Corrections Officer

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
looneytunes1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Corrections Officer

Unread post by looneytunes1 » September 29th, 2006, 12:27 pm

I got a homeboy whos been thinking about becoming a Corrections Officer. How dangerous do you think it really is. Keep in mind im from Central Florida and I think hes gonna be at a Minimum Security Prison. Does anyone have any stories or suggestions for it or against it?

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 29th, 2006, 1:09 pm

The pay is good from what I understand. As long as he plays it straight and isnt a dirty CO he should be ok. Not the profession I would choose....but whatever.

ConiQue

Unread post by ConiQue » November 2nd, 2006, 1:02 pm

I have a friend in the field and I was told its a good job and the pay is great. Well, in Arizona...

MidCal

Unread post by MidCal » November 15th, 2006, 10:13 pm

i live about 3 miles from a prison! alot of people in my city are CO's! the prison is a level 4 prison, 5 is the highest! it has many lifers as well as gang bangers, murderers, rapists, etc.! i've heard some stories from very reliable sources (nieghboors, friends, and family that are CO's) that it can get pretty bad! they throw there feces and urine at the CO's through the cells, and think about the fact that alot of prisoners have HIV and AIDS so if it gets it your eyes you cant get infected too! not to mention riots and gang violence there are in prisons! a CO gets assaulted every month in the prison here! but i heard that usually if you respect the prisoners then they'll respect u back!
oh and since ur friends will probably work in a minimum security prison then im sure he'll be ok! it isnt as bad there!

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 15th, 2006, 10:16 pm

New York State is looking for NYPD, State Troopers and CO's like fuckin crazy right now, they're even going out of state to hire because of the baby bommer generation a LOT of them are retiring and they cant get new recruits fast enough

IWB Woody

Unread post by IWB Woody » November 27th, 2006, 1:39 pm

theres nothing worse that being a C.O. scum of the earth...for life this guy will have to watch his back, no one respects C.O.s..

one day when hes out with his family shopping for things for their house, he will come face to face with a con and will get hurt.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 27th, 2006, 2:42 pm

IWB Woody wrote:theres nothing worse that being a C.O. scum of the earth...for life this guy will have to watch his back, no one respects C.O.s..

one day when hes out with his family shopping for things for their house, he will come face to face with a con and will get hurt.

This is a little off topic.....

I came face to face with one of the cops that had busted me several years after and I scared the shit out of him. Walked right up to him and said his name. He was like "how do I know you?" I said "you busted me in 89 on Broadway". The look on his face was priceless. :twisted:

IWB Woody

Unread post by IWB Woody » November 27th, 2006, 3:20 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
IWB Woody wrote:theres nothing worse that being a C.O. scum of the earth...for life this guy will have to watch his back, no one respects C.O.s..

I came face to face with one of the cops that had busted me several years after and I scared the shit out of him. Walked right up to him and said his name. He was like "how do I know you?" I said "you busted me in 89 on Broadway". The look on his face was priceless. :twisted:

Thats why i say for his friend not to be a CO, thats why its dangerous, anyone remember clockwork orange? he should work in juvi at least try to help the kids.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 27th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Most of the corrections officer I hear stories about are grave yard ass dead... And they died by some hand made prison device, like a wrench or a blade made out of a tooth paste bottle. Shanked that nigga in the eyeball.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 27th, 2006, 4:06 pm

IWB Woody wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:

Thats why i say for his friend not to be a CO, thats why its dangerous, anyone remember clockwork orange? he should work in juvi at least try to help the kids.

Hell though....the stories I hear coming outta CYA aint much better than the big boys prisons. Actually the little fuckers are even more violent.

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » December 5th, 2006, 5:31 pm

My homie makes mad loot doing that work for the m bringing the homeboys good work

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 7th, 2006, 2:57 am

nah tell that nigga not to do it, he finna get stabbed in his eyeball. Nigga in the paper was talkin about a inmate had a ball of shit, nut, piss, vomit, spit, everything that can come out of a human body, and they let that shit body rot, then throw it on the guard, nigga said he would have rather been stabbed or shot, that's how bad the stench was nah nigga fuck that.

