18th Street Gang Member Faces Death in Slaying of H.S. Football Player

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

18th Street Gang Member Faces Death in Slaying of H.S. Football Player

Unread post by alexalonso » August 26th, 2009, 3:26 pm

This topic correspond to the post that can be found at http://www.streetgangs.com/news/jamiel- ... .html:KTLA News
10:54 AM PDT, August 26, 2009

LOS ANGELES -- The gang member accused of murdering a local high school football player will face the death penalty, prosecutors announced Wednesday.

Pedro Espinoza is charged with the murder of 17-year-old Jamiel Shaw.

Shaw, a standout Los Angeles High School football player, was shot and killed near his Arlington Heights home March 2, 2008.

Espinoza, an 18th Street gang member and illegal immigrant, had been released from jail on a firearms charge the day before Shaw was killed.

He was arrested four days after the slaying.

Shaw's parents are suing the county, alleging that Espinoza should not have been freed from jail, but turned over to immigration authorities.

Shaw's parents unsuccessfully petitioned for a law that would enable police to arrest illegal immigrant gang members and hand them over to federal authorities.

Under current police policy, officers are forbidden from questioning people solely about their immigration status.

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: 18th Street Gang Member Faces Death in Slaying of H.S. Footb

Unread post by youayntfresh » August 26th, 2009, 4:44 pm

[quote="alexalonso"]This topic correspond to the post that can be found at http://www.streetgangs.com/news/gang-me ... ayer/:KTLA News KTLA News

LOS ANGELES -- The gang member accused of murdering a local high school football player will face the death penalty, prosecutors announced Wednesday.

Shaw, a standout Los Angeles High School football player, was shot and killed near his Arlington Heights home March 2, 2008.

Espinoza, an 18th Street gang member and illegal immigrant, had been released from jail on a firearms charge the day before Shaw was killed.

Shaw's parents are suing the county, alleging that Espinoza should not have been freed from jail, but turned over to immigration authorities.

Shaw's parents unsuccessfully petitioned for a law that would enable police to arrest illegal immigrant gang members and hand them over to federal authorities.

Under current police policy, officers are forbidden from questioning people solely about their immigration status.[/quote]

I don't agree with the death penalty. Maybe life in prison. jamiel was a gang member. Only because he hasn't killed any doesn't make him any less. He threw gang signs,etc.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » August 27th, 2009, 10:08 am

[quote="youayntfresh"][quote="alexalonso"]This topic correspond to the post that can be found at http://www.streetgangs.com/news/gang-me ... ayer/:KTLA News KTLA News

Under current police policy, officers are forbidden from questioning people solely about their immigration status.[/quote]

I don't agree with the death penalty. Maybe life in prison. jamiel was a gang member. Only because he hasn't killed any doesn't make him any less. He threw gang signs,etc.[/quote]

FREE THE HOMIE BABY BOY WESTSIDE 18ST ALSACE AVENUE LOCOS,MY BOY BK NUTTY FROM WS18ST 106TH TINY WYNOS WAS REALLY COOL WITH BABY BOY(PEDRO ESPINOZA)

FOR ANYONE THAT WANTS TO SAY SHIT,JAMIEL WASNT KILLED FOR BEIN BLACK,HE WAS KILLED FOR CLAIMIN A HOOD,18ST HAS BLACK MEMBERS

REASONS WHY PEOPLE SAY JAMIEL WASNT A GANG MEMBER
-HE WAS A GOOD STUDENT
-WAS A GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER
-HAD A GIRLFRIEND
-SPENT TIME WITH HIS FAMILY

FOUR FUCKEN REASONS PEOPLE SAY HE WASNT A GANGMEMBERS,I KNOW ALOT OF HOMIES THAT ARE GOOD IN SCHOOL,HAVE GIRLFRIENDS,PLAY SPORTS AND ARE VERY CLOSE WITH FAMILY,THEY STILL GANGMEMBERS AND DOWN FOR THE HOOD

