Bryshon Nellum, upcoming track and field star shot 3x

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Bryshon Nellum, upcoming track and field star shot 3x

Unread post by alexalonso » November 14th, 2008, 6:33 pm

from LA Times

Bryshon Nellum, an upcoming track and field star, was shot three times in the leg after a Halloween party.

The Long Beach Poly grad, a 19-year-old sophomore at USC, underwent successful surgery and his coach is optimistic that he'll be able to resume his track career. No arrests had been made.

Nellum was reportedly leaving Leonardo's, a restaurant/club on Vermont and 28th Street, around 2 a.m on Friday morning. Despite the venue's proximity to campus, it isn't usually considered a popular hangout with students. Special events are sometimes held at the cavernous venue, but for most practical purposes it's just outside of the so-called "bubble" where students live within walking distance of campus.

-- Adam Rose
Photo: Nellum in high school. Credit: Bob Chamberlin/Los Angeles Times
Attachments
1202680201.jpg
1202680201.jpg (51.31 KiB) Viewed 14721 times
bryshon_nellum.jpg
Bryshon Nellum, 19
bryshon_nellum.jpg (7.72 KiB) Viewed 14731 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Re: Bryshon Nellum, upcoming track and field star shot 3x

Unread post by alexalonso » November 14th, 2008, 6:35 pm

i heard he was claiming 40s Crip and got shot by some Bloods. The LAPD raided a house on 36th & Budlong in connection to this shooting, but they hit the wrong house.

antman6447

Unread post by antman6447 » November 15th, 2008, 2:50 pm

i catch the bus, somewhat nearby, during the week..

i just hope,
he get's, better...

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » November 16th, 2008, 2:28 pm

When will up and coming, possibly future millionaires leave hood ties alone?

1santo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Bell Gardens

Unread post by 1santo » November 17th, 2008, 2:28 pm

It's a shame that this guy with a future ahead of him got mixed in this mess. It's a good chance this guy might never be the same. I'm hopeful that he will recover but I've seen guys careers end by far less injuries. No matter what, the hood is just too embedded in some people. They just won't let it go for better or worse.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 18th, 2008, 9:10 pm

alexalonso wrote:i heard he was claiming 40s Crip and got shot by some Bloods. The LAPD raided a house on 36th & Budlong in connection to this shooting, but they hit the wrong house.
LMAO!!! Where'd you hear that?

This fool went to Poly, his dumb@ss was throwing up babies and sh*t but he never really banged he just hung out. His old track club practiced in baldwin and at most he hung out with some wannabes (30s and 40s) that were around there but he knew them through track and school.

I don't doubt he got shot for claiming though, I haven't heard stuff about him in a couple years but he's not a 40, if he was claiming it would be no different then when he was throwing up signs at Poly.

All these athletes act like retards, track and football were among the worst, these fools never grew up I guess. Idiots.

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubts » November 18th, 2008, 11:17 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
alexalonso wrote:i heard he was claiming 40s Crip and got shot by some Bloods. The LAPD raided a house on 36th & Budlong in connection to this shooting, but they hit the wrong house.

This fool went to Poly, his dumb@ss was throwing up babies and sh*t but he never really banged he just hung out. His old track club practiced in baldwin and at most he hung out with some wannabes (30s and 40s) that were around there but he knew them through track and school.

I don't doubt he got shot for claiming though, I haven't heard stuff about him in a couple years but he's not a 40, if he was claiming it would be no different then when he was throwing up signs at Poly.

All these athletes act like retards, track and football were among the worst, these fools never grew up I guess. Idiots.
why are you talking like that? throwing up babies? are you affiliated with any gang?

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 18th, 2008, 11:49 pm

dubts wrote:why are you talking like that? throwing up babies? are you affiliated with any gang?
Sorry I forgot we had a visitor. In LA county, throwing up a set can refer to the act of making hand gestures as a sign of affiliation to a gang.

Babies refers Baby Insane Gang.