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 7th, 2006, 3:27 am

I came face to face with one of the cops that had busted me several years after and I scared the shit out of him. Walked right up to him and said his name. He was like "how do I know you?" I said "you busted me in 89 on Broadway". The look on his face was priceless. Twisted Evil
LMFAO :lol:

ChrisF202
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ChrisF202 » December 8th, 2006, 12:25 pm

All the COs do is bitch and moan about how the deputies get take home cars, guns, police officer status, etc yet they dont seem to realize that all they do is walk around jail all day were as the deputies (while they dont handle 911 calls) still are at least driving around en route to serve civil papers and evict people and do make quite a few arrests for criminal actions in addition to their very limited patrol function in rural eastern Suffolk County.

I mean its common sense that they should get all the K9 dogs, federal funding, special units like SWAT, K9, Marine, Aviation, Traffic etc as they are involved in police work and what the hell do they need a correction officer K9 team, correction officer detectives or a corrections SWAT team for? The Suffolk County Correction Officers Association is in dire need of common sense.

BTW: this is only applies to the correction officers employed by the Suffolk County (NY) Sheriff's Office I dont know jack about the state or federal COs.

cstyle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cstyle » December 8th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Being a CO is crazy. its like being a banger out on the streets. u always got to watch ur back and make sure u got ur boys with u watching your back. I remember one time doing time at CSP these niggas were fucking this one guy up and his bitch ass was yelling like a little bitch without any shame and this CO officer came in the hall way like a big man by himself with his fuckin stick like thatll stop a bunch of niggas who aint ever gonna get out anyway in there life time. and they beat the fuck out of him and one of the niggas literally held that nigga by his balls for not less then atleast 5 minutes and he only let go after the other guards came in and whopped his ass with belts and sticks. didnt see that CO for 2 years after his beat down. and thats just one of the crazy stories i got from prison.

C-Style
Harlem Rollin 30s - 37s
West Side LA Crip

Shox112
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Shox112 » December 8th, 2006, 11:41 pm

ay loc, the 30's NHC or trays?

cstyle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by cstyle » December 13th, 2006, 9:14 pm

Shox112 wrote:ay loc, the 30's NHC or trays?
We dont rep it but we side mostly with NHC.

C-Style
Harlem Rollin 30s - 37s
West Side LA Crip

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » December 17th, 2006, 11:01 pm

:shock:...... Not necessarily..my bro is locked up,,and some CO's get alot of respect..it's all in how u treat people,,without being dirty. Being fair and treating people like human beings goes a long way. Some are punks though.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » December 17th, 2006, 11:05 pm

I heard a faint rumor that that Hispanic C.O. who got dealt with at Chino within the last year had some "dirty" issues,,and for some disrespecting,, was targeted by homeboy from ECC.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » December 17th, 2006, 11:06 pm

Once u sell your soul,,your in trouble.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » December 17th, 2006, 11:18 pm

stamps wrote:I heard a faint rumor that that Hispanic C.O. who got dealt with at Chino within the last year had some "dirty" issues,,and for some disrespecting,, was targeted by homeboy from ECC.
I heard that too

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 18th, 2006, 4:02 am

whoever the creator of this thread is, tell that nigga not to do that shit, he fina get his throat slit.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 18th, 2006, 4:02 am

like that one nigga

shaun_zach
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by shaun_zach » March 28th, 2007, 11:11 am

It's like other people said. If u give respect and not treat the inmates like animals and be disrespectful u r pretty much ok. The only thing is if a riot breaks out u have to be prepared for whatever. I worked at a prison in Tx and though I had to deal with a lot of inmates that were crazy and off the chain, all of them are not like that and as long as you respect them things run smoothly. It's a living, the pay is descent and so are the benefits. I've seen a lot of shit, I saw an officer get dealt with for being disrespectful and I also saw inmates stop other inmates from jumping on an officer as well. Everybody has a code that they follow, for officers u have to know both codes in order to survive.

kushsmoke
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kushsmoke » April 1st, 2007, 5:19 pm

BlaKK wrote:nah tell that nigga not to do it, he finna get stabbed in his eyeball. Nigga in the paper was talkin about a inmate had a ball of shit, nut, piss, vomit, spit, everything that can come out of a human body, and they let that shit body rot, then throw it on the guard, nigga said he would have rather been stabbed or shot, that's how bad the stench was nah nigga fu-- that.
WARNING

