A Rollin 60 tells of secret life as CI, GQ Magazine 01/08

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
Word
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

A Rollin 60 tells of secret life as CI, GQ Magazine 01/08

Unread post by Word » December 30th, 2007, 9:54 pm

In GQ Magazine:

For over a decade, hundreds of Blood and Crip gang members in South Central Los Angeles have been put away thanks to the efforts of one deep insider. He is not a cop. He is not a federal agent. This man is one of their own. For the first time ever, he reveals to Guy lawson how he's brought down some of L.A.'s worst criminals, and how he's stayed alive.

http://www.streetgangs.com/the-inside-man

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » January 2nd, 2008, 4:12 pm

aka a vigilante snitch right?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 2nd, 2008, 4:24 pm

at my old school them rollin 60s was snitchin like it was the thing to do. foos should diss em like that by callin em snitches haha.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » January 2nd, 2008, 4:29 pm

NikexCortez wrote:at my old school them rollin 60s was snitchin like it was the thing to do. foos should diss em like that by callin em snitches haha.
lol, u heard of the stereotype that the 60s is so deep that most their hood is lil highschoolers that are b1tches and all their riders are gone... well damn mess like this pushes that, rolllin snitches :?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 2nd, 2008, 4:43 pm

there was like 5 rollin snitches that were scared one of bgc that was there. and them rollin snitches was getting punked by mexican bloods lolz.

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: GO BIG BLUE

Re: OG Rollin 60 tells tale of secret life as C.I.

Unread post by doobeez » January 2nd, 2008, 5:00 pm

Word wrote:In GQ Magazine:

For over a decade, hundreds of Blood and Crip gang members in South Central Los Angeles have been put away thanks to the efforts of one deep insider. He is not a cop. He is not a federal agent. This man is one of their own. For the first time ever, he reveals to Guy lawson how he's brought down some of L.A.'s worst criminals, and how he's stayed alive.

http://www.streetgangs.com/the-inside-man

what issue was this in? I clicked on the link, but i can't make out what the article says and i'd like to read it...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » January 2nd, 2008, 5:33 pm

i just bought the GQ magazine, and read the article tonight.

Word
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Word » January 2nd, 2008, 8:12 pm

doobeez wrote: what issue was this in? I clicked on the link, but i can't make out what the article says and i'd like to read it...
Not sure... My boy from IFGB showed me it.
alexalonso wrote:i just bought the GQ magazine, and read the article tonight.
What did you think of it?

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » January 3rd, 2008, 5:59 am

alexalonso wrote:i just bought the GQ magazine, and read the article tonight.

so it must be in the current issue..i'll pick that up today

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 3rd, 2008, 11:12 am

Snitches are in all neighborhoods, all races. Most of you are snitches or probaly would be a snitch if you lived the life these criminals lived and faced a life sentence and heavy interrogation.

The article in GQ is ficticious as none of those names are legitiment except one, and that person is not incarcerated for the charges that the article states. Besides, that name 'Capone' is common in the gang world.

I noticed the writer is from New York, what else would you expect from a New Yorker regarding an LA Based Gang. It also wasn't a surprise to see the picture with his face totally covered.. the purpose was obviously meant as a visual only but came more off as childish and as weak as the article.

Alonso, you should interview that mysterious character for streetgangs.com/mag and hit him with some questions a real L.A. Sixty would know as opposed to someone who just wanted 5 minutes of fame... give me a break- GQ?? When did GQ start covering LA Based Gangs?

How credible is the writer? Has he covered gang banging before? What type of cross checking did he do to see if the information was authenic.. can we find those names in the Gang Files.. can we see some court documents.. can we see proof of a conviction or a tattoo with their gang insignia or street sign with an L.A. Background?

This crap is ludicrous an only an outsider would buy this info... once again showing who is in the streets and who gets their info from European Media- East Coast based at that!

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » January 3rd, 2008, 5:37 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:Snitches are in all neighborhoods, all races. Most of you are snitches or probaly would be a snitch if you lived the life these criminals lived and faced a life sentence and heavy interrogation.

The article in GQ is ficticious as none of those names are legitiment except one, and that person is not incarcerated for the charges that the article states. Besides, that name 'Capone' is common in the gang world.

I noticed the writer is from New York, what else would you expect from a New Yorker regarding an LA Based Gang. It also wasn't a surprise to see the picture with his face totally covered.. the purpose was obviously meant as a visual only but came more off as childish and as weak as the article.

