Cops Target Black P Stone Gang in Baldwin Village

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
Ms. Nisi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Cops Target Black P Stone Gang in Baldwin Village

Unread post by Ms. Nisi » August 15th, 2004, 5:17 pm

Police Target Black P Stone Gang in Baldwin Village

Vow to prosecute and evict violent gang members from South Los Angeles community.

By Leslie Evans

Thirty-five years ago as the legend has it, T. Rogers, a member of the Chicago Blackstone Rangers, moved to Los Angeles and started a local chapter. This eventually called itself the Black P Stones. Over the years the P Stones grew into one of the larger gangs in South Los Angeles, affiliating with the Bloods and warring with the Crips. One community that has suffered the most from the P Stones has been Baldwin Village. This little enclave, a bit west and south of West Adams, has irregular boundaries but begins basically at Coliseum and Crenshaw and spreads out west and south of there for 10 or 20 blocks with its western border generally given as La Brea and the south as Santo Tomas Drive.

The area is called the Jungle, not so much because of the gang members, but because of lush foliage put in by early developers. The name has stuck, but the sense of it has changed to signify mean streets and drive-by shootings. The Jungle was used for a memorable on-location scene in the Denzel Washington film "Training Day," where gang members with assault rifles line up on the rooftops of a dead end street. It was filmed on Palmwood Drive in the heart of Baldwin Village.

The new commanding officer at Southwest Police Station, Captain Kyle Jackson, says that Chief Bratton is determined to roll the Stones out of the Jungle. At a June 7 meeting of the Southwest Police Station's citizen Community Police Advisory Board, Jackson reported the start of the Safer City Initiative, which will supply extra officers to confront particularly tough locations. A total of 14 specially assigned police are headed for Baldwin Village in response to appeals by residents to take on the Black P Stones.

There are an estimated 700 members of the Black P Stones, 400 of whom live in Baldwin Village. They are accused of committing 7 murders, 261 robberies and 40 sexual assaults this year. "The chief has made the determination that this cannot stand," Captain Jackson told the CPAB members and community representatives, adding, "I support him 100 percent."

Evictions Are Coming
Jackson said that the Safer City Initiative officers would go beyond ordinary arrests for crimes such as drug dealing, assault, and parole violation and would undertake "an abatement process to remove the Black P Stones by traditional and nontraditional methods." LAPD is working with apartment owners and managers to post no trespassing signs. "We will arrest trespassers," Jackson vowed, "And any gang member who sells narcotics or commits a violent crime within 1000 feet of their residence will be evicted." Where apartment owners and tenants are afraid to act, Jackson said, "We will act for them."

Tenants on Section 8 federal housing assistance "who allow boyfriends or girl friends to sleep over where that person is committing a crime will have their Section 8 revoked. Those convicted will be mapped out of the area and it will be illegal for them to return."

He said further that the city is in process of instituting permit parking for Baldwin Village. This will allow two vehicles per tenant. "Tenants who want visitors can come to the police station to get a special permit."

Captain Jackson acknowledged that these are harsh measures. "We are trying to save lives," he said. "That community has so much lawlessness." He called on members of the community in Baldwin Village to come out and help take back their neighborhood.

"If we are successful we will use this as a model in other communities," the captain added.

One member of the audience raised a concern about the relocation of evicted gang members into other nearby communities. Captain Jackson agreed this will happen, but responded, "We have a strategy for dispersal. Gang members are cowards. They don't do anything alone. We want to break this group up, to force them individually out of that area." He said the City Attorney's office has made a commitment to pursue the evictions of gang members and their families where arrests have been made and formal charges have been filed.

The police department is also pursuing an injunction against the Black P Stone gang. Asked about possible violations of civil rights, the captain said that everything would be done by the book and that no laws would be broken by the police. He also said he wants the gang members and the community to know this is coming:

"We want them to know what we are going to do. We are going to have foot patrols that will knock on every door of the most problematic buildings. We will post flyers explaining the grounds for eviction so everybody knows what will happen or the grounds on which they can lose their Section 8. Too many people need our help and they are going to get it."