THIS IS A QUICK WAY TO CATCH A BEATDOWN

S&B4ever

Unread post by S&B4ever » May 20th, 2007, 8:26 pm

[font=Arial Black] [/font] Check out the following books on the co's:

Newjack (author went undercover as a co in the NY doc)

The Hate Factory- about the 1980 riot at the Santa Fe Correctional Facility in New Mexico

The Devil's Butcher Shop- same topic. Horrific and medieval shit

Zeeboe
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by Zeeboe » October 29th, 2007, 7:57 am

After reading some of the comments the posters here have made about police officers and C.O.'s...it's no wonder some of those guys are so rough. They have to be. Hell, the piece of shit criminals or the common people clearly have no respect for the law, so why should they respect them?

I work with punk kids and truth be told, cops and C. O.'s are my new heroes. They have to deal with trash every day for hours and hours and for years. How they are not corrupt surprises me. It's no wonder some cops are pricks. They probably get talked to like shit everyday and they can't do anything about it, and when they do, they are the bad guys. I myself have become a more moody person myself since working with J.D. low-lives and my racist black co-worker. Lucky for me, I won't be working with the trash for much longer. New job on Halloween. Day before my birthday too. Exactly what I wanted. Go me.

Now while most people get nervous around cops, I actually feel safer and better knowing that they are there and I appreciate what they do. I respect them and am grateful for what the do. I respect prison guards as well for actually being around those dirtbags all day.

If the fucking gang members just had some respect and thought about others, they wouldn't have the cops or guards up in their business.

Infact, some of you "gangstas" need to watch this video...

How not to get your ass kicked by the police

In regards of kids, they need to bring back spankings in school. Spanking was a normal form of discipline for thousands of years and people turned out just fine. They take away spankings and look how kids are these days. No respect.

Same with the criminals. In the old days when they had cruel and unusual punishments, there was rarely any crime. Now it happens all the time. Screw the criminals rights. They don't care about anyone else's rights or the law, so why should we care for them? Eye for eye I say.

If it was up to me, all criminals would just be tortured slowly and then killed. So that way the decent people can live their life without having to deal with any fear. But criminals don't know how to do that. They just love to create havoc. If those idiots were gone, life would be so much better.

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » October 29th, 2007, 12:57 pm

^^ Your ignorant. You have not looked at both sides of the coin. Dont talk out your ass when you dont really understand the situation you fu cking blowjob!

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 29th, 2007, 6:32 pm

K, Zeeboe, you fuken blowjob!!! That's a Pho Phuc Lai!!

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 29th, 2007, 8:24 pm

fu*k co's...thats how everybody feel when they behind gray walls in a dirty ass cell with hard ass beds n shitty food...u must b stupid or desperate if u want the co job...them niggaz is filthy, corrupt n opportunistic...u got gay, racist co's that jus make a man stay way harder n try they best 2 thro extra charges on ur sheets..this is basically wut a co is in the mind of an inmate...they strait filthy pigs, n if inmates aint got nutn 2 lose, chances r they smashin that pointed tooth brush 2 ur cranium...

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » October 29th, 2007, 8:29 pm

n zeeboe, ur probably a fat white guy with no sex life that lays on his couch all day watchin "the o'reilly factor"...lets b real... :roll:

Zeeboe
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by Zeeboe » October 30th, 2007, 11:32 am

....................Okay, basically I didn't understand one word you guys typed. But it sounds like you're angry. Which prove my point. Idiots like you don't know how to have a civil debate. You use violence and threats to solve everything cause you're filthy dirty animals with no brains.

You wonder why the KKK, the Aryan Brotherhood, cops and prison guards hate your guts and wanna kill you all...cause you're scum, you show no mercy towards everyone, you have no compassion for everyone, you wanna take, take, take and kill, kill, kill....and this country does nothing to rid the world of your kind.

You say stuff like "Fuck the police!" Well, I say "Fuck the criminals!".

In the mid-evil days, they'd know what to do with you. That'd make a great horror movie...a serial killer/vigilante who goes around torturing and killing criminals the old-school way. :twisted: