Biggie verse Tupac: who was better

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
R.I.P Biggie Smalls

Biggie verse Tupac: who was better

Unread post by R.I.P Biggie Smalls » July 11th, 2003, 7:38 am

Biggie or Pac, whats your pick? :lol:

I loved both, but I guess Pac, he had a lot more memorable songs, and was a little better, although I prefer Biggie. Does that make sense? Oh well. 8)

the-answer

Unread post by the-answer » July 11th, 2003, 8:09 am

they were both great!!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 11th, 2003, 9:14 am

no bg knocc out was the best and my nigga bg 4clips may he kelly in peace had that funky vibe ,they were less known but they was true gz from the hood ...rapin about true stuff

kitrena

Unread post by kitrena » July 11th, 2003, 11:38 am

[quote="bgCASPERsscc"]no bg knocc out was the best and my nigga bg 4clips may he kelly in peace had that funky vibe ,they were less known but they was true gz from the hood ...rapin about true stuff[/quote

:) they were both good. Biggie has songs that you just can't forget like juciey but pac clearly had more songs that stuck in everones heart and spoke to everyone and i think that they would still be great and that maybe biggie could have been different like p.diddy is now. but nomatter what i like both

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

lyrically speaking...

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 11th, 2003, 2:05 pm

Biggie-Smalls was the better free-styler. If any of you really listen to hip hop, go check some of his freestyles...like on Sway&Tech's compilation. Biggie could rip a mic though, he had real MC skills. Tupac was the better writer of the two, what he could formulate on paper/napkin/matchbook was well thought out. Biggie only had 3 albums, well really 2 solid albums of his work while he was alive, the 3rd was a rehash of old shit. Pac had tons of material, but he was still growing. Most people get their music programmed into them from the radio stations you listen to. If you decipher these 2 MC's in a hip hop sense, they could not compete with other more wreck MC's like Rakim Allah, KRS-One, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane.

younan

Unread post by younan » July 12th, 2003, 1:14 pm

2Pac

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » July 12th, 2003, 1:33 pm

Personally, I don't think that you can even really compare the two. They were totaly different, although, I think B.I.G. was the better mc.

CHRISTOPHER WALLACE - R.I.P.

Hot

Re: Biggie verse Tupac: who was better

Unread post by Hot » July 21st, 2003, 8:30 am

Tupac was the sexiest man! But not only this, he was also the greatest rapper ever lived!

Greetz

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » July 21st, 2003, 9:14 am

well go and touch your popcorn in front of the niggas pics and post your stupid stuff in a gay board ...

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 22nd, 2003, 3:44 am

This is a bs debate...cause there is no Pac versus Biggie. Pac is the best and is the symbol of thug life, Biggie is not.

We all know what Pac did to Biggie and Bad Boy on "Hit em up". Nobody could stand up to the "rough, rugged and raw....outlaw."

Where is Biggie's "Dear Mama"..."Brenda Got A Baby"...."Hail Mary"...?

Ya'll Biggie fans be dilusional.

SpacerLoco
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SpacerLoco » July 22nd, 2003, 4:24 pm

2Pac he the greatest ever, ain't no-one near his level!

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » July 22nd, 2003, 10:11 pm

thesoulsedge wrote:This is a bs debate...cause there is no Pac versus Biggie. Pac is the best and is the symbol of thug life, Biggie is not.

We all know what Pac did to Biggie and Bad Boy on "Hit em up". Nobody could stand up to the "rough, rugged and raw....outlaw."

Where is Biggie's "Dear Mama"..."Brenda Got A Baby"...."Hail Mary"...?

Ya'll Biggie fans be dilusional.

Whoever said that B.I.G. had to make music like Tupac did? Whoever said that B.I.G. had to act like Tupac did? I understand that you're a Tupac fan, & that's fine, but "Hit Em Up" was a weak diss man. On a mc level, that shit was lukewarm, at best. He couldn't even make it a solo track, he had to have lyrical back up, in the form of the Outlawz? Come on now. To me, it sounds like you never really listened to Biggie's music, you just judge him as Tupac's "rival", which is sad. Both men had some incredible songs. Why can't people just let them both rest in peace? There always has to be some sort of drama. Folks keep pittin them against each other, even years after their deaths.

CHRISTOPHER WALLACE - R.I.P.

TUPAC SHAKUR - R.I.P.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 23rd, 2003, 8:21 am

Biggie and Pac were squabbin'...Pac lit that nigga up on "Hit Em' Up" then somebody (I wonder who) had Pac killed because he got to real with comments about "somebody's wife" on Hit Em Up.