REASONS WHY HE WAS A GANGMEMBER
-WORE RED ALOT IN A NEIBORHOOD CONTROLLED BY BLOODS
-PICTURES OF HIM THROWIN UP ROLLIN 20S
-HAD HARLEM 30 KILLA,18ST KILLA ON MYSPACE
-WAS KNOWN TO HANG OUT WITH BLOODS
-SAID HE WANTED TO MEET OTHER BLOODS
-WANTED TO MEET CRIPS TO BEAT THEY ASS
-WANTED TO MEET FREAKY GIRLS TO GET FREAKY WITH
-HIS GIRL SAID HE WAS A BLOOD
-HIS HOMIES SAID HE WAS A BLOOD
-HIS DAD SAID HE WAS GANG RELATED AND HE WISHES HE COULD OF STOPPED HIM
-MEMBERS OF ROLLIN 20S ATTENTED HIS FUNERAL AND LEFT THINGS WITH BLOOD MEANINGS ON THEM

HE WASNT KILLED FOR BEING BLACK,WHOEVER BELIEVES THAT IS STUPID,WHERE HE LIVED THERE ARE ALOT OF BLACK YOUTHS LIKE HIM AND IF IT WAS RACIAL BABY BOY WOULD HAVE KILLED MORE THAN ONE ALONG WITH THE OTHER HOMIE FROM 18ST,BUT NO HE KILLED JAMIEL SHAW WHO WAS GANG RELATED,HE TALKED SHIT ABOUT A GANG THAT BEEFS WITH ALL BLOODS AND OTHER HOODS IN INGLEWOOD,IF HE WASNT A GANGMEMBER HE SHOULDNT HAVE ACTED LIKE ONE

ITS FUNNY CUZ ICE CUBE SONG 'WHY ME' WAS MEANT TO BE ABOUT JAMIEL AND HOW BLACK VS BROWN VIOLENCE SHOULD STOP AND A PRODUCER HE WORKS WITH WORKS WITH the HOMIE LIL GANGSTER FROM WS18ST 106TH TWS AND THEY TOLD CUBE IF HE SAID ANYTHIN NEGATIVE BOUT 18 THEY WOULD KILL HIM,THEN CUBE CHANGED THE SONG TO HOW BLACK ON BLACK VIOLENCE IS LIKE KILLEN UR BROTHER,IF UR BLACK AND U KILLA BLACK PERSON,THEY COULD BE FROM UR FAMILY

FUCK THE SYSTEM FREE BABY BOY AND the REST OF the HOMIES,ITS FUNNY CUZ WHEN HE FIRST GOT LOCKED UP FOR THE MURDER AT HIS TRIAL SOME HOMIES WERE THERE AND THEY HAD A HUGE PICTURE OF JAMIEL SHAW AND BABY BOY WAS LAUGHING AND THEY ASKED HIM WHAT HE SAW WHEN HE LOOKED AT THE PIC AND HE SAID HE SEES A DEAD SLOB,BABY BOY GETS MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT FROM THE HOMIES FROM THE HOOD

TCC19
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Victorville CA

Unread post by TCC19 » August 27th, 2009, 2:10 pm

I thought that in CA you could only get the death penalty if the murder was in conjunction with another felony I heard some lawyer on t.v say that recently.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 28th, 2009, 12:02 am

it is very unusual for an assailant to face the death penalty for a single murder, that according to the preliminary court hearing, was not premeditated. Pedro Espinoza just happen to be visiting Jamiel's neighbor who was not home, and they, by chance had crossed paths because Jamiel was walking home, south on 5th Avenue when Pedro confronted him and then shot him. Death penalty you rarely see in these types of murders, but because of the community and mostly media outrage from the right, because Pedro was not a US citizens, the prosecutions office was pressured to be aggressive, so it is all political.

kmcox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kmcox » August 28th, 2009, 11:18 am

an example needs to made somewhere for all the racist killings that have taken place throughout LA on blacks. This dude is an illegal so the value of his life and sympathy is close to none by the lawmakers. so he will be the example

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » August 28th, 2009, 12:05 pm

