Gang Trivia - Oct 16, 2004, Most Reputed Member

Win a free prize if you can corrrectly answer a question from the annals or particapate in a raffle and win a prize. Also read unusual emails sent to Street Gangs.
knoxhustle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Gang Trivia - Oct 16, 2004, Most Reputed Member

Unread post by knoxhustle » October 29th, 2004, 8:43 am

I'm on the east coast, NY, and I'm seein more and more albino Damu's, ya feel me.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » October 29th, 2004, 1:22 pm

Conman wrote:The way I read the article it appears that the Police consider/allege that Johnson and Allen are responsible for at least 60 murders. They were convicted of only two of the alleged 60 murders.

If we are basing this trivia on notoriety or Most Reputed, then Johson has this locked down...unless the Toontown guy was convicted of all 10 of his alleged murders?
What article did you read? I am not aware of these killing sprees by LA gang members. Do you or anyone on here have a link to an article such as the LA Times or any other news source? Again as far as I am concerned, McGhee haas been charged with more murders than any other LA gang member in history. I searched those two other names and come up with nothing.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » October 29th, 2004, 3:28 pm

I was referring to the article cutout provided by Rocstar. I do recall reading about Johnson in either the LA Times or Sentinel. One of the detectives investigating him stated that he (Johnson) would be a great study for psychologists or something. I will look for it a post it here..

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » October 29th, 2004, 4:04 pm

alonso wrote:
Conman wrote:The way I read the article it appears that the Police consider/allege that Johnson and Allen are responsible for at least 60 murders. They were convicted of only two of the alleged 60 murders.

If we are basing this trivia on notoriety or Most Reputed, then Johson has this locked down...unless the Toontown guy was convicted of all 10 of his alleged murders?
What article did you read? I am not aware of these killing sprees by LA gang members. Do you or anyone on here have a link to an article such as the LA Times or any other news source? Again as far as I am concerned, McGhee haas been charged with more murders than any other LA gang member in history. I searched those two other names and come up with nothing.
^^Here are two net articles on him...I could not find the Times or Sentinel reports (wasn't gonna pay the archive charge anyway

From the Legalminds/Deathpenalty news site.
The leader of a gang believed to have carried out dozens of murders in poor inner city neighborhoods of Los Angeles was sentenced to death Friday, along with one of his lieutenants. Cleamon "Big Evil" Johnson and Michael Allen were convicted in September of the 1991 murders of 2 alleged rivals who were shot in a car outside a carwash in South-Central Los Angeles. "Mr. Johnson is a cold-blooded and cunning murderer," Los Angeles Supeiror Court Judge Charles Horan said before passing the death sentence on the 2 men. Allen, convicted of an earlier murder, was already serving 35 years to life in prison. The judge rejected defense claims that Johnson was convicted by a "lynch mob" of police and federal agents. "He's not a victim of anything except his own evil," said Horan. Although the death sentences stemmed from the Aug. 1991 double slaying Deputy District Attorney Jennifer Snyder said Johnson was a violent gang leader who got away with murder for about a decade. "This is a man who has admitted to committing multiple murders. He's earned every bit of penalty he faces," she said. Names and addresses of witnesses in the case were not released to defense attorneys, said Snyder, who used this case as an example when she testified in Washington and Sacramento on proposed federal legislation to protect witnesses. She said violent crimes in South-Central had dramatically declined since the prosecution of Johnson and Allen.

From Mayhem.net site
December 11, 1997 - Cleamon "Big Evil" Johnson - Los Angeles judge Charles Horan said, the death penalty was the only way to stop Cleamon "Big Evil" Johnson. According to police "Big Evil," 29, together with 25-year-old Michael "Fat Rat" Allen -- who is already serving a 35-to-life sentence for murder -- was reponsible for at least 60 killings. The two South-Central gangbangers were sentenced to death for the cold-blooded murders of two potential witnesses who had planned to testify against members of their gang. Prosecutors said they have had a hard time getting convictions against Johnson and members of his 89 Family Bloods gang because they kill, or threaten to kill, witnesses

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » October 30th, 2004, 11:35 pm

Type his name in the LA times archives, LAPD said he was the most notorious and deadly gang member in LA county history

LA TIMES:

Cleamon "Big Evil" Johnson, described by police detectives and FBI agents as the city's most violent gang member, was sentenced to death Friday, along with co-defendant Michael "Fat Rat" Allen, for the 1991 murders of two men at a South-Central Los Angeles carwash

'Big Evil's' Reign Appears Over for Good; Courts: In double murder, jury urges death for L.A.'s 'most cold-blooded killer,' who police say has slain 12. But neighbors describe him as helpful and nice.; [Home Edition]

