Top 10 Most Famous Aryan Brotherhood Members

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Top 10 Most Famous Aryan Brotherhood Members

Unread post by bumperjack » July 26th, 2014, 7:29 am

1.Jack Red Mahone
2.Wayne Bulldog Ladd
3.Robert Blinky Griffin
4.Wendell Blue Norris
5.Barry the Baron Mills
6.TD the Hulk Bingham
7.Michael Tank Shepherd
8.Michael Big Mac McElhiney
9.Richard Bart Simpson Terflinger
10.Irish Murphy

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Top 10 Most Famous Aryan Brotherhood Members

Unread post by rocstar » July 29th, 2014, 3:55 am

Thomas Silverstein

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » July 29th, 2014, 6:58 am

Yes he is also a famous AB there are really about 20 in my eyes 126/612

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » July 29th, 2014, 5:03 pm

I read somewhere that the AB, while representing only 1% of the prison population, at some point were responsible for 18% of the prison murders.
Is that true? That would mean they were exceptionally violent, even for californian prisons.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » July 29th, 2014, 6:06 pm

The Most at one point and time,very true

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » October 8th, 2015, 7:47 pm

Did Hugo Pinell kill an AB member during the 1970s?

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » October 9th, 2015, 6:50 am

@ALONSO,Hugo personally did not kill any AB members,but alot of deaths occurred in Riots In the brutal years (1970's) were both BGF members were killed as long as AB members that were killed.He was marked for his involvement in the 1970's I believe...They threw a bomb in His cell (The Aryan Brotherhood) there were attempts on His life by even the "BGF" "He was in the hat" Marked for death! And he met His fate when two white inmates killed him on "8/12/2015"

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » October 9th, 2015, 7:53 am

Fred Mendrin also and Don Hale the two Aryan Brotherhood members who killed the leader of the Nuesta Familia in Palm Hall in Chino State Prison in 1972 "Fred Castillo" was the leader of the NF. That killing Solidified the relationship Between the Aryan Brotherhood &The Mexican Mafia.Fred is a personal Brother of mine in Christ even though we are both former AB's...we both serve our Heavenly Father now! Fred is now the associate Chaplin of the Fresno County Jail and the Field Director in Central California of Prison Fellowship! he goes into all them prisons down there in that area! Avenal,Chowchilla,Corcoran prisons.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » December 17th, 2015, 2:35 pm

bumperjack wrote:@ALONSO,Hugo personally did not kill any AB members,but alot of deaths occurred in Riots In the brutal years (1970's) were both BGF members were killed as long as AB members that were killed.He was marked for his involvement in the 1970's I believe...They threw a bomb in His cell (The Aryan Brotherhood) there were attempts on His life by even the "BGF" "He was in the hat" Marked for death! And he met His fate when two white inmates killed him on "8/12/2015"
The man was in his 70s, it was 30 years later and the AB was still thinking about this irrelevant guy? crazy.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » December 21st, 2015, 5:49 pm

Yes He was in his 70's that lifestyle is crazy.I thank God for setting my heart mind body and soul in the narrow path that leads to life. I lived that lifestyle from the age of 24 when I first became a member of the Aryan Brotherhood and exited in 2011 after comming home from doing 10 flat from Nevada prisons. I thank God for protecting me all them years being shot mutiple times and being stabbed mutiple timrs beating two life sentences. Its amazing what God can do. If you just submit and surrender to a set free life. Now A Published Author & Evangelist in the Youth Detention Facility in Juvenile Hall in The Capitol of California I mentor and Minister to these young thugs in Gangs and preach how much of a lie there living. And its a career choice to choose a lost life. Wide and broad is the road that leads to destruction but narrow is the path that leads to life. That is my core message to these kids in Gangs. To understand the truth and the lie's about gangbanging after 38 years in Gangs. 12 in Street Gangs & 26 years in the Aryan Brotherhood and 23 as a Shotcaller of the Brotherhood I believe I'm bringing them a message they need to hear. Fiction or Non-Fiction if you can't tell the difference your fate can come at any given time like Hugo "Yogi Bear" Pinnell after 50 years incarcerated he met his demise at the hands of his advesary's the "Aryan Brotherhood" one of the most dangerous prison gangs in the world!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » December 21st, 2015, 7:11 pm

