Whats up with all this Tupac and not recognizing Biggie?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Whats up with all this Tupac and not recognizing Biggie?

Unread post by YO-B » May 19th, 2008, 10:00 pm

WHY ON THIS FORUM I SEE ALL OF THIS 2PAC THIS 2PAC THAT.. 2PAC WAS A AVERAGE RAPPA..WITH ALOT OF SONGS.. WHICH 70 PERCENT OF HIS SONGS WAS BASIC ANYWAY..
BIGGIE WAS BETTA.. AND JUST INCASE YALL FORGOT THAN GO OUT AND RE-COP HIS ALBUMS.. READY TO DIE AND LIFE AFTER DEATH.. AND LOOK OUT FOR HIS MOVIE TO

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 19th, 2008, 10:25 pm

#1 tupac is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than biggie....

#2 this a more westcoast based site

#3 2pac was more than jst a rapper unlike biggie

#4 if it wasnt fo 2pac beefin him and his death biggie wuda been jst another jay z.

#5 biggie was better when he copied pacs style...then he switched to that playa mode coz pac taught him that.

#6 2pac ain dead, he lives on ...biggie R.i.Ped a wihle back

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 19th, 2008, 10:36 pm

Mcminister wrote:#1 tupac is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than biggie....

#4 if it wasnt fo 2pac beefin him and his death biggie wuda been jst another jay z.

#5 biggie was better when he copied pacs style...then he switched to that playa mode coz pac taught him that.

STANGIN" EM

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 19th, 2008, 10:59 pm

Mcminister wrote:#1 tupac is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than biggie....

MCMINISTER.. UR WRONG .. LET ME BREAK IT DOWN..

1. 2PAC WAS A AVERAGE RAPPA.. BUT EVERYBODY REALLY WAY OVA ACT WHEN YALL MENTION HIM.. HIS SONGS WAS SIMPLE.. HE HAD ALOT OF SONGS BUT MOST OF HIS SONGS WAS BASIC.. NOTHIN SPECIAL..... JUST BEKAUSE U HAVE ALOT OF SONGS DONT MEAN NOTHIN..

2. THIS MIGHT BE A MORE WEST BASED SITE BUT ITS DEFINTLY EASTKOAST HEADS ON HERE

3. PAC WAS A MOVIE ACTOR .. YAY FOR HIM..

4. LMAO R U SERIOUS .. STOP PLAYIN.. BIGGIE BASICALLY MADE 2PAC CAREER WHEN HE ROBBED HIM the FIRST TIME.... BUT BIGGIE AINT NEED PAC FOR NOTHIN LOL ..KOME ON NOW.. AND SHIT JAY-Z WAS the SHIT TO SO THAT MEANS THAT BIGGIE WOULD OF STILL BEEN ONE OF the GREATEST WHICH HE IS.. BIG NEVA EVEN PAID PAC ANYMIND... IT WAS PAC THAT ALWAYS WAS FOCUSED ON BIG.. ALWAYS .. BIGGIE RHYMED BETTA AND MUSIC SOUND BETTA AND HAD BETTA SONGS..

5. LMAO PACS STYLE.. NOW I KNOW U SMOKIN SOMETHING.. BIGGIE AND PAC ALWAYS HAD TO DIFFERENT STYLES AND EVEN BACK IN the DAY IN the EARLY MID 90'S.. 80 PERCENT OF RAPPAS HAD the SAME STYLE WHEN U LOOKED AT IT.. AND HOW U GON SAY PAC TAUGHT BIGGIE PLAYA SHIT WHEN U AINT NEVA MET HIM ..

6. AND IT DOESNT IF HES DEAD OR NOT.. BEKAUSE YEA HIS MUSIC MIGHT LIVES ON BUT BIGGIE MUSIC IS DEFINTLY GONNA LIVE ON. AND BIG WAS CLEARY the BETTA RAPPA.. 2PAC WOULD RANK IN 15TH PLACE ATLEAST.. NO BULL..

JUST BEKAUSE HE GOT 2,000,000 SONGS DOESNT MEANS HE the BEST.. BEKAUSE OUT OF 2,000,000 OF PACS SONGS.. ONLY 5 OF THEM SONGS WAS GOOD..

