Black man murdured by Latino gangs in LA.

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Black man murdured by Latino gangs in LA.

Unread post by twocost » January 15th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Any one have this article? I saw it on the news this morning. I think he was like 65 years old and they said that he was killed b/c of his race by Latino gang members. I forgot what city but its recent.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » January 16th, 2008, 12:58 am

Rival gangs blamed in spree
Monrovia police seek to curb rise in activity
By Tania Chatila and Frank C. Girardot, Staff Writers
Article Launched: 01/15/2008 11:33:16 PM PST

Blog
Read more from the Crime Scene blog
MONROVIA - A spate of violence that left one man dead and a teenager wounded are acts of retaliation on the part of rival African-American and Latino gangs, authorities said Tuesday.
The activity in Monrovia continued late Monday when three men were shot at but not hit.

Police announced an arrest in the case Tuesday and acknowledged an increase in gang violence over the past several months.

"This is a particularly bad time," Monrovia police Chief Roger Johnson said. "There are rival gangs going at each other. It's a very bad time."

The string began Saturday night in unincorporated Monrovia when a black 16-year-old student at Monrovia High School was shot in the lower body. The shooting occurred at 4:10 p.m. in the 9000 block of Peck Avenue, Los Angeles County sheriff's officials said.

One day later, Sanders "Pete" Rollins, 64, a black man, was fatally shot on his front lawn while walking toward the front door of his Sherman Avenue home.

In both cases, the suspects were described as Latinos.

Then on Monday night, police arrested a black man identified as Vernon Primmer, 31, of Fontana after a drive-by shooting targeting three Latino men outside a home in the 200 block of West Cypress Street.

No one was injured, but a bullet tore through the back of one of the men's jackets.

"These were all incidents of targeted retaliation," said Dick Singer, Monrovia city spokesman. "They are not shooting at random. They are looking for specific people and shooting at specific people." More specifically, police believe growing tensions between the Duroc Crips gang and the Monrovia Nueva Varrio gang are behind the shootings that have left many residents asking questions.

"This neighborhood is really going downhill," said a Cypress Street resident Monday night. The resident asked not to be identified for fear of retaliation. "I guarantee if this was the northern end of town, this wouldn't be happening."

Monrovia police Lt. Richard Wagnon said Monday's shooting may have specifically been retaliation for Rollins' slaying. Rollins had no gang affiliation, officials said.

"We just expect it because that is just the way gang retaliation works," said Officer Dorothy Percy, who was one of three officers rotating through Monrovia High School throughout the day Tuesday as part of an increased police presence in the school district.

Parents of students at the school received a phone message Monday from the district informing them of Saturday's shooting involving a student - known to friends as "Day Day" - Monrovia Unified School District Superintendent Louise Taylor said.

An additional letter explaining the incident was also sent out Tuesday, she said.

Increased police patrol at that school as well as at neighboring Canyon Oaks High School and Santa Fe and Clifton middle schools will continue over the next few days, according to officials.

"We just wanted to be cautious, and we are in close communication and collaboration with Monrovia Police Department," Taylor said. "We notified all the principals and said, `Please, just be observant. Let us know if you see any unusual activity."'

All permissions this week for students to leave Monrovia High School during the lunch hour have been canceled, she said.

Taylor did not anticipate any retaliation at the school, and said all was quiet on campus Monday and Tuesday.

"We are not aware of where this ends or how far it goes," Singer said. "But we are working very, very hard to try to stop it."

While both Taylor and Percy said they did not believe the violence had infiltrated the schools, students told a different story.

"It's been going on forever," said Monrovia High student Absam Shalabi. "Like in class, they are always talking about blacks versus Mexicans."

Mayor Rob Hammond said he did not believe racial tensions were erupting in Monrovia, but did say that the city is working on addressing the recent violence.

"It's troublesome for an entire community," he said. "When something happens in one portion of the community, it affects the entire community."

Hammond said residents should be vigilant.