And no, I am definitely not affiliated with any gang, and I find choosing to do so a terrible decision.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 18th, 2008, 11:52 pm

necron wrote:When will up and coming, possibly future millionaires leave hood ties alone?
Exactly.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 18th, 2008, 11:56 pm

1santo wrote:No matter what, the hood is just too embedded in some people. They just won't let it go for better or worse.
Let it go? This guy came form a good family (non-banging, morally Christian, working) and had the best of opportunities laid out before him. He got a sports scholarship to a good university and a future in professional and Olympic sports. And this isn't even his area!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » November 19th, 2008, 12:04 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:

I heard he may have claimed it, but dont know for sure. i asked around today again but no knew information. Why did this guy get shot? He was targeted for sure. What do you think he did to get shot???????/

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubts » November 19th, 2008, 12:39 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
dubts wrote:why are you talking like that? throwing up babies? are you affiliated with any gang?
Sorry I forgot we had a visitor. In LA county, throwing up a set can refer to the act of making hand gestures as a sign of affiliation to a gang.

Babies refers Baby Insane Gang.

And no, I am definitely not affiliated with any gang, and I find choosing to do so a terrible decision.
if your not affiliated with any gang, why are you constantly dissing various sets throughout los angeles, such as the Stones and others, would you say this to their faces?

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by SouljahGirl » November 19th, 2008, 12:56 pm

necron wrote:When will up and coming, possibly future millionaires leave hood ties alone?
Never.. Because when I make my millions I'm going Straight to the Hood, start me a learning center and a music school and a car wash and a Drive in Movie, and all the while work at bringing true Hood Peace...

What it DO!!

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 21st, 2008, 7:02 am

you cant help who you grow up with.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 21st, 2008, 1:00 pm

cliffard wrote:you cant help who you grow up with.
HE DIDN'T GROW UP WITH THEM.
HE GREW UP IN LONG BEACH.

What's up with all the assumptions?

P.S. It even says Poly in the article if anyone paid attention he's out of bounds.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cliffard » November 21st, 2008, 4:55 pm

cliffard wrote:you cant help who you grow up with.
that was a blanket statement, i didnt read that much into it, i mean obviously once you become rich famous whatever its not wise to get mixed up in hood shit, i personally would want to move myself and my family out at the earliest possible opportunity as a lot of famous families seem to have caught a bad one, most notably jennifer hudson and the williams family, even games sister, but conversely that may not be possible, members of your family may not want to move etc. and friends you make early on in life tend to be your best friends.
just an opinion.

necron
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: London

Unread post by necron » November 22nd, 2008, 1:26 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:
Never.. Because when I make my millions I'm going Straight to the Hood, start me a learning center and a music school and a car wash and a Drive in Movie, and all the while work at bringing true Hood Peace...

What it DO!!
I like your enthusiasm baby girl but be careful you don't get your shit jacked!

1santo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Bell Gardens

Unread post by 1santo » February 11th, 2009, 4:02 pm

2 charged in USC athlete's shooting

Two alleged gang members were charged Monday in connection with the Halloween shooting of a USC track athlete, according to the district attorney's office.

Travon Reed, 21, of Los Angeles, and Horasio Kimbrough, 21, of Inglewood were each charged with one count of attempted murder.

Star sprinter Bryshon Nellum, 19, was walking outside a restaurant near the intersection of Vermont Avenue and West Adams Boulevard by the USC campus at 2 a.m. on Oct. 31 when several men pulled up in a car. One of them yelled a gang slogan before shooting Nellum three times in the legs, police said.

Bail for Reed was set at $2 million, and Kimbrough is being held without bail. Both face a maximum of 50 years to life in state prison.

-- Alicia Lozano

H572DSTA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by H572DSTA » February 12th, 2009, 4:08 am

thats in Rollin 20 NHB Hood

JackM
If in the United States: Arkansas

Unread post by JackM » February 12th, 2009, 1:52 pm

Reading up on Nellum. A lot of talk about his abilities and it sounds like he has/had a great amount of potential as a runner.

It does seemlike he was targeted though. Either that or horrible luck. He's still alive though and may make full recovery so perhaps luckier than first thought.

Hope he gets better...