Johnson, 29, known as a shot-caller in one of the city's most notorious street gangs, once put out a contract on (Thomas) Mathew, the detective said. LAPD brass were concerned enough to have SWAT officers tag along with the detective

INSIDE STORY; Big Evil's Ride to Death Row; Police Attribute More Than 20 Murders to Cleamon Johnson, a Guy You've Probably Never Heard of. His Victims Were Innocents Trying to Survive or Gang Kids in Over Their Heads.; [Home Edition]

In these days of support groups, Violet Loggins could start a large one for people whose husbands, sons, brothers, daughters or friends were murdered by one man.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 2nd, 2004, 10:40 am

rocstar wrote:Type his name in the LA times archives, LAPD said he was the most notorious and deadly gang member in LA county history

LA TIMES:

Cleamon "Big Evil" Johnson, described by police detectives and FBI agents as the city's most violent gang member, was sentenced to death Friday, along with co-defendant Michael "Fat Rat" Allen, for the 1991 murders of two men at a South-Central Los Angeles carwash

'Big Evil's' Reign Appears Over for Good; Courts: In double murder, jury urges death for L.A.'s 'most cold-blooded killer,' who police say has slain 12. But neighbors describe him as helpful and nice.; [Home Edition]

Johnson, 29, known as a shot-caller in one of the city's most notorious street gangs, once put out a contract on (Thomas) Mathew, the detective said. LAPD brass were concerned enough to have SWAT officers tag along with the detective

INSIDE STORY; Big Evil's Ride to Death Row; Police Attribute More Than 20 Murders to Cleamon Johnson, a Guy You've Probably Never Heard of. His Victims Were Innocents Trying to Survive or Gang Kids in Over Their Heads.; [Home Edition]

In these days of support groups, Violet Loggins could start a large one for people whose husbands, sons, brothers, daughters or friends were murdered by one man.
thanks, i finally found an LA Times Article 7-20-2004 where it talked about how he was convicted of 2 murders back in 1991.

Conman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Conman » November 2nd, 2004, 12:21 pm

LOL........

knoxhustle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by knoxhustle » November 2nd, 2004, 1:32 pm

Mafia, the ultimate gang with the most brutal people.

evileastside
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by evileastside » November 2nd, 2004, 6:21 pm

Um excuse me, but Nasty2 b.k.a Faze is the baddest and that is undisputed loco..

Alons..i mean..sir..Can you argue that?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 4th, 2004, 4:59 am

check out these articles on Big Evil at:

http://streetgangs.com/homicides/bigevil97.html

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 4th, 2004, 5:23 am

so do i win the contest or wut

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » November 4th, 2004, 9:48 pm

so was big evil convicted of all those murders or just 2?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 6th, 2004, 1:51 pm

Grape2ThaBone wrote:so do i win the contest or wut
No you dont win, Ace Capone from VNG was charged with more murders that Big Evil. I think alot of people did not understand the question, but you have to have convictions or at least charges for a crime to be considered, or to have taken place. I realy dont believe that Big Evil committed 30 murders...does anyone on here believe that? I think that they were really trying to stigmatize him so they characterized him that way. I am sure he did several murders but he was not charged with them.

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 6th, 2004, 6:14 pm

i guess i "misunderstood" the question then becuz the question did not ax who wuz charged with the most murders, it said who wuz the most reputed gang member, now i'm assuming thats wut gang member had the baddest reputation regarding the public, and that would be big evil obviously according to the LA TIMES articles.........

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » November 6th, 2004, 10:17 pm

alonso wrote:
No you dont win, Ace Capone from VNG was charged with more murders that Big Evil. I think alot of people did not understand the question, but you have to have convictions or at least charges for a crime to be considered, or to have taken place. I realy dont believe that Big Evil committed 30 murders...does anyone on here believe that? I think that they were really trying to stigmatize him so they characterized him that way. I am sure he did several murders but he was not charged with them.
If the murder rate in and around they hood was 9 times higher than the rest of the city, and his name was ringing like that, I dont know why more than 12 murders over a course of time is unbelievable. I aint never seen an article saying Ace Capone or dude from Toonerville was the worst in the city like it describes Evil, and them familys over there hood been one of the worst for ever, you know they only try you on what they think they can convict you on, and when its a lot they choose the easiest ones and dont even bother with the ones that might give them problems

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 7th, 2004, 7:03 pm

rocstar wrote:
alonso wrote:
If the murder rate in and around they hood was 9 times higher than the rest of the city, and his name was ringing like that, I dont know why more than 12 murders over a course of time is unbelievable. I aint never seen an article saying Ace Capone or dude from Toonerville was the worst in the city like it describes Evil, and them familys over there hood been one of the worst for ever, you know they only try you on what they think they can convict you on, and when its a lot they choose the easiest ones and dont even bother with the ones that might give them problems
i find it very unusual that the guy from Toonerville is not discussed in the same manner, but because of race, him actually being a white guy, it would defy conventional logic that a white person is LA's most viscious criminal, in murders, charges and convictions. Just like the gang shooting that happened at Taft High School in the valley, the media made that a big deal because it happened at an LA school that has a high white enrollment and that shooting got more coverage than fatal shootings that occur in the inner city more often. But I appreciate all the comments on this string. Interesting stuff to say the least.

