Racial clashes surge in Valley

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
funk on site
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Racial clashes surge in Valley

Unread post by funk on site » January 4th, 2007, 3:46 pm

Gang violence moves from jail to the streets

BY SUE DOYLE, Staff Writer
LA Daily News

CANOGA PARK - Racial tension that percolated in Los Angeles County jails this year has boiled over to San Fernando Valley streets, where Latino gang members are targeting African-Americans in random attacks.

Blacks have been the targets in nine of 12 attempted-murder cases reported since July in the Canoga Park area, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

"The people getting shot are the guy walking down the street; they're innocent victims," said Lt. Tom Smart of the West Valley's Gang Impact Team. "They don't appear to have any gang membership or affiliation."

The attacks are evidence of racial tension that started in Los Angeles' diverse neighborhoods, shifted to the county jails and is now spreading to the relatively safe West Valley. Two inmates have been killed and scores of others injured this year in racial brawls at Los Angeles County jails.

"We believe it's an outgrowth of some conflict we've seen in the county jail system where there have been fights along race lines," said Deputy Chief Michel Moore, the Valley's top cop. "We believe gang members are targeting others and vice versa."

Blacks were targeted this year in 14 of the West Valley's 23 reported hate crimes. Race was a motivating factor in the nine attempted-murder cases, as well, although they haven't been classified as hate crimes, Smart said. Last week, a 17-year-old local Latino gang member was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in the attack on a 17-year-old African-American, Smart said.

In addition, two Canoga Park gang members, ages 17 and 18, were also recently arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, and detectives are investigating their links to other recent shootings and assaults.

Across the West Valley, brown-on-black violence has spiked in the past year. There have been 80 crimes against African-Americans as of last week with Latinos as suspects, compared with 37 last year, 51 in 2004, 22 in 2003 and two dozen in 2002.

"It's distressing to hear these situations are taking place not only in our jails and prisons but in the public streets of the city of Los Angeles," said Los Angeles City Councilman Dennis Zine, a retired police sergeant. "It's unacceptable in our society to have this type of heinous crime."

Teaming up with the FBI

To tackle gang violence in the Valley, the LAPD has teamed up with the FBI to bring more law enforcement officials to the streets.

Los Angeles police, local youth clubs and community groups are also combining forces through the San Fernando Valley Coalition on Gangs to coordinate a steady stream of activities and opportunities for young people, particularly in Canoga Park. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said law enforcement and city officials must do everything possible to end the violence.

"We will not tolerate hate crimes in the city of Los Angeles," Villaraigosa said in an interview Wednesday. "We will do everything we can to stop them." While there are some serious racial issues among African-Americans and Latinos living in L.A., there are also many communities where the groups peacefully coexist, said Blair H. Taylor, president of the Los Angeles Urban League.

"Quite frankly, I think there's more and more of a need for increased understanding between blacks and Latinos," Taylor said. "We have far more in common than differences. We will be stronger united than divided."

Blacks targeted

But when it comes to violent crimes, blacks are usually the target, frequently with gangs.

In Highland Park six years ago, an African-American man waiting for a bus was fatally shot by Highland Park gang members who, a year earlier, gunned down a black man as he looked for a parking space.

The gang members had conspired to harass blacks to drive them out of their neighborhoods and also to stop them from moving in, according to the federal prosecutors who put the men on trial earlier this year. For participating in the conspiracy, three Latino gang members were sentenced in November to life in federal prison.

In October, seven black college students in Ventura County were threatened during a home-invasion robbery and told to move out of the largely Latino neighborhood where they rented a home. The five Latino gunmen were likely gang members who targeted the students because of their race, said Ventura County sheriff's Capt. Ron Nelson.

Hate crimes are unusual for Ventura County, but is typical behavior from gangs that want to control their turf, Nelson said. In L.A. County, where hate crimes have dropped about 30 percent from last year, blacks are more frequently targeted in growing areas, including Palmdale, Lancaster and Santa Clarita.