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Cops Target Black P Stone Gang in Baldwin Village

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » September 25th, 2004, 8:17 pm

Them COP's better keep a uniform pressed,boot's shined,badges polished and hope it ain't there ass on that receiving end of a HOT ONE. It's going to be a 187 on a cop in a minute.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 25th, 2004, 8:28 pm

SnowmanW/S wrote:Them COP's better keep a uniform pressed,boot's shined,badges polished and hope it ain't there ass on that receiving end of a HOT ONE. It's going to be a 187 on a cop in a minute.
.CUZ FOR REAL THOUGH

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » September 25th, 2004, 8:31 pm

Get them lungs ready for them BAGPIPES also. And get 21 blank's ready for the salute.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » September 25th, 2004, 8:38 pm

Yea i member talking to the homey in july or august and he was telling me the police was gonna build a sub station on palmwood. i don't know if they really are but thats what i heard

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » September 26th, 2004, 9:57 am

40 sexual assaults this year.

WHAT KIND OF GANGSTER SHYT IS THIS????

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » September 26th, 2004, 9:58 am

40 sexual assaults this year.

Q
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Q » September 26th, 2004, 11:38 am

S-DOOBIE wrote:40 sexual assaults this year.

word that shit is not cool

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 26th, 2004, 12:38 pm

SnowmanW/S wrote:Them COP's better keep a uniform pressed,boot's shined,badges polished and hope it ain't there ass on that receiving end of a HOT ONE. It's going to be a 187 on a cop in a minute.
You do know if the LAPD want to go get a fool. They will. Remember back not to long ago when Lil Kay Kay blasted on that LAPD officer, they shut down that entire neighborhood all around 48th st and western. At least 2-3 miles in perimeter. Nobody was going in and nobody was leaving, and it wasn't a damn thing anybody could do about it. Dogs going through everybody's house. Fools that were dirty for other crimes being collected on the spot.

Few hours later Lil Kay Kay was face down in the dirt with a cops boot on his back....24hrs later in the county...48hrs later he was dead.

So who ever is dumb enough to go down that road may I say "god bless ya." Your gonna need it.

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 26th, 2004, 2:45 pm

FIRST THING I EVER AGREE WITH YOU ON

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » September 26th, 2004, 8:22 pm

Yeah but the J'z is different. Its not like 48th & Western area. The J'z at night is very dark. Lots of hidding places and the community is scared to death of them Niggaz.

So this I would have to say will probaly be one of the most dangerous missions for the LAPD in some time......

No BS......

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 26th, 2004, 8:26 pm

ESPECIALLY IF THE J'S ADAPT A BOUNTY HUNTER BLOOD MENTALITY

OneHundred3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OneHundred3 » September 26th, 2004, 9:12 pm

nobody talks about Grapes dumpin on the pigs

like that one a couple months ago niggaz drove by the pigs twice dumpin on em niggaz busted a U and wuz still dumpin on the pigs , not runnin from em like other gangs that have shot at police........watch yo punk ass when u step on Grape Street in good ol Watts muthafuckaz

CHRIS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CHRIS » September 26th, 2004, 9:19 pm

NEVER HEARD ABOUT THAT. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN

OneHundred3
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by OneHundred3 » September 26th, 2004, 10:03 pm

couple months ago

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 27th, 2004, 2:47 pm

CHRIS wrote:FIRST THING I EVER AGREE WITH YOU ON
Chris disagreeing with me is disagreeing with Common Sense, so stick with me kid and you'll go places.........LOL.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » September 27th, 2004, 2:55 pm

Young Nile wrote:Yeah but the J'z is different. Its not like 48th & Western area. The J'z at night is very dark. Lots of hidding places and the community is scared to death of them Niggaz.
So this I would have to say will probaly be one of the most dangerous missions for the LAPD in some time......
No BS......
Young Nile:

G's are on the street because the feds and the state hasn't decided it was in their best interest to completely get rid of them.

