Bodycount

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Bodycount

Unread post by Sentenza » November 8th, 2007, 2:57 pm

Anyone liked these guys? They used to be one of my favorite metal bands...They also had some good messages involved.

Born Dead

The winner looses

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » March 27th, 2008, 4:17 pm

they would be "black metal" right?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Bodycount

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 27th, 2008, 8:39 pm

Sentenza wrote:Anyone liked these guys? They used to be one of my favorite metal bands...They also had some good messages involved.

Born Dead

The winner looses

Yeah & I didn't know "the winner looses was on youtube"! That's 1 of my favorites by them. I guess they would be considered "black metal". I don't even know how to describe all of the rock genres, but this I like!

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » March 27th, 2008, 9:25 pm

andrew wrote:they would be "black metal" right?
See, well the term "black metal" is kinda a racial term for blacks who play metal. I have some good buddies who are all into metal and shit and they were talking about this one day. So wither or not "Black Metal" is an actual style? I'm not sure. But what it means is Black people playing metal rock. They call it black metal. I don't know if its a derogatory term or not so don't go using it freely hahaha. There is a band who started "black metal" like the first band of black men who write and play these bad ass fuckin metal songs but I forgot what they were called... Something about an arrow or something.. maby thats just one of there songs though. I could be wrong about all of this so don't take my word for it. This is just what I heard my buddys talking about.

Pretty cool, I don't really like rock but its cool. I like the second one.

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » March 27th, 2008, 9:27 pm

twocost wrote:
andrew wrote:they would be "black metal" right?
See, well the term "black metal" is kinda a racial term for blacks who play metal. I have some good buddies who are all into metal and shit and they were talking about this one day. So wither or not "Black Metal" is an actual style? I'm not sure. But what it means is Black people playing metal rock. They call it black metal. I don't know if its a derogatory term or not so don't go using it freely hahaha. There is a band who started "black metal" like the first band of black men who write and play these bad ass fuckin metal songs but I forgot what they were called... Something about an arrow or something.. maby thats just one of there songs though. I could be wrong about all of this so don't take my word for it. This is just what I heard my buddys talking about.

Pretty cool, I don't really like rock but its cool. I like the second one.
Okay scratch that. There was a metal band that came out around the 80's and idiots were being racist and called it "black metal" because they were all black. I just asked one of my friends and he let me know whats up.

Black metal is an extreme heavy metal subgenre. It is typically abrasive and characterized by the use of fast tempos, high-pitched electric guitars often played with tremolo picking, high-pitched shrieking vocals, and unconventional song structures.

Its in wincyklapidea soemshit like that.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 27th, 2008, 11:37 pm

I've heaard ghetto metal as well, but I dont like the term black metal, cuz black metal is actually a metal sub-genre

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » March 29th, 2008, 3:19 pm

i know bro....the black metal comment was a joke....suprised no one caught it

DetFJ
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DetFJ » March 29th, 2008, 5:49 pm

Cop killa!

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 29th, 2008, 10:42 pm

perongregory wrote:I've heaard ghetto metal as well, but I dont like the term black metal, because black metal is actually a metal sub-genre
I always thought black metal was referring to some Satanist type shit, but oh well you never stop learning. But whatever, i like Bodycount.

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » March 30th, 2008, 10:39 am

it is some satanic shit.......body count bein black metal was my attempt at a stupid joke

anyways evil dick is my fave song by them....and the new bc is pretty good

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » March 30th, 2008, 10:42 am

it is some satanic shit.......body count bein black metal was my attempt at a stupid joke

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » March 30th, 2008, 10:55 am

wow some niggas playing rock music & yall white folks dont know what to call it! HAAHHAAA

DetFJ
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DetFJ » March 30th, 2008, 12:36 pm

There Geos The Neighborhood is the best song

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » March 30th, 2008, 12:46 pm

andrew wrote:it is some satanic shit.......body count bein black metal was my attempt at a stupid joke

lol, ok, my bad....

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » March 31st, 2008, 8:53 pm

WIP wrote:wow some niggas playing rock music & yall white folks dont know what to call it! HAAHHAAA
who r the white boys?

anyways......i was thinking of a band called anal cunt.....they have a song called "living colour is black metal".....anyone remember those clowns from living colour?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » April 1st, 2008, 12:24 am

andrew wrote:
WIP wrote:wow some niggas playing rock music & yall white folks dont know what to call it! HAAHHAAA
who r the white boys?

anyways......i was thinking of a band called anal cunt.....they have a song called "living colour is black metal".....anyone remember those clowns from living colour?
living color aren't clowns, and anal cunt was grindcore plus they started out as a joke. that's why all there songs have stupid names like "living colour is black metal".

