The Black Hand by Chris Blatchford

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

The Black Hand by Chris Blatchford

Unread post by silentwssj » December 20th, 2013, 7:11 pm

http://www.streetgangs.com/bookclub/blackhand

"The Black Hand" by Chris Blatchford is probably the best Mexican Mafia book that I have read! It details the life of Renee Enriquez a Mob dropout. It is his personal autobiography and is filled with many personal insights that you just do not get in other books. If you want to know the day to day details of being an EME member this would be your book. It is also filled with a lot of good history. I particularly liked comparing the story of "American Me with that found in "The Rise and Fall of the Nuestra Familia" He talks in depth about hits that he committed and life in the SHU program. It is very personal and in depth which I like! A good book to compare it to would be "Nuestra Famila a broken paradigm by John Boxer Mendoza! You will get an idea of what it is like in both the EME and NF if you read both of these!

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena

Re: The Black Hand

Unread post by femun » December 21st, 2013, 10:10 am

You're late to the party again.
viewtopic.php?f=171&t=41036

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by silentwssj » December 21st, 2013, 10:53 am

My bad Femun! I know that I was late to the party! I just wanted to give my opinions about all the relevant books concerning the EME and NF in one place! You are right though I should have just commented on it in an existing post! Damn good book!

Racerxj17
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by Racerxj17 » December 23rd, 2013, 8:52 pm

+, good info to be had in that book for the people out there that havent read it.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » January 12th, 2014, 12:22 pm

This book was much better than expected. I read it within a couple days. I usually don't bother with gang/mob related books because I just assume they're lame or written from a law enforcement perspective or by some gang member exaggerating their past. But I thought this one came off very realistic with detailed information down to each individual person involved, this could al most make a good movie or tv serious. I like how it really got down into politics that go on with in the organization and didn't glamorize it either.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » October 1st, 2015, 1:50 am