Let say the G's in the jungle decided to move or to start trippin' in Santa Monica because it was cooler. It ain't going to happen. they are crossing the money line.

G's in pasadena ain't gonna set trip in old town. That's crossing the money line.

If the Jews still lived in the jungle, they would no such thing as P Stones over there. The city tends to not sweat with there is no economic income or growth.

Let the P stones try to creep up north past whilshire blvd on La Brea. It ain't gonna happen. That's the money line.

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » September 27th, 2004, 4:24 pm

LOL

W/S $nowman

Unread post by W/S $nowman » October 11th, 2004, 8:02 pm

This is the one and only SNOWMANW/S
till I get back under my old name this is the new CUZZIN's

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » February 26th, 2005, 6:14 am

E`S`T wrote:40 sexual assaults this year.

The mid west Black P Stones would not allow thier members to commit sexual assaults.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » February 26th, 2005, 10:35 am

On the west coast it's very common for black gang members (especially crips) to commit sexual assault while doing other crimes. Sexual assault is usually the bonus point of the original crime.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » February 26th, 2005, 5:54 pm

Thats because west coast gangs have no laws to follow.Most of chicagos black organizations forbid rape/sexual assualt in thier bylaws.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » February 27th, 2005, 10:56 am

anybody who rape is a buster. rape is a cowardly act that only weenies do.

1111§
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 1111§ » February 27th, 2005, 11:22 am

raphead2001 wrote:anybody who rape is a buster. rape is a cowardly act that only weenies do.
True.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » February 28th, 2005, 1:05 am

The jungles is considered projects?

I know like scottsdale is considered projects but they nice ass condos..just ghetto as fuck

but Jungles..shit..thats way worse..I havent even been there..just by reading shit.

do they really got that shit on lock??

if they do..how do the drive bys happen if theres one way in and one way out??

wouldnt they have the other foos surrounded?

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » February 28th, 2005, 1:40 am

Common Sense wrote:On the west coast it's very common for black gang members (especially crips) to commit sexual assault while doing other crimes. Sexual assault is usually the bonus point of the original crime.
Thats BS!!!!!

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » February 28th, 2005, 10:40 am

I wish I was kidding Young Nile. There are hundreds of young black male's in the system with forcible rape on their files in the Cali system. I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but in California sexual assault out of opportunity among young black males is alive and well.

You can check the rap sheet of those that are in California State Prison. When you compare groups (Aryans, Hispanics gang members, black gang members), the black gang members % wise has the most sexual assaults among it's ranks.

I'm not saying that black gang members are serial rapists like some white males, What I'm saying is that many black gang members tend to sexually assault women out of OPPORTUNITY more so than any other ethnic group.

A classic case:

8 Tray drug deal that went bad involving Damian (Football) Williams and a few associates a few years ago. (The story in a nut shell) Someone sold them fake drugs they went after the sister, shot two girls in a parked car that looked like the sisters car, but they were two innocent by standers, they then went after the girl who set the deal up, kidnapped her, beat her and RAPED HER, and had her call the drug dealer that cheated them. He arrived they and killed him, so now all of those fools earned two and three strikes and were apprenhended. I'm sure their goals was not to commit rape, they wanted revenge on the dealer, but since the girl was there, they went for the azz as a bonus. Now they are doing life time prison sentences.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » February 28th, 2005, 11:24 am

that type of behavior is frowned upon out here.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Young Nile » February 28th, 2005, 12:51 pm

Common Sense wrote:I wish I was kidding Young Nile. There are hundreds of young black male's in the system with forcible rape on their files in the Cali system. I'm not sure about the rest of the country, but in California sexual assault out of opportunity among young black males is alive and well.

