NBA Dress code

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

NBA Dress code

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » October 14th, 2005, 4:57 pm

Ya'll heard about this? The NBA league office is trying to put in a dress code. Saying players have to wear suits.

I think it's bullsh*t.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » October 14th, 2005, 7:05 pm

the NBA is doing it so the players can look more professional, rather than a street ball contest. if players come in with suits rather than valore suits and du rags it will give the NBA a more professional look.

but, honestly, i don't see what purpose it serves.

what i DO find interesting what ron artests comments on the dress code along the lines of "they better give us more money to pay for the suits" where the average NBA salary is $6/year. out of the $6 million hes making he can't find some money for a nice suit, whats wrong with this guy? not to mention that he said he's only playing basketball for publicity to launch his rap carrear.

SkoobyDoo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SkoobyDoo » October 16th, 2005, 8:49 am

What Artest is saying is...if they want to change policy and make us wearing clothing which we don't have...then you pay for it. I see his point. Not every ball player makes millions of dollars. Some make the league minimum $250,000. They play 82 games a year, plus all the other events they gotta wear them at...that's alot of suits to pay for if you don't have any.

And looking "perfessional" is just a matter of perception. If wearing shorts and a tank top is perfessional to someone, then it is. If wearing a $2,000 suit is perfessional to another, then it is. Noone is wrong in either case...they both are right. I'm pretty sure the fans don't give a shiit if a player comes to the game in a suit or in a bathrope.

They don't work in an office...they play basketball for a living...it's f*ckin pointless is implement a dress code policy.

ablackmanlookin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ablackmanlookin » October 17th, 2005, 9:55 am

I think this is wrong and the Union need to stop this. Its another attack on a culture. Believe me no matter how a person dress its not going to change his behavior on or off the court.

DOOBIE'S BACK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOOBIE'S BACK » October 17th, 2005, 1:07 pm

Good Posts, I think the league is trying to send/set a positve image. When your on the company's time, then you should follow the company's rules. Right?? Some dudes are making league minimum BUT it varies by how long you play. Very FEW players are making less than half-a-mil. And NBA contracts are guaranteed. Meaning, if you blow out your knee, there are clauses that allow you to get paid for the rest of your life. Eddie Curry had one with the Bulls. That's why they wanted him to submit to a DNA test. If he failed, the Bulls were willing to pay him like $500,000 a year for the next 50 years. But he didnt and got traded, anyways, back to the subject. I think the "professional" (suit look) looks good on these dudes. Nothing wrong with looking sharp. But wearing shirts down to your knees, du-rags, etc makes players look "sloppy." Remember, culture is who you live and how it lives inside you. "Material" culture is how you look. Set a good example for the kids. Even if you don't want to be a role model, playing a professional sport makes you one. Point blank period. And people saying "I want a clothing allowance" Go kick rocks with that shit. Give me that money and I'll wear a fu_ken moo-moo if that's what the NBA said. These dudes are ungrateful and some have forgot where they came from....

leftcoast
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by leftcoast » November 4th, 2005, 7:31 pm

I think the "professional" (suit look) looks good on these dudes.
:shock: