Urban Street Terrorism "The Mexican Mafia and Surenos"

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Urban Street Terrorism "The Mexican Mafia and Surenos"

Unread post by silentwssj » December 20th, 2013, 7:22 pm

order book: order book: http://www.streetgangs.com/store/books/mexican_mafia

"Urban Street terrorism "The Mexican Mafia and Surenos" by "Al Valdez and Renee Enriquez" Is a good book if you are concerned with the structure, rules, and inner workings of Surenos-EME It lays out rules, guidelines, organization and structure that they follow. It also explains what each title or rank means. I thought it did a pretty good job of explaining how street gangs operate under the direction of an EME member! It also has a very good dictionary detailing the meaning of all the words that they use! Good book!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Urban Street Terrorism "The Mexican Mafia and Surenos"

Unread post by silentwssj » December 21st, 2013, 10:49 am

I don't know if I would say that it sucked! I do agree that it could have been more in depth though. I have been trying to compare and contrast the organization and structure of the NF and the EME. I really thought that this book would answer all the questions that I had about the rules of the EME. Honestly the conclusion that I am coming to is that the EME is far less organized than the NF! Here you a drop out spilling his guts about his former organizations rules and they are nothing in comparison to the NF! Just saying! If there was more to it, I am sure that he would have talked about it! If you want to know what book sucked "Mexican Mafia" by "Tony Rafael" now that sucked! Notice that I did not even post a topic about it because it isn't worth reading!

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » January 11th, 2014, 12:29 am

femun wrote:This book sucked.
yeah, it was kind of a letdown for me as well. i'd rate it 1.5 out of 5. maybe 2 out of 5 on a good day.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » January 11th, 2014, 12:40 am

it felt like a cash cow release. the book lacked a clear purpose and there was no real valuable info that couldn't be found on google and on top of that it was a dry read. not a worthy purchase.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » April 1st, 2015, 5:19 am

The book has a few areas that represent some great history, but remember that Rene Boxer enriquez is not a gangster anymore, and more like a police assistant. He basically works for law enforcement now. But the book is available on our site for purchase, check it out, worth having in your library.

order book: http://www.streetgangs.com/store/books/mexican_mafia

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » April 1st, 2015, 11:42 am

Silentwssj,I haven't read the book! but far as structure & power of them 2 prison gangs.It's clearly the "EME" hands down.Now far as s"tructured rules" and consitutional by laws it could lean in the NF favor for sure... they are now almost non-existing on the streetsalthough Silent...there highest ranking member was recently sent to prison for along time...35 to life there last CEO...There not facing extinction except on the Street.
Renee Boxer Enriquez is a known informant as we know!!!He got into the EME in 1985...The Same Year I beat my first attempted Murder in DVI Tracy...Like I mentioned before I wont buy there books...only because you can walk out the front door with your dignity and respect...I know cause Some have and I followed!!! very few.Im one of them few by the Grace of God only.Ernest Kilroy Roybal is the other.I don't hold it against them because Iam Christian now and push him as my Shotcaller. God Bless Silent just wanted to throw my 2 cents in LOL...

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » April 1st, 2015, 4:13 pm

I think the NF is about as deep as the Eme at this point. They are definitely better organized and disciplined. The only edge I will give to them is the Sureno alliance. There are definitely more Surenos than Nortenos! Those are the ones putting in all the real work in this war. Nortenos are far more disciplined though. I can honestly say from life experience that your average Nortenos will be a a much better warrior than your average Sureno in the prison system. It is because we know we are outnumbered, so we train ourselves for fighting vigorously! That is not to say that they don't have riders, they do, its just that they don't take it as seriously as us. I think they tend to be comfortable in their numeric superiority and it shows in their individual commitment. Everywhere I have done time at we had solid ass soldiers! Most of us were because we knew we had to keep ourselves ready for war 24/7! Anyhow, if they let both groups out of the shu, there would be a blood bath on every yard for sure!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » April 1st, 2015, 5:18 pm

I agree with you bumperjack on your opinion of these dropout writers. Honestly, I read their books for one purpose only, they are telling all and I am listening to it! I don't care where the information is coming from. Anyways, you are right about how you left the life. You exited through the front door which is rare indeed. I give you mad props for that! Silent!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » April 1st, 2015, 9:47 pm