"If you see something unusual," he said, "call the police, and maybe it's the pre-emptive strike."

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by j-dizzle » January 16th, 2008, 2:19 pm

thats BS cuzz thats my best friends uncle that got killed he was a good man the city is scared to admit theres a gang war and it wont stop cuzz it cant stop im from du roc that was a hate crime there not looking for individuals any blac is a target out here but if a brother do sumthin there caught wtf

R.I.P. PETE
BABBY RAGGG
L3
DOMO
COACH MIKE
THATS ALL IN the PAST YEAR

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by j-dizzle » January 16th, 2008, 2:19 pm

thats BS cuzz thats my best friends uncle that got killed he was a good man the city is scared to admit theres a gang war and it wont stop cuzz it cant stop im from du roc that was a hate crime there not looking for individuals any blac is a target out here but if a brother do sumthin there caught wtf

R.I.P. PETE
BABBY RAGGG
L3
DOMO
COACH MIKE

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by j-dizzle » January 16th, 2008, 2:20 pm

R.I.P. PETE
BABBY RAGGG
L3
DOMO
COACH MIKE

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

R.I.P. PETE
BABBY RAGGG
L3
DOMO
COACH MIKE

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

R.I.P. PETE
BABBY RAGGG
L3
DOMO
COACH MIKE

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by j-dizzle » January 16th, 2008, 2:22 pm

R.I.P. PETE
BABBY RAGGG
L3
DOMO
COACH MIKE

VALERO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by VALERO » January 16th, 2008, 3:00 pm

Here's a link to another article in the San Gabriel Valley Tribune that talks about the murder and talks to his family members. I wonder how the racist Surenos justify killing a non-gang affiliated 64 year old churchgoing man who served his country in the Air Force?

Surenos kill another innocent black person

twocost
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by twocost » January 16th, 2008, 4:03 pm

Yeah thats the one thanks man.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 16th, 2008, 4:37 pm

i was suprised when i heard they had blacks and mexicans in monrovia. i worked out there several times when i was 15 and i neva seen no gangstas of any race.

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by j-dizzle » January 17th, 2008, 12:30 pm

too answer ur question u must have been on the wrong streets theres more blaccs and mexicans then whites

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 19th, 2008, 9:42 am

i guess cuz i was working for this campaign company getting people to sign signatures when i was 15 in 2001. they dropped me off at some pavillions in monrovia a few times. i think it was a pavillions but it may of been a ralphs. they used to drop us off all over the 626 and the only place i seen blacks deep was pasadena, i went to duarte but i guess i wasn't in the black part but i always knew they had a crip hood in duarte. so thats why i thought it was only black deep enough to make a hood in dena and duarte

j-dizzle
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by j-dizzle » January 23rd, 2008, 1:29 pm

you was in the hood u was in the high end du roc hood u was at pavillions but u was in the downtown area and on foothill thats ya case yea low end is duarte du rocs high end is monrovia du rocs we all one in some form of matter but we rep what we rep thats all

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » January 24th, 2008, 12:37 am

the latino's were proly muggin black folks and the old man proly showed them latino's he had heart and got blasted...damn R.I.P is it really worth it killin eachother , we both minorities damn

abc543@
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by abc543@ » February 11th, 2008, 12:01 am

stop the violence

abc543@
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by abc543@ » February 11th, 2008, 12:02 am

stop the violence

tecate
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by tecate » February 26th, 2008, 6:28 pm

The killing is senseless no matter where you from!

necio
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by necio » February 28th, 2008, 11:43 am

they have hate crimes coming out of that area from both sides

LOLGANGS

Unread post by LOLGANGS » February 28th, 2008, 5:56 pm

dam

HarrisAve1600
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by HarrisAve1600 » April 1st, 2008, 6:26 pm

cuhz the only hoovaz that ran 18st off dey land is the 74h n 83h, but wne go drive thru 52h land all u in 18st mostly. but 52h still deep. but dey cant c my family from ps40s neither can bubblez cuhz!!