Alonso, you should interview that mysterious character for streetgangs.com/mag and hit him with some questions a real L.A. Sixty would know as opposed to someone who just wanted 5 minutes of fame... give me a break- GQ?? When did GQ start covering LA Based Gangs?

How credible is the writer? Has he covered gang banging before? What type of cross checking did he do to see if the information was authenic.. can we find those names in the Gang Files.. can we see some court documents.. can we see proof of a conviction or a tattoo with their gang insignia or street sign with an L.A. Background?

This crap is ludicrous an only an outsider would buy this info... once again showing who is in the streets and who gets their info from European Media- East Coast based at that!

eh, u bring up good points, i dont read these gang magazines so i dont know what is what, but looking at it from the coverpage or the title it looks like hes just a vigilante type snitch....

doobeez
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by doobeez » January 3rd, 2008, 9:32 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:Snitches are in all neighborhoods, all races. Most of you are snitches or probaly would be a snitch if you lived the life these criminals lived and faced a life sentence and heavy interrogation.

good points...enough insite for me not to buy a GQ... 8)

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 4th, 2008, 11:35 pm

i wish i knew a way to track this mysterious snitch down, but I had some questions about the article to determine how true this story may be.

Questions I have about the article.

1. The author states that the names have been changed, so lets assume that all the names are fake to protect his identity.

2. A Rollin 60s Crip named Little Bee had been killed by an Inglewood Family. Is Little Be a real victim of the 60s? This would have happened some time when G-Rock was 21 (1995). Since Little Be is probably a fake name, who from 60s was killed by an IF in 1995.

3. Ice from Rollin60s was a big time drug dealer who in 1996 was with G-Rock on their way to St. Louis to sell a stolen car. Although the names may have been changed, this incident should be on the record, especially their arrest in Nevada. The article does not say what town in Nevada, a small town in the open desert where Nevada State Police had jurisdiction though. When Ice and G-Rock were arrested, the article says that Ice’s brother in LA bailed Ice out only. I am assuming that Ice’s brother is from 60s too. Who could Ice really be? Who was his brother? He was eventually arrested in 1997 and sentenced to 17 years.

4. Capone was a fugitive in 1996 for a serious bank robbery that involved taking a teller hostage and eventually the FBI arrested him along with LAPD officers from the 77th division. This arrest might have made it to the media. Who is Capone really?

5. Butch was convicted on a conspiracy drug case in 2002 mostly on the evidence supplied by a CI. He ordered all snitches murder from jail. Butch would be in prison today. Is he a real person?

6. Who was Tuc, with a tear drop tattoo, muscular with a cocaine addiction. He is described as a feared member of the 60s, even by people in his own circle. Tuc killed two other 60s members at a party, Baby Boy who has snitched on a drug deal before, and Big Eyes who Tuc falsely accused of snitching. This double murder has to be on the record somewhere since Tuc was sent to death row for this double murder. Who on death row from the 60s is there for a double murder?

7. G Rock had a non-gang member cousin named Tyrell who was killed by the IFGs outside a strip club on Crenshaw. The shooters were arrested last fall. The only strip spot i know on Crenshaw is 1st Kings.

8. If G Rock was 22 year in 1996, then he was probably born in 1974 and would have been 32 years when this article was written. He said he joined the 60s when he was 14 which would have been around 1988. Someone from 60s should know this cat.

9. The FBI agent cited in the story is Flarety. I wonder if his name was changes or if he is a real agent.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » January 5th, 2008, 11:21 am

This is a false story

Nobody in the Land is familar with this chain of events period

niggas been talking about this shit for days, asking niggas from every generation, nobody comes up with anything

Made Up Story

there has been no mutlipe arrest and the hands of a snitch, its all bs

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » January 5th, 2008, 11:22 am

NikexCortez wrote:at my old school them rollin 60s was snitchin like it was the thing to do. foos should diss em like that by callin em snitches haha.
Yeah? What school did you go to big shot?

NikexCortez

Unread post by NikexCortez » January 5th, 2008, 12:16 pm

aren't you still trying to find out if maravillas are still eses or not lol @ this internet gang investigator. go to the streets, o yea i 4got you never even gang banged.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 5th, 2008, 3:29 pm

xxx wrote:This is a false story

niggas been talking about this shit for days, asking niggas from every generation, nobody comes up with anything

Made Up Story

I did some fact checking about Rollin' 60s on death row, and there may be some truth about a guy that is on death row now. I am not talking about Lil Fee who has been on death row since the 1980s, but if this Tuc person is real, then he was sent to death row in the late 1990s. Ofcourse his real nick name is not Tuc, but I think that in a few days I might have more information. I am sure Allhood, can enlighten us on the 3 or 4 guys from 60s that are currently on death row and perhaps link Tuc to one of these guys.

