Loyalty and Betrayal by Armando "Chunky" Ibarra (Mexican Mafia)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Loyalty and Betrayal by Armando "Chunky" Ibarra (Mexican Mafia)

Unread post by silentwssj » January 19th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Link: https://amzn.to/2LE1LU2

This book is written by Armando "Chunky" Ibarra! It is the personal story of a Sureno who is trying to gain admission into the EME. The story centers around him being released from Pelican Bay with "marching orders" to organize his neighborhood for the purpose of taxes being kicked up to EME member Mike Lerma. "Chunky" is from an inland empire neighborhood. In a nutshell he is betrayed by one of his affiliates who is skimming money instead of turning it in to Lerma's wife. This puts him on the green light list. Instead of running for his life he actually goes to war with his Varrio. I never could figure out if this book was real or just a good story? It definitely mentions the names of real EME members though. The book ends abruptly without concluding itself. This leads me to believe that there will be a sequel coming later. It was an easy read, only 131 pages. I read it completely in about 3-4 hours. It is ok if you want to read a personal story based on real life events that an EME Camarada would face. I guess it would give the reader a glimpse into the life so to speak! I thought it was to short to be honest though. It definitely left me wondering is this fiction or non fiction? I would compare its style to "Just like Compton" by Kevon gulley. Both books are written as "hood" novels.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: loyalty and betrayal

Unread post by RuthlessCray » January 19th, 2014, 6:19 pm

What neighborhood is he from?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by silentwssj » January 19th, 2014, 8:01 pm

He is from Verdugo, Mount Vernon, 14th street! the book was ok. It had a good flow and it kept me waiting for a grand finale. The problem was the grand finale never came. It ended real abruptly. Makes me wonder if there is not going to be a part two? All the EME members that are spoken about are definitely real. It makes me wonder if this is really his story, or just a "Hood" novel that uses real peoples names.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » August 17th, 2016, 11:19 am

how did i miss this book, about to order it right now.

https://amzn.to/2LE1LU2
Attachments
20595720.jpg
20595720.jpg (40.18 KiB) Viewed 6638 times