Bangin' On Wax III No Passes

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Who cares

Bangin' On Wax III No Passes

Unread post by dl » May 28th, 2014, 12:54 pm

Album released last april in Japan. It's worth checkin' it.

It's for sale on Ebay, Discogs and some Japanese sites.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Bangin' On Wax III No Passes

Unread post by Quepolo3 » June 11th, 2014, 3:06 pm

dl wrote:Album released last april in Japan. It's worth checkin' it.

It's for sale on Ebay, Discogs and some Japanese sites.
@dl- I've been looking for it online, and I can't find this. Can you put the address on here. I have to say that I wonder how can a Bangin' On wax 111 be made and most of the people are dead? Who is doing it, Big Wy and Redrum?

dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dl » June 12th, 2014, 12:09 am

Here is the link: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Bangin-O ... se/5642138

It was recorded long time ago. Big Why and Redrum are not on the album, but there is Green Eyez and Twin loc who were both on the earlier releases. If you click on the link you can see the tracklist and names of the artist. It is not the best of all their releases, but I am very happy with my copy, some tracks are really nice.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » June 12th, 2014, 5:09 am

dl wrote:Here is the link: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Bangin-O ... se/5642138

It was recorded long time ago. Big Why and Redrum are not on the album, but there is Green Eyez and Twin loc who were both on the earlier releases. If you click on the link you can see the tracklist and names of the artist. It is not the best of all their releases, but I am very happy with my copy, some tracks are really nice.
@dl- Appreciate that bruh! $25 is a little more than I'm willing to pay, but I did recognize a few of the artist on there. Twin Loc, green eyes and I saw spider on there as well.

dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dl » June 12th, 2014, 5:29 am

You are welcome... I think the 2 rappers from Harlem are the same as on the Rep Yo Set album, but other names. Ratt, who is on a couple of tracks was also a member of this forum. Also, one rapper who is not credited wich is Corleone or something like that, is from New York.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 12th, 2014, 5:30 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
dl wrote:Here is the link: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Bangin-O ... se/5642138

@dl- Appreciate that bruh! $25 is a little more than I'm willing to pay, but I did recognize a few of the artist on there. Twin Loc, green eyes and I saw spider on there as well.
I feel you on the money, but at least it's 2 discs. I remember seeing a lot of 2-cd albums selling for $20+ in stores, even though I think this is excessive. I think this is really a gimmick foreigners are creating to make profit, but maybe they got love for the music like some of us. I know without them, we may have never seen this release! I have heard CDs sell for a lot in Japan, so I guess I can't blame them. Plus I think they're making limited prints of these, so they have to turn a higher profit per CD than some releases. I don't understand some of the things these foreigners are doing, but I think it's partly gimmick. I will be patient and see if I can get it for less, but hopefully they don't sell out. Part of the gimmicks I have seen is that they print only so many of these, so that they sell fast and I think the price is part of that.

dl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dl » June 15th, 2014, 7:06 am

Well, I was wondering why this was only released in Japan, as far as I know it is an official release from Tweed. I know SCC released lot's of albums in Japan, I think tere is a big market for (gangsta)rap, but there must be lot's of people in the US waiting for their albums, and to buy them from Japanese stores is really expensive...

Siner
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nowhere

Unread post by Siner » June 16th, 2014, 7:29 am

I'm lookin' for it a while, shit, they only released it in Japan?
:/
That Ratt isn't the same from I.C.H?

Siner
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Nowhere

Unread post by Siner » June 16th, 2014, 7:40 am

yo' DL if you can upload it for us, I'll love you, no homo.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 18th, 2014, 8:33 pm

dl wrote:Well, I was wondering why this was only released in Japan, as far as I know it is an official release from Tweed. I know SCC released lot's of albums in Japan, I think tere is a big market for (gangsta)rap, but there must be lot's of people in the US waiting for their albums, and to buy them from Japanese stores is really expensive...
That is another possibility. I know of someone who rereleased his album from here in the states, I think maybe just for Japan or a large chunk of it.

hanselboyd
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by hanselboyd » April 11th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Siner wrote:I'm lookin' for it a while, shit, they only released it in Japan?
:/
That Ratt isn't the same from I.C.H?
Yes it is Ratt from ICH. I am he. I remember doing that album at the studio on Crenshaw and Rodeo quite a few years back. Ronnie ron died and I never knew what came of the album till now.