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by andrew » April 1st, 2008, 5:09 pm

yeah they are......clowns.....ever hear them?awful

and yeah i know anal cunt is a joke band.....like i said i stole thier joke.....sheesh

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 5th, 2008, 2:38 pm

andrew wrote:
who r the white boys?
I guess he was referring to me.

But anyways, some other shit that would fall under the category "Ghetto Metal" is Boo Yaa Tribe i guess. The Album Angry Samoans is some good shit.

Mr.Bungle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mr.Bungle » May 25th, 2008, 11:33 pm

qssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mr.Bungle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Mr.Bungle » May 25th, 2008, 11:35 pm

Body Count was great. I had tickets to their first tour with metal bands Exodus,Pro-Pain and someother band but couldn't go cause my family got nervous about a bunch of cops protesting the concert on account of the song Cop Killer. Who died in that band? Was it cancer he died from? Didn't they steal a buncha Black Sabbath riffs for the first album? Not that thats a bad thing, I mean if you're gonna steal it might as well be from the originators/best. Black metal was an album by a band called Venom from the early 80's. It was a punk infused speed metal album, but the title was for the satanic theme which the band never really was in the real life. The name stuck. A bunch of metalheads from Norway and Sweden loved it along with classic bands like Bathory,Hellhammer/Celtic Frost,Sodom,Possessed,Voivod and Kreator. They started their own bands with names like Mayhem,Darkthrone, Burzum,Immortal,Emperor,Dissection,Gorgoroth, Abruptum and Niden Division 187. They kept to the old ways,but sped-up. Somewhere along the line some adopted a Nazi/pro-white race mentality, a belief somewhat funny coming from places as white as Norway and Sweden,had they ever encountered a black person in their life. They then became the terrorizers of their lands, much like the gangs of america. They killed one another,committed acts of violence against anyone not with them,desecrated graves or in American terms vandalized property and burned down churches. It also had an east coast/west coast type of feud, where black metallers from Norway threatened and attacked members from Sweden on the idea of who was more true. Today most of the culprits of the violence era are dead(Euronymous) or in jail(Grishnack). Like the mafia some got released(Faust) some ratted and got out early(Samoth and Ishahn of Emperor) or some went into hiding(IT of Abruptum) some others continue on in the old-school ways,do their time,get out andcontinue(Gaahl)without regards for themselves just the movement(family,gang,etc.).As far as black bands in metal, thats a runnig joke. We call Living Color,Body Count,God Fordid, Jada Pinkett-Smiths band/Fishbone, black metal. Some of these are great bands along with bands that have black members like Hirax, Suffocation(GODZ!),Entombed(funny enough from Sweden),but like hockey it's a rarity. P.S the post above is because I took to long typing this one and I had to re-enter. Please don't hold it against me. Delete it please.

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » May 31st, 2008, 7:26 pm

Nice break down!

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » June 1st, 2008, 12:18 am

I used to bump BC a lot in the late 90's, too bad their last album (Murder 4 hire) sucks

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » June 1st, 2008, 1:38 am

metallica is the shit

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » June 1st, 2008, 1:39 am

but that shit you played was wak as hell that might as well be considered rap

paingod
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by paingod » June 1st, 2008, 6:58 pm

Ice wrote:I used to bump BC a lot in the late 90's, too bad their last album (Murder 4 hire) sucks
Whats the best BC cd? I only know the first, but I heard the song Born Dead from i think the 2nd cd and liked it . You got a suggestion? And I always loved that Body Count played Th e Mlwauke Metalfest one year and there was a white power band playing and BC represented! RESPECT!

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » June 2nd, 2008, 12:44 am

My personal BC favorite album is The Last Days: Violent Demise, I think it came out in 1997, it was bangin

andrew
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Bodycount

Unread post by andrew » August 10th, 2008, 3:59 pm

hirax?......katon depena sounds like a drunken negroe.......wait....he is

but hey axl rose sounds like one too

but i am a mad hirax fan

Return to “Music and News”