[quote="kmcox"]an example needs to made somewhere for all the racist killings that have taken place throughout LA on blacks. This dude is an illegal so the value of his life and sympathy is close to none by the lawmakers. so he will be the example[/quote]

IT WASNT A RACIAL KILLING THO,BABY BOY WAS CLOSE HOMIES WITH 2 BLACK GANGMEMBERS FROM 18,SHADY FROM RANCHO PARK LIL LOCS AND GUSS FROM 54TH TLS,HE KILLED JAMIEL SHAW CUZ HE WAS ACTEN LIKE A GANGMEMBER,HOW the FUCK WAS BABY BOY SUPPOSE TO KNOW HE WASNT A GANGMEMBER IF HE DRESSED AND TALKED LIKE ONE,THE BLAME CANT BE ALL PUT ON HIM,JAMIEL SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN DOIN WHAT HE WAS DOIN WITH ALL THE GANGBANGIN SHIT,U DONT WANNA GET KILLED DONT GET WITH GANGS DONT CLAIM THEM SIMPLE AS THAT,JAMIEL WAS PLAYIN THE GAME OF THE STREETS AND HE LOSS,NOTHIN RACIAL TO IT,AND IF DEATH PENALTY WAS GIVEN FOR RACIAL KILLENS IN CALI THEN ALOT OF BLACKS WOULD BE ON DEATH ROW,SHIT HOW MANY INNOCENT BLACKS HAVE BEEN KILLED BY BLACKS IN SHOOT OUTS AND DRIVE BYS INVOLVING RIVAL BLACK GANGS,IM NOT RACIST BUT ALOT OF BLACKS THINK THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN BE TARGETS OF RACIAL KILLINGS,NOT JUST IN LA IN OTHER PLACES TO THEY THINK THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN BE TARGETED RACIALLY WHEN IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANY RACE,YEA BLACKS HAVE BEEN KILLED BY HISPANICS,BUT EVERYONE HAS BEEN KILLED BY EVERYONE,HISPANICS KILLING BLACKS,VICE VERSA,WHITES KILLING BLACKS,BLACKS KILLING WHITES,AND BLACKS CANT SAY MEXICANS ARE THE ONLY ONES CUZ LOOK AT OTHER SOUTH AMERICAN AND CENTRAL AMERICAN PEOPLE DOIN IT BUT THEY ARE MISTAKEN FOR MEXICANS

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » August 28th, 2009, 11:45 pm

yeah, this was far from a racial killing. He shot Jamiel because he presumed he was a Blood, a major rival to 18th street, Pedro espinoz'a gang, but we went through this already last year, so lets not start this ridiculous debate again. IT WAS NOT A RACIST Killing. If you are confused on this and live in LA I recommend that you sit in during the trial.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » August 29th, 2009, 9:07 am

[quote="alexalonso"]yeah, this was far from a racial killing. He shot Jamiel because he presumed he was a Blood, a major rival to 18th street, Pedro espinoz'a gang, but we went through this already last year, so lets not start this ridiculous debate again. IT WAS NOT A RACIST Killing. If you are confused on this and live in LA I recommend that you sit in during the trial.[/quote]

ITS FUNNY SHIT CUZ the MOM STILL BITCHES HE WAS KILLED FOR BEIN BLACK BUT THE DAD HAS ADMITTED THAT HE WAS GANG RELATED AND HE WISHES HE COULD HAVE STOPPED HIM FROM DOIN THAT

TO ME IF I GOT KILLED I WOULDNT WANT PEOPLE TO SAY IM NOT A GANG MEMBER CUZ WHEN THEY FIND OUT THEY GONNA THINK WORSE OF ME,YEA HE WASNT A GANG MEMBER BUT HIS MOM SWORE HE WASNT INTO GANGS OR ANYTHING THAT HE WAS ALL ABOUT CHURCH,FAMILY,AND SCHOOL,THEN THEY GOT PICS OF HIM AND SHIT HE WROTE THAT WAS GANG RELATED

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » August 29th, 2009, 9:16 am

[quote="MENACE18"][quote="alexalonso"]yeah, this was far from a racial killing. He shot Jamiel because he presumed he was a Blood, a major rival to 18th street, Pedro espinoz'a gang, but we went through this already last year, so lets not start this ridiculous debate again. IT WAS NOT A RACIST Killing. If you are confused on this and live in LA I recommend that you sit in during the trial.[/quote]

ITS FUNNY SHIT because the MOM STILL women HE WAS KILLED FOR BEIN BLACK BUT THE DAD HAS ADMITTED THAT HE WAS GANG RELATED AND HE WISHES HE COULD HAVE STOPPED HIM FROM DOIN THAT

TO ME IF I GOT KILLED I WOULDNT WANT PEOPLE TO SAY IM NOT A GANG MEMBER because WHEN THEY FIND OUT THEY GONNA THINK WORSE OF ME,YEA HE WASNT A GANG MEMBER BUT HIS MOM SWORE HE WASNT INTO GANGS OR ANYTHING THAT HE WAS ALL ABOUT CHURCH,FAMILY,AND SCHOOL,THEN THEY GOT PICS OF HIM AND SHIT HE WROTE THAT WAS GANG RELATED[/quote]

When Jamiel got shot,his dad said he sees thing as a "gang thing". Then he found out Pedro was illegal and he changed it to racial.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » August 29th, 2009, 9:23 am

I NEVER HEARD THAT,THANKS FOR the INFO THO,BUT THATS SOME FUCKED UP SHIT,THEN THE BLACK COMMUNITY SAYS THEY AINT RACIST AND ALL THAT BS,BABY BOY CAME TO THE U.S WHEN HE WAS 4,HES BEEN HERE EVER SINCE,HE WAS RAISED AROUND BLACKS,IS COOL WITH BLACK 18STRS,SHIT AT the COURT ONCE SOME HOMIES FROM 18 WERE THERE AND THEY WERE BLACK AND THEY WERE SUPPORTING HIM

MadIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: CHICAGO

Unread post by MadIP » September 2nd, 2009, 7:10 am

IF YOU LOOK LIKE A GANG MEMBER, THEN DONT GRUMBLE WHEN U GET TARGET AS ONE. WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS HOW FOR ONE MURDER YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET A DEATH PENALTY, EITHER THE JUDGE IS BLACK OR SOMEBODY THERE IS, CAUSE DEATH PENALTY MEANS THE STATE IS GONNA MURDER YOU, AND THAT TYPE OF SENTENCE IS USED FOR MUTIPLE MURDERS, TO STOP HIM. NOW COME SAYIN FUCK THE POLICE AND ALL THAT STUFF, WHEN THE JUSTICE IS PRO-BLACK

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » September 2nd, 2009, 8:59 am

[quote="MadIP"]IF YOU LOOK LIKE A GANG MEMBER, THEN DONT GRUMBLE WHEN U GET TARGET AS ONE. WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS HOW FOR ONE MURDER YOU CAN ACTUALLY GET A DEATH PENALTY, EITHER THE JUDGE IS BLACK OR SOMEBODY THERE IS, CAUSE DEATH PENALTY MEANS THE STATE IS GONNA MURDER YOU, AND THAT TYPE OF SENTENCE IS USED FOR MUTIPLE MURDERS, TO STOP HIM. NOW COME SAYIN fu-- THE POLICE AND ALL THAT STUFF, WHEN THE JUSTICE IS PRO-BLACK[/quote]

I agree I think the judge is either black or a conservative white who is also against order 40 and those illegals.