"Most of the ones I see when the blacks are victims is when they are in an area that has been traditionally Hispanic or white," said Detective Dan Zumer of the sheriff's Hate Crime Task Force. "I don't see a lot of them, but in most cases, that is the situation."

Varies by year

Although annual studies by the county Commission on Human Relations consistently show African-Americans are the No. 1 targeted hate group, some years see fewer crimes against blacks than others, said Commissioner Zedar Broadous, former president of the San Fernando Valley chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

But crimes against African-Americans are nothing new, he added. "There's a reality in America. It's the elephant in the room," Broadous said. "African-Americans are still discriminated against. African-Americans make easy targets. That's a stark reality."

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 4th, 2007, 6:47 pm

the police aint gonna do shit, like they didn't so shit when so many niggas was hung in the 20s, 30's and so on. Niggas gotta do for self. come as one.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » January 4th, 2007, 7:34 pm

perongregory wrote:the police aint gonna do shit, like they didn't so shit when so many niggas was hung in the 20s, 30's and so on. Niggas gotta do for self. come as one.
I concur.. Power on.

cbo woods
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cbo woods » January 9th, 2007, 12:56 pm

eye 4 eye

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » January 9th, 2007, 2:36 pm

But crimes against African-Americans are nothing new, he added. "There's a reality in America. It's the elephant in the room," Broadous said. "African-Americans are still discriminated against. African-Americans make easy targets. That's a stark reality."

WTF? What f@cking elephant in what room? How do african americans make easy targets? I don't get it? If I was black and got stepped to I wouldnt let nobody get at me I would handle my shit like I do now. I would be no target. :x

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 9th, 2007, 4:51 pm

was it like this with the blacks n the latino's out there in the 70's 80's n 90's

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » January 9th, 2007, 7:15 pm

"WTF? What f@cking elephant in what room? How do african americans make easy targets? I don't get it? If I was black and got stepped to I wouldnt let nobody get at me I would handle my shit like I do now. I would be no target. "

You missed the point of that "easy target" remark. He meant far as the legal systems go, taking the life of a Black person usually gets one the least amount of penal time.. Also, maybe your unfamiliar with "the elephant in the room" cliche. It's word play, brotha, read into it some mo'.

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » January 9th, 2007, 8:01 pm

Feed me the real. I can't be that ignorant? Why are blacks so vulnerable? Elephants stay in the zoo? I respect my black people I kick it with but do not promote attacks against black people in my hood?

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » January 10th, 2007, 4:35 pm

You far from ignorant, my dude and I see no reason to feed you the real as I think you know the real. Muthafuck an article, muthafuckas playing target practice with kids, cops shooting dudes fifty times, and what??!! I feel it's not a matter of being vunerable, it's more about being accessible.

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » January 10th, 2007, 5:20 pm

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:35 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You far from ignorant, my dude and I see no reason to feed you the real as I think you know the real. Muthafuck an article, muthafuckas playing target practice with kids, cops shooting dudes fifty times, and what??!! I feel it's not a matter of being vunerable, it's more about being accessible.

WTF being "accessible" I guess I mistake being vulnerable and being " accessible?" as one in the same. Do you mean you are being hunted? I would not let that happen to my fam by no means! I stand as a man in front of my fam as a warrior and do not make excuses at all. I protect mine. :!:

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » January 10th, 2007, 7:23 pm

I feel what you're saying as anyone who tried to harm mine would be met with HELL but it's not quite that simple.. When innocents/noncombatants start getting merc'd and randomly at that, all that protect me and mine talk has to be shelved. The only option is to eliminate those perpetrating the evils..

ps- vulnerable and accessible aren't really the same but i respect your outlook..

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » January 10th, 2007, 8:09 pm

I give love to you and youres plus my niggs from the 818 pacoima style?

xXxJQVxXx

Unread post by xXxJQVxXx » January 11th, 2007, 12:46 am

man muthaf*%k them CP13's and all those racist surs man i been gettin sweated by them foo's all my life this article is the truth, that shit aint no muthafuckin joke

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » January 11th, 2007, 2:25 am

you from out there? See the thing is, if blacks started protection groups again then we would just be labeled as seditious racist. I can see it now, "THe black gangs have turned their criminal activity into racist and seditious acts against the government and other races". A black man just can't win.