Silent,You are correct in your observation and experience and if they Let the SHU programs out they would show superioty in numbers as they have power in numbers.I will stay neutral on the outcome.You know were I grew up and have a Norteno nephew.and also have close friends still in it because of my exit.we become success story's very few of us and Iam one because of my life in Christ instead of Gangs.You know you are right about your take on it all and I have grown to have much LOVE & Respect for you.There are real Riders in every prison gang if you are not you become a victim real quick.The Surenos are out of Control only because they EME can only Control so much behind locked doors.If they were on the m ainlines like back in the 1980's they would not be running out of control I live it.When we were on the lines before indeterminate SHU's were handed out.they did not lock gang members up untill Corcoran was built in 1988 and Pelican Bay in 1989 I recieved my SHU in the early 90's as you already know.I know why you by them books tell all books the information is useful for you to gain from there perspective and that is ok really for yourself.I won't buy them because what there telling I already know before they print them.and will not contribute to sells for selling out.So basically it's more personal for me because there is a front door out of the game.when you exit through the rear what you gained as your reputation and work you put in is ruin in 5 minutes what took you 20 years to build.But My life now is to not judge.1985 was also my year as indoctrination into The Prison Gang's as Renee Boxer Enriquez but I'm older I will be 55 my exit date as a Christian was 2011... 26 long years in it... 30 years today... total in the life.I left that way for a reason.Silent you have gained my respect by your realness and your position then in the life and now as a Brother of mine in Christ.You will be my friend untill the end "AMLNR" BJ Thats All My Love N Respect.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » April 1st, 2015, 11:06 pm

Silent...Just to give you a little more insight.NF could possibly be more stuctured. Then the "Mob" but the "mob"(EME) has been around since "1957" and have established more influence on the streets as well as in prison...there control is only from what I see and hear from know special sources by my own observation "only"there control has been slipping because of the Numbers of the Sureno's being the biggest Hispanic disruptive group or gang in the California Prison System and elsewhere! they have no "leadership" The Sureno's When you haven't the right "leadership in a large gang with the Leadership behind locked behind closed
doors they can only steer by being present in body sight and mind.For Control...There control is not completely lost nor will it probably ever be.but when your recruiting process has been on hold for many years.You lose Control.They are in 9/out of 10 wars in every prison in the system.Out of Control is what they are.Nobody knows how to drive there cars period and silent you if anybody understand where I'm going with this thought that's what has been happening for some time now true story.BJ.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » April 2nd, 2015, 4:14 am

Hey there my Brother Bumperjack! I agree with your view points. I have definitely considered not buying them books for the reasons stated by you. I am just trying to learn all that I can though, so sometimes I do. They are not all bad either. Big D's book is an example of someone who left the right way. I think you would enjoy that one BJ. Dude was a righteous man of God! Anyhow, the game is definitely a run away train at this point. You wouldnt believe how many Nortenos and Surenos I cross paths with daily out here. I am a couple states away and I see them daily. Take care and God bless BJ, Silent!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » April 2nd, 2015, 3:15 pm

Silent,Big D's book sounds like I could be interested?send me a link please on it.I totally get it why you buy them "books" and hey it is useful information and it has "validity" to some degree! no argument there for sure.
For me like I stated it's only a personal thing really.
Well read and informed is always better then thinking or guessing.What the reality & truth is.
AMLNR BJ

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » April 2nd, 2015, 3:21 pm

Silent...Believe it or not the program or non profit

organization I work for now have a few of your Homies ex Norteno's froNorteno' s
And they both been to prison also and are doing well.
Yeah Sureno's & Norteno's are everywhere brother.
Just like bloods & Crips it's a trip.
Out here in Sac.I rarely run into Sureno's alot of Red Rag's (Northerners)

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » April 2nd, 2015, 3:23 pm

Silent I meant from San Jose they are from San Jo :lol: your two homies you might know them?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » April 2nd, 2015, 5:57 pm

Check your e mail in a day or two bumperjack! I will send you some links. I am driving right now but I will hit you up soon.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » April 3rd, 2015, 11:18 am

Thank You Silent I responded to your email check yours now my brother.God Bless you.BJ.