T.I.'s Early Release From Prison Confirmed

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
admin

T.I.'s Early Release From Prison Confirmed

Unread post by admin » August 31st, 2011, 8:03 am

This topic correspond to the post that can be found at http://www.streetgangs.com/hip-hop/0831 ... release:By Lora Neng
WWW.STREETGANGS.COM STAFF WRITER
August 31, 2011

Today, a rumor that T.I. is being released from prison is rumored no more. It is true. Clifford Harris was released one month early from a yearlong prison term for drug possession while on probation. He was let out from a Forrest City, Arkansas penitentiary at 7:30 am this morning.

A plea agreement was reached based on good behavior when, to his credit, Harris had turned himself in for purchasing machine guns and silencers in 2007. Part of the sentence reduction was the result of commendation for his community service for that early trial where he was also ordered to pay $100,300 in fines.

T.I. felt compelled to arm himself when a friend had fallen to bullets that he thought were aimed at himself. While serving probation for weapons charges, he was found in possession of ecstasy and sent back to jail. But after nearly a year spent alternately in confinement or speaking to others about the dangers of drugs, gangs, and violence, T.I. was happy to be out. "Feels great to be back where I belong...Back in the arms of those who need me the most," he tweeted. "The storm is over & the sun back out. IT'S OUR TIME TO SHINE SHAWTY!!!!! Welcome to the beginning of our Happy Ending!!!!"