Time For Straight Talk Between the Black and Latino Communit

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Time For Straight Talk Between the Black and Latino Communit

Unread post by 'X' » February 25th, 2006, 12:39 pm

Racial Violence Behind Bars:
Time For Straight Talk Between the Black and Latino Communities
by Anthony Asadullah Samad

The violence that has taken place between Black and Latino inmates in the Los Angeles (and now Riverside and San Bernadino) County Jails has caused both the black and Latino communities to take inventory of their relationship. Future relations will require candor, honesty and some historical reflection that has allowed them to peacefully co-exist for 500 years.

Black community leaders (most politicians and mega-church leaders, as well as have the black civil rights organizations) have been nowhere in sight as the community has expressed its outrage over the mistreatment and what seems to be the purposeful isolation of black inmates among disproportionate groups of Latino inmates that have resulted in attacks on (and the death of two) Blacks behind bars. Most distressing is the overwhelming silence on the part of Latino leadership that has made many wonder aloud who controls the Latino community.

Both communities are looking at each other in bewilderment as distrust runs abound. One thing that neither community has done is really address the causes of this conflict (beyond blaming the Sheriff's Dept.-who does have some culpability in setting up some of the conflict, but is not the true source). We've only looked at the effects of what circumstances had caused. It's time both communities have a little straight talk-not about what is right but about what is true and just.

The black community first…We have to be honest about why black inmates are being attacked, and yes, it's racial. It's not about gangs moving from the streets into the jails. So-called gangs have moved in and out of jails for several decades now. And yes, overcrowding is a contributing factor. Disparate treatment by the Sheriff's Dept. is another contributing factor (that black leadership should be all over), but the principle factor is an event that should have shocked us all and a united call for justice. Has it occurred to anybody that the race riots increased significantly since the January 29th shooting of Elio Carrion by San Bernardino Sheriff's deputy, Ivory J. Webb. Once the video-taped shooting of an unarmed Air Force senior airman made its rounds on national television, the jail riots began. This is also when the Mexican Mafia allegedly "greenlighted" the attacks on black inmates. The black community has asked why the Latino community has not spoken out on the attacks, or against the Mexican Mafia, for giving the go (if that's actually what has happened). But the black community has not led the call for Webb to be prosecuted by the San Bernardino District Attorney's Office. We are a community that knows what it's like to be racially attacked and afflicted by the larger community and not have anyone speak out. That's our history here in America and our constant complaint against so-called "right-minded" Whites that allow racism to persist in its colorblind context. Yet, it's happened to our Latino brothers and sisters, and we're silent, and several in the Latino community (including some of my students at East Los Angeles College) have asked when the black community is going to speak out on the San Bernardino shooting of a Latino citizen by a Black cop. It hasn't happened.

Now the Latino communityWe have to be honest about this whole Latino empowerment trip that some in the community has waged as a "takeover" campaign based on population shifts. It's interesting that these "pro-Latino" proponents are not aggressing on Whites or Asians in the same way that they are aggressing on African Americans, even as Blacks have played a role in advancing this empowerment agenda with the election of Antonio Villaraigosa, among others. We understand that Blacks and Latinos are in direct competition for entry, middle level and even senior level jobs in a marketplace where job growth is not keeping up with population growth. It's also not lost that both communities are plagued with gang violence, but the one thing that black leaders have done is to be ardent opponents of gang violence and some of the most vocal in calling for "O.G.s" to intercede on street level and jail level conflict. Black community activists have been among the most vocal in police attacks against Latinos, including Rampart Scandal and the baby Pina shooting. Black grassroots was among the most vocal in calling for the firing and jailing of bad black cops Rafeal Perez and David Mack, as well as the Latino LAPD officer that shot Devin Brown. The Latino leadership (except for State Senator, Gloria Romero) has been extremely closed lipped. This includes Latino clergy. Those who claim they want justice, must pursue justice in all its realms and not be influenced by "the color of injustice." Dr. King said that "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." This could never be more true than in this instance. If Blacks want justice behind bars, we have to call for justice in the streets, and if Latinos want justice for Elio Carrion in the streets, they have to call for justice behind bars.

