RAP IS DEAD!

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music and all Sports.
BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

RAP IS DEAD!

Unread post by BlaKK » December 7th, 2003, 5:58 pm

i cant even listen to 100.3 no more, cuz rap is dead. i mean 50 cent, youngbloodz (even though they bloodz they still keep rap the way it should sound) snoop, clipse, dead prez, bonethugz, tupac, B.I.G, birdman, 365, das "Rap" music. Nelly, Eminem, Ja Rule that $hit aint rap, das straight up white boy entertainment cuz. the category of rap needs a seriuos re-evalutaion. cuz dis $hit is killin me yo. I thought rap was poetry. not a bunch o hoes who sing bout love and $hit and make it sound like rap. it's so sad. they mine as well have a rock group sing bout cappin fools. it dont sound right.

GOD SAVE THE RAP

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Re: RAP IS DEAD!

Unread post by Ice » December 7th, 2003, 7:11 pm

there's alotta good rap out there but its not necessarily bein played on the radio...

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 7th, 2003, 7:47 pm

yeah das true

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » December 7th, 2003, 11:09 pm

its because nowadays no one cares about poetry or anything like that. all these pricks that are mainstream care about is money hoes and cars, etc etc. You see them on MTV cribs..."yeaa i got a 22kt gold plated phone...the shyt dont work but i dont give a fuk....im bling blingin ya heard." fk that. i hate that shit. nowadays its all about TRL and all that jive ass shit.

in my opinion...when 2pac and biggie died...rap died with it.

i mean there are some good CLUB hoppers but nuthing that gets to your heart and soul like 2pac or Biggie. i dont know..its hard to explain.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » December 7th, 2003, 11:29 pm

nah homie, rap didnt die with biggie and pac....its just that right now its cool to be "gangsta" and thats what they r sellin to the kids that watch mtv...there are a lot of rappers out there who put out good mess on a regular basis but remain overlooked...i usually blame mtv 4 that, but as time goes, i more and more start to think that its the public that fu<k rap up, supportin nelly, ja rule, chingy...

like crooked I said:

"gangsta rap aint dead, it never died, it took steroids to the head and became Crooked I"

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » December 8th, 2003, 1:45 am

WELL FIRST I AGREE WITH YOU I LISTEN TO A LOT OF STUFF BEFORE 2000, BUT I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOUR SQUARE AZZ WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LIKE THE YOUNGBLOODZ EVEN THOUGH THEY BLOODS YOU GOT SOMETHIN AGAINST B-DOGS AND SECOND THEY AIN'T EVEN BLOODS THAT JUST SOMETHIN PEOPLE USE TO CALL EACH OTHER BACK IN THE DAYS.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 10th, 2003, 8:39 am

Y.G. wrote:WELL FIRST I AGREE WITH YOU I LISTEN TO A LOT OF STUFF BEFORE 2000, BUT I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOUR SQUARE AZZ WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LIKE THE YOUNGBLOODZ EVEN THOUGH THEY BLOODS YOU GOT SOMETHIN AGAINST B-DOGS AND SECOND THEY AIN'T EVEN BLOODS THAT JUST SOMETHIN PEOPLE USE TO CALL EACH OTHER BACK IN THE DAYS.
I dont no, thats kind of pushin it, i see a lot of red in their videos.

"Square Azz" :cry:

sneb101
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by sneb101 » December 11th, 2003, 5:24 pm

whats really ruining rap is crap like chingy and 50 cent singin about their 24's. around 2/3 of their records are bought by rich white kids wanting to look cool listening to their "gangsta" rap.

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » December 11th, 2003, 11:11 pm

yeah...there are some white kids that call themselves "G-Unit." (Theyre a racing crew of course). This is in Yorba Linda. Whats even worse is that in Yorba Linda, there are "crips." kinda sad and funny at the same time....can you imagine there conversation?

"hey cuzzz, lets find some bytches!...hey mom! can i get some money?"

haha

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » December 12th, 2003, 9:56 am

Yeah, in a way. I don't feel a lot of this new stuff. I can't really get into the club "bangaz" anyway, I ain't into that scene no more. A lot you youngsters out there love that chingy/50/jayz/jarule stuff, thats' why it gets played on radio 24-7.

I tell you what, if you want your favorite underground rap record to get a spin...have you and your homies call up your local radio station and request it all day long. Otherwise you'll have to wait for Sway&Tech show, or whatever else is local in your market. If you in LA, check your area for the local hip hop radio show. These shows are pretty local, some center around your nearest university/college. It's where future major market DJ's learn their trade, in college radio. You could hear some of your new stuff there.