PolarAC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by PolarAC » January 27th, 2007, 2:28 pm

perongregory wrote:you from out there? See the thing is, if blacks started protection groups again then we would just be labeled as seditious racist. I can see it now, "THe black gangs have turned their criminal activity into racist and seditious acts against the government and other races". A black man just can't win.
Regardless,

If them baldheads keep acting up like they are, brothas are gonna have to something. If they kept it gang vs gang, thats one thing, but we can't let them take out innocents like the Klan did back in the day. Can't go through that sheet again.

StreetKnowledge
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by StreetKnowledge » January 27th, 2007, 7:51 pm

Lol I Wonder Will There Even Be Blacks In The L.A Area, In A Few More Years. It Seems Like In A Few More Years Niggas Aint Even Going To Be Able To Come Out The House, Without Duckin From The Eses.

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » January 27th, 2007, 8:14 pm

It aint gotta be like that. As far as I know we do get along with each other,it is just the ignorant youngsters trying to come up who are fucking shit up . Most of my mentors aka father figures in my hood are local older black males and chicano forefathers who overcame the BS of the 60's and so on. It sounds old and diluted but "divided we fall, United we stand" Raise that fist up, and step up to the game. Unidos revivimos.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » January 27th, 2007, 9:47 pm

I tell you what Villaraigosa is NOT gonna do $hit but sell wolf tickets. These cowards smashin on innocent victims aint got $hit to do with the joint. As far as niggas cant come outside? please whites tried to hang, rape and mame blacks for years. Did they go away? Hellz no. This conflict really hits home for me because I have family members from sets on both sides. LA just aint the same.

PolarAC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by PolarAC » February 1st, 2007, 5:13 pm

WIP wrote: This conflict really hits home for me because I have family members from sets on both sides. LA just aint the same.
You and me both.

junta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by junta » February 2nd, 2007, 4:19 pm

WIP wrote:I tell you what Villaraigosa is NOT gonna do $hit but sell wolf tickets. These cowards smashin on innocent victims aint got $hit to do with the joint. As far as niggas cant come outside? please whites tried to hang, rape and mame blacks for years. Did they go away? Hellz no. This conflict really hits home for me because I have family members from sets on both sides. LA just aint the same.
Well you among other blacks like myslef need to tell your gang associates to blast on these essays and put they asses in cemetaries. Not the innocent essays, the gang fags. Somebody needs to hold those fag ass spics in the Mexican Mafia in jail accountable, get the word out now NIGGAS!

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » February 2nd, 2007, 8:19 pm

junta wrote:
WIP wrote:I tell you what Villaraigosa is NOT gonna do $hit but sell wolf tickets. These cowards smashin on innocent victims aint got $hit to do with the joint. As far as niggas cant come outside? please whites tried to hang, rape and mame blacks for years. Did they go away? Hellz no. This conflict really hits home for me because I have family members from sets on both sides. LA just aint the same.
Well you among other blacks like myslef need to tell your gang associates to blast on these essays and put they asses in cemetaries. Not the innocent essays, the gang fags. Somebody needs to hold those fag ass spics in the Mexican Mafia in jail accountable, get the word out now NIGGAS!
Oh yeah...that will solve things :roll:

SURENO LINE
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SURENO LINE » February 3rd, 2007, 12:05 pm

