Most common gun used in gang fights

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Most common gun used in gang fights

Unread post by whitekid » July 26th, 2003, 7:19 pm

what gun is most used? do they use ak's and shot guns often?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Most common gun used in gang fights

Unread post by bgcasper » July 26th, 2003, 9:44 pm

it depend wich year ? and what hood ,but most of the time ,ak 47 ,mac 11 , mac 10 ,tech 9 ,are known as gang weapon ,gunz i would say i saw a gang of 38 and a lot of glocs ...and can't forget about the shot gun 12 gauge boo yaa i had 2 of them and a m1 rifle ,and a 38 ...i wish i had a micro uzi lolol its more expensive and rare nowadays ,the uzi was more comon in 89 ,but all bgs started with those hand made gunz i had a mexican guy who had a car worshop ,we use to build our own gunz there ,the one shot one ,i was young ...in the 80's then after 86 ,gunz was everywere

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » July 27th, 2003, 1:35 pm

Man I see LA got some guerilla warfare artillery. In Minneapolis the most common gun of choice is the 45. easy,to carry and pacs a punch. 44mags and the 40 glocs have become real popular lately too. 12 gauges have always been a big bang theory. As far as assault rifles some ni66as do use tec 9s or 22s. Mac 10s and 11s and Uzis are rare as hell. Its to hard to roll with AKs up here but ni66as do have em the biggest chopper ive probaly seen was a Mak 90 that the Native Mobs had with a 90 round drum fully auto. But handguns always have and probaly always will be the heats of choice.

wed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wed » July 30th, 2003, 5:00 pm

i see alot of ppl up here carrying small pieces like .22's or .25's. i'd say the next common gun up here would have to ce the 9mm.

G bka C.rum
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by G bka C.rum » July 30th, 2003, 6:30 pm

I dont know about that wed. I know most my niggas pacced 45s and most of the niggas I know that got shot got shot with 45s. But your right alot of the tinys do like 22s and 25s. But I think the most common is the 4 filla(45).

wed
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by wed » July 30th, 2003, 9:51 pm

yeah u could ce right. i know that ppl ce using them types of pieces when they are on missions u know what i mean? them 44's pacc a punch, i know i'd hate to get hit with one of them. i got hit with bird shot from a ShotGun when i was younger, before i was bangin. i got hit pretty much head to toe, and that hurt like a mug! cut most of the shots heard around my hood are quiet, kinda like firecraccers.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 31st, 2003, 3:57 pm

Whitekid,
Anything that works...LOL. From zipguns to automatics...whatever works to get the job done. If there was a move or action to remove illegal guns from the streets, there would be a lot less bloodshed. I can't imagine too many cats still gangbanging if there were no guns or a limited number of guns in the neighborhood. Gunslinging made even the sorriest homie out there able to stand toe to toe with the hardcore g's. Any fool can pull a trigger.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » July 31st, 2003, 4:26 pm

BDL, absolutely right about that.

You know I read the Mafia likes the .22 the best. One in the brain and it bounces around in there. The idea is there's no fixing that in the emergency room.

When I was younger, after getting my honorable discharge, we used to go out shooting all the time in the desert. My friends had a lot of guns but they were all legal and we took care with them. M1, WWII Sniper Rifles, 12 guage, .45 auto, and .38 revolver were my favorites.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » July 31st, 2003, 4:34 pm

wcrockets,
Absolutely, the small caliber .22's and .25's are more lethal at times than the bigger calibers. They don't have enough force to just penetrate skin and bone, they end up bouncing off bone and zig zagging through you body. Everyone I knew who got shot with a 22 or 25 either died or is a vegetable. Most of the homies that got plugged with bigger calibers are walking tall, the slugs went completely through their bodies.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 1st, 2003, 8:04 am

MY HOMIE GOT SHOT POINT BLANK with a 22 ,the bullet doesnt went trhu his skull ,he was lucky ,nigga head bones are hard lololol

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » August 2nd, 2003, 3:27 am

only 5% - 9% of gang shootings use automatic assault rifles per year. That means the weapon of choice is the hand gun, and the shooting that killed the most people in 1996 was the 380 (LA COunty). My guess is that this is the same for each year but not sure.

lewis503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lewis503 » August 3rd, 2003, 11:52 pm

where do most of u guys get ur gunz ascpecully when ur yung?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 4th, 2003, 1:07 am

A .45 can kill you if you get shot in the shoulder, arm, and even the thigh. I believe that the .45 does the most damage of available handguns. In the chest with a .45 you can forget it.