What if the story is real but they changed the name of the gang? If the story is real, you would HAVE to change the name of the gang. What if the snith is really from IFG or from ETG and he decided to change the name of the gang to throw everyone off from finding him? I am not completely dismissing the story, I just think it was written in a way to conceal the identity of the CI. Is anyone with me? I am starting to think that this has nothing to do with the 60s now.

ricull4@adelphia.net

Unread post by ricull4@adelphia.net » January 6th, 2008, 10:28 pm

One of the FBI agents mentioned, Eusebio Benavidez was involved in the Grape street bust.He wore a cowboy hat and all.The survellance video was posted somewhere on this site.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 7th, 2008, 7:13 pm

ricull4@adelphia.net wrote:One of the FBI agents mentioned, Eusebio Benavidez was involved in the Grape street bust.He wore a cowboy hat and all.The survellance video was posted somewhere on this site.
this guy, Eusebio Benavidez is a real agent and was part of getting Wayne Day aka Big Honcho fromGrape Street Crips busted.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 9th, 2008, 10:48 pm

i stand corrected... thanks to Alonso I realize that I missed the part about the names being changed...

Death Row:

Lil Fee
No-No
Nutty
Ken Dog

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Re:

Unread post by Azure9920 » July 13th, 2008, 9:21 am

alexalonso wrote:
4. Capone was a fugitive in 1996 for a serious bank robbery that involved taking a teller hostage and eventually the FBI arrested him along with LAPD officers from the 77th division. This arrest might have made it to the media. Who is Capone really?
COULD THIS BE IT?

Black Youths Used In String of 175 Bank Robberies

Los Angeles Sentinel; 11/10/1993; James Bolden

Los Angeles Sentinel

11-10-1993

Black Youths Used In String of 175 Bank Robberies.

By JAMES BOLDEN

Staff Writer

Using testimonies of the young co-defendants manipulated into committing up to 175 bank robberies, federal prosecutors were successful Monday in securing lengthy sentences for the two adult ring leaders, reputed members of the Rollin' 60's Crip gang.

According to FBI investigators, who along with local authorities the two would recruit disadvantaged youths from various locations including high school and college campuses solely for the purpose of actively participating in the crime sprees.

Among the recruits, many were young gang "wannabes" out to make a name for themselves. Others were teenagers addicted to drugs, easily tempted by the lure of quick cash.

Robert "Cas" Brown, 23, of Los Angeles and Donzell "C-Dog" Thompson, 24, of Carson each received sentences of 30 to 25 years respectively, for masterminding the robberies that prosecutors said would go from one part of the city to another, robbing as many as five banks per day.

"They'd (the gang) start at one end of Los Angeles and go all the way to the other side," said Special Assistant U.S. Atty John S. Wiley Jr. "They even went to Las Vegas."

Brown, nicknamed "Casper" after the cartoon character in "Casper the Friendly Ghost," was reportedly the unseen presence behind a majority of the robberies which date back to 1989. An FBI official was quoted as saying "Brown has robbed more banks than any one else in the history of the United States."

Although Thompson did not become an accomplice until 1992, he faced mandatory sentence of more than 100 years if convicted. But the two instead entered pleas reducing their federal prison time substantially. With time off for good behavior, 85 percent of the sentence must be served.

The recruits, who were as young as 13-years-old, were supplied with guns--if they did not already have access--apillowcase to carry money from the heist, an untraceable stolen car and, of course, a selected bank and plan to attack it.

Over a period of time, prosecutors said, several of the recruits arrested in fouled-up robberies began to supply investigators with needed information which eventually led to the arrests of the two men.

While FBI officials described the May 28 arrests of the defendants as a very "carefully planned operation," the two were said to have been illusive prior to being taken into custody. Thompson was arrested at a local motel and shortly thereafter, Brown was seized at a local residence.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re:

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » July 16th, 2008, 1:18 am

I am sure Allhood, can enlighten us on the 3 or 4 guys from 60s that are currently on death row and perhaps link Tuc to one of these guys.