FIRST OF ALL THERES SOME PLACES YOU SHOULDN'T BE LATE AT NIGHT ESE.....AND CERTAING PARTS OF CANOGA ARE INCLUDED.....THE 818 AINT WHAT THESE FUKIN PUTOS MAKE IT OUT TO BE...THERES ALOT VIOLENCE AND ALOT GANGS ESE....THERES STRONG HOODS IN EVERY CITY EXCEPT SHERMAN OAKS AND SHIT LIKE THAT.....WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE BLACK PEOPLE CAN HAPPEN IN A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD EASILY ESE.....ASK YOUR SELF DO BLACK PEOPLE GET SHOT WALKING DOWN BLACK NEIGHBOORHOOD IN COMTON, WATTS, THE VALLE OR WHEREVER??/....OF COURSE THEY WOULD AFFILIATED OR NOT ESE SAME WITH MY PEOPLE ESE....WE BLAST EACHOTHER ALL THE TIME HOMIE AND INNOCCENT PEOPLE GET SHOT TOO.....NOW OF COURSE THERE IS BEEF BETWEEN MEXICANS AND BLACKS...BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ESE WE DIDN'T START IT..MY PEOPLE USE TO GET HARASSED BEATEN AND ALL THAT SHIT......NOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED ESE.....AND ALL YOU BLACKS TALKING RIGHT NOW DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY BUT THE OLDER BLACKS DO AND YOU KNOW WHAT??...THEY GOT THE SAME FUKIN HATE IN THEM.........

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » February 3rd, 2007, 2:10 pm

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

junta wrote:
WIP wrote:
I tell you what Villaraigosa is NOT gonna do $hit but sell wolf tickets. These cowards smashin on innocent victims aint got $hit to do with the joint. As far as niggas cant come outside? please whites tried to hang, rape and mame blacks for years. Did they go away? Hellz no. This conflict really hits home for me because I have family members from sets on both sides. LA just aint the same.

Oh yeah...that will solve things

Now thats some ignorant sh@t there. Numbers win battles fool, you don't really want to go to a battle when the opposition outnumbers you a whole 5 fold. "Think" before you drink and speak on your local library computer.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » February 3rd, 2007, 2:14 pm

tecate wrote:Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:19 pm Post subject:

junta wrote:
WIP wrote:

Now thats some ignorant sh@t there. Numbers win battles fool, you don't really want to go to a battle when the opposition outnumbers you a whole 5 fold. "Think" before you drink and speak on your local library computer.
numbers dont always win battles. THis shit is retarded, the actions of Chicanos are gonna make it worse for mexican nationals trying to get here and do there thing.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » February 3rd, 2007, 2:17 pm

Numbers dont always win battles, resources and methodology do, just ask the Israelis.. Shit is retarded, if this thing goes past Cali, West Coast, and Southwest, it's going to look a lot different. That said, I hope it doesnt
cause win or lose, we'll all have hell to pay..

junta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by junta » February 3rd, 2007, 11:44 pm

SURENO LINE wrote:FIRST OF ALL THERES SOME PLACES YOU SHOULDN'T BE LATE AT NIGHT ESE.....AND CERTAING PARTS OF CANOGA ARE INCLUDED.....THE 818 AINT WHAT THESE #%@& PUTOS MAKE IT OUT TO BE...THERES ALOT VIOLENCE AND ALOT GANGS ESE....THERES STRONG HOODS IN EVERY CITY EXCEPT SHERMAN OAKS AND SHIT LIKE THAT.....WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE BLACK PEOPLE CAN HAPPEN IN A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD EASILY ESE.....ASK YOUR SELF DO BLACK PEOPLE GET SHOT WALKING DOWN BLACK NEIGHBOORHOOD IN COMTON, WATTS, THE VALLE OR WHEREVER??/....OF COURSE THEY WOULD AFFILIATED OR NOT ESE SAME WITH MY PEOPLE ESE....WE BLAST EACHOTHER ALL THE TIME HOMIE AND INNOCCENT PEOPLE GET SHOT TOO.....NOW OF COURSE THERE IS BEEF BETWEEN MEXICANS AND BLACKS...BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ESE WE DIDN'T START IT..MY PEOPLE USE TO GET HARASSED BEATEN AND ALL THAT SHIT......NOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED ESE.....AND ALL YOU BLACKS TALKING RIGHT NOW DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY BUT THE OLDER BLACKS DO AND YOU KNOW WHAT??...THEY GOT THE SAME #%@& HATE IN THEM.........
You are extremely right. The way I see it seems to me like the Mexicans do, Blacks get a kick out of killing blacks and its sad. This city has got to change. Maybe the LAPD, FBI and such needs to step up their efforts to eliminate ALL GANGS. Hispanic, Black, White, etc. Once upon gang violence was aan epidemic in certain cities out here. Now its every fuckingwhere.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » February 7th, 2007, 2:02 am