There are so many possible way to survive a .22 and .25, even taking one in the chest, and it definitely wont kill you if it hit you thigh or leg area, and to make a .22 0r .25 fatal, you have to be at the right distance and be very accurate.

You dont need that much precision with a .380, 9mm, .357 and ofcourse a .45.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 13th, 2003, 9:34 am

Yeah, the .45 auto is real popular for it's stopping power.

I found this on another message board: During the Philippine "Insurrection", officers in the field found the new .38 caliber double actions lacking in stopping power. The story goes that the Moro warriors would wrap their arms and legs with vines to serve as tourniquets and get "high" on chewing some sort of leaf and would charge head on into battle. The .38s were ineffective against this tactic. As a response to the officers and men in the field demanding their "old" .45 caliber weapons back, the Government and Colt Firearms sent a shipment of 500 refurbished Colt Single Action revolvers directly to the Philippines in 1901. In 1902, 4600 guns of .45 CALIBER, DOUBLE ACTION, were sent to the Philippines to arm the Constabulary. These guns were based on the 1878 Colt the design with some modification to the trigger size and are referred to as the Philippine Model. In 1909 Colt sold the Army a .45 caliber revolver of their "New Service Model" design which used the same .45 S&W cartridge as the old Schofields and Single Action Armies. The .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) went into service with Models of 1900, 1902 etc and then the one we all know, the .45 Government Model of 1911. In 1917 the Army again purchased revolvers from Colt and S&W that could also use the .45 ACP cartridge. The .45 ACP Government Model has had a long life and millions were manufactured through WWII. I think they were still in use in Korea and probably Vietnam too. When it comes to combat a lot of soldiers prefer the .45.

Firearm Timeline: http://ns1.ktc.com/personal/larnold/tlineevent_1.html

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 13th, 2003, 9:51 am

Still BDL is right about those small caliber bullets bouncing around ripping stuff up.

I wasn't around when it happened but I remember oh about 15 years ago this tweaker Logan up in the high desert recounting to us how he was sitting in some lady's living room watching television when her jealous boyfriend comes in. The idiot (ie jealous boyfriend) wasn't much of a communicator apparently and never taken a day of counseling in his life because he just puts one in her head and she's gone. Logan charges the guy and takes one in the wrist area that bounces all the way up his arm and comes out his shoulder! Unbelievable but he did have some big arms.

By then Logan was close and they fought for the pistol. (I think Logan said it was a .25 pistol). The guy wrenched it away and fled in his car to County Line (ie. Calimesa). The story goes he was calmly drinking a beer when the police picked him up. What a freak!

Anyways, I heard he was convicted and sent up (hopefully forever) and the tweaker Logan was touted as hero in the High Desert Star.

Logan made sure to stroll around town showing everyone his battle wounds with a copy of him on the front page as the local hero all the while trying to get "loans" so he could go tweak.

Talk about Pulp Fiction come to life. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 13th, 2003, 12:31 pm

WC,
Yes, that is part of the history for the .45, they couldn't stop those crazy pinoys. That's a funny ass story about the tweaker, but sounds right on point. Tweakfreaks...too many out here it's ridiculous. Wait till these cats hit 10 yrs down the road, talk about mental problems...woo. Smaller caliber weapons are so inaccurate, you'd have to be real close or lucky to get at somebody with some results. I'd say a lotta shooters don't have any skills, they need the bigger caliber bigger capacity clips to hit their targets. OH, I'm not condoning shooting someone like a dog either. I've had homies survive 6-9 slugs point blank, with 9mm, .38s...they end up with calostomy bags and everything, that's nasty! They just got lucky, because if they were hit in their vitals, they'd be dead. One homie took a slug, it went right through his neck one side and out the other, luckily no nerve damage. A homegirl took a slug from the back of her neck, exiting her mouth/cheek.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 13th, 2003, 1:36 pm

Indeed! Short of WWII battle field situations, that's as heavy as it can be brought BDL. You a man whose just about seen it all bro.

As for the tweakers, tragic. Meth is the white man's heroin bro. I enjoy very much meeting people from that background at church that turned their lives around. They always have that "I can't believe things are so good now" look on their face.

