New Evidence of LAPD Connection to Notorious B.I.G. Murder

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
admin

New Evidence of LAPD Connection to Notorious B.I.G. Murder

Unread post by admin » February 18th, 2011, 10:27 am

This topic correspond to the post that can be found at http://www.streetgangs.com/hip-hop/0218 ... _murder:By Lora Neng
WWW.STREETGANGS.COM STAFF WRITER
February 18, 2011

The murder of Notorious B.I.G. is one of the most prominent cold cases involving a hip-hop artist and police to appear in Los Angeles headlines. The 1997 case of Christopher Wallace's death raised a scandal over the link of two LAPD undercover officers to the scene. Officers Perez and Mack were subsequently fired and convicted for unrelated crimes of bank robbery and stealing cocaine. New evidence reveals that the two officers were on security detail when Wallace left the party at the Peterson Automotive Museum on that fateful night.

An alleged conversation between officer Rafael Perez and his cell mate was reported by KCAL 9. “Perez was working security. Perez had a cell phone. Perez said he called over to Mack, David Mack on his cell phone. Perez told Mack that Biggie Smalls was in his truck. Perez never said that he set up Biggie Smalls but I have heard that he…had something to do with that murder,” according to the inmate.

While the evidence does not directly implicate the officers in Wallace's death by a lone gunman who drove up in a Black Chevy Impala, hundreds of pages in documentation were undisclosed at the trial. The Wallace family attorney believes the LAPD hid evidence that the officers were working for the city on the night of B.I.G.'s murder, as a tie to the shooting could cost millions of dollars to the department in liability.

Scooby318
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: Shreveport

Re: New Evidence of LAPD Connection to Notorious B.I.G. Murd

Unread post by Scooby318 » March 16th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Crazy! This is gonna take hella twists and turns before it's done.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Re: New Evidence of LAPD Connection to Notorious B.I.G. Murd

Unread post by MCD » March 16th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Yeah I heard the whole reason LVPD and LAPD broke off the investigations were because it was bringing bad press to their departments for some reason. And the police chiefs were tellin detectives to drop it