JackM
If in the United States: Arkansas

Unread post by JackM » February 12th, 2009, 6:38 pm

I will say, however, that Nellum's Grandpa's assertations in the media that people must have attacked his son out of jealousy and envy is a bunch of far-fetched bs.

Like gang members have the time to research Bryshon Nellum and sit there getting angry about how good of a runner he is.

Now if Bryshon was mouthing off on account of his successes, that might be a different story...

Something doesn't add up, although i suppose it rarely does.

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA

Unread post by TCC19 » February 18th, 2009, 2:30 am

Did anyone else find it kind of Ironic that he's a track star and got shot in the legs thats kind of crazy Maybe they wanted to fuck up his carreer.

hotrod
What city do you live in now?: alta loma

Unread post by hotrod » March 4th, 2009, 9:47 am

I doubt if they even knew who he was, another case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » April 13th, 2009, 9:07 am

SouljahGirl wrote:
Never.. Because when I make my millions I'm going Straight to the Hood, start me a learning center and a music school and a car wash and a Drive in Movie,

What it DO!!
and a nail shop and a chicken stop and a clothing store and a performing arts studio and a college and a law firm and a dr's office and a dentist and a bank and a...............to be continued+

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 15th, 2009, 10:55 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:
SouljahGirl wrote:
Never.. Because when I make my millions I'm going Straight to the Hood, start me a learning center and a music school and a car wash and a Drive in Movie,

What it DO!!
and a nail shop and a chicken stop and a clothing store and a performing arts studio and a college and a law firm and a dr's office and a dentist and a bank and a...............to be continued+
I like how you ordered those priorities lol

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » April 16th, 2009, 10:06 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
MIC I know you don't want none of this.. You go climb yo behind on the irritate Souljah train if you WANT too...

This where is it started: Because when I make my millions I'm going Straight to the Hood, start me a learning center and a music school

Don't hate cuzz a sistah wanna get her nails done by a Sistah and eat chicken wings cooked my the mothers all on the same block and in every HOOD...

Don't Hate!!

ANd you aint said 3 words to me since I left ALLHOOD.. CHECK YO SELF

kmcox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kmcox » April 16th, 2009, 1:24 pm

Thats interesting because deshawn jackson who went to LB poly in the NFL is suppose to be from 40s too...huh?

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2009, 6:58 pm

SouljahGirl wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:
MIC I know you don't want none of this.. You go climb yo behind on the irritate Souljah train if you WANT too...

This where is it started: Because when I make my millions I'm going Straight to the Hood, start me a learning center and a music school

Don't hate cuzz a sistah wanna get her nails done by a Sistah and eat chicken wings cooked my the mothers all on the same block and in every HOOD...

Don't Hate!!

lol relax, just joking. All of that is a good idea. Learning centers, law firms, doctors, etc.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2009, 7:04 pm

kmcox wrote:

Thats interesting because deshawn jackson who went to LB poly in the NFL is suppose to be from 40s too...huh?
lol I just saw a pic of this guy from the article throwing up n-hood...

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » April 17th, 2009, 10:27 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
SouljahGirl wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:

Don't Hate!!

lol relax, just joking. All of that is a good idea. Learning centers, law firms, doctors, etc.
Yeah I know.. and remeber when I was on Allhood and I talked about starting ettiquette classes. Well one of the Sisters pushed forward and the first class starts tomarrow on 105th and Western..

Everything ( almost everything ) I talked about a couple of years ago is begining to manifest. The movie night at Chuco's every third Teusday. This month we will be showing Chita's documentery " Girl & Gangs ".

Forgive me if I was curt.. You know that some of you Allhood people have given me a ruff time ever since day one over there..Dealing with y'all was sometimes like being in a civil war On Line..LOL!!!

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 17th, 2009, 3:51 pm

I heard of Chuco's being good, some hippy girl talked about events there. I might try to go to some.

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SouljahGirl » April 17th, 2009, 7:05 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:I heard of Chuco's being good, some hippy girl talked about events there. I might try to go to some.
I look forward to meeting you..My office is on the second floor.