Alonso, The last dozen years or so in CDCR they have grew I agree! "The PC Population" there is over 23 drop out gangs and they are in 32 of the 33 prisons in California on SNY, but only 30,000 drop outs...the biggest drop out Gang is the pesetas the Spanish word for Centavos: meaning a Quarter in Mexican currency: Also Known as "Dos Cincos" "25" they were formed close to 20 years ago and number 1,500 members! The biggest SNY Gang in California's Prisons.They formed to form a alliance against the "Mexican Mafia" truth be told in birch hall in Chino prison. The Number two SNY Gang is the Northern Rider's they number around 800...( 3.) 187 Ride or Die (4.) Against the grain (5.) Bad News Banditos (6.)Brothers By Choice (7.)Cut Throat Family (8.)Down South (9.)Drop Out Squad (10.)FTS(11.)Full 60 (12.)Gay Boy Gangsters (13.)Independent Riders(14.)Little Unity (15.)Mexican Outfit (16.)Nueva Flora (New Flower)(17.)Player Club (18.)Presidents (19.)Red Hand Mafia (20.)Skins 4 Life(21.)Sucka Free (22.) $ Gang...About 6,000 in SHU's and ASU's but on a small percent in Solitary Confinement are Classified "Protective Custody" PC The Population in CDCR is 130,000 male inmates 136,000 including female prisoners in California! I've done my homework! I have to practice what I preach and it is about Gangs My friend! No pun intended to dehumanize your statistics! but this is proof in the Numbers! The General Population is pushing 100,000 inmates to PC Population is 30,000 on SNY!

HighwayA4
If in the United States: Utah
What city do you live in now?: Sofia

Unread post by HighwayA4 » December 22nd, 2015, 8:08 am

John Stinson aka Youngster?

Made a name for himself in the late 70s, was part of some high profile trials, big involvement with the NLR, and had a spot on the California AB Commission at one point

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » December 28th, 2015, 10:25 pm

Yes Highway A4 John Youngster Stinson had a high impact with the NLR and had a spot on the 3 man commission as you said along with Robert Blinky Griffin who has been in the SHU for along time another famous AB...

LeroyJonesy
If in the United States: New York
What city do you live in now?: NY

Unread post by LeroyJonesy » January 1st, 2016, 10:10 am

I was just reading a book called, 'Red Zone', and it mentions in detail an AB member Paul Cornfed Schneider. He was probably best known for being called as a witness to another member,Todd Ashker's, murder trial. Well the plan was to have Schneider stab up his own lawyer in hopes of causing a mistrial. Schneider secreted a 9 inch shank up his ass and when he and his lawyer went outside the courtroom to go over his testimony, he stabbed the poor guy several times. The lawyer recovered and the judge refuse to grant a mistrial, eventually convicting Ashker of 2nd degree murder and sentenced to life.

Now 'Cornfed' is up on trial for the stabbing of his lawyer and has Ashker called as a witness. Then Cornfed admitted to plead guilty in exchange for 2 large pepperoni pizzas and 2 liters of Pepsi for him and Ashker. (reminded me of the Shawshank Redemption scene where the inmates agree to do a job for the COs and only wanted a bucket of cold ones for Andy Dufrene and his boys).

Anyway, since I saw a recent AB thread while reading the book at the same time, I thought the story fit. Also, to Bumberjack and others with real experience and not just reading some book like myself, have you heard or known either of these 2? Any questions that can't be answered, I understand.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » January 9th, 2016, 3:13 pm

Yes Leroy Joneys...I know them both...Paul Corned Schneider is no longer a active AB he is a drop-out for various reasons. I'm a 26 year Ex- member and Leader of the Aryan Brotherhood myself. Todd is in Pelican Bay. Paul Cornfed Schneider is originally from San Francisco California. Todd Ashker is in the Pelican Bay SHU and was a leader in there Hunger strikes back in 2011 & 2013 Which won alot of the Affilated Gang Members from the various Prison Gangs which there is six in California, there freedom from Solitary Confinement also know as indeterminate Security Housing Unit programs.

currygoat
What city do you live in now?: Oakland

Unread post by currygoat » January 16th, 2017, 1:29 pm

Top 20 AB consisting of early influential and infamous members (with photos).

1. Jack “Red” Mahone Founder, deceased

2. Robert “Blinky” Griffin early influential member, former State Commissioner

3. George Harp early influential member, 1st Federal member, dropped out

Sitting L-R: Joe Morgan (Eme), George Harp

4. Wendell “Blue” Norris early influential member, dropped out, deceased

5. Wayne “Bulldog” Ladd deceased

L-R: Wayne Odom, Richard Andreasen, Wanye Ladd, Bobby Brimage

6. Barry “Baron” Mills Current Federal Commissioner

L-R: Unknown, Barry Mills, Tyler Bingham

7. Tyler “T.D.” Bingham Current Federal Commissioner

L-R: "Dirty Red", Tyler Bingham, Richard Andreasen

8. Michael Thompson former State Commissioner, dropped out

L-R: Michael Thompson, Casper Crowell, John Greschner, Unknown

9. Rick “Bart Simpson” Terflinger former State Commissioner

L-R: Unknown, Clifford Smith, Robert Griffen, Michael Thompson, Rick Terflinger

10. Bobby Brimage status unknown

L-R: Wayne Ladd, Bobby Brimage, Wayne Odom

11. Wayne Odom status unknown

L-R: Wayne Odom, Bobby Brimage

12. William “One Nut Buzzard" Harris status unknown

13. Fred “Snake Eyes” Mendrin status unknown

14. John “Youngster” Stinson Current State Commissioner

15. John Greschner former Federal Commissioner, dropped out

16. Tommmy “Terrible Tom” Silverstein status unknown

17. Michael “Big Mac” McElhiney current Federal Commissioner

18. Paul “Cornfed” Schneider dropped out

19. Todd Ashker status unknown

20. Clay Fountain dropped out, deceased

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » January 16th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Currygoat, You did well, the Co-founder of the Aryan Brotherhood was Wayne "Bulldog" Ladd my homeboy! And the oldest first wave AB members. He died in 2005...I last seen him in 2001 at his mobile Home in Pittsburg California.Wendel "Blue" Norris was stabbed 7 times in the gymnasium in Calpatria state prison in 2004, I believe. Jack "Red" Mahone was the Aryan Brotherhood Founder! Alot of people don't know that because he defected or dropped out before he passed away.So not to many spread His name around because of how he went out.Todd Ashker is in the step down program in Pelican Bay. Terrible Tom Silverstone has been the longest held inmate in isolationin the Feds because He killed Cadillac the leader of the DC Blacks and a Federal Correctional officer last by Putts.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » January 16th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Tom Silverstein my bad

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » January 16th, 2017, 2:25 pm

FB_IMG_1479334453314.jpg
My book I wrote in 2014
FB_IMG_1479334453314.jpg (231.61 KiB) Viewed 18938 times

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » January 16th, 2017, 2:40 pm

Photo of Fred "Snake Eyes" Mendrin on my Harley Davidson 2009 Heritage Softail in Sacramento California.
We spent a few days together in 2015
Attachments
20150416_184409.jpg
20150416_184409.jpg (544.98 KiB) Viewed 18936 times

numbersrunner
If in the United States: Mississippi
What city do you live in now?: columbus

Unread post by numbersrunner » May 7th, 2017, 8:26 am

bumperjack wrote:@ALONSO,Hugo personally did not kill any AB members,but alot of deaths occurred in Riots In the brutal years (1970's) were both BGF members were killed as long as AB members that were killed.He was marked for his involvement in the 1970's I believe...They threw a bomb in His cell (The Aryan Brotherhood) there were attempts on His life by even the "BGF" "He was in the hat" Marked for death! And he met His fate when two white inmates killed him on "8/12/2015"
Yogi did kill an AB member as well as Eme members. The reasoning behind Yogi's death is deep in prison politics. The BGF per se didn't attempt to kill him what happened during those early years when the BGF was splintering into factions some individuals tried to get a Yogi and failed miserably. There is a good article about Yogi's death that appeared in " California Prison Focus, No. 49 Summer 2016" written by Louis Powell an inmate in the CDC who spent over 25 years in the SHU. Most on this forum have the history incorrect as it is a long and layered history.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » May 9th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Yes, Numbersrunner the History is layered...for sure: but I'd like to see some proof to your claim? What member of the Brand and what member of the eme did he kill? From my knowledge there were attempts on both ends, but the only death I can confirm is his own in Folsom recently. The 1960's and 1970's especially had alot of wars between the four Major prison gangs...but there isn't any note able deaths at his hands of either gang that I'm familiar with? Enlighten me numbersrunner?

oso1
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oso1 » May 9th, 2017, 5:15 pm

2. Robert “Blinky” Griffin early influential member, former State Commissioner

I believe he passed late last year to cancer. He was my friends uncle.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » May 10th, 2017, 12:11 am

Yes he did pass he was locked up along time.

numbersrunner

Unread post by numbersrunner » May 22nd, 2017, 6:04 pm

bumperjack wrote:Yes, Numbersrunner the History is layered...for sure: but I'd like to see some proof to your claim? What member of the Brand and what member of the eme did he kill? From my knowledge there were attempts on both ends, but the only death I can confirm is his own in Folsom recently. The 1960's and 1970's especially had alot of wars between the four Major prison gangs...but there isn't any note able deaths at his hands of either gang that I'm familiar with? Enlighten me numbersrunner?