But if your into that WESTCOAST GANGSTA, turn off the radio. Go to your local shop and see what they got.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 12th, 2003, 2:20 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:yeah...there are some white kids that call themselves "G-Unit." (Theyre a racing crew of course). This is in Yorba Linda. Whats even worse is that in Yorba Linda, there are "crips." kinda sad and funny at the same time....can you imagine there conversation?

"hey cuzzz, lets find some bytches!...hey mom! can i get some money?"

haha
this is a joke right? please dont tell me theres really a racing crew called "G-Unit" im breaking all my 50 cent CD's if thats true. tell me ur joking.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 12th, 2003, 8:23 pm

Haha good one BlaKK. If there is you know it's probably all white.. lol. I saw a couple white and one black high school teenager(s) wearing those colors last time I passed through but they were mellow. Work consisted of maybe a fist fight at a party.. maybe. Enough said. Seriously, key in on what BDL is sharing rather than some ridiculousness from Nixon's birthplace. He brings insight for real. I have learned a lot from reading his posts. All the streetgang OG's have wisdom. Learn from them when they share here. They don't have to. They choose to share. We're lucky to have them. Peace.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 12th, 2003, 8:25 pm

Oh and I disagree that rap is dead. Are the blues dead? I don't think so. It's true the heart of it goes into remission at some point but true listeners will keep listening to what's true. My 2 cents.

ya_know

Unread post by ya_know » December 17th, 2003, 12:37 pm

rap is not dead, its just not that easy to find some good rap music besides all the commercial shit.

Cheeks
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cheeks » January 22nd, 2004, 5:03 am

Well in the first place, YOUNGBLOODZ are NOT bloods. They said it theirselves.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » February 2nd, 2004, 11:01 am

Rap isn't dead, its just a commercial smokescreen hiding the real stuff, as you said, 50, Jah Rule, blah blah etc. Under that there are real poets - Dead Prez for example. Listen, get on the net to find sounds comin from LOndon, UK...Dizzee Rascal, Wiley etc true grimy, with an apocalyptic sound, check it.

flaboy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by flaboy » February 3rd, 2004, 6:27 pm

white boy entertainment what are u sayin they tryin to get paid if you are an entertainer cant say you only want money from a certain people Thats like sayin crack is for crackheads get that money

Blues
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Blues » February 3rd, 2004, 9:58 pm

One Word:Bootlegging

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » December 15th, 2004, 10:10 am

im just tired of all these fools running around talking about "ballin" all the time and still saying they "hood" in the next...come around my way with that mess and you leaving butt ass pure.....theres a lot of crap on right now..whats with nelly makin a country song? dudes like lil john just screamin all the time...

chingy and his dopey looking ass...i mean...whers the real music...the real hip hop...the real struggle and pain that the music was about....talking about real life......all these niggas talk about is hotels smokin weed and how big they gun is...its all wack

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » December 15th, 2004, 11:54 am

NAW, YOUNGBLOODS AIN'T BLOODS. THEY FROM ATLANTA.

AND COMMERCIAL RAP IS DEAD. YALL GOTTA FUCK with THAT UNGERGROUND/INDEPENDENT SHIT. THAT GUTTER SHIT FROM CHI/GARY, KC, & DAGO.
Last edited by FLUID on December 15th, 2004, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » December 15th, 2004, 2:39 pm

FLUID wrote:NAW, YOUNGBLOODS AIN'T BLOODS. THEY FROM ATLANTA.

AND COMMERCIAL IS DEAD. YALL GOTTA fu-- with THAT UNGERGROUND/INDEPENDENT SHIT. THAT GUTTER SHIT FROM CHI/GARY, KC, & DAGO.
how come in that joint the got sean paul is like...

"....im all GBed up...." aint that gangsta blood?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 15th, 2004, 3:26 pm

i feel like some people just need to step up n rechange the game just like how eazy e started gangsta rap from how it was before. u know, that gangsta rap with its rawness in it, now they just need to kinda remold that rawness into something more positive, u know, u can be as raw all while keepin it funky, positive n street at the same time all while never forgetting where u came from. it doesnt have to be zzzzzzz. people need to re-step up n change the game once more (to make it against mainstream culture again, just like nwa did it in its time) or else this corporate bs is just gonna keep eating off that same vibe while travesting it more n more.

GUNJA SMOKIN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GUNJA SMOKIN » December 15th, 2004, 5:56 pm

^^ im feelin that

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 15th, 2004, 5:56 pm

Capo wrote:i feel like some people just need to step up n rechange the game just like how eazy e started gangsta rap from how it was before. u know, that gangsta rap with its rawness in it, now they just need to kinda remold that rawness into something more positive, u know, u can be as raw all while keepin it funky, positive n street at the same time all while never forgetting where u came from. it doesnt have to be zzzzzzz. people need to re-step up n change the game once more (to make it against mainstream culture again, just like nwa did it in its time) or else this corporate bs is just gonna keep eating off that same vibe while travesting it more n more.
When you think about it. They kinda have no choice due to if you dont go commercial then your not gonna make much money. Then Big Heads of the Major labels play puppet master and keep artist on a leash. The media will get involved if you go too far. So when you think about it, they artist are kinda forced. I mean fedz are profiling rappers more than they do kriminals now!!!!!

