PEN1 taking over the AB

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
dman93
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Perth

PEN1 taking over the AB

Unread post by dman93 » June 25th, 2017, 3:00 am

Hi All,

I've been lurking here for a while appreciating the posts. I have always been fascinated with prison gangs in America - in particular the AB.

What I find fascinating is the power, control, authority and organisation when ALL odds are against them. Then you need to consider the numbers - as John Greschner said in a documentary;

You get 20 members of the AB and they'd decimate 1000 scraps.

Anyway, there was an OC gangs documentary from Ross Kemp. Ross was at Pelican Bay (I think it was) and he spoke to 5 gang drop outs. Ross seemed adamant that the PEN1 was set to overturn the AB, but the 5 drop outs just laughed it off.

The 5 guys were;

Tim Morse - unknown gang
Richard Mysels - AB
Jason Schmaus - AB?
Bob Overton - AB
Richard Brown - AB?

I've read court docs on Jason Schmaus from an AB hit with Robert Glenn in the mid 90's.

I'm curious to know the current status on the PEN1 vs AB.

And any info on the above 5 and where they ranked within the AB.

thanks

dman93
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: PEN1 taking over the AB

Unread post by dman93 » June 25th, 2017, 3:02 am

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » June 30th, 2017, 3:47 pm

dman93, PEN1 do the Brands bidding...before them it was the NLR NaziLow-Riders, Far as them taking over I'm not too sure about that. But in California the most feared and respected is "The Brand" they were founded in San Quentin State Prison the PEN1 skins are a street gang. Not a prison gang. There not taking over anything. From my understanding.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » June 30th, 2017, 3:50 pm

As far as Ross he don't know shit. Them drop-outs were just drop-outs. None of them were Ranking Members of the gang, that I'm familiar with.

dman93
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dman93 » July 3rd, 2017, 2:15 pm

Thanks for your insight, Bumper.

Very interesting and it's so easy for followers like me to fall in to what guys like Kemp put together in documentaries.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » July 6th, 2017, 12:43 pm

Yes dman93, Have you ever watched Gangland? Every Gang they cover is the most dangerous Gang in the World.
You can't believe all that rhetoric from documentaries
I can enlighten you within reason my friend because I went out in Good standing. I did not drop out. So I have to be careful what I talk about. Within reason if you understand. Just out of respect for the 2 gangs I was apart of for 26 years.

dman93
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by dman93 » July 14th, 2017, 2:18 am

bumperjack wrote:Yes dman93, Have you ever watched Gangland? Every Gang they cover is the most dangerous Gang in the World.
You can't believe all that rhetoric from documentaries
I can enlighten you within reason my friend because I went out in Good standing. I did not drop out. So I have to be careful what I talk about. Within reason if you understand. Just out of respect for the 2 gangs I was apart of for 26 years.
I have watched many documentaries, Bumperjack. I find the documentaries in general to not be hard hitting enough. They don't seem to get across the point that joining a gang (on topic - A prison gang) is no joke, i find the documentaries to be airy fairy and not hard enough.

I respect your views and posts massively.

thanks.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » July 18th, 2017, 6:49 pm

Dman93, I would say for you to study the "Aryan Brotherhood" it's good to interview ex-members who have no axes to grind.
You will never be able to interview a active member.Documentaries will mislead you to believe non-truths about the Gang...