The Real Toronto (2005)

What are the hottest books and magazine articles on urban culture, hip hop, and street life?
What TV shows, major films, documentaries and independent footage do you find compelling? Video games are also discussed in this section.
A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 6th, 2005, 9:08 pm

PS, I can understand if Toronto has at least some level of crime, there's millions of people there. Zero crime would be impossible.

It's just that, some people are trying to make it sound like it's like Baghdad or something.

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » December 6th, 2005, 10:24 pm

Kid? Who the fuck u callin a kid?

not_the_one
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by not_the_one » December 6th, 2005, 10:31 pm

JKS JKS JKS.. I am jokin, i got nothin against ya, so why dun u cum down 2 ma hood n see what ur sup against, i would surely be responsible for anything that happens to u(shooting, stabbing, beating, jacking, robbing, etc.), but really, u think i am crazy enough to go to the usa? They had a total of over 20 million crimes in 1 year, which is fucked for my taste, giving the resamblace between ur hood n' ma hood, ur hood iz even more fucked, but if ur hood iz fucked, then someone must have robbed ur computer, so how iz dis possible that u can even afford 1??? I can cause i make a living from what i do, so i dun get robbed by some str8 marks that just want to look cool by robbing a somebody, no u tell me, who would we, a somebody or a nobody????? U dun belive meh that im a somebody, then go to "Krews In Ur Hood". But anywayz, i got no shit with ya, so peace n' stick to the topic.

Ma bwoi iz gettin the real toronto for meh soon, i wanna see what itz like.............................................................................................................

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 6th, 2005, 11:18 pm

not_the_one wrote:JKS JKS JKS.. I am jokin, i got nothin against ya, so why dun u cum down 2 ma hood n see what ur sup against, i would surely be responsible for anything that happens to u(shooting, stabbing, beating, jacking, robbing, etc.), but really, u think i am crazy enough to go to the usa? They had a total of over 20 million crimes in 1 year, which is #%@& for my taste, giving the resamblace between ur hood n' ma hood, ur hood iz even more #%@&, but if ur hood iz #%@&, then someone must have robbed ur computer, so how iz dis possible that u can even afford 1??? I can cause i make a living from what i do, so i dun get robbed by some str8 marks that just want to look cool by robbing a somebody, no u tell me, who would we, a somebody or a nobody????? U dun belive meh that im a somebody, then go to "Krews In Ur Hood". But anywayz, i got no shit with ya, so peace n' stick to the topic.

Ma bwoi iz gettin the real toronto for meh soon, i wanna see what itz like.............................................................................................................
How can I afford my computer? I worked an entire year for it. I'm a custodial worker. I need it for school.

I tend to believe that maybe you yourself aren't from the neighborhoods you talk about. Because if you were I'm sure you wouldn't be glorifying it, you would be condemning it.

What you're talking about is nothing new. American cities have been experiencing the same thing for 40 years. And on a much larger scale.

All the Canadians I ever met were nice. It's kind of hard to be scared of somebody who speaks French. (No Offense)

One time I saw a Canadian thug. He was Middle Eastern. He had on so much Platinum on him he would have been able to recieve HBO. I think somebody neglected to tell him that if you walk through a real ghetto not only will he get jacked for the platinum, he'll also get robbed for his clothes.

I tried to tell him and he said (In broken English) "I know Hood, I OK."

It's a very confusing situation. :?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 6th, 2005, 11:32 pm

PS, I don't think that it's worth debating this issue with you, I read what you wrote in "Introduce Yourself"

You're insane.

impact

Unread post by impact » December 7th, 2005, 1:02 pm

I watched the whole movie. Pure comedy. Seriously, the parents of those kids should be ashamed. I'm sure theres a few people that hold shit down up there, but the rest of you are posers. It's pathetic. I mean, that scene with the 4 guys outside by the kids park tryin to rap about "the struggle". One white guy, a paki, a crackhead lookin black guy, and one guy who i think was paki too. Lookin like the fantastic four or some shit. Yea, it must be a REAL rough neighborhood, since in all rough neighborhoods theres huge parks that kids play in unsupervised. Seriously, you make Canada look bad.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 11th, 2005, 1:35 am

if canada has such better living standards than why is it there are people coming in and moving from Canada to the U.S but hardly any the other way?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 11th, 2005, 5:13 pm

Invincible wrote:if canada has such better living standards than why is it there are people coming in and moving from Canada to the U.S but hardly any the other way?
Because our money is worth more. Image

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » December 11th, 2005, 8:34 pm

a WISE PERSON WOULD SAY THAT U,S IS A PLACE TO MAKE MONEY WHILE CANADA IS CONSIDERED A RETIREMENT HOME.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 11th, 2005, 8:38 pm

North Face wrote:a WISE PERSON WOULD SAY THAT U,S IS A PLACE TO MAKE MONEY WHILE CANADA IS CONSIDERED A RETIREMENT HOME.
I was kidding, I have no idea why Canadians move here.

I always thought of Florida as a retirement home, not Canada, however Canada does not sound bad as a place to retire to...

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » December 12th, 2005, 11:10 am

Florida? u kiddn me.... ma cuzins moved here from florida cause of to many hurricanes. besides florida is just a good place to visit a place to enjoy the sun but not to retire. Heck ide retire back to my native homeland and die there.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 12th, 2005, 11:15 am

When I think of Florida I think of nothing but 85 year old retired New Yorkers complaing about how they have to pay $5.95 for a Hamburger.

