The Black Hand, a Mexican Mafia book (book)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
19DAGO04
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: 1904

Re: The Black Hand, a Mexican Mafia book - 2008

Unread post by 19DAGO04 » July 14th, 2010, 3:57 pm

StillNoScript wrote: EME's ordering all of these random, day to day murders over nothing more than turf? Why? I don't see anything "controlled" about the Chicano gang scene in Los Angeles. Out of control is more like it.
The key word isn't turf, but drug sales. They aren't murdering "over nothing more than turf." They are murdering for drug outlets.

I've seen a certain degree of control. Before the edicts in the early 1990's, drive bys, gang related murders, and banging on civilians in parts Dago were rampant. Aftter the edicts, a drive by by a X3 gang became rare to nil. Most of the drive bys are now being done by black and Asian gangs. Now there are more walk ups. Which is the lesser of the two evils since it is more unlikely that a citizen will get hit in crossfire. Varrios also get warned if they bang on civilians too much or if civilians get caught in between. Because that brings injunctions and unwanted heat that could put a dent in activities.

I can't speak too much about Los. But everyone from Dago can tell you banging was on a whole different level in the 1980's and 1990's. SESD was similar to LA's warzones. Varrios would bang on other varrios even if they never had history or beef and varrios would always be banging on civilians. Constant wars all over for no good reason other than to just bang. That all changed because eMeros from SD knew it was bad business. It would be a free for all here if -eMe- wasn't around (necessary evil). Varrios would always be encroaching on turf for drug sales like in the 1980's and 1990's. Nowadays you get varrios that used to beef chillin together sometimes. Now if hoods have no history of beef, they usually just chill off the bat. In fact-nowadays a lot of varrios won't cross out crosstowners for no reason. Back then-varrios with no beef would cross each other out just to do it.

Everyone says Dago is soft now. SD isn't soft, it's just better organized. You get listed here if you do something that gets unwanted attention. You kill a civilian in SD you might have to PC up or take the punishment doled out in the yard depending on the circumstance.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » July 15th, 2010, 9:26 am

19DAGO04 wrote:
StillNoScript wrote: EME's ordering all of these random, day to day murders over nothing more than turf? Why? I don't see anything "controlled" about the Chicano gang scene in Los Angeles. Out of control is more like it.
The key word isn't turf, but drug sales. They aren't murdering "over nothing more than turf." They are murdering for drug outlets.

I've seen a certain degree of control. Before the edicts in the early 1990's, drive bys, gang related murders, and banging on civilians in parts Dago were rampant. Aftter the edicts, a drive by by a X3 gang became rare to nil. Most of the drive bys are now being done by black and Asian gangs. Now there are more walk ups. Which is the lesser of the two evils since it is more unlikely that a citizen will get hit in crossfire. Varrios also get warned if they bang on civilians too much or if civilians get caught in between. Because that brings injunctions and unwanted heat that could put a dent in activities.

I can't speak too much about Los. But everyone from Dago can tell you banging was on a whole different level in the 1980's and 1990's. SESD was similar to LA's warzones. Varrios would bang on other varrios even if they never had history or beef and varrios would always be banging on civilians. Constant wars all over for no good reason other than to just bang. That all changed because eMeros from SD knew it was bad business. It would be a free for all here if -eMe- wasn't around (necessary evil). Varrios would always be encroaching on turf for drug sales like in the 1980's and 1990's. Nowadays you get varrios that used to beef chillin together sometimes. Now if hoods have no history of beef, they usually just chill off the bat. In fact-nowadays a lot of varrios won't cross out crosstowners for no reason. Back then-varrios with no beef would cross each other out just to do it.

Everyone says Dago is soft now. SD isn't soft, it's just better organized. You get listed here if you do something that gets unwanted attention. You kill a civilian in SD you might have to PC up or take the punishment doled out in the yard depending on the circumstance.

So they dont bang anymore in SD? the varrios are all good? In ELA alot of beef got quashed and bad blood between some varrios got squished...drive bys are non existant and the only gang banging is occassionally done by the rock MMV and others against the MVs...VNE and teh maravillas go at hard still. Out in Long Beach the shit is chaos...they are murking eachother out here no joke...mexicans blasting mexicans and blacks and asians...These ESLONGOs are nuttz -I dont know dude they are killing people all the time out here-and doing staright henious racial shit -like stabbing old black men and killing asian kids --they are at war with the whole city --YET they still make the news for wiping rivals out. They went at it with 18 and BP and ICG and R20 ...and were handing all these big ass hoods their hats --last summer these fools killed maybe 10 mofos out here...they are some treacherous fools and I dont think only the compton varrio tortilla flats are the only ones I ever heard who banged that hard-shoot they just got busted for doing like 12 shootings and 3 murders on their rivals....and they just recently let off on some cambodian kids and took them out a few days after they got busted by the FBI for some racial BS....a

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » July 15th, 2010, 10:57 am

IT WASN'T CALLED OTNC. SAME GANG DIFFERENT NAMES. I HEARD BARRIO UNIDOS (THAT'S WHERE UNITED GIRLS DERIVED FROM SOMEHOW) AND THEN PUEBLO VIEJO. BUT IT WAS ALWAYS THE SAME GANG. BECAUSE THE WEST WAS THE ONLY DEVELOPED AREA OPPOSED TO WHERE THE LOCOS AND BLOCK BOYS ARE FROM.

