KODY "MONSTER" SCOTT's book who read it what did y

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
rustone
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by rustone » March 11th, 2007, 2:07 pm

Link to purchase book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/08021 ... gangs06-20

NAAA MAN I DOUBT THAT SHIT TRUE

IS JUS ANOTHER OLD ASS O.G NIGGA LOCKED UP IN A BOX

TALKIN ABOUT HE MURKED THIS AND
MURKED THAT
GET the FUCK OUTTA HERE

HES TRYING TO MAKE A BUCK

HES LOCKED UP IN A BOX FOR THE REST OFF HIS LIFE

TRUST ME HES PUTTIN EXTRAS ON SHIT

HE PROBLY BUSSED ON SOME NIGGAS

THAT NIGGA AINT A SUPERBANGER

FUCK THAT NIGGA

THIRDSTREET

BIG H8MI3 M8NST3R K8DY

Unread post by THIRDSTREET » March 14th, 2007, 7:10 am

FUCC U 3...ON the SET SAY that SHIT BETWEEN VERMONT AN VAN NESS...OLE OFF-BRAND ASS NIGGGA

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 15th, 2007, 8:35 pm

just think how crazy a book writtin by big evil would be lol

grundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by grundy » March 16th, 2007, 3:12 am

Like Tookie said this nigga crave attention.

sceptics

Unread post by sceptics » March 20th, 2007, 12:59 am

mY DAD bought this book about 6 years ago n showed it 2 me to read and i loved it!!!!!!!!!

now my family arent at all gang related, im samoan/maori from a little country called new zealand n by reading this book i came 2 understand that the kids n my country have got nothing on south central!! our kids dont even know wat crips and bloods mean! they would neva even try and hold a gun! if they fight,they fight with their fists but its so rare 2 see gang related murders n this country! i just laugh at our "gangstas" now!!
this book has made it around 2 ALL my friends, theyve all borrowed it,read it, and absolutely LOVED IT!!

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » March 23rd, 2007, 4:47 pm

who from his set get life cuzz of his book????

NYpueblobishop

Unread post by NYpueblobishop » October 14th, 2007, 1:22 am

this book caused so many fake sets to pop up all over america and other countries ,

this is the bible and inspiration for wannabees online gangsters and fanatsy niggas and myspace thuggs

and the suge knight & tupac influence .....ahahahahah :lol:

dubcity
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubcity » October 28th, 2007, 5:26 pm

this book is a classic, it did sprout a lot of wanaces but obviously becuz they wuz jocin it so hard.....

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » November 12th, 2007, 2:29 pm

Monster made bloods look soft in his book he says everytime he put in work on brims they called the cops and never got any hit back on etg. he made the inglewood bloods look like pussies and it was funny when he said some cat from ecc made a nigga from swanns drink piss when he was in jail back in the 80,s. he didn't write about any of his homies being killed by bloods he made crips look untouchable in his book but that's just my humble opinion

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » November 12th, 2007, 3:06 pm

Is it just me or did Monster seem like a fallower? Loko from the Home of the Body Bags seemed to potary himself as a leader.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » November 12th, 2007, 3:15 pm

Yea everytime her herd a good idea he went along with it but to me he still made crips look untouchable

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » November 12th, 2007, 3:20 pm

I ment to say he not her lol

leonr
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

MONSTER....

Unread post by leonr » April 17th, 2008, 12:35 pm

My opinion,this book is a real must read even if the stories are not 100% true (only he knows if everithing in the book is what happened)
but is really a good story teller,a second book should be great, even better if he tell stories not only from his set,would like to read more
of Bloods and other gangs on his Hood and other places.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Re: MONSTER....

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » April 17th, 2008, 3:57 pm

leonr wrote:My opinion,this book is a real must read even if the stories are not 100% true (only he knows if everithing in the book is what happened)
False.

moblack

Unread post by moblack » May 6th, 2008, 8:09 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:Monster made bloods look soft in his book he says everytime he put in work on brims they called the cops and never got any hit back on etg. he made the inglewood bloods look like pussies and it was funny when he said some cat from ecc made a nigga from swanns drink piss when he was in jail back in the 80,s. he didn't write about any of his homies being killed by bloods he made crips look untouchable in his book but that's just my humble opinion
Agreed with that. I have a friend who lives in LA. He says that gang isn't what it used to be in numbers or work. Is that true?

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » June 2nd, 2008, 1:14 pm

I thought he wrote 2 books.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 4th, 2008, 5:26 pm

dinky wrote:I thought he wrote 2 books.
He was featured in Do or Die,

He was the author of his own autobiography

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » June 4th, 2008, 7:15 pm

i wish i had the spirit to read over 3 pages of somethin witout quitin....then id kno who this dude is.....but is he the dude whose dad was a MLB player and his momz was a model n somethin happend then he moved to the hood or somthin...how yall talk buot this dude reminds me of folks i kno that love to bust they guns and hav a need to murder dono why

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: KODY "MONSTER" SCOTT's book who read it what did y

Unread post by dinky » June 5th, 2008, 6:42 am

Yeah i read DO OR DIE but didnt he write a sequel to MONSTER called CANT STOP WONT STOP? I have tried to get it but apparently its out of print.If it exists can someone let me know.Does ALLHOOD have any plans on publishing any gang books?

