Suburban Gangs: Affluent Rebels by Danny Korem

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Suburban Gangs: Affluent Rebels by Danny Korem

Unread post by Invincible » May 6th, 2005, 1:00 am


Bo$$
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 80
Joined: April 17th, 2005, 7:22 am

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Bo$$ » May 6th, 2005, 4:30 am

Suburban gangs...sounds like a croc of shit to me homie. Suburban cats should just stick with they skateboards an what not, and lay off the fucking gangsta culture that fasinates them so much...

Anonymous20

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 6th, 2005, 6:32 am

why do everybody think suburbs are soft?
Compton is a suburb acording to eazy-e's site..
there are alot of Suburbs where there is poverty etc.

Anonymous20

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Anonymous20 » May 6th, 2005, 6:33 am

"The city of Compton, south of Los Angeles and number 12 on the list of poorest suburbs of the United States" - http://www.eazy-e.com/eazy-e-compton.html

Bo$$
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 80
Joined: April 17th, 2005, 7:22 am

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Bo$$ » May 6th, 2005, 6:53 am

Yeah ok i know compton is officially a suburb of LA, but whenever someone uses the term ''sub-urb'' then most people including me think of white families with big houses with a huge back yard full of pretty flowers and what have you....you know exactly what i mean nigga.
I dont even call compton a suburb I consider it a city by itself.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by se11 » May 6th, 2005, 1:52 pm

alot of suburbs aren't rich white families in big houses. i've seen real shitty suburbs with a mixed people living their.

User avatar
WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 852
Joined: November 11th, 2004, 10:06 pm
Location: ChicagoBurbia
Contact:

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by WhiteBoy » May 6th, 2005, 3:41 pm

Bo$$ wrote:Yeah ok i know compton is officially a suburb of LA, but whenever someone uses the term ''sub-urb'' then most people including me think of white families with big houses with a huge back yard full of pretty flowers and what have you....you know exactly what i mean nigga.
I dont even call compton a suburb I consider it a city by itself.

double standard of ignorance.

User avatar
Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1104
Joined: April 1st, 2005, 9:35 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Dr Funky » May 6th, 2005, 4:06 pm

The word suburb is not a good word to classify what topic this is about. The city of Compton is actually cosidered a suburb. I think it's because there are houses with yards. However if it were all large buildings and skyscrapers then it would be considered as a city in the books. You need to rename this topic "Wealthy neighborhood gangs"

User avatar
Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1104
Joined: April 1st, 2005, 9:35 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Dr Funky » May 6th, 2005, 4:09 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:
Bo$$ wrote:Yeah ok i know compton is officially a suburb of LA, but whenever someone uses the term ''sub-urb'' then most people including me think of white families with big houses with a huge back yard full of pretty flowers and what have you....you know exactly what i mean nigga.
I dont even call compton a suburb I consider it a city by itself.


Actually WhiteBoy he is correct. I believe if an area has 40,000 or more people it can be classified as a city.

User avatar
Urban_Outlawz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 27
Joined: April 28th, 2005, 4:11 pm

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Urban_Outlawz » May 6th, 2005, 6:02 pm

TheWatcher wrote:why do everybody think suburbs are soft?
Compton is a suburb acording to eazy-e's site..
there are alot of Suburbs where there is poverty etc.


exactly, I was thinking the same thing.

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Invincible » May 6th, 2005, 9:29 pm

Dr Funky wrote:The word suburb is not a good word to classify what topic this is about. The city of Compton is actually cosidered a suburb. I think it's because there are houses with yards. However if it were all large buildings and skyscrapers then it would be considered as a city in the books. You need to rename this topic "Wealthy neighborhood gangs"


I walked through a neighboorhood of houses on 103rd street in watts near Jordan Downs.

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Invincible » May 6th, 2005, 9:30 pm

Dr Funky wrote:
WhiteBoy wrote:
Bo$$ wrote:Yeah ok i know compton is officially a suburb of LA, but whenever someone uses the term ''sub-urb'' then most people including me think of white families with big houses with a huge back yard full of pretty flowers and what have you....you know exactly what i mean nigga.
I dont even call compton a suburb I consider it a city by itself.


Actually WhiteBoy he is correct. I believe if an area has 40,000 or more people it can be classified as a city.


but the city will technically still be a suburb of even a bigger city. take Pasadena for instance, its a fairly large city but its still a suburb of L.A and in its shadows like the rest of LA county.

User avatar
Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1104
Joined: April 1st, 2005, 9:35 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Dr Funky » May 6th, 2005, 9:39 pm

Yeah thah kinda goes back to what I said before. People who do survey's like to classify areas with houses as suburbs even if they may be one of the most dangerous places in the country. It's almost as if to them if it's not New York it's not a city. Anyways I don't know a lot about LA but I've seen the movies and pictures.

