Italian Mafia guys in prison

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
Zeeboe
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Italian Mafia guys in prison

Unread post by Zeeboe » April 20th, 2008, 9:41 am

I was wondering if anyone knows if any wiseguys are locked up, and are they consider a threat to the other gangs? It seems like most of them are old timers and depend on the protection of other gangs to keep them safe. As a whole force, they don't seem to have any power anymore. But does anyone have any current info on where they stand in today's prison system?

Old_man07
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Old_man07 » April 23rd, 2008, 8:28 pm

I think they're a mere shadow of their former selves, nothing like before when they controlled politicians and judges. They're still around though. I've read of John Gotti making deals with the Aryan Brotherhood for protection in exchange for letting them in on the profits from some of their operations. Most likely wiseguys need to pay other gangs for protection, so few in numbers.

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 24th, 2008, 12:36 pm

Old_man07 wrote:I think they're a mere shadow of their former selves, nothing like before when they controlled politicians and judges. They're still around though. I've read of John Gotti making deals with the Aryan Brotherhood for protection in exchange for letting them in on the profits from some of their operations. Most likely wiseguys need to pay other gangs for protection, so few in numbers.
I'm pretty sure he made that deal with AB because a black guy beat the shit out of him...

Zeeboe
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by Zeeboe » April 24th, 2008, 3:48 pm

I think Gotti was already doing business with them.

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » April 24th, 2008, 4:51 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
Old_man07 wrote:I think they're a mere shadow of their former selves, nothing like before when they controlled politicians and judges. They're still around though. I've read of John Gotti making deals with the Aryan Brotherhood for protection in exchange for letting them in on the profits from some of their operations. Most likely wiseguys need to pay other gangs for protection, so few in numbers.
I'm pretty sure he made that deal with AB because a black guy beat the shit out of him...
Really? When did that happen?

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 24th, 2008, 4:58 pm

flame_guards_member1 wrote:
Azure9920 wrote:
Back in '96

http://ganglandnews.com/fight.htm

And here's the reference to him making the tie to AB due to the altercation with the black guy..

http://www.rickross.com/reference/aryan ... hood5.html

flame_guards_member1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by flame_guards_member1 » April 24th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
Azure9920 wrote:
Back in '96

And here's the reference to him making the tie to AB due to the altercation with the black guy..

Wow. Interesting stuff...

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Azure9920 » April 24th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
Azure9920 wrote:
Back in '96

Wow. Interesting stuff...
Yeah, it really is. I could find more articles if you wanted.

AnthonyJ33

Unread post by AnthonyJ33 » April 28th, 2008, 2:17 pm

I don't think the Italian Mafia(Cosa Nostra) holds much sway in the federal prison system anymore. I mean, there are so many other ethnic criminal groups spreading, that the Italian Mafia is basically just a small part in the overall picture.

When John Gotti spent a few years locked up in Lewisburg Federal Prison, the Italian Mafia was the majority there that practically ran the prison. Gotti never had to worry about being assaulted like he was in Marion two decades later. But the changing demographics, the emergence of other ethnic criminal groups, and the tremendous success that law enforcement has had with dismantling and weakening many Mafia families has greatly reduced their strength and clout throughout the prison industry and the outside as well.

hukanzo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re:

Unread post by hukanzo » August 12th, 2008, 5:55 pm

AnthonyJ33 wrote:I don't think the Italian Mafia(Cosa Nostra) holds much sway in the federal prison system anymore. I mean, there are so many other ethnic criminal groups spreading, that the Italian Mafia is basically just a small part in the overall picture.

When John Gotti spent a few years locked up in Lewisburg Federal Prison, the Italian Mafia was the majority there that practically ran the prison. Gotti never had to worry about being assaulted like he was in Marion two decades later. But the changing demographics, the emergence of other ethnic criminal groups, and the tremendous success that law enforcement has had with dismantling and weakening many Mafia families has greatly reduced their strength and clout throughout the prison industry and the outside as well.
Interesting.

hukanzo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re:

AnthonyJ33 wrote:I don't think the Italian Mafia(Cosa Nostra) holds much sway in the federal prison system anymore. I mean, there are so many other ethnic criminal groups spreading, that the Italian Mafia is basically just a small part in the overall picture.

Interesting.

hukanzo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re:

Interesting.

1forDiDi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Philly Suburbs

Re: Italian Mafia guys in prison

Unread post by 1forDiDi » August 15th, 2008, 6:34 am

their not so much minority in places like MCC in NYC, but real prisons they can be forced to join uop with other white gangs during their time spent.

I know joe merlino is in marion right now, and the rumor was he gave a good amount of money to the mexican gang in their, pretty sure la ema but yuou guys would know better than me, for protection.

The gotti thing is old news, but word just came out in some tv thing that the AB just took gottis money but had actually hired the guy to hastle gotti in the first place.ya know, the old protection con. Could be BS to look cool for cameras.

Richboy17
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy17 » September 7th, 2008, 2:15 pm

Anybody can get knocked in prison, kingpins, mob bosses, killers, or whoever. If a mobster goes to prison in the midwest or westcoast he might need protection and pay other gangs, but if he goes and spends time in the East coast he is fine. Either way the mob does not need to have power in the prison system because there main thing is to not go into the prison system unlike stupid gangbangers that think that the shit is cool to be in bin.

razbojnik
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Belize Nicaragua

Unread post by razbojnik » September 14th, 2008, 9:57 am

Richboy17 wrote:Anybody can get knocked in prison, kingpins, mob bosses, killers, or whoever. If a mobster goes to prison in the midwest or westcoast he might need protection and pay other gangs, but if he goes and spends time in the East coast he is fine. Either way the mob does not need to have power in the prison system because there main thing is to not go into the prison system unlike stupid gangbangers that think that the shit is cool to be in bin.
I second that...