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » November 7th, 2004, 8:08 pm

Ace Capone didn't commit those Hot Ones.....ask any VNG that was around back them...dude's big mouth got him in trouble....im not sure, but i think his crimey just got his verdit over turned...

The Toonerville dude didn't commit all those Hot Ones, supposedly, allegedly, ordered them......

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » November 9th, 2004, 1:31 pm

Alonso if the question is most reputed violent gang member the answer would be Big Evil. The definition of reputed is: "commonly put forth or accepted as true on inconclusive grounds." http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... ne:reputed

Based on this definition and based on the reports from L.A. Times and other sources Big Evil would be the answer.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 10th, 2004, 12:21 am

Trouble wrote:Alonso if the question is most reputed violent gang member the answer would be Big Evil. The definition of reputed is: "commonly put forth or accepted as true on inconclusive grounds." http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... ne:reputed

Based on this definition and based on the reports from L.A. Times and other sources Big Evil would be the answer.
when it is all said and done, the Toonerville cat will have been charged and convicted of more crimes than any other LA guy. Whether he is realy responsible for what he is going to prison for is another topic, but thanks for your opinion on the matter Trouble.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » November 10th, 2004, 3:34 am

LOL.

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 11th, 2004, 4:28 am

this some BS loc, i want my prize
i won , look at the definition of reputed trouble posted , how u gon go against yo own question u ax'd???? why cant u just admit u wrong homie? its nothin....

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 11th, 2004, 12:47 pm

Grape2ThaBone wrote:this some BS loc, i want my prize
i won , look at the definition of reputed trouble posted , how u gon go against yo own question u ax'd???? why cant u just admit u wrong homie? its nothin....
OK, lets make this very simple. I ask you how many murders was Big Evil charged with and how many was he convicted for? Very simple question. Depending on the answer of this question will determin if Big Evil is and was realy the most reputed gang member. Again, I dont care if a journalist believes or even if the police believe that someone did more crime. The botttom line....what are the charges because ultimatley that's all that matters.

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 11th, 2004, 4:23 pm

no see, ure QUESTION wuz not about charges, it said REPUTED now look that up in the dictionary, why r u changing the question around, if wut ure saying is true, u should of ax'd "wut gang member wuz charged with the most murders" those r two Very different questions.......its cool i'm done with it, but u should atleast admit that...

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » November 13th, 2004, 5:28 pm

that is true u said reputed not convicted

Young_DoLLa_33
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Young_DoLLa_33 » November 14th, 2004, 2:22 am

didn't know this

Paper Chaser
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Paper Chaser » February 25th, 2005, 2:00 pm

I guess you are looking for the stupidest gang member because anybody that has skills isn't gonna be known for how many charges he has.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 25th, 2005, 9:38 pm

Loyalheart wrote:I know toonervill is a hispanic gang but is McGhee white, cause he looks it in the pic

NO SURRENDER
McGee is an Irish last name, so he may be white. He does look white. Doesnt realy look Irish though.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 25th, 2005, 9:43 pm

Damn.... That motherf*cker is crazzzzzyyy!!!!!!!!

Killed a kid cause he used the same nickname, killed a chick cause of the type of car she was driving!? holy sh*t!

Dr. Wagner, Jr.

Unread post by Dr. Wagner, Jr. » March 26th, 2005, 4:11 pm

"President Vicente Fox of Mexico?" "Gee, 'Fox,' that doesn't sound 'Mexican...' He looks 'white!' Is he Mexican?"
Get real, people. Your last name doesn't make you Mexican or not Mexican. I mean, is Karl Malone Irish? (maybe...) Lot's of light-skinned Mexicans even in L.A. McGhee has a Mexican flag tatooed on the back of his head, so he's most likely Raza. I knew some guys from TVR back in the day, family from Central America, blond haired and green eyed with German last name, stone cold cholos. The guy McGhee shot for having the same nickname was called "huero" which is used to refer to blond or light-haired people. The woman who was shot for "driving a particular model of car" was supposedly driving an SUV that looked like the ride of a TVR rival, so it isn't quite accurate that she was killed for her choice of car. Even if half the stuff is true, LA's better off with this guy off the street, regardless of his "color" or ethnicity.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 26th, 2005, 10:18 pm

^ Hes Irish.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » March 26th, 2005, 10:19 pm

The mexican president.