west vs east vs midwest vs the south

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

west vs east vs midwest vs the south

Unread post by looney » March 4th, 2005, 9:39 pm

which side are you rolling with and why.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: west vs east vs midwest vs the south

Unread post by K1LLJOY » March 5th, 2005, 1:14 am

im rollin with the south bekuz they make the hardest music and when i say hard im not taling about that sh-t yall use to watchin on bet and mtv im talkin about the whole south movement period i mean texas got that
chill layed back gangsta type feel and they got the chopped and screwd music ther memphis started the buck crunk thing and was doing it befor it got popular if you know south rap history and thats wher the gangsat walk started and got the south by storm and the kings on tennesse
hypnotize camp posse got that whole state on locked.
florida and miami got the club and booty music on lock and the whole south got the car game on lock dont nobody got tight cars like them niggas and they just wild and crazy. atlanta is mainstream and my least favortie of the south but you gota give it to them i mean wher would the rap game be if gorgia didnt have the sh-t on lock? i can keep on going
but i manely listen to memphis rap.

as far as the weak lack of black population none move makin west coast goes... well may i say more? lol.

the east coast got sh-t on lock to but i can careless about them but i still got love for em

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » March 5th, 2005, 8:03 am

i'm rolling with the west and the midwest. the reason why i rolling with the west first because i always like the way the westcoast spoke real on gangsta shit. plus nowdays everybody wanna try to be like compton and wanna be bloods and crips and the fact of the matter is they never been to cail in they life. the reason i choose the midwest i because of techn9ne he is the first kat to come outta kansas city with a major record deal and made it. anything east of the mississippi river is str8 garbage.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 5th, 2005, 10:31 am

(Supreme rushes his way to the back of the room with a long trench coat on, signals some whiteboy looking for a fix to the bathroom )

Supreme: make this quick B, i aint got time like that. wutchu need....
WhiteBoy: you got that gangsta ish?
S: yeah i got that ignorant shit ya niggas like. i got that new Styles
got MOP, DMX, Shyne.
W: ummm...
S: wuttup nigga? too hardcore or sumtin? you like that lyrical ish?
I got that new canibus, nas, rae and ghost- that wu shit feel me
W: ummm how about..
S: yo son i got err thing from Dip set to councious shit like mos def
and talib kweli, Mobb Deep to AZ, Jay Z to Fugees
W: nah i want that ish thats always on the radio
S: say no more B, here

(the exchange is made and 50 cents claims anotha victim hahahaha)

mamlook
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mamlook » March 5th, 2005, 1:33 pm

Im rolling with everybody...Long as you put out good music and keep it real I got love for you.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » March 5th, 2005, 2:38 pm

y.g looney wrote:i'm rolling with the west and the midwest. the reason why i rolling with the west first because i always like the way the westcoast spoke real on gangsta shit. plus nowdays everybody wanna try to be like compton and wanna be bloods and crips and the fact of the matter is they never been to cail in they life. the reason i choose the midwest i because of techn9ne he is the first kat to come outta kansas city with a major record deal and made it. anything east of the mississippi river is str8 garbage.
lol huh i seen a video by tech 9 it was somethin like mama said stop it or im gona tell poppa lol that song tight as f-ck and i think he a blood kuz in the song he said im rollin with the b and ill never let the c get the best of me

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » March 5th, 2005, 2:39 pm

mamlook wrote:Im rolling with everybody...Long as you put out good music and keep it real I got love for you.
true true

PS1979
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PS1979 » March 5th, 2005, 7:08 pm

used to be a hardcore east coast hiphop fan 1986-1995....but the whole hiphop movement on that side FELL THE FUCK OFF!!!
Ive always been a huge fan of that west coast shit though, southern california and the bay area scene, man ever since toddy tee and the LA dream team goin way back to 84-85, an too short "born to mack"....I can listen to some old school west coast shit from 87 or 88 or 89 and be completely satisfied with just that...thats how ahead of their time most of that Cali shit was.
.....Hate the south though, i hate their whole recycled 808 miami/LA/bay area sound...i liked it better before when it was called the "dopefiend" sound ala ant banks and studio tone.
back in 96 the down south sound was GOODIE MOB and OUTKAST....
now they on some ol' other shit.
and damn...i hate their loud, obnoxious vocal tracks with all the screaming and shit..lyrics all undecipherable, fuck all that noise

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » March 5th, 2005, 7:25 pm

techn9ne is a blood from rdv rouge dog villans of 57th street. when the la bloods came to kansas city mo they started up that gang. his website is http://www.therealtechn9ne.com. he has some videos can can downlad for free. the name of that song is imma tell

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 5th, 2005, 8:24 pm

y.g looney wrote:techn9ne is a blood from rdv rouge dog villans of 57th street. when the la bloods came to kansas city mo they started up that gang. his website is http://www.therealtechn9ne.com. he has some videos can can downlad for free. the name of that song is imma tell
ive never heard of the guy but me being the man that i am, i want to hear this fellow BUT the link isnt working. im bout to check limewire....whats a good track of his ?

signed "the fourteen carat gold slum computer wizard"

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » March 5th, 2005, 9:22 pm

type in the website let me know what you think when you hear his songs