I don't think it adds up to any 60 on Death Row.. there is only one possibility but the dates and age don't match up..

What if the story is real but they changed the name of the gang? If the story is real, you would HAVE to change the name of the gang.

Not sure if i posted that, but i've said that all along. The story is very beleivable, its typical, but the event/cases have yet to match the many soles who are puzzled by this story...

I am starting to think that this has nothing to do with the 60s now.

I formed that opinion from the outset.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: Re:

Unread post by alexalonso » January 20th, 2009, 11:03 pm

Azure9920 wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
COULD THIS BE IT?

Black Youths Used In String of 175 Bank Robberies

Los Angeles Sentinel; 11/10/1993; James Bolden

Los Angeles Sentinel

11-10-1993

Black Youths Used In String of 175 Bank Robberies.

By JAMES BOLDEN

Staff Writer

Using testimonies of the young co-defendants manipulated into committing up to 175 bank robberies, federal prosecutors were successful Monday in securing lengthy sentences for the two adult ring leaders, reputed members of the Rollin' 60's Crip gang.

According to FBI investigators, who along with local authorities the two would recruit disadvantaged youths from various locations including high school and college campuses solely for the purpose of actively participating in the crime sprees.

Among the recruits, many were young gang "wannabes" out to make a name for themselves. Others were teenagers addicted to drugs, easily tempted by the lure of quick cash.

Robert "Cas" Brown, 23, of Los Angeles and Donzell "C-Dog" Thompson, 24, of Carson each received sentences of 30 to 25 years respectively, for masterminding the robberies that prosecutors said would go from one part of the city to another, robbing as many as five banks per day.

"They'd (the gang) start at one end of Los Angeles and go all the way to the other side," said Special Assistant U.S. Atty John S. Wiley Jr. "They even went to Las Vegas."

Brown, nicknamed "Casper" after the cartoon character in "Casper the Friendly Ghost," was reportedly the unseen presence behind a majority of the robberies which date back to 1989. An FBI official was quoted as saying "Brown has robbed more banks than any one else in the history of the United States."

Although Thompson did not become an accomplice until 1992, he faced mandatory sentence of more than 100 years if convicted. But the two instead entered pleas reducing their federal prison time substantially. With time off for good behavior, 85 percent of the sentence must be served.

The recruits, who were as young as 13-years-old, were supplied with guns--if they did not already have access--apillowcase to carry money from the heist, an untraceable stolen car and, of course, a selected bank and plan to attack it.

Over a period of time, prosecutors said, several of the recruits arrested in fouled-up robberies began to supply investigators with needed information which eventually led to the arrests of the two men.

While FBI officials described the May 28 arrests of the defendants as a very "carefully planned operation," the two were said to have been illusive prior to being taken into custody. Thompson was arrested at a local motel and shortly thereafter, Brown was seized at a local residence.

How did you find this article? Is there is a search for LA Sentinel articles?

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: A Rollin 60 tells of secret life as CI, GQ Magazine 01/08

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 20th, 2009, 11:40 pm

Thats Baby Casper and Baby C-Dog, those robberies were local and they weren't on the streets in 1996.. they were already locked up, plus they know who the informants were. And neither of them are on death row..

keith818

Re:

Unread post by keith818 » September 2nd, 2009, 1:26 pm

xxx wrote:This is a false story

Made Up Story

Look you gotta remember that it's a lot of people who are dead or locked up forever now. A lot of knowledge has vanished forever.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: A Rollin 60 tells of secret life as CI, GQ Magazine 01/0

Unread post by alexalonso » April 18th, 2012, 1:03 am

I was thinking about this GQ article again and I am wondering if they also changed the years too. As Allhood said, this shit is typical, and very likely, but if this author didnt do his homework, I want to bust him out.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » April 18th, 2012, 1:43 am

alexalonso wrote:I was thinking about this GQ article again and I am wondering if they also changed the years too. As Allhood said, this shit is typical, and very likely, but if this author didnt do his homework, I want to bust him out.
@ Alonso-Looks like Donzell C-Dog Thompson has been released, it may be a good interview for you to set up!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » June 28th, 2012, 6:56 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
alexalonso wrote:I was thinking about this GQ article again and I am wondering if they also changed the years too. As Allhood said, this shit is typical, and very likely, but if this author didnt do his homework, I want to bust him out.
@ Alonso-Looks like Donzell C-Dog Thompson has been released, it may be a good interview for you to set up!
Tell him to call me.