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 20th, 2008, 9:38 pm

1. a person who can say that i think doesnt know nothing buot rap.

2. the eastcoast heads are on some westcaost shit ..most of tehm are bloods and crips or sometihn from NY if not they obvisuly feel the better rapper is pac

3. 2pac is an activist, an MC, legend, a voice for the ghetto, and someone that made hard times go by easier .

4. biggie did not rob 2pac, biggie actually told pac bout the folks who robbed pac weeks befo pac got robbed and was like " don chill with dem dudes coz tehy ain nice man they ain this that w.e" ....biggie is one of the greatest but this death made him waay more bigger. ....Biggie was somewhat scared of mentioning pac. biggie didnt even ryme better than some of the outlaws i dono wachu syain ...is it coz u listen to biggies best songs and base him on them....biggie had ill flow and good style..but pacs poetry is way out of his level of even thinkin. music didnt sound better please. and didnt have better songs....if 2pac and biggie was the only rappers in a top 20 list...pac wud have 15 outa the top 20 songs.

5. Do you jst speak witout thinkin, knowing.....listen to the music and watch documentaries..and c how biggie went from Thug life to playa and see who told him to change his style. i don have to know anybody to know this.

6.THIS POINT U STATED SHOWS THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING BOUT HIP HOP

im actually not gana post back again unless u have a better arguement ...u sound like a dude that started listenin to rap like 2 years ago. or some type of european.

80% of rappers sounded the same.. :shock: wow.

soapdropper

Unread post by soapdropper » May 20th, 2008, 10:02 pm

pac fuckin blows sac bro! J Z is big these dayz! he owns the KNICKS! and btw pac is dead

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 20th, 2008, 10:04 pm

This thread is hip hop sacrilege.
Both of these rappers had different styles that they excelled at.
Pac was great story teller that had songs that painted an image that people can see without a video.
BIG was a freestyle/wordplay machine that sounded hot on just about anything even though sometimes it didn't have a message.
when i think about Pac i think great song writer.
when i think BIG I think about crazy verses.
In the end its a matter of preference.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 21st, 2008, 1:29 am

word i feel u bro,....but most people prefet pac...is all that im sayin,.and there is reasons behind that

i ain tryna knock biggie he is second best in my opinion.if nas kept up with how he sounded wen he was out.

3 to 5 Is Life
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3 to 5 Is Life » May 21st, 2008, 6:25 pm

wuz at. hoo be dissin the man that i call 2 pac shakur. he is life not ded. duh. dam u guys is dum as hellio. i just shot pool with that playa las week. the funk u foos talkin. werd out.

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 21st, 2008, 8:39 pm

Mcminister wrote:1. a person who can say that i think doesnt know nothing buot rap.

2. the eastcoast heads are on some westcaost shit ..most of tehm are bloods and crips or sometihn from NY if not they obvisuly feel the better rapper is pac

3. 2pac is an activist, an MC, legend, a voice for the ghetto, and someone that made hard times go by easier .

4. biggie did not rob 2pac, biggie actually told pac bout the folks who robbed pac weeks befo pac got robbed and was like " don chill with dem dudes coz tehy ain nice man they ain this that w.e" ....biggie is one of the greatest but this death made him waay more bigger. ....Biggie was somewhat scared of mentioning pac. biggie didnt even ryme better than some of the outlaws i dono wachu syain ...is it coz u listen to biggies best songs and base him on them....biggie had ill flow and good style..but pacs poetry is way out of his level of even thinkin. music didnt sound better please. and didnt have better songs....if 2pac and biggie was the only rappers in a top 20 list...pac wud have 15 outa the top 20 songs.

5. Do you jst speak witout thinkin, knowing.....listen to the music and watch documentaries..and c how biggie went from Thug life to playa and see who told him to change his style. i don have to know anybody to know this.

6.THIS POINT U STATED SHOWS THAT YOU KNOW NOTHING BOUT HIP HOP

im actually not gana post back again unless u have a better arguement ...u sound like a dude that started listenin to rap like 2 years ago. or some type of european.