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 5th, 2008, 8:58 am

^Start a new topic and i'll reply don't want to mess this string up...

I never heard of Can't Stop Won't Stop Book by Monster...

Didn't think monster had time to write another book the way he was out in the streets and on the run.. find a link and post it because I seriously doubt it but i'm not about to search for it... cause i don't believe it... mayb you talking about the movie or documentary he was suppose to be assisting/narrating

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » June 5th, 2008, 10:43 am

I just checked Amazon .If u type in SANYIKA SHAKUR in books it has a listing for Cant Stop Wont Stop(hardcover 1999)but states currently unavailable.So the book is out there but it looks like it sunk without a trace.He has however written a new novel loosely based on himself called T.H.U.G L.I.F.E which is published on August 5th 2008.There is a brief synopsis stating the lead character is named LAPEACE,a leader of the Eight Trays who goes into hiding after eight bystanders are killed during a shootout with a rival gang .It also says Kody wrote this book while incarcerated.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » June 5th, 2008, 2:42 pm

Ironic or coincidence that there is not a cover picture, not a single review, and most of the info on google talks about the movie and his arrest as opposed to content of the book?

I'm curious as to what he wrote about in the book to be released in August...

Still mind boggling how if he released cant stop won't stop the book why there is no avaailability and no one mentions it, how could the book sell out everywhere and nobody know about. Ask Alonso if he seen it...

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » June 5th, 2008, 3:07 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:Ironic or coincidence that there is not a cover picture, not a single review, and most of the info on google talks about the movie and his arrest as opposed to content of the book?

I'm curious as to what he wrote about in the book to be released in August...

Still mind boggling how if he released cant stop won't stop the book why there is no avaailability and no one mentions it, how could the book sell out everywhere and nobody know about. Ask Alonso if he seen it...
Definitely weird how nobody has heard of it considering how infamous the first one was.I read somewhere that he wanted to name his first book Cant Stop,Wont Stop, but the publishers didnt like the title.

indacut

Unread post by indacut » June 5th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Read it when I had to take a county vacation. I like the beginning when he writes a gang shooting like it was a strait special forces mission.

MadIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: CHICAGO

Unread post by MadIP » July 10th, 2008, 5:10 am

IT WAS BS, SPECIALLY WHEN HE SAYS THEY CHOPPED A SIXTY MEMBERS ARM , MY BLOODY LIFE WAS 100 TIMES BETTER BECAUSE NOT ONLY SHOWS THE BANGIN PART BUT IT SHOWS A HISTORIC TRACE, AND MOST OF MONSTER IS IN PRISON, SUCKS.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » July 12th, 2008, 12:43 am

there is no 'can't stop won't stop' book, that was the title he originally wanted to use for his autobiography, but the publishers chose 'monster' instead

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » July 12th, 2008, 7:00 am

CANT STOP WONT STOP is listed as being published 6 yrs AFTER MONSTER.

RickyRude
What city do you live in now?: london

Re: KODY "MONSTER" SCOTT's book who read it what d

Unread post by RickyRude » January 8th, 2009, 2:09 am

Shadowgirl wrote:Just read it and admit it held me 'till the end - couldn't put it down, I'm in England and we're just begining to get the Gang culture really take hold over here, it started about the mid 80's and is now entrenched in a couple of cities - though it's not Bloods and Crips.

Wanted to get an idea of what US gangs were about, I've got 'Do Or Die' on my 'to do' pile - will take the advice of the poster who sugests doing a search here to get the ins and outs of the book - can anyone sugest any other books that are worth reading?

Thanks

Shadow
home of the body bags - terrell c wright rollin 20 bloods
enriquez "BOXeR" The Black Hand- from mexican mafia
My Bloody Life: The Making of a Latin King by Reymundo Sanchez
Cupcake

Teflon85
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Birmingham

Unread post by Teflon85 » January 10th, 2009, 7:52 am

About half way through this atm, got Home of the Body Bags too, haven't read it yet tho. Amazon makes it possible to get any of this stuff easily :)

MeanMug
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by MeanMug » January 27th, 2009, 7:43 pm

dinky wrote:Yeah i read DO OR DIE but didnt he write a sequel to MONSTER called CANT STOP WONT STOP? I have tried to get it but apparently its out of print.If it exists can someone let me know.Does ALLHOOD have any plans on publishing any gang books?

actually "Can't stop, won't stop" is supposed to be a movie based on Monster Kody....

they used to have a site...but its not up no more. not sure if they still gonna drop it?

Teflon85
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Birmingham

Unread post by Teflon85 » January 28th, 2009, 5:12 am

He has released a second book since Monster, I forget what it's called though. . .

The original title for Monster was supposed to be Can't Stop, Won't Stop, but the publisher changed it. Everywhere I've looked, the release date for the movie Can't Stop, Won't Stop is still listed as 2008, which has now passed. Also, there are no updates on the casting outside of the first few roles that were announced, so I really have no idea what's happening there. Personally, I'd love to see this film happen. The book was great, a great story to read and told in a very good, eye opening way.

dinky
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dinky » January 28th, 2009, 8:25 am

As far as im aware the movie has finished filming,they must be waiting on a distributor.Check out the MONSTER KODY episode of american gangster you can watch it online at bet tv.