BIG DUSTY LOCO
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BIG DUSTY LOCO » August 13th, 2003, 1:48 pm

WC,
Meth overtook crack addiction from the 80's. It's just not whites abusing that stuff. A gang of Pinoys, Latinos, other Asians, are heavily involved in trafficking, manufacturing, and abusing that stuff. I have yet to see some homies turn their lives around it yet.

Nah, I'm learning everyday from everyone I rap to.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 13th, 2003, 1:52 pm

I got a long real well with the Filipinos in the military. Some of the nicest people I have ever met. My bunkmate was a real cool homie.

Haha but I remember one of them pulled this white crane thing on a big white bully from Texas once.

This big powerful Texan, he also said he had done a year in prison for something but then been cleared and released, had a bad habit of going up behind people and grabbing them in a bear hug and just squeezing them until the fight was all out of them and dropping them on the ground. It was a big joke until he tried it to this 160lb Filipino guy in front of me one day. Right after the bear hug was applied he did some move where he exhaled as he pushed up and brought his foot up hard on the guys sack.

The Texan went down like a bag of potatoes and rolled around in agony for about five minutes. It was quite a show. HAHA!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » August 13th, 2003, 2:05 pm

I truly hope you get to see that BDL. I was with a gang of people last night that have been changed and it's all really good. They from all over the city originally. Changed people. They put in work at being good parents, developing good relationships, learning how to succeed legit and enjoying life as healthy people. They are the real winners in my opinion.

Kab
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kab » September 6th, 2003, 11:17 am

Pops taught me the .22 rule when I was 9.

MAK90 seems to be an AK to me except the stock mod lift. Same rnd.

Ridah
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Ridah » September 6th, 2003, 6:22 pm

Man for a young brotha like myself, this topic is scary...I imagine each and every one of these guns killin someone black or hispanic, even white...our kids are runnin around with guns shootin eachother...

some real sh*t.....I got a lil 22 doe...I keep it under the bed just in case..ya know..

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 22nd, 2017, 11:05 pm

most common street firearm would be the .380

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » August 26th, 2017, 11:24 pm

38 is a 9mm variant for barrel gun ..i mean 38 and 9mm have the same amount of lead just not the same amount of powder so yep 38 and 9 is the king of the urban kill world wide same goes on in south east asia it comes with the price the 38 is the cheapest cal and fired by cheap small barrel guns most people own weither a 38 or a glocc 9 than i would put 12 cal shot gun in the most used since its fired from all hunting rifles and kids would first get daddys hunting gun to put in work or even during burglary those hunting rifle are comonly found ...

OziHomie
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Sydney

Unread post by OziHomie » November 3rd, 2018, 6:51 am

[quote="bgcasper"]it depend wich year ? and what hood ,but most of the time ,ak 47 ,mac 11 , mac 10 ,tech 9 ,are known as gang weapon ,gunz i would say i saw a gang of 38 and a lot of glocs ...and can't forget about the shot gun 12 gauge boo yaa i had 2 of them and a m1 rifle ,and a 38 ...i wish i had a micro uzi lolol its more expensive and rare nowadays ,the uzi was more comon in 89 ,but all bgs started with those hand made gunz i had a mexican guy who had a car worshop ,we use to build our own gunz there ,the one shot one ,i was young ...in the 80's then after 86 ,gunz was everywere[/quote]

all i can say .. with all due respect.. is thank goodness we dont have gun ownership rights in australia.. THANK GOD !! Australia has very few gun related murders and murders in general because very few can own guns and need to show cause before they are given the right - ie usually farmers who shoot rabbits .. how different life in australia would be if anyone could just tottle down to the local gun store and arm up .. i wish you all knew how great it is to not have the fear of walking into any neighborhood you want without the fear or risk of being gunned down .. i can walk anywhere anytime without fear .. id hate to loose that freedom for the sake of owning a gun .. and even tho our most serious gangs do have stashes of illegal guns they dont turn them on society or use them openly as they would face 10 years just for being caught with one so they keep them well hidden and only use them for retaliatory purposes in targetted shootings .. ie we've had dozens of gang related drive by shootings .. but yeah its one freedom i can thank our government for getting right here.. they took away gun rights 20 years ago, held an amnesty where all privately owned guns were bought back and destroyed by the government.. they did this after a few wackjobs did massacres .. this one happened in my days and i was there but didnt see the bodies .. i ran away

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/ ... d805746c3a

this one was the one that caused the amnesty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arth ... Australia)