Show me a non bangin mexican family with MK sprayed on the side of their house. When the mexicans started moving heavily in south central late 80's early 90's you didnt see not one moreno targeting a 14 year old chica for being mexican.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » February 7th, 2007, 2:06 pm

tecate wrote:Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:19 pm Post subject:

junta wrote:
WIP wrote:

Last I knew in war there really is no "winner"

KRDreJ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KRDreJ » February 7th, 2007, 4:44 pm

SURENO LINE wrote:FIRST OF ALL THERES SOME PLACES YOU SHOULDN'T BE LATE AT NIGHT ESE.....AND CERTAING PARTS OF CANOGA ARE INCLUDED.....THE 818 AINT WHAT THESE #%@& PUTOS MAKE IT OUT TO BE...THERES ALOT VIOLENCE AND ALOT GANGS ESE....THERES STRONG HOODS IN EVERY CITY EXCEPT SHERMAN OAKS AND SHIT LIKE THAT.....WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE BLACK PEOPLE CAN HAPPEN IN A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD EASILY ESE.....ASK YOUR SELF DO BLACK PEOPLE GET SHOT WALKING DOWN BLACK NEIGHBOORHOOD IN COMTON, WATTS, THE VALLE OR WHEREVER??/....OF COURSE THEY WOULD AFFILIATED OR NOT ESE SAME WITH MY PEOPLE ESE....WE BLAST EACHOTHER ALL THE TIME HOMIE AND INNOCCENT PEOPLE GET SHOT TOO.....NOW OF COURSE THERE IS BEEF BETWEEN MEXICANS AND BLACKS...BUT YOU KNOW WHAT ESE WE DIDN'T START IT..MY PEOPLE USE TO GET HARASSED BEATEN AND ALL THAT SHIT......NOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED ESE.....AND ALL YOU BLACKS TALKING RIGHT NOW DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY BUT THE OLDER BLACKS DO AND YOU KNOW WHAT??...THEY GOT THE SAME #%@& HATE IN THEM.........

SOME TRUE SHIT RIGHT HERE....FOOS IS TO IGNORANT TO UNDERSTAND THERE TIME HAS PASSED AND ALL THERE IS TO WHINE...BLAME OTHER PPL...KARMA IS A BI* TCH IT WILL BITE U IN THE ASS G

PolarAC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by PolarAC » February 7th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Damn, these surs are man.

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » February 7th, 2007, 6:12 pm

This is some retarded shit. Blacks kill browns, browns kill blacks, and the white people give us a standing ovation for eliminating eachother. Motherfuckers on both sides are ignorant. And nothing is ever going to change. We all will always be looked at as violent, broke, ghetto races. And the way shit looks its going to be that way until the world blows up.

PolarAC
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by PolarAC » February 7th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Alright I'll take a crack at this.

First of all, it was white folks who were really cracking your heads back in the day for getting too close thier areas, just like they was doing to us. And this was going back to the 60's. White folks don't really roll like that anymore so they do other things, like change the name of their part of town (i.e. Canoga Park to West Hills or Van Nuys to Lake Balboa).

Now if you want to get a little more recent, i'm sure black gangs were giving you a hard time back in the 80's and such, hell, you folks were moving in our hoods such as Watts, Inglewood, & South Central in massive numbers. While that was going, you guys did take some lumps, but brothas didn't blast on a Mexican while he was parking his car. Or a Latino family didn't get blasted on if they happened to take a wrong turn somewhere. So you want to talk about people who started it, look at your folks in jail who told you to put a 13 at the end of your set.

How I feel, I'm cool with every Mexican I know. But them surs I put in a seperate catagory. I'm beginning to look at a tatted baldheaded brown man with high white socks the same way I look at a tatted baldheaded white man with black combat boots.