User avatar
WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 852
Joined: November 11th, 2004, 10:06 pm
Location: ChicagoBurbia
Contact:

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by WhiteBoy » May 7th, 2005, 1:01 pm

pleanty of fake ass clown dogs that claim to gang bang cause they have a nice car and rims or what ever,,, but all they are doing is taking clean money and making it dirty.. i wish i didn't feel like the only way out was through some criminal enterprise.. shit aint easy cause your white, doors don't fly open and you get special privileges or anything,, i wish i had money that i could just take and make dirty, spend legit cash on drugs and shit,,,
man fukk all that i just wanna get a car and my own crib and until i meet my goals im not gonna give up. by any means necessary.

User avatar
Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1104
Joined: April 1st, 2005, 9:35 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Dr Funky » May 7th, 2005, 1:24 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:pleanty of fake ass clown dogs that claim to gang bang cause they have a nice car and rims or what ever,,, but all they are doing is taking clean money and making it dirty.. i wish i didn't feel like the only way out was through some criminal enterprise.. shit aint easy cause your white, doors don't fly open and you get special privileges or anything,, i wish i had money that i could just take and make dirty, spend legit cash on drugs and shit,,,
man #%@& all that i just wanna get a car and my own crib and until i meet my goals im not gonna give up. by any means necessary.


It is impossible to get a job here. I've applied to about 10 places and nobody has called. You need to know somebody who already has a job to hook you up with them.

User avatar
WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 852
Joined: November 11th, 2004, 10:06 pm
Location: ChicagoBurbia
Contact:

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by WhiteBoy » May 7th, 2005, 1:47 pm

it doesn't work that way homie, no one is gonna give you shit.
you have to call in and call in and call in and finally you might get ahold of a manager and ask him or her for an interview... thats what ive been doing for the longest and finally got a break at sub-way,,, its cool cause the bus runs that way so i don't have to walk,,, thats my main problem, since i got a dui i can't drive any more. fu--in a.
make yourself valuable, sell yourself,, make them want you...

User avatar
Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1104
Joined: April 1st, 2005, 9:35 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Dr Funky » May 7th, 2005, 2:01 pm

DAMN! I am a lazy muthfukka!

User avatar
WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 852
Joined: November 11th, 2004, 10:06 pm
Location: ChicagoBurbia
Contact:

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by WhiteBoy » May 7th, 2005, 9:05 pm

Dr Funky wrote:DAMN! I am a lazy muthfukka!

thats why you aint got no job homie....

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 940
Joined: July 26th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by DC » May 8th, 2005, 12:20 am

The thing with finding jobs is that 80% go unadvertised in what is called the under ground Job market, these jobs are filled by people who network and have connections to people in the industry like friends.
What I suggest you do is compile a list of as many companies that you would like to work for and email every one of them your Resume.
Trust me something will come up, this is how I have landed most of my jobs.

User avatar
Tyrant
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 547
Joined: March 13th, 2005, 9:56 pm
Location: C-Town

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by Tyrant » May 9th, 2005, 12:10 am

WhiteBoy wrote:make yourself valuable, sell yourself,, make them want you...

that s--- sound dirty whiteboy :lol:

str8outtaeastldn
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: May 10th, 2005, 2:25 pm

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by str8outtaeastldn » May 10th, 2005, 4:06 pm

Slakcs n a Tshirt wrote:
WhiteBoy wrote:make yourself valuable, sell yourself,, make them want you...

that s--- sound dirty whiteboy :lol:


lolol

User avatar
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: December 23rd, 2004, 11:11 am
Location: England

Re: Suburban gangs

Unread post by NW10 » May 10th, 2005, 4:57 pm

WhiteBoy wrote:
Bo$$ wrote:Yeah ok i know compton is officially a suburb of LA, but whenever someone uses the term ''sub-urb'' then most people including me think of white families with big houses with a huge back yard full of pretty flowers and what have you....you know exactly what i mean nigga.
I dont even call compton a suburb I consider it a city by itself.

double standard of ignorance.


Yeah.

I suppose everyone thinks cities are just high rise blocks of apartments. Lots of inner cities are low rise too. Row housing like that in Philly

City of Compton, is it any wonder you consider it a city wiv a name like that.

suburbs just means on the outskirts of the city anyways. So if you look at LA boundary you could say Venice, San Pedro and the North Valley are suburbs

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » May 17th, 2005, 12:30 pm

Venice is in LA city.

User avatar
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: December 23rd, 2004, 11:11 am
Location: England

Unread post by NW10 » May 23rd, 2005, 8:11 am

Silencioso wrote:Venice is in LA city.


I know, thats what i just said above. Suburbs doesnt necessarily mean another town outside the city boundary. There are suburbs within cities, thats why i said Venice could be an LA suburb cos its on the outside of LA irrespective of whether it is part of LA city or not. The other places i mentioned are all within LA City aswell

cbi562
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 456
Joined: June 24th, 2004, 8:23 pm
Location: Where Sognohc Die!