Bumperjack I stand corrected it wasn't an AB member it was two Eme members that were killed in an attack led by Yogi. He received 9 years to life for the killings. I was confusing 2 or 3 different stories together. I will post the name and date of the event I am referring to. Just give me a day or two

numbersrunner

Unread post by numbersrunner » May 22nd, 2017, 6:53 pm

numbersrunner wrote:
bumperjack wrote:Yes, Numbersrunner the History is layered...for sure: but I'd like to see some proof to your claim? What member of the Brand and what member of the eme did he kill? From my knowledge there were attempts on both ends, but the only death I can confirm is his own in Folsom recently. The 1960's and 1970's especially had alot of wars between the four Major prison gangs...but there isn't any note able deaths at his hands of either gang that I'm familiar with? Enlighten me numbersrunner?

Bumperjack I stand corrected it wasn't an AB member it was two Eme members that were killed in an attack led by Yogi. He received 9 years to life for the killings. I was confusing 2 or 3 different stories together. I will post the name and date of the event I am referring to. Just give me a day or two
1969 in Folsom prison Yogi lead an attack in retaliation for the killing of Dopey Dan who was killed in early 1968 in Soledad. The two Mexicans who were killed were one named "Baby" and "Mono" ( don't have real names they are believed to be Eme members or associates I don't have any validation) Yogi went to court for this Jan 13, 1970 received 9 years to life for the killings.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » May 23rd, 2017, 9:11 pm

Numbersrunner, Yogi was involved with many attacks on Correctional Officers, he also killed a Correctional Officers in Soledad in 1971 he was involved in a melee were 6 people lost there lives. He never killed personally any members of either gang. 1968 he attack a Correctional Officer.

razorman55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Garden Grove

Unread post by razorman55 » June 22nd, 2017, 4:12 pm

Unless someone has a name and incident to cite, there is only one Mexican Mafia member to die at the hands of a rival prison gang. His name is Rudy "Cheyenne" Cadena and he perished in Palm Hall in December 1972 at the hands of the Nuestra Familia. "Dopey Dan" was stabbed to death in Soledad in 1970 by EME's Raymond "Bevito" Alvarez, also known by the inmate population as simply "Baby." He was subsequently convicted and is still alive. EME associate "Mono" Esparza (San Diego) was wounded by the BGF in a confrontation with BGF in the early 70's and is currently still alive and kicking. Hugo "Yogi" Pinell did NOT kill any AB nor EME members during his BGF career although I'm sure he wanted to.

On August 21, 1971, BGF members Yogi, George Jackson, Fleeta Drumgo, Willie Tate, David Johnson, and Larry Spain took over the San Quentin Adjustment Center and killed 3 prison guards, wounded other guards, and killed 2 inmate informants. Participating in these homicides were Mexican Mafia members Luis "Bala" Talamantez (charged and a member of the so-called San Quentin Six) and Louie "Rock On Lou" Lopez plus EME/AB associate Raymond "Little Ray" Carriger. Lopez and Carriger were never charged. Talamantez interceded on Little Ray's behalf and prevented the BGF from killing him.

Razorman55

razorman55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by razorman55 » June 22nd, 2017, 4:31 pm

On March 4, 1971, Yogi stabbed Officer Robert McCarthy through the tray slot at Soledad's old X-Wing facility, ramming a toothbrush through the officer's eye and mortally wounding him. I think one can guess CDCR personnel probably grieved very little at the demise of Yogi Pinell.

razorman55
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by razorman55 » June 22nd, 2017, 4:34 pm

Correction: Dopey Dan was killed in 1968, not 1970. Baby Alvarez was convicted in 1970.

dman93
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Perth

Unread post by dman93 » June 25th, 2017, 3:05 am

currygoat wrote:Top 20 AB consisting of early influential and infamous members (with photos).

L-R: Michael Thompson, Casper Crowell, John Greschner, Unknown

Guy on the right is William 'Bob' Overton

Seems to make it on to a lot of documentaries.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » June 30th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Razorman, thank you for the clarification...to my recollections No AB members or EME members were ever killed at the hands of Hugo Pinell...Numbersrunner was getting some confusing information.