You can check the rap sheet of those that are in California State Prison. When you compare groups (Aryans, Hispanics gang members, black gang members), the black gang members % wise has the most sexual assaults among it's ranks.

I'm not saying that black gang members are serial rapists like some white males, What I'm saying is that many black gang members tend to sexually assault women out of OPPORTUNITY more so than any other ethnic group.

A classic case:

8 Tray drug deal that went bad involving Damian (Football) Williams and a few associates a few years ago. (The story in a nut shell) Someone sold them fake drugs they went after the sister, shot two girls in a parked car that looked like the sisters car, but they were two innocent by standers, they then went after the girl who set the deal up, kidnapped her, beat her and RAPED HER, and had her call the drug dealer that cheated them. He arrived they and killed him, so now all of those fools earned two and three strikes and were apprenhended. I'm sure their goals was not to commit rape, they wanted revenge on the dealer, but since the girl was there, they went for the azz as a bonus. Now they are doing life time prison sentences.
I'm From LA born in raised. I grew up on Vermont & King. I'm from Dirty Old Man. and I done spent 7yrs in the system. I know the business out Crime out here in Cali especially in the Gang community. That type of stuff is frowned upon out here and in the system to the fullest. Growing up I watched hundreds of niggaz come and go with the exception of a few isolated incodents never heard of niggaz raping women like it was the thing to do.

When I was in the system we didn't even Fuc* with niggaz like that they was "Sex Offenders" they got special yards for niggaz like that" Now I'm not saying that it doesn't happen however its not as commen as your trying to make it seem....

We had a incodent like that in my neighborhood. We ran the homie off. To this day homies will blast the nigga if they catch the nigga slippen, and the female he rapped we burley new she wasn't rep the turf she just lived in the hood a school girl. She just lived in the hood. So if a small hood like mine regulating on niggaz behind that shit I know we aint the only one...

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » February 28th, 2005, 1:56 pm

Young Nile wrote:Growing up I watched hundreds of niggaz come and go with the exception of a few isolated incodents never heard of niggaz raping women like it was the thing to do..
No. I don't think it is the thing to do, but many do get caught up like this. I'm not saying it's the majority either. A few hundred cases out of several thousands young blacks, but the pattern tends to be more than the other races. At least from my interviews. Having said that, you are now going to be more keen on the subject in the streets now. You'll start hearing o more about it.
Young Nile wrote:When I was in the system we didn't even Fuc* with niggaz like that they was "Sex Offenders" they got special yards for niggaz like that" Now I'm not saying that it doesn't happen however its not as commen as your trying to make it seem.......
I can buy that.
Young Nile wrote:We had a incodent like that in my neighborhood. We ran the homie off. To this day homies will blast the nigga if they catch the nigga slippen, and the female he rapped we burley new she wasn't rep the turf she just lived in the hood a school girl. She just lived in the hood. So if a small hood like mine regulating on niggaz behind that shit I know we aint the only one...
I believe this is the generally attitude in most neighborhoods...people for the most part isn't down with it, but there are too many of these individual fellows roaming around undercover that will go there. heck..it happened on my block. A couple of crack heads got there smoke on, male crack head decided he was gonna get his, so he made a move in the bushes and it was on. Opportunity. I'm curious to know if that guy you mentioned, raped out of opportunity (cause the azz was there) or he was a straight out serial rapist.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » February 28th, 2005, 2:01 pm

alot of people dont like to hear about it. but its true. their IS Crips that do stuff like that. I know some girls who were kidnapped, raped and dumbed naked in parks by some Crips. of course its nowhere near the majority who do these things... but it does happen.

Common Sense
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Common Sense » February 28th, 2005, 2:14 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:Thats because west coast gangs have no laws to follow.Most of chicagos black organizations forbid rape/sexual assualt in thier bylaws.
You know BMH...I heard that before, especially in the prison system.