Unread post by cbi562 » May 23rd, 2005, 11:49 pm

The whole Valley is considered a suburban area. Do you know how many gangbangers is out here? The fact is that since we have these gangsters surrounding us - most of the kids out here fake the funk and pose.

Low_Dogg
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 104
Joined: May 9th, 2005, 10:36 am

Unread post by Low_Dogg » May 25th, 2005, 8:20 am

suburb gangs is a joke.white street G'z iz a joke too.wyte boyz iz soft as fuck

User avatar
puffpuffgive
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 207
Joined: April 26th, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: FFM CITY

Unread post by puffpuffgive » May 25th, 2005, 9:04 am

white boys are all soft??? i would stomp your fruity ass just for looking mad at me...guess youve never left your ghtto in your entire life bitch

User avatar
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 873
Joined: December 23rd, 2004, 11:11 am
Location: England

Unread post by NW10 » May 25th, 2005, 11:28 am

Low_Dogg wrote:suburb gangs is a joke.white street G'z iz a joke too.wyte boyz iz soft as fu--


This is just plain ignorance. Even Bloods and Crips can be found in suburban areas of LA (West Covina). Hispanic gangs too can be found in suburban areas. White street Gz is a joke? Why cos they in white neighbourhoods?

Why do people always wanna make their race sound to be the hardest and toughest? Poverty, Crime, Drugs, Gangs it aint a color thing a race thing. It can effect anyone no matter what your background is

User avatar
Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1104
Joined: April 1st, 2005, 9:35 pm
Location: Niagara Falls

Unread post by Dr Funky » May 25th, 2005, 5:36 pm

NW10 wrote:
Low_Dogg wrote:suburb gangs is a joke.white street G'z iz a joke too.wyte boyz iz soft as fu--


This is just plain ignorance. Even Bloods and Crips can be found in suburban areas of LA (West Covina). Hispanic gangs too can be found in suburban areas. White street Gz is a joke? Why cos they in white neighbourhoods?

Why do people always wanna make their race sound to be the hardest and toughest? Poverty, Crime, Drugs, Gangs it aint a color thing a race thing. It can effect anyone no matter what your background is


I think he was talking about all the kids whose parents belong to the country clubs and the whole family goes on their yahts during the weekend and then the kid blasts 50 cent in his room and where's durags and super baggy pants along with all of his other friends and they live in happy acres or whatever.

I don't think he's talking about the actually dangerous white groups like the mafia's or the hate groups.

User avatar
SiNN702
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 148
Joined: February 5th, 2005, 6:12 pm
Location: Las Vegas 702

Unread post by SiNN702 » May 25th, 2005, 6:24 pm

The only Suburban gang I ever heard of is these clowns out here in vegas that call themselves the "311 boys" I wouldnt even call'em a gang they more like a crew but dont nobody out here show these marks no respect all they do is jump white kids and fuck with houses under construction. They clowns straight up they never do nothing real they stay way out in Summerlin (an upper class part of vegas) they never bring they ass to the east or west or noth poppin off. They know better than that.

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Unread post by Invincible » May 26th, 2005, 2:55 am

Dr Funky wrote:
NW10 wrote:
Low_Dogg wrote:suburb gangs is a joke.white street G'z iz a joke too.wyte boyz iz soft as fu--


This is just plain ignorance. Even Bloods and Crips can be found in suburban areas of LA (West Covina). Hispanic gangs too can be found in suburban areas. White street Gz is a joke? Why cos they in white neighbourhoods?

Why do people always wanna make their race sound to be the hardest and toughest? Poverty, Crime, Drugs, Gangs it aint a color thing a race thing. It can effect anyone no matter what your background is


I think he was talking about all the kids whose parents belong to the country clubs and the whole family goes on their yahts during the weekend and then the kid blasts 50 cent in his room and where's durags and super baggy pants along with all of his other friends and they live in happy acres or whatever.

I don't think he's talking about the actually dangerous white groups like the mafia's or the hate groups.


or bikers or the homless or the drug abusers.

User avatar
Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2614
Joined: December 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Unread post by Invincible » May 26th, 2005, 2:56 am

NW10 wrote:
Low_Dogg wrote:suburb gangs is a joke.white street G'z iz a joke too.wyte boyz iz soft as fu--


This is just plain ignorance. Even Bloods and Crips can be found in suburban areas of LA (West Covina). Hispanic gangs too can be found in suburban areas. White street Gz is a joke? Why cos they in white neighbourhoods?

Why do people always wanna make their race sound to be the hardest and toughest? Poverty, Crime, Drugs, Gangs it aint a color thing a race thing. It can effect anyone no matter what your background is


I thought west covina was a good safe area?

Post Reply

Return to “Book & Magazine Club”