However you're right too many hurricanes, and I hear that the crime is getting pretty bad.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 12th, 2005, 11:20 am

PS

However, there's crime anywhere you go. So anyplace that doesn't have Hurricanes, or Tornadoes will be good for me.

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » December 13th, 2005, 12:25 am

the only thing toronto gots to fear is the arctic cold. remember the movie the day after tommorow? im pretty sure most of us seen that so im telling you now....BE PREPARED!!!

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 13th, 2005, 8:22 am

North Face wrote:the only thing toronto gots to fear is the arctic cold. remember the movie the day after tommorow? im pretty sure most of us seen that so im telling you now....BE PREPARED!!!
LMAO!

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » December 14th, 2005, 2:46 pm

okay guys the thing is that canada is at about the same stage developmentally that the US cites were at lets say 40 or 50 years ago. Canada is still a developping country. The states went through their rush of immigration and then as a result, a lack of enough jobs for everyone, and as a result of that, a rise in poverty and in return a rise in crime. Canada is starting to experience that now. No one is copying anyone, this is just how poverty affects society. A spread in crime. Use your head, guys. Canada might not look as 'hard' as american cities at this point, but believe me, in some areas canada is getting bad bad bad, and its spreading.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 14th, 2005, 2:54 pm

NoPeace wrote:okay guys the thing is that canada is at about the same stage developmentally that the US cites were at lets say 40 or 50 years ago. Canada is still a developping country. The states went through their rush of immigration and then as a result, a lack of enough jobs for everyone, and as a result of that, a rise in poverty and in return a rise in crime. Canada is starting to experience that now. No one is copying anyone, this is just how poverty affects society. A spread in crime. Use your head, guys. Canada might not look as 'hard' as american cities at this point, but believe me, in some areas canada is getting bad bad bad, and its spreading.
So then do you believe that within the next 30 years it will be on the same level as the US?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The way this country is going i'll be surprised if we don't end up a third world country in 20 years.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 15th, 2005, 11:47 am

PS, 60 homicides itself isn't anything to laugh at.

I understand that. If people want to be taken seriously, then they need to stop glorifying the violence.

I understand that Toronto has crime, any society that doesn't have it is impossible.

As a matter of fact, I'll go ahead and post some pics of some not-so-nice parts of Toronto.

(Why would anybody put ads on a crackhouse)^^^

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 15th, 2005, 11:49 am

I'm not changing my stance, I still believe that it is safer top live there, than a lot of other places.

But I'm sure Toronto isn't the only place without a "seedy" area.

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » December 16th, 2005, 11:10 pm

are you saying that you don't think toronto has any seedy areas?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 16th, 2005, 11:32 pm

NoPeace wrote:are you saying that you don't think toronto has any seedy areas?
No, I'm saying Toronto must have a seedy area. That it does have one.

The internet is confusing.

I'm saying that a city with zero crime is impossible.

Yes I know Toronto has seedy areas. That's why I posted the pics.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 16th, 2005, 11:33 pm

PS, I screwed up the writing on the one post.

It should read

"But I'm sure Toronto has a "seedy" area."

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » December 17th, 2005, 12:11 am

oh okay.

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » December 19th, 2005, 7:15 pm

alright so i watched the dvd today, it was kindof weird actually...

i'm sure the people in the video are putting in work cause they were packing and shit, but the actual neighborhoods they were strolling in didn't look hard one bit. I know looks can be deceiving, but that was weird. Nicely manicured lawns, parks, etc. I know that can't be the slummiest places in Toronto..

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 19th, 2005, 7:49 pm

NoPeace wrote:alright so i watched the dvd today, it was kindof weird actually...

i'm sure the people in the video are putting in work cause they were packing and shit, but the actual neighborhoods they were strolling in didn't look hard one bit. I know looks can be deceiving, but that was weird. Nicely manicured lawns, parks, etc. I know that can't be the slummiest places in Toronto..
Hmmm, I've got to see this thing...

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » December 19th, 2005, 11:06 pm

no need i thought it was a joke.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 20th, 2005, 3:08 am

A Ghost wrote:PS, 60 homicides itself isn't anything to laugh at.

I understand that. If people want to be taken seriously, then they need to stop glorifying the violence.

I understand that Toronto has crime, any society that doesn't have it is impossible.

As a matter of fact, I'll go ahead and post some pics of some not-so-nice parts of Toronto.

that looks so fuking ghetto, whats with the posters?

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » December 20th, 2005, 8:13 am

Invincible wrote:

that looks so #%@& ghetto, whats with the posters?
LOL Beats me, I got it from that Urban Decay website

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 20th, 2005, 7:02 pm

Invincible wrote:

that looks so #%@& ghetto, whats with the posters?
^^ Okay I can tell some of you never really go inside big cities, regardles of if you live in them or not.

That is everywhere, especially in LA and NY (visited NY two times) Advertisers do that everywhere. They have programs that people promise to hand out or post a certain amount of posters for $ and then they usually just do that. It's pretty common in downtown/business areas.

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » December 21st, 2005, 3:36 pm

yea that shit is standard. plastered up rows of posters for concerts, movies, whatever.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 21st, 2005, 4:48 pm

especially cd's

NoPeace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NoPeace » December 23rd, 2005, 7:51 pm

yeah, anything related to the entertainment industry really. movie premiers, cd releases, concerts, whatever.