IT'S DOCUMENTED THAT OTNC WHATEVER NAME IT WAS DURING THAT TIME IS THE OLDEST KNOWN GANG IN THE COUNTY. I SEEN THE RESEARCH PAPERS WHEN THEY DID THE SECOND GANG INJUNCTION FROM A PERSON WHO WORKED FOR THE the'S OFFICE.

LOGAN WAS SECOND THEN OTAY THEN SHELLTOWN. ALSO, AN OLDER LADY WHO I USE TO WORK FOR COMES FROM A BIG FAMILY IN LOGAN AND SHE USE TO PARTY AND GO TO THE MOVIES IN THE 50'S LATE 40'S AND SAID OTNC AND LOGAN WOULD FIGHT AT THE MOVIES AND THEN THAT NEW GANG SHELLTOWN WOULD SMASH ON LOGAN WITH OTNC. HAHAHAHA NEW GANG.
19DAGO04 wrote:
stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT wrote:DEL SOL WAS A CLICK OF OTAY. FROM RIVERBOTTOMS TO BEYER. I KNOW HIS FAMILY REAL WELL. HIS SONS ARE FROM OTAY. HIS BEST FRIEND IS FROM OTAY. THERE'S A RUMOR HE HAD AN OTAY TATT.

OTAY IS OLDER.
19DAGO04 wrote:One thing that bugs me about this book...and its fuckin nit picky...but...

Del Sol is not a Chula Vista gang. VDS is on the outskirts of CV in South San Diego.

But Bat did grow up in Chula Vista 's Castle Park neighborhood. How the hell did Bat end up riding with Del Sol instead of Otay if he was from the Castle Park hood? Now that's a trip!

Crazy! I heard about that too. That DS split off of Otay in the late 1960's. I always thought that was a rumor. I asked a Yato about that. He wouldn't confirm it. But I heard of that split off. I heard that's how -RBLS- started up. Some inner beef in Otay..some spit off to form DS and then RBLS click formed from the rest that stayed with Otay.

My family lived in Otay way back in the day. They said that the gang Otay was around since the 1930's. They beefed with Sidro and Nacional back then. It was before your hood (-OTNC-) popped up. Well, it was pretty much your hood. They were supposed to have gone from just claiming Nacional to OTNC. Is that true? The Nacional->OTNC?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » July 20th, 2010, 4:03 am

Tricky69 wrote:He is from Artesia,Ca .Artesia 13 gang.
is there a guy on this board from Arta? I wonder if he knew Boxer.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » October 17th, 2010, 1:09 am

I knew a cat from Winter Gardens who had a verde when he was in the county, at that time Boxer was in the County aswell and that fool from WG got handled with the quickness, he said that all the southsiders were jumping off just because. Not sure if Boxer was calling it or if the torpedos were trying to impress him but his presence alone made things crack more than usual.

FAVELA9
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by FAVELA9 » February 3rd, 2011, 8:53 pm

anywhere i could read the book online

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra

Unread post by MCD » February 25th, 2011, 11:35 pm

mayugastank wrote: So they dont bang anymore in SD? the varrios are all good? In ELA alot of beef got quashed and bad blood between some varrios got squished...drive bys are non existant and the only gang banging is occassionally done by the rock MMV and others against the MVs...VNE and teh maravillas go at hard still. Out in Long Beach the shit is chaos...they are murking eachother out here no joke...mexicans blasting mexicans and blacks and asians...These ESLONGOs are nuttz -I dont know dude they are killing people all the time out here-and doing staright henious racial shit -like stabbing old black men and killing asian kids --they are at war with the whole city --YET they still make the news for wiping rivals out. They went at it with 18 and BP and ICG and R20 ...and were handing all these big ass hoods their hats --last summer these fools killed maybe 10 mofos out here...they are some treacherous fools and I dont think only the compton varrio tortilla flats are the only ones I ever heard who banged that hard-shoot they just got busted for doing like 12 shootings and 3 murders on their rivals....and they just recently let off on some cambodian kids and took them out a few days after they got busted by the FBI for some racial BS....a
every time i hear about LB I hear about the longos fuckin up shit. LB was predominantly black right? Has it been turning around?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » February 28th, 2011, 7:31 pm