For the racial jail violence to stop, the black community, including black leadership, must march on San Bernardino (as it has marched on Riverside, Claremont and Lancaster) and call on the District Attorney's Office, who has investigated some 120 officer involved shooting in San Bernardino County-and has never charged an officer-to charge Ivory Webb with attempted murder under the collar of authority, so due process can take its course and the truth about what really happened can be known. And the Latino community, including Latino leadership, is going to have to call a halt-via the Mexican mafia or otherwise-to the attacks of black inmates in the county jails. Both communities must put what is just before what they think is right. Rightness is relative (and some even think revenge is right). We must understand that what some of us think right isn't always just. But what is just is always right. If we can stand a little straight talk, justice must prevail in both communities, and we must help each other get justice in each other's cause.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » February 25th, 2006, 1:22 pm

Why is it that when ever black "leaders" try to create solidarity with Latinos they always emphasize historical connections between blacks and Latinos? Why not just try to get along. Why make every thing about race?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 25th, 2006, 1:26 pm

Because wether you like it or not my friend race politics in LA is the way it is. It's sad, but that's it. That being the case, why still make exuces, like the above post said, it's about str8 talk, and finding answers, all this could be media hype anyway, a couple of incidents blown up, and people not saying ANYTHING is not helping. I've said it before, i'll say it again, if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem!

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » February 26th, 2006, 3:43 am

Who controls the latino community? give me break....no one controls the "latino community" Who are they asking to speak to La EME?? Mexican people have nothing to do with what goes on in prisons. When will people get that? . and for the record one of those guys that got killed was in for sexual abuse of minors, poor guy!

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » February 28th, 2006, 10:50 pm

Silencioso wrote:Why is it that when ever black "leaders" try to create solidarity with Latinos they always emphasize historical connections between blacks and Latinos? Why not just try to get along. Why make every thing about race?

i dont know and all latinos dont have the same historical connection compared to african americans this is where i shake my head in shame as if this leaders know about the racial makeup of these countries and there histories not to setp on you but what about latino groups that have lots of whites in their countries?

or the latinos they oppress there own black people in their own country

boston312
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by boston312 » March 2nd, 2006, 10:28 pm

Many African-Americans are often mislead about the Latino representation in today's society.

For the most part, all black activists, civil leaders and the majority of the African-American population speak out for equal rights, civil liberties and a halt to racial discrimination. Everyone is on the same page pushing for the same interests and the same agenda.

The Hispanic population in this country is split by a variety of obstacles and interests. The most obvious difference is the nationalistic agenda. Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, Central Americans and South Americans are all pushing for different legislature and fighting for different equalities.

Puerto Ricans for instance might protest and speak out for their Independence since Puerto Rico has always belonged to the United States as a territory. Mexicans might speak out on border reform and humanitarian rights in the United States and the Cubans might speak out against the Capitolistic vs Communist relationship between the 2 countries. Each country has different agendas and different interests which is the opposite of the African Americans where everyone is pretty much on the same page.

X brings up the point "Why is no one speaking out against brown on black crimes within the Hispanic Community" (although not verbatum).

My question to X is who is exactly suppose to take responsibillity for these jail attacks? Is it Central Americans (Salvatrucha), Mexican Mafia, Mexicans or Chicanos causing these attacks on black inmates and on the streets?

There are even huge obstacles within the Mexican community in the United States. There has always been a rough relationship between Mexicans from Mexico and Mexican-Americans (Chicanos) from the United States. These groups often dont have the same agendas and have different interests as well even though they share the same ethnicity.
Mexicans from Mexico will speak out on Border reforms and humanitarian treatment while Chicanos will speak out on basic American civil rights protections such as Caucasions and blacks do.

