Why is the USA obsessed with racial predjudice

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Why is the USA obsessed with racial predjudice

Unread post by NW10 » February 10th, 2006, 4:09 am

i notice alot how so many threads on this forum come down to white vs black vs hispanic etc.....

it just seems as though all white americans look down upon other races as criminals and as a detriment to society.

and that members of ethnic america all feel they are being victiminised and what not.

America has had ethnic groups for a very long time much longer than england and yet racial issues and views in england are far less common than they are in america.

white people here especially younger people have grown up with the asians and afro-caribbeans and most of us, although not all of us because racism still occurs, just see them as other members of our society regardless of origin and skin color.

the older generations often still hold racist view points but its because they were around when england was still predominantly white.

london is one of the most multi-cultural cities in the world home to over 300 ethnic groups and yet racism there is far from the scale experienced in the US.

however in londons most deprived areas there is a mix of white black and asian. deprivation is not confined to the ethnic minorities. the most non white community in england is still 10percent white whereas in southcentral the percentage of whites in neighbourhoods is usually below 2percent. according to the census anyway.

i think the problem is segregation, because while london does have its areas that are predominantly black asian or whatever there are still high proportions of white people around whereas in los angeles there are areas that are all black/hispanic, all korean etc.... with no white people

where i live is seen as a ghetto because of the gangs and shootings and high proportion of black people. outsiders who are white are intimidated by the area and see it as being a place where only black people go but the census statistics for my neighbouthood show that 29 percent here are white, 52 west indian and 15 percent african and the rest a mix of asian and mixed races.

while i kind of contradicted myself by saying some people are intimidated because it is mostly black people the issue of race in england and particularly london is not the same of that in the US

what are your thoughts on this

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » February 10th, 2006, 9:22 pm

I think the real issue is who can be the neediest vicitm ... and the race card just seems to play in so well.

When people can stop being victims they will stop accusing their "perpetrators".

if so many want to be something they arent then how can they honor who they truly are?

When people stop being "special" (ie, underpriviledged, racially, decriminated against, "different".. whatever) they can get on with just being...

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 11th, 2006, 9:35 am

You can stop being being"special" all you want, but sticking your head in the sand is not gonna make it go away, and also racisim as you know it now, IS an AMERICAN CREATION.

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » February 12th, 2006, 12:38 am

anurwarizra wrote:You can stop being being"special" all you want, but sticking your head in the sand is not gonna make it go away, and also racisim as you know it now, IS an AMERICAN CREATION.

what is "reverse descrimination"? I always hear it on the news and it is always in reference to what appears to be anti-white prejudicial attitudes of blacks... or what I see as blatant racism by blacks against whites... and in the eyes of the media "sad" as opposed to white pride as "bad".

Racism is racism... and just cuz you aint white doesnt mean you cant be racist.
I have met more anti white blacks and mexicans than i have met anti black or anti mexican whites.

Racism is NOT an American creation.... it has been around before history/

NW10
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NW10 » February 12th, 2006, 5:33 am

88reasonswhy wrote:
Racism is NOT an American creation.... it has been around before history/
i agree with that. when the british empire began covering the world with colonies and imperialism we were racist using the blacks and asian races as slaves because we thought we were better. making it so there countries give us there raw materials and products for minimum price and selling them ours at extortionate price.

it was this attitude and imperialism that is the reason these so called third world countries struggle today, cos of our racism and exploition

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » February 12th, 2006, 5:40 am

[i]Racism is racism... and just because you aint white doesnt mean you cant be racist.
I have met more anti white blacks and mexicans than i have met anti black or anti mexican whites.[/i]

The very definition of racism means institution, an institution that promotes inequality between races. Blacks, Mexicans in American Society, we do not have access to any institution to promote inequality between races??

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » February 16th, 2006, 9:54 pm

The dominant culture in any society can impose it's racist agenda much more efficiently than the "sub" cultures.. If you do not believe this, review
the situation that occurred over in the Balkans in the not so distant past. The Serbs were the ethnic minority in that conflict but held all the cards. Anymore remember(or care to) the ass-whooping the Croats took from them??

Being a black American, if I lived two lives, I'd live the on the parallel, one life being spent railing, remembering, and ultimately trying to reconfigure racism. The other life, would be spent living. Why, life is short as F*ck! However, having been granted only one life like most mere mortals, I live life fully and deal with the race thing with hope as opposed to hatred..

Hope-I hope I get this job based on ability and wherewithal
Hope-That we can learn to chill fully and be amped when America
finally reaches her full potential.
Hope-That I dont have to take out on of my "own" on some dumb shit.
Hope-That I dont have to take out on of "them" on some dumb racial shit..
Hope-I break off every shade of woman just like Captain Kirk did.

My bad to all for the rant but...F*ck it, man..