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 15th, 2004, 7:24 pm

well i took nwa's example to show how they made something n just completely invented a style without even knowing if it would sell big or not in the first place (in this sense not being commercial at the time). n other than the fact that they did succeed financially, they also succeeded in affecting a whole generation of people into gangsta rap n the whole shit that includes, even if today its evolving more n more into bs as in wannabeing, imitating n whatnot instead of understanding why its like that n the story behind it. it gave an eye to the gangsta culture that existed whereas before they even spoke on it, it wasnt as popular as it is today, like eazy said, gangsta rap WAS the cnn of the ghetto u know. n for sayin they dont have a choice today, its the same thing to say they didnt have a choice back then, but they actually did n proved it, n in the end it affected people so much that the fbi had to put them on a black list (just by that ONE track 'fuck the police' that caught on to the public so much coz they felt it). now im not an 'artist', but its obvious for anybody to realize if artists of today, n i mean the real artists out there u know, if they could only step up n realize the power they really got on the world around them, the fbi'd have a reason once more to shit in its pants. the way i see it in rap culture, the realness in it has a reason once more to strive through innovation for existance in this world of fake shit. its like a mouse n cat game in a way, u always gotta be more innovator than the system to keep the eyes of the public on you (being realer than what the system has to offer)

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 15th, 2004, 7:42 pm

Capo wrote:well i took nwa's example to show how they made something n just completely invented a style without even knowing if it would sell big or not in the first place (in this sense not being commercial at the time). n other than the fact that they did succeed financially, they also succeeded in affecting a whole generation of people into gangsta rap n the whole shit that includes, even if today its evolving more n more into bs as in wannabeing, imitating n whatnot instead of understanding why its like that n the story behind it. it gave an eye to the gangsta culture that existed whereas before they even spoke on it, it wasnt as popular as it is today, like eazy said, gangsta rap WAS the cnn of the ghetto u know. n for sayin they dont have a choice today, its the same thing to say they didnt have a choice back then, but they actually did n proved it, n in the end it affected people so much that the fbi had to put them on a black list (just by that ONE track 'fu-- the police' that caught on to the public so much coz they felt it). now im not an 'artist', but its obvious for anybody to realize if artists of today, n i mean the real artists out there u know, if they could only step up n realize the power they really got on the world around them, the fbi'd have a reason once more to shit in its pants. the way i see it in rap culture, the realness in it has a reason once more to strive through innovation for existance in this world of fake shit. its like a mouse n cat game in a way, u always gotta be more innovator than the system to keep the eyes of the public on you (being realer than what the system has to offer)
I agree. But its seem like its not about that anymore. Its more about the money>

ChAoS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChAoS » December 15th, 2004, 9:31 pm

I f I hear another rapper claim he's a blood, Ima throw on a red rag myself, and start yellin' out sets that I never heard of.........

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 16th, 2004, 9:43 am

ChAoS wrote:I f I hear another rapper claim he's a blood, Ima throw on a red rag myself, and start yellin' out sets that I never heard of.........

lol

TechNiq
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by TechNiq » December 17th, 2004, 11:30 am

hip hop has become to comercial. People is in it foe the money. its fuckin shame

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 17th, 2004, 12:15 pm

indeed it is.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 17th, 2004, 1:56 pm

The soul of the Rap listeners will never die, like jazz every generation will have its emerging listeners.

There will always be original fans and, there little brothers/sisters/cousins picking up on it eventually.

Its whether the hiphop industry will die out or not. In 39 years Hip Hop might become obscure like Jazz/ old school P-funk/ etc but, you might find an underground station or so still playing the "Classics" from that Hip to the Hop era. Cuz the old heads might still demand this music, alongside their kids who pick up on it????

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by olo » December 17th, 2004, 2:44 pm

I think hip-hop will get to a point, to where it will be mostly done by white people. Hip-Hop will eventually become Rock-N-Roll. If you look at it, there are no more real Rock bands. All the so-called rock bands are just rapping with guitars now. If you ask an average black kid or even adult on the street, "who invented rock n roll", and I guarentee they will say white people. But the fact is Blacks invented Rock'N'Roll. Also, when somebody is black doing rock n' roll, they are looked at as trying to do "white" music which is far from the case. I think Hip-Hop will be the same thing 50 years from now.