C-Walkin and hanging a blue flag out his left pocket and have Game and Dipset red flagging because they sell

But at teh same time MTV wants a good PR reputation, so they get that by banning less "mainstream" groups like Boo-Yaa Tribe so suddenly they could pretend like they have morals to America, whily they keep playing "Uncle" Snoop.

Did you see Snoop's car when they did taht special edition of Cribs?
IT WAS A MOBILE ROLLIN 20 TAG

THERE WAS A BIG GOLD 20 ON THE HOOD OF THE CAR AND 20'S ON THE SIDE AND BACK AND THE CAR WAS MOSTLY GOLD. HE TRIED TO COVER IT UP BY ALSO HAVING PURPLE AND ADDING A LAKERS LOGO, BUT HE BLATANTLY SAID "20 IS MY NUMBER, GOLD IS MY COLOR" WTF???

They first banned Boo-Yaa Tribe's video for having "too many gangsters" (WTF? AND THEY GOT...) and then Boo-Yaa Tribe redid the video, but then they said the name "Boo-Yaa Tribe" itself showed gang affiliation

?????? WHAT ABOUT: SPIDER LOC, WARREN G (a president during the "Roarin" 20's), TRAY DEE, GOLDIE LOC, and many, many more they continuously play?

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » January 16th, 2006, 7:56 am

BlaKK wrote:Actually Most of Those artist were into Satinsim.

The Beatles
Led zep
The Doors
Black Sabbath

All Payed homage to Alister Crowley, And If you dont know who that man is, I suggest you google Search the man, Youd be surprised such a man even existed. Dude Rapped, sacrificed and Abused Children, Animals, And women.
Where have you heard that Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Doors all payed homage to a such man? Or even were into satanism? Black Sabbath maybe were into satanism, but those others? Do you have some interview where they have said that?

PS. Nothing bad about satanism. Most of the satanists are either ateists or agnostics who don't believe in the existence of the God neither Satan. Those who worship the Satan as a character from the Bible are completely different people than satanists. People just usually got those two things mized up..

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 16th, 2006, 11:45 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
BlaKK wrote:
Sentenza wrote:
BlaKK wrote:
bytch Music.

Because MTV will play Snoop Dogg C-Walkin and hanging a blue flag out his left pocket and have Game and Dipset red flagging because they sell

But at teh same time MTV wants a good PR reputation, so they get that by banning less "mainstream" groups like Boo-Yaa Tribe so suddenly they could pretend like they have morals to America, whily they keep playing "Uncle" Snoop.

Did you see Snoop's car when they did taht special edition of Cribs?
IT WAS A MOBILE ROLLIN 20 TAG

THERE WAS A BIG GOLD 20 ON THE HOOD OF THE CAR AND 20'S ON THE SIDE AND BACK AND THE CAR WAS MOSTLY GOLD. HE TRIED TO COVER IT UP BY ALSO HAVING PURPLE AND ADDING A LAKERS LOGO, BUT HE BLATANTLY SAID "20 IS MY NUMBER, GOLD IS MY COLOR" WTF???

They first banned Boo-Yaa Tribe's video for having "too many gangsters" (WTF? AND THEY GOT...) and then Boo-Yaa Tribe redid the video, but then they said the name "Boo-Yaa Tribe" itself showed gang affiliation

?????? WHAT ABOUT: SPIDER LOC, WARREN G (a president during the "Roarin" 20's), TRAY DEE, GOLDIE LOC, and many, many more they continuously play?
yeah snoop and the rollin 20's cats do that shit and get away with it because most likely if you aint from LA probably even if you aint from LB you dont know about black and a little bit a gold, and the rollins etc. But everyone and they mama know about the overall bloods and crips. if some grapes made it big and was sportin purple people wouldn't know about that shit either.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 17th, 2006, 1:17 am

^ True, but everyone and thier momma, maybe grandma at this point, know Snoop is cripping at the very least - how else do 12 year olds in the middle of nowhere suburb know what "c-walking" means?

And they are blue'd up in a lot of his videos.

The last video, drop it like it's hot, was the most blatant example of getting away with obvious stuff - "I keep a blue flag hanging out my back side but only on the left side ya that's the crip side" - ?

and then the c-walk that went with it of course.

They "censored" it by making the flagg blurry - too bad it's in black an white to begin with, you can still see it's a bandana and they only censor the work "crip", nothing else.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2006, 1:58 am

yeah thats true. Snoop always sneakin his gang shit in his videos. But snoop don't seem like a gangsta no more he skinny as hell, and apart of pop culture now. but boo-ya some crazy ass, swoll, tatted down samoans, that be flamed up in their videos and shit. Them fools look like some niggas straight from the pen.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 17th, 2006, 3:05 am

lol
snoop's been skinny though, from the start, I don't know if its the weed or bad genes or both

He was trying to show off his "muscle" on that Making the Video thing for Ups and Downs, pathetic hahaa. His arm looked like mine back in Jr. High, plus they were benching on the standard (instead of olympic style) bench, only like 40 pounds total haha
but straps beat fists any day, sad reality of the world.

Boo-Yaa, man, I couldn't image fighting/sparring/anything with them, I only know one dude personally that could beat them, and he is an Aikido master lol I bet they couldn't even feel normal punches through that 7 layers of skin fat and muscle, craziness.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 17th, 2006, 3:16 am

booya is really some gangster cats. They used to be kid frost's bodyguards when he had beef with other varrio's cats. They would walk around with these huge as 2 by 4's with nails and barbwire wrapped around it. Gangster ass umos.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » January 17th, 2006, 5:46 am

^??? Crazy hahaha they did taht for Kid Frost? When?

I just know after one of their family got killed (think brother) they moved to Japan and did rap/dance stuff there and came back to the US with rap.

Had no idea about body guard stuff

What hood is Kid Frost from anyways?