The world - view of U.S. prisons / jails

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
Ewwe

The world - view of U.S. prisons / jails

Unread post by Ewwe » November 29th, 2006, 12:56 am

I came across this site by accident.. 'Literally' - from mis-spelling a url!
.. Question is, why is this lie perpertrated, and who is benefiting from such a lie?

- A "research study" in 2000 published by the Scottish Executive from the 'National Drug Court Institute's (NDCI's) Research Dissemination Committee'.

(click this link)
Los Angels County, California

The in-custody drug treatment and drug abuse resistance education programmes in the Los Angeles County Jail provide a programme bridge to the 11 adult drug courts currently in operation.

A drug court module for men is set aside at the Century Regional Detention Facility, completely with space for meetings, acupuncture, and counselling. This module is isolated from the general population of the jail. A similar, separate facility for women inmates exists in a different facility. A private, licensed drug treatment provider operates the in-custody drug treatment programme.

The most recently implemented drug court in Los Angeles County is the Sentenced Offender Drug Court. It requires completion of a mandatory 90 –day, jail based treatment programme phase (Impact Programme), in addition to any previous period of incarceration served as a condition of the initial grant of probation. The target population for this programmes includes probationers with severe drug addiction and repeated criminal justice system involvement. The purpose of the in-custody component is to accommodate incarcerate sentences as well as to provide the first three months of treatment in a secure environment. Unique to this in-custody programme is that transitional housing is made available to appropriate participants who do not have safe and sober living accommodations in the community.

A preliminary cost benefits analysis of the programme showed to the savings to the country through utilisation of the in-custody treatment programme.
[/u]

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » November 29th, 2006, 1:24 am

Actually I took part in this program. I was being housed at Biscaluiz mens facility. They had one barrack set aside for women. It was a very good program but it did not last long due to funding.

Ewwe

Unread post by Ewwe » November 29th, 2006, 4:10 am

You mean to tell 'me'..

They offered 'accupuncture', 'massage'..!?

Tell me the truth! - Probably a "Program" for leo!

BxxMILITIA
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BxxMILITIA » November 30th, 2006, 8:58 pm

They offered 'accupuncture', 'massage'..!?
accupuncture massages at prisons??? wut the fuck r these people thinkin'....fuck an accupuncture massage, sound more like a AIDS massage...ill pass....