80% of rappers sounded the same.. :shock: wow.
NO NEED FOR UR WEAK STARCASIM.. AND YEA 80 PERCENT OF the RAPPAS DID SOUND the SAME BACK IN the DAY... FIRST OF ALL UR NOT EVEN FROM the USA UR FROM AFRICA OR SOMETHING... SO PLEASE... SAVE ME the TROUBLE.. I KNOW WAY MORE OF ANY HIP HOP THAN U DO.. UR JUST ANOTHA NIKKA THAT JU,MPS ON THE 2PAC BANDWAGON BEKAUSE EVERYBODY ELSE JUMPS ON THERE.. OMG the OUTLAWS WAS TRASH.. U NEED TO STOP GIVIN JUST ANYBODY THE BENIFIT OF A DOUBT OF BEING A GOOD RAPPA.. BIGGIE OUTMATCHED PAC AND ANY OTHA NIKKA IN the OUTLAWS EASY.. EASY.. ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.. U TALKIN ABOUT PEOTRY.. LOL NIKKA THERES TONS OF RAPPAS THAT SPIT WAY MORE POETRY THAT SOUNDED WAY BETTA THAN 2PACS.. PLEASE GET OFF 2PAC COAT-TAIL FOR ONE MINUTE PLEASE AND JUST LOOK AT WAT UR SAYING.. THERES SO MANY RAPPAS THAT WAS BETTA THAN PAC THAT IT WASNT EVEN FUNNY.. ONCE AGAIN UR JUST ANOTHA NIKKA THAT CONSIDERS PAC the GREATEST BEKAUSE HE HAVE 5,000 SOUNDS.,. SO WHOS NEXT LIL WAYNE? :lol: YEA PAC WOULD HAVE 15 TOP SONGS BUT ONLY 3 OF THEM WAS GOOD :lol: U NEED TO STOP FRONTIN FOREAL... REGONIZE WAT BIGGIE MADE .. JUST REGONIZE IT... THAN KOME BACK AND TALK TO ME ..

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 21st, 2008, 10:03 pm

so u sayin u think people from africa don kno hiphop like they ain no TV's thre?
fo yo infomation 2pac wasnt my favourite rapper till i actually heard his shit deep and learned buot him more in the bay area.
i ain gon argue no more...
anyone who thinks tupac wudnt be one of the 15 best rappers of all time...proly knows nothin buot rap..or ain from the street....i mean com'on obviusly he wont touch a suburbian kid that ain never lost nothing except a skate board or his favourite Dog rolph

i live the thug life baby im hopeless.
chokin on indo tryna get my focus,
don let the BS worry me,
fuck the fame im true to the game till they burry me,

wen u hear that wat do u think, what do u feel...nothin obviusly...u gon be like wat am i tryn damn true to WHAT GAME?...wat thug life?
i understand why u feel beggie mroe

coz obviusly anybody can say..woow damn thats a punchline, or w.e you say wen u listen to battles.

its not only this site..but if the world took a vote....whose the greatest u already kno who wud win

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 21st, 2008, 11:06 pm

Mcminister wrote:so u sayin u think people from africa don kno hiphop like they ain no TV's thre?
fo yo infomation 2pac wasnt my favourite rapper till i actually heard his shit deep and learned buot him more in the bay area.
i ain gon argue no more...
anyone who thinks tupac wudnt be one of the 15 best rappers of all time...proly knows nothin buot rap..or ain from the street....i mean com'on obviusly he wont touch a suburbian kid that ain never lost nothing except a skate board or his favourite Dog rolph

i live the thug life baby im hopeless.
chokin on indo tryna get my focus,
don let the BS worry me,
fu-- the fame im true to the game till they burry me,

wen u hear that wat do u think, what do u feel...nothin obviusly...u gon be like wat am i tryn damn true to WHAT GAME?...wat thug life?
i understand why u feel beggie mroe

coz obviusly anybody can say..woow damn thats a punchline, or w.e you say wen u listen to battles.

its not only this site..but if the world took a vote....whose the greatest u already kno who wud win
WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT .. MOST OF THE WORLD FOLLOWS WHAT THE NEXT PERSON DOES.. I SEEN PEOPLE SAY THAT THEY LIKED 2PAC BEKAUSE THEY NIKKAS LIKED 2PAC.. AND WHY DO I GOTTA FEEL HIS LYRICS? BEKAUSE HIS LYRICS R DEEP? NAH I DONT HAVE TO FEEL HIS LYRICS BEKAUSE IM NOT FEELING HIM. ITS OTHA RAPPAS with WAY MORE DEEP LYRICS THAT MEANS SOMETHING WAY MORE THAN ANYTHNG PAC EVA SAID..
AND FROM the LOOK OF THINGS PAC HAS TOUCHED LIL SUBRBAIN KIDS TO THATS WHY THEY WALK AROUND with 2PAC SHIRTS ON with HIS POSTERS..
BUT ALL IM REALLY TRYING TO SAY IS THAT HE WAS FAR FROM THE BEST AND NOT BETTA THAN BIGGIE.. HE WAS GOOD THO.. NOTHING ELSE.
BUT WHAT BIGGIE DID WAS BRING IN THE SCENERIOS IN THE GAME, BROUGHT THE RULES OF THE STREETS IN THE GAME,, EVEN IN HIS PUNCHLINES IT MEANT MESSAGES.. BIGGIE POETRY WAS GOOD. ONLY THING IS THAT BIGGIE POETRY WASNT BASED ON POSITIVTY AND THAT SHIT.. IT WAS BASED ON HOW HE FELT..
EXAMPLE{ I SWEAR TO GOD I FEEL LIKE SLITTIN MY RISK AND ENDING THIS BS(PUT the MAGNUM UP TO MY HEAD THREATIN TO PULL SHIT)( AND SQEEZE UNTIL the BEDS )( COMEPLETELY RED)( IM GLAD IM DEAD)
^^^^ SEE
BUT WHEN IT KOMES DOWN TO IT UR GONNA HAVE UR FACTS AND OPINIONS AND IMA HAVE MY FACTS AND OPINIONS BUT IMA ALWAYS TRY TO PROVE MY POINT

U GON LIKE PAC.. IM GONNA LIKE BIG..

3 to 5 Is Life
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by 3 to 5 Is Life » May 21st, 2008, 11:13 pm

i tell u foos stop disin pac n bigs. dey be life an dey helps me git tru dis shit we call life. i is can haz packy pac fo life. werd out. jiggy jiggy.

atm//TONE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange COUNTY

Unread post by atm//TONE » May 21st, 2008, 11:15 pm

Mcminister wrote: its not only this site..but if the world took a vote....whose the greatest u already kno who wud win
Landslide victory

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 22nd, 2008, 5:32 am

atm//TONE wrote:
Mcminister wrote: its not only this site..but if the world took a vote....whose the greatest u already kno who wud win
Landslide victory
I think it would be a landslide victory for Pac cuz he was the guy that dudes wanted to be in real life.
Away from rap Pac was alot "cooler" then BIG.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 23rd, 2008, 12:06 am

biggie didnt have alot of love from people..like compare to pac...evrybody love pac soo much..tht they love the outlaws too lol..
big syke once said he can go to anyhood coz of 2pac ...

it is easier to like pac coz he didnt rep a hood,gang or a city...

and his words are from the heart.

the lyrics arent that hard or on some metaphor shit but FUCK!! its proly top 10 best rap songs ever.

u can be asian, russian, albanian, croatian, kenyan, nigerian, tanzanian, south african,angolan, australian,brazilian, mexican w.e u got to feel that shti

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 24th, 2008, 11:35 am

ILL RATHER LISTEN TO GROUP HOME ANYDAY THAN PAC.. BUT THATS JUST HOW I AM.. LIKE I SAID .. EVERYBODY DONT FEEL the SAME RAPPA THAT EVERYBODY DO

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 24th, 2008, 11:36 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
atm//TONE wrote:
Landslide victory
I think it would be a landslide victory for Pac because he was the guy that dudes wanted to be in real life.
I THINK YALL GOIN A LIL 2 FAR.. THIS IS BIGGIE NOT SOLJA BOY OR PLIES.. YALL GOTTA UNDERSTAND THAT BIGGIE WASNT JUST YA AVERAGE ARTIST NEITHER.. BUT BOTH OF THEM BEKAME LEGENDS AFTER THEY DIED

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 24th, 2008, 3:15 pm

YO-B wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
atm//TONE wrote:
Landslide victory
I think it would be a landslide victory for Pac because he was the guy that dudes wanted to be in real life.
I THINK YALL GOIN A LIL 2 FAR.. THIS IS BIGGIE NOT SOLJA BOY OR PLIES.. YALL GOTTA UNDERSTAND THAT BIGGIE WASNT JUST YA AVERAGE ARTIST NEITHER.. BUT BOTH OF THEM BEKAME LEGENDS AFTER THEY DIED
As rappers both of them were great.
But away from rap Pac had more marketability.
He was in more forms of media so he had more ways to appeal to people.
thats why i think he has more fans.

