Multiple Platforms: "25 to Life" gone gold

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Multiple Platforms: "25 to Life" gone gold

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 11th, 2006, 12:20 pm

25 to Life gone gold

Eidos today announced that development on the game '25 to Life' is complete, and the master copy is off for duplication. The game will be available to the public January 18 on the Xbox, PlayStation 2, and PC.

25 to Life's journey to stores has been anything but a smooth ride. The third-person shooter was originally supposed to be released in early 2005 but experienced several delays, the most recent being the result of new management postponing the game in order to put it under "business review."

The game also became the main target of some playa-hating from politicians for its glorification of violence. Senator Charles E. Schumer (D-New York) said the game makes popular antigame target Grand Theft Auto "look like Romper Room" because gamers slip into the colored bandanas of gang members and engage in gunfights with police.

Soon after, CNN news analyst Nancy Grace joined the debate and invited Miami lawyer and bane of gamers Jack Thompson on her eponymous show to talk about the game's content. Despite insistence by Thompson, who publicly assured anyone who would listen that the game would never see the light of day, efforts to cancel the game failed.

25 to Life is rated M for Mature and will retail for $39.99 on consoles and $29.99 on the PC.

FNG Gaming News

http://www.fnggaming.com/modules.php?na ... e&sid=2558

Maniac
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Maniac » January 11th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Im sick of politicians they serve no good to communities.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » January 18th, 2006, 3:56 pm

Maniac wrote:Im sick of politicians they serve no good to communities.
Amen to that. Politics are getting me pissed off cause they don't change shit, all they want is power. What assholes. Anyways, I know that 25 to life is going gold, I have no idea what that means, but anyways, when is it coming out? I haven't heard any recent news except this gold thingy and this:

----------------------------------------------------------------

25 to Life on the loose
Eidos' controversial cops-vs.-criminals shooter ships for PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC.

After being postponed for months, 25 to Life has finally shipped to stores. The third-person shooter, which pits teams of cops against bands of criminals in Battlefield-style combat, is being released on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC. The console versions of the game retail for $39.99, while the PC version will cost gamers just $29.99.

As you might expect from its subject matter, 25 to Life is rated M for Mature. However, the 17-and-up sticker the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) slapped on the game did little to shield it from controversy. In the wake of the "Hot Coffee" scandal spawned by Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, it was blasted by US Senator Charles Schumer (D-NY) and CNN Headline News anchor Nancy Grace for encouraging criminality among impressionable youth. Unsurprisingly, antigame activist Jack Thompson was among one of its most vociferous critics, at one point circulating an e-mail saying he heard "from a credible source that Eidos has decided never to release 25 to Life."

Many speculated the controversy was behind Eidos' decision to delay 25 to Life from its original October 2005 release date until January 2006. Was it worth the wait? Check back later this week for GameSpot's full review. In the meantime, consult our previous coverage for details on the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its about time they make a game like Counterstrike but about gangsters and urban life. I hope that once I buy this game, I will have somthing to play all day. I have been meaning to ask, for the ps2, can I use a usb cable to connect to multiplayer on the ps2 or do I have to have the PC to play multiplayer? And also, is ps2 multiplayer better than PC if you have a game that is too slow for your pc and if it has multiplayer on ps2, does it affect anything on the pc? Man im soo stupid I should have bought something that can be connected for online play with a usb cable for ps2..... Something like SOCOM 3.....

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » January 19th, 2006, 1:28 pm

25 to life is out. Go get it. It came out on the 17th.