Lyrically the dis track wasn't the best. But in terms of realness: how can you get more real?

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » July 23rd, 2003, 9:20 pm

You can get more real by takin your beef to the individual in question, like a man. Not on some "yo, I'm a tough-guy, I'm gonna kill you...blahblah" type of shit. If they were supposed to be such good friends, then Tupac should've had the heart to come at Biggie with any questions he had, about his involvment (or lack thereof) in his robbery. The fact that he sat back, & took so-and-so's word for it, just goes to show that he was easily lead. Which, I think, is what ended up leading to his demise.

thesoulsedge
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by thesoulsedge » July 24th, 2003, 12:34 pm

Fresh: the behavior you describe is "real nigga" behavior and Pac was "a real nigga". He wasn't a preacher, a doctor, a professor. He was a nigga and acted like one.

That's what makes him great. If he were rational and logical, he would be Ted Koppell or Bryant Gumbel or Oprah...he's be somebody boring.

But real niggaz jump to conclusions and set trip. This is why we respect them. A true nigga "acts first" and "thinks second". Let the rational people hang out in science labs and leave the streets to the irrational mufuCUZZ.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » July 28th, 2003, 9:58 pm

Man Biggie wasn shiat wat did he do but show his jelly rolls. Man 2pac was clearly the better rapper. n yall sayin y didint tupac reach out is cuz biggie fatass had ppl shot him in '94 thats when 2pac came out with Hit Em up. the nigga deserve to get cussed out.

R.I.P 2pac

Lemme give a quick shout out 2 my niggas in DC

Kab
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kab » September 7th, 2003, 12:26 pm

I couldn't figure out how chris blew up myself. I remember seeing the juicy video with a fat ashy mofo rappin, I watched the whole thing and listen close... I felt nothing. Had big talent but wasn't reachin me. Only liked 1 song off "Ready 2 Die" and I believe it was the title song, had a tight beat. He doesn't even show on my Top 100. Alot of his production seemed 3rd rate to me and totally not his fault. Puff was pushin him to do boosty things. I consider him in the bling bling section of rap.

He made some money which is good but he was still broke as fuc by the time he died, foul.

Pac here.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » September 7th, 2003, 1:51 pm

biggie was the betta mc, he had better lyrics, could battle and freestyle. Pac wrote poetry, but his voice, his emotion and flow is what made him, nobody else in the rap game can get away with rappin poetry like pac could.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » September 18th, 2003, 7:18 pm

Mysonne wrote:biggie was the betta mc, he had better lyrics, could battle and freestyle. Pac wrote poetry, but his voice, his emotion and flow is what made him, nobody else in the rap game can get away with rappin poetry like pac could.
Agreed. To address either man being the greatest, some would that Pac and Biggie were overrated.

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » September 19th, 2003, 3:33 pm

Mysonne wrote:biggie was the betta mc, he had better lyrics, could battle and freestyle. Pac wrote poetry, but his voice, his emotion and flow is what made him, nobody else in the rap game can get away with rappin poetry like pac could.
REAL TALK!!!

blkjopker
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by blkjopker » November 3rd, 2003, 6:49 pm

Yo you hit that right on the head yo, same thing I been thinking.

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » November 12th, 2003, 2:38 pm

2pac was the best. he was good looking, talented, poetic, a good actor, he had some many talents it didn't just stop with rap. i never got into biggie only heard of one song he did and that's juicy. and to be honest there ain't no more juice in that one.

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » November 24th, 2003, 2:26 pm

biggie fantacised of a thug immage, but only got killed. pac is the best everything. who ever put pac in a catogorie with big has never listened to the man rhyme.

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » November 28th, 2003, 12:00 am

Biggie was the better mc, but Tupac was the better poet. Anyway, that's the way I see it.

R.I.P. - CHRISTOPHER WALLACE

R.I.P. - TUPAC SHAKUR

STEVIE

Unread post by STEVIE » February 5th, 2004, 6:20 pm

THEY WERE BOTH GOOD MUSICIANS,BUT I PREFER 2PAC

STREETGANG111
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by STREETGANG111 » March 3rd, 2004, 5:47 pm

`
Last edited by STREETGANG111 on March 20th, 2004, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kiCKer » March 4th, 2004, 12:52 am

Biggie never replied to the diss because he didn't wanna. He was hurt than a former close friend could turn around on him like that. Pac was in it for the $$$. Biggie asked Pac at a concert one time why he had to do that and Pac said it's all about the $$$.

anyway...Pac is the most influential rapper to ever grace the mic. PERIOD. he is what Bob Marley was to Reggae...what the Beatles were to pop...what Jimmi Hendrix was to the electric guitar...

but i do admit...Biggie was a better EMCEE...but Pac's voice could move me like nobody else has to this day. let them both rest in peace and enjoy what they left this world...their music...