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » September 2nd, 2009, 9:02 am

[quote="MENACE18"][quote="alexalonso"]yeah, this was far from a racial killing. He shot Jamiel because he presumed he was a Blood, a major rival to 18th street, Pedro espinoz'a gang, but we went through this already last year, so lets not start this ridiculous debate again. IT WAS NOT A RACIST Killing. If you are confused on this and live in LA I recommend that you sit in during the trial.[/quote]

ITS FUNNY SHIT because the MOM STILL women HE WAS KILLED FOR BEIN BLACK BUT THE DAD HAS ADMITTED THAT HE WAS GANG RELATED AND HE WISHES HE COULD HAVE STOPPED HIM FROM DOIN THAT

TO ME IF I GOT KILLED I WOULDNT WANT PEOPLE TO SAY IM NOT A GANG MEMBER because WHEN THEY FIND OUT THEY GONNA THINK WORSE OF ME,YEA HE WASNT A GANG MEMBER BUT HIS MOM SWORE HE WASNT INTO GANGS OR ANYTHING THAT HE WAS ALL ABOUT CHURCH,FAMILY,AND SCHOOL,THEN THEY GOT PICS OF HIM AND SHIT HE WROTE THAT WAS GANG RELATED[/quote]

You know what Jamiels dad said bK stands for?? He said it means Black Killer....I couldnt stop laughing...

xbluudevilx
What city do you live in now?: Santa Ana CA

Unread post by xbluudevilx » September 2nd, 2009, 10:55 am

[quote="MENACE18"][quote="youayntfresh"][quote="alexalonso"]ITS FUNNY because WHEN HE FIRST GOT LOCKED UP FOR THE MURDER AT HIS TRIAL SOME HOMIES WERE THERE AND THEY HAD A HUGE PICTURE OF JAMIEL SHAW AND BABY BOY WAS LAUGHING AND THEY ASKED HIM WHAT HE SAW WHEN HE LOOKED AT THE PIC AND HE SAID HE SEES A DEAD SLOB..[/quote]

Yeah its funny hes gonna get injected with poison and be a dead beaner. fuck freein his ass.. another less ese off the streets.

xbluudevilx

Unread post by xbluudevilx » September 2nd, 2009, 10:59 am

[quote="MENACE18"]IS COOL WITH BLACK 18STRS,SHIT AT the COURT ONCE SOME HOMIES FROM 18 WERE THERE AND THEY WERE BLACK AND THEY WERE SUPPORTING HIM[/quote]

cuz those african amercan 18STrs are lost.

youayntfresh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by youayntfresh » September 2nd, 2009, 6:02 pm

[quote="xbluudevilx"][quote="MENACE18"][quote="youayntfresh"][quote="alexalonso"]ITS FUNNY because WHEN HE FIRST GOT LOCKED UP FOR THE MURDER AT HIS TRIAL SOME HOMIES WERE THERE AND THEY HAD A HUGE PICTURE OF JAMIEL SHAW AND BABY BOY WAS LAUGHING AND THEY ASKED HIM WHAT HE SAW WHEN HE LOOKED AT THE PIC AND HE SAID HE SEES A DEAD SLOB..[/quote]

Yeah its funny hes gonna get injected with poison and be a dead beaner. fu-- freein his ass.. another less ese off the streets.[/quote]

Hey Jamiels dead so I have no idea why your happy a Latino thug who MIGHT die vs a black thug who IS dead.

xbluudevilx

Unread post by xbluudevilx » September 2nd, 2009, 6:13 pm

i aint happy for none of them cuz i aint know them. im just sayin in general.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » September 3rd, 2009, 5:23 pm

[quote="xbluudevilx"][quote="MENACE18"]IS COOL WITH BLACK 18STRS,SHIT AT the COURT ONCE SOME HOMIES FROM 18 WERE THERE AND THEY WERE BLACK AND THEY WERE SUPPORTING HIM[/quote]

because those african amercan 18STrs are lost.[/quote]

U LIVE IN LB,RACIST ASS PLACE,EVERY RACE GOES AT WITH EACHOTHER,AND WHEN 18ST STARED LETTIN IN ANY RACE JOIN,WE DONT SEE IT AS BLACKS,BROWN,WHITE GANG MEMBERS,WE JUST SEE 18STRS,THATS IT,EVEN IF A HOMIE HAS ISSUES WITH BLACKS THEY DONT HATE THEM ALL,WERE JUST ALL HOMIES,ITS LIKE HISPANICS WHO JOIN BLACK HOODS,THEY DONT SEE JUST A BLACK GANG,THEY SEE THEYRE HOMIES

Return to “Los Angeles Area News”