Villaraigosa and Chief Bratton annouce 2009 gang plan

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Villaraigosa and Chief Bratton annouce 2009 gang plan

Unread post by alexalonso » January 30th, 2009, 12:35 pm

At Rampart station on Jan 29, 2009, LA Mayor Villaraigosa and LAPD Chief William Bratton announce 2009 gang initiatives along with Rocky Delgadillo, Council Member Jack Weiss and Federal agents.

Listen to the question asked? Funny stuff.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Re: Villaraigosa and Chief Bratton annouce 2009 gang plan

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 30th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Good one..

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » January 31st, 2009, 2:01 pm

apparently some of the LA council members and the Mayor are not getting along. This is a topic that doesn't get much attention, but Herb Wesson, Janice Hahn, Jan Perry and Bernard Parks should have been. Jack Weiss was there but his district does not have nearly the gang presence as the other districts do.

1santo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Bell Gardens

Unread post by 1santo » February 1st, 2009, 12:29 am

nice

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » February 1st, 2009, 12:33 am

Well you know Hanh has been under fire for hiring Watts Crips that were still out there banging and exposing her and her role or lack of in gang prevention and interention. Shortly after, the Mayor took control over the funds for prevention/intervention that he's been making headlines with the past year +.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » February 1st, 2009, 2:19 am

^ Yup, Grape Streets were using and abusing their system...

SouljahGirl
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by SouljahGirl » February 2nd, 2009, 10:16 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:^ Yup, Grape Streets were using and abusing their system...

I don’t know. But I'd hate to think that it was done intentionally. I cant say for sure because I was not there. But from what I can recognize the plan was a cool one. Take non-active /former gang members and give them jobs doing the intervention in their respective sets.

What they were not prepared for, was the mentality of the thug and the thug-stress. By this I mean. You can’t just dangle money in front a a starving peoples face and expect for them NOT to reach for it. But with all do respect. We are not trained in grant management. Therefor you cant expect for us to handel the funds in the manner that you designed. That might have been the first mistake. Their second mistake was when they thought that they could have already territorial sisters and brothers compete for money in a peaceful and non tribal manner. That’s just Not Going Down.

Though we may want to do right and help with the elimination of the monster “ Gang Banging” that we helped to create. We don’t know how to act a different way. We can not be affected unless we first address the “lack of “ within our own lives.

Lack of education, lack of work ethic, lack of life skills, lack of tact, lack of the ability to think outside of the hustle. We lack the skills needed to even address let alone deal with our issues . Our vocabularies are limited and therefore affect our capability of expressing ourselves in an articulate manner. ( you like that don’t you.. ) So most times people look down on us or judge us because of the lack of our linguistic ability.

What they really did was fail us. They came into the hoods with a plan that was not fully thought out. They grabbed hold of a couple of people that had a good rep, and they began to try to take over the streets. Never once realizing that these people themselves needed training. These people themselves needed to be trained on how to get out and stay out of this underground economy that has been our life line for over 40 years. A people themself, hood reared, hood raised and hood certified. All we knew was underground dolla’s.

How somebody thought that the new leaders themselves would not need some new life skills training I will never know. You can’t just take a homie and put them out there on the front line and expect him to know how to respond to old issues in a new way unless you teach him a new way.. For example:

The homie out here doing gang intervention. He goes to work every day and does his job. Payday comes around.. The check is late. Now.. The first thing he say is.. I’ma hit a lick, get a sack..fa-dangle some shhhhhhh.. My girl and my kids are high maintenance. I gotta Handel my bizness. That’s our first thought because that is our lifestyle. We don’t wait on money we go get it.. Sometimes.. By any means necessary.. I aint condoning it I’m just speaking truth..

Some will try to hold out and have faith because he has become more conscious and knows that the game is a destructive one and one that we must remove from our inner cities by any means necessary. But in doing so there are a few things he would have to do and he don’t mind doing it if somebody would just teach him... Stuff like write a letter to his landlord explaining the situation, getting it notarized along with a letter of explanation for his employer as to why the rent will be late. ( And don't forget to ask him NOT to chareg a late fee. It might not work but at least you tried.) In order for a person to successfully over come this set back. He’d have to sit his family down and explain to them that they would be on a tight budget for a minute and that they would all have to do their share of conserving.

But we don’t discuss these matters in the hoods so we don’t know that we have other options.

You see, there are different ways of getting the same result. But all we know is an underground economy that will solve all that! People don’t know unless they are taught. And the cold part about this is. We don’t even know, that there is some shit out here that we don’t know ................we don’t know..

So..... I said all of that to say.. Don’t get mad at the homies because they are doing what they know how to do. Hustle. What’s more American the hustle. America was built on the hustle ? The Kennedy’s did it and became one of the strongest Political families around. They were bootleggers right ?

Somebody should have looked at all of this and more before they implemented their plans. Or in the least. They should have talked to the elders. Not the 30 year olds.. But the 50+ generation.

That’s what I do...........