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » March 4th, 2004, 10:06 am

Biggie was a better freestyler no doubt, and hands down he was dope like that. Tupac was the better writer, he had more of a message in his work...his charisma translated well to song, his message translated well to song. The difference to me (and I'm a WESTCOAST fan for life) is that Tupac was able to reach WEST to EAST. Biggie was a hit for that party type music, but he wasn't saying nothing to us out here on the WEST. Tupac was trying to get his message out to people and I think he was on the verge of doing it before he passed. But he wasn't stupid, he hooked up with the money and stuck with it too. You know how rappers fiend to become respected in their circle or backpack rappers or whatever, Tupac was definitely paper-chasin.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 4th, 2004, 11:21 am

STREETGANG111 wrote:2 Pac is the best rapper eventhough I liked Biggie. But 2 Pac was gangsta and kept it real and Pac did serve, Biggie with the hit em up joint. After getting served like that your basically, out of business just like 50 put Ja Rule out of business. Once you get shut down your down and Pac shut Biggie down with hit em up that's, the hardest diss record ever to me. He brought it to em and they couldn't reply even, if they wanted too they just wouldn't have. Been able to recover from that blow that Pac gave em, I think that Pac was just to real. For some people to stomach and Bad Boy and them just couldn't, handle the heat that Pac was bringing. And another thing that I like about Pac, he was multi talented he could rap, act, write poetry. How can I say he was the I will get banned, he was the realest and hardest in the game. A straight soilder and fighter for what he belived in another thing, that I liked about Pac was he could go out. And see something that really could have botherd him, and write about what he saw and make you feel. As if you was there watching what he saw and he could make you think about things, he is and will always be the best rapper.

R.I.P TUPAC AMARU SHUKAR
June 16 1971-Septerber 13 1996

You dont know what you talking about, Biggie did not respond to pac, because he really did not want to beef with him. But believe me pac cant beat biggie on a battle. Pac wrote his song biggie did not need a pen or paper he spit it out right off the top of his head. Pac touched people through his songs he wrote about every day life that people related to. You really cant compare the 2.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » March 4th, 2004, 11:23 am

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:Biggie was a better freestyler no doubt, and hands down he was dope like that. Tupac was the better writer, he had more of a message in his work...his charisma translated well to song, his message translated well to song. The difference to me (and I'm a WESTCOAST fan for life) is that Tupac was able to reach WEST to EAST. Biggie was a hit for that party type music, but he wasn't saying nothing to us out here on the WEST. Tupac was trying to get his message out to people and I think he was on the verge of doing it before he passed. But he wasn't stupid, he hooked up with the money and stuck with it too. You know how rappers fiend to become respected in their circle or backpack rappers or whatever, Tupac was definitely paper-chasin.
Agree with you 100%

DrIfTaH

Unread post by DrIfTaH » March 10th, 2004, 11:03 pm

You can argue either side, who is better than who. But..what are you really arguing? Pac can be better than Big and Big can be better than Pac. Depending on your grounds of arguement and your supporting statements. Any man/woman can be made guilty but yet also innocent in a court of law, happens everyday. Same rule applies here in this debate. In reality, it is like the old saying..it's like comparing apples to oranges, you just can't do it. You can, but it would be unfair to both parties. Now what we need to start doing is not comparing but appreciating what they both brought to the hip-hop culture and what they contributed while they were here. I do believe that Big was a better MC, being from the eastcaost, you generally need to be to make it. Pac was a different beast, he had many talents. Very educated and polished but yet at the same time, very raw and rough. I believe tupac was a great person, did many things, touched many people and left a legacy for all to marvel. Basing solely on the influence they had on people, pac was that. Big was his dance partner though. Without each other, one would not be whole. Ying and Yang, Love & Hate..peace..

Fre$h
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Fre$h » March 11th, 2004, 1:21 am

For the people who said B.I.G. never responded to "Hit Em Up," who do you think Biggie was talkin about/to in songs like "What's Beef," & "The Long Kiss Goodnight?" I've always considered those two, in particular, to be reply tracks.