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 24th, 2008, 6:32 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
YO-B wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
atm//TONE wrote:
Landslide victory
TRUE BEKAUSE HE WAS ALWAYS GETTIN ARRESTED AND SHIT

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 25th, 2008, 4:48 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
YO-B wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
atm//TONE wrote:
Landslide victory
and also coz he lived his lyrics more than biggie did...it made him on some next level...everybody wants to be him type shit..

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 26th, 2008, 10:52 am

Mcminister wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
YO-B wrote:
$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
atm//TONE wrote:
Landslide victory
and also coz he lived his lyrics more than biggie did...it made him on some next level...everybody wants to be him type shit..
LOL HE LIVED HIS LYRICS? SO WHEN HE SAY HE KILLED 43 NIKKAS IN the AFTERNOON.. THAT MEANS HE DID IT? LOL NAH I DONT THINK SO.. RAPPAS LIKE BIG AND PAC RAP ABOUT THE STREETS.. NOT REALLY ABOUT WAT THEY DID.. NOBODY IS REALLY GONNA TELL ON THEY SELF LIKE THAT

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 26th, 2008, 2:09 pm

2pac said he killed 43 niggaz wen?

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 26th, 2008, 6:36 pm

NAH I WAS JUST GIVIN A EXAMPLE.. BUT HE SAID HE KILLED NIKKAS IN HIS SONGS THO

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 26th, 2008, 8:03 pm

how u kno he did or not?....not sayin he don murdered but it doesnt look doubtable....u never kno

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 26th, 2008, 9:31 pm

BUT U KNOW WAT.. the SAME WAY U ASK ME THAT QUESTION ABOUT HOW I KNOW OR NOT.. IS THE SAME WAY HOW I can ASK YOU THE QUESTION ABOUT BIGGIE LIVIN HIS RHYMES.. JUST BEKAUSE ANOTHA MAN LIKE 2PAC SAYS THAT HE TOUGHT BIGGIE WAT EVA... DOESNT MEANS THAT HE'S TELLIN THE TRUTH NEITHER.. IF WE WASNT THERE TO SEE THEY UP RAISE PERSONALLY THAN HOW can WE BELEIVE ANY OF THEM?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 27th, 2008, 3:29 pm

ur rite, but think bout it there is alot of times 2pac bust his guns or was related to a gun bustin incident....in atlanta wen he busted at them cops, in marin city wen someone got shot that had to do with someone in his ountarouge(however u spell it).....and he steady had guns with him all the time...sometimes he had 2 guns on him, like dats why he use to say..READY TO BUST...

there is stories i heard buot him goin around with like 3 or 4 guns to everybody who ever talked shit buot hims huose and askin them wheres the beef at...that dude shok G said wen pac got paid the first thing he did is got an AK,,left his window open waitin for people to come and try to jack his shit..

there is stories on the street whcih might be jst fake bout him bustin at niggaz.....but atleast there is stories...

what are biggies stories ..that he created a character he wanted to be like, that he was the frendliest hard working kid,.....biggie got bagged fo stuff but he ain no real thug who is steady holdin his own.

go to oakland and people gon tell u how ...wen pac moved there he wadnt no pussy , he was straight ready to throw'em up

look at pacs frends growin up his crowd tells u alot bout him and look at biggies crowd

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » May 27th, 2008, 6:50 pm

In my opinion, Biggy was better than Pac lyrically.

HOWEVER, Pac spoke out about social issues more than Biggy did.

But they were both hip hop legends.

RIP Biggy

(Press play) 8)

jmaups2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jmaups2005 » May 27th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Pac-makes that heart felt shit.

Biggie-was a story teller that couldnt be fucked with.

Both had 2 different styles that cannot be compared to each other.

YO-B
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by YO-B » May 30th, 2008, 4:35 pm