MCD wrote:
mayugastank wrote: So they dont bang anymore in SD? the varrios are all good? In ELA alot of beef got quashed and bad blood between some varrios got squished...drive bys are non existant and the only gang banging is occassionally done by the rock MMV and others against the MVs...VNE and teh maravillas go at hard still. Out in Long Beach the shit is chaos...they are murking eachother out here no joke...mexicans blasting mexicans and blacks and asians...These ESLONGOs are nuttz -I dont know dude they are killing people all the time out here-and doing staright henious racial shit -like stabbing old black men and killing asian kids --they are at war with the whole city --YET they still make the news for wiping rivals out. They went at it with 18 and BP and ICG and R20 ...and were handing all these big ass hoods their hats --last summer these fools killed maybe 10 mofos out here...they are some treacherous fools and I dont think only the compton varrio tortilla flats are the only ones I ever heard who banged that hard-shoot they just got busted for doing like 12 shootings and 3 murders on their rivals....and they just recently let off on some cambodian kids and took them out a few days after they got busted by the FBI for some racial BS....a
every time i hear about LB I hear about the longos fuckin up shit. LB was predominantly black right? Has it been turning around?

Longos are treacherous-murderous fools. I dont think Ive ever heard of a gang in Los Angelos except maybe Mara Salvatrucha and a few 18 clicks ever killing people like that. But the Longos are known statewide for having some notorious killers. People I knew who were locked up told me about them having outright racist NK and AK tattoos acroos their faces and that whenever you meet a Longo he's in their for a 187 on his enemies black or asian. Recently I posted some stuff on how they let some cops have it after getting off on some asians-they also did 2 dozen shootings and 2 murders along with killing some 4 asians in a span of a few months. They must surely not have many members left as every time I read teh press telegram -theyve just killed someone else. I couldnt imagine growing up like them.

FAVELA9
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by FAVELA9 » July 17th, 2011, 11:14 am

they should make a movie about this dude i think it would be sick as hell , just dont know who would play his role , maybe the hitman from no country for old folks.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 26th, 2013, 12:07 am

check out this more recent interview of Rene Boxer Enriquez

Does not look like he is serving a life sentence

moreno62
What city do you live in now?: tijuana

Unread post by moreno62 » February 11th, 2017, 8:20 pm

Regarding Bat being from Otay or should of been is a lot crap! Albert grew up near Palm ave by the fire department. As an adult yes he did stay on Nigger Hill. People need to mind there own business and stay in your own lane! Bat is from Del Sol. Del Sol is not or never has been a spinoff of Otay. In the 70's and 80's we did get along with otay, but that's it!

GueroB
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: Post Falls

Unread post by GueroB » September 11th, 2017, 11:37 pm

willihen wrote:What city and hood was he from?
He was from East Los and banged Arta homie. He's OG and this is an amazing read.

Dusty1
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Crescent City

Unread post by Dusty1 » January 5th, 2019, 10:49 pm

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT wrote:IT WASN'T CALLED OTNC. SAME GANG DIFFERENT NAMES. I HEARD BARRIO UNIDOS (THAT'S WHERE UNITED GIRLS DERIVED FROM SOMEHOW) AND THEN PUEBLO VIEJO. BUT IT WAS ALWAYS THE SAME GANG. BECAUSE THE WEST WAS THE ONLY DEVELOPED AREA OPPOSED TO WHERE THE LOCOS AND BLOCK BOYS ARE FROM.

IT'S DOCUMENTED THAT OTNC WHATEVER NAME IT WAS DURING THAT TIME IS THE OLDEST KNOWN GANG IN THE COUNTY. I SEEN THE RESEARCH PAPERS WHEN THEY DID THE SECOND GANG INJUNCTION FROM A PERSON WHO WORKED FOR THE the'S OFFICE.

LOGAN WAS SECOND THEN OTAY THEN SHELLTOWN. ALSO, AN OLDER LADY WHO I USE TO WORK FOR COMES FROM A BIG FAMILY IN LOGAN AND SHE USE TO PARTY AND GO TO THE MOVIES IN THE 50'S LATE 40'S AND SAID OTNC AND LOGAN WOULD FIGHT AT THE MOVIES AND THEN THAT NEW GANG SHELLTOWN WOULD SMASH ON LOGAN WITH OTNC. HAHAHAHA NEW GANG.
OTNC came after 'THEE MUTES'. Thee Mutes was the original NC gang. Then came the OTNC Nightowls, then OTNC Gatos, then so on...