To answer X's question, the Latino activists have way too many interests and obstacles to speak out as just one group. The reason why Latino actvivsts are not speaking out is because they probaly dont see any responsibility in the crimes since there are so many classes and different interests amongst them.

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » March 3rd, 2006, 1:53 am

Some good points boston. I wonder if the immigration of people from latin america in the past decade or so have even further "isolated" the greater latino community from being one great political voice and power that can work with the black community. The black community have a long and proud tradition of being outspoken about basic human rights and dignity, about fighting for what is rightfully theirs since they first landed on American soil. Latino's have also faced terrible racism in america and california, but I don't think until the caesar chavez years did we start to see their community become politically active. But the newer generation may not care about such things, I don't know.

But I am torn here. In some sense I do see it as a huge power struggle. But I am coming to the realization that that is too easy and convenient, and hiding racism isn't going to help. When you have innocent civilians on the streets being targetted and killed indiscriminately because of their skin color, I seriously think it's less of power and more of racial intimidation. Well, I guess that still is power....

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » March 3rd, 2006, 2:16 am

the last few replies were on point. and by my earlier reply i dont mean to cause further conflict and to bitch. me being a mexican american, i dont NOTHING in common with a cuban or a puerto rican. Everyone knows Cubans are bigtime republicans. that says alot right there. The struggles of the mexican people and the struggles of cubans and puerto ricans are all very different. Alot of Puerto Ricans look at mexicans as wetbacks cuz alot come in illegally. Puerto Rico is owned by the U.S. so they can come and go as they please they are born with U.S. citizenship so they think their better then us.
To my black peoples ...if you werent born here in the U.S. (which is ironic because blacks were forced here) you'd have the same struggles of a mexican. If africa was next to the U.S. I bet my life that Africans would be jumpin that border just like mexicans do. Or anyone else for that matter. Shit the chinese come over here on ships packed up like sardines all the timeand they on the other side of the world. Thats why i dont put much weight on that word wetback cuz if mexican werent next door whoever else was next door would be the wetback. Thats how i look at it

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 3rd, 2006, 11:32 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:the last few replies were on point. and by my earlier reply i dont mean to cause further conflict and to bitch. me being a mexican american, i dont NOTHING in common with a cuban or a puerto rican. Everyone knows Cubans are bigtime republicans. that says alot right there. The struggles of the mexican people and the struggles of cubans and puerto ricans are all very different. Alot of Puerto Ricans look at mexicans as wetbacks because alot come in illegally. Puerto Rico is owned by the U.S. so they can come and go as they please they are born with U.S. citizenship so they think their better then us.
To my black peoples ...if you werent born here in the U.S. (which is ironic because blacks were forced here) you'd have the same struggles of a mexican. If africa was next to the U.S. I bet my life that Africans would be jumpin that border just like mexicans do. Or anyone else for that matter. Shit the chinese come over here on ships packed up like sardines all the timeand they on the other side of the world. Thats why i dont put much weight on that word wetback because if mexican werent next door whoever else was next door would be the wetback. Thats how i look at it
Real excellent point. Just want to comment on a couple of things. I Mexican-American and at I look at it this way. Just because other Latinos are not Mexican and haven't experienced the things we have doesn't mean we can't speak. That doesn't mean they can't be friendly and that doesn't mean we can't show common courtesy to each other. It's not about any group being better. Because in reality, none of us is better than the other. Every country in Latin America is a 3rd world country. One way to look at it is how some people in the poor side of town think they are better than their neighbors but the reality is that they are still living in the gutter. So, yeah, we have some differences but that doesn't mean people can't communicate on a level of mutual respect. Now, if one Latino is flat out disrespectful because of another Latino's nationality, LOL, now that ishth would have me lauging so hard I might pass out. Then of course, put them in check with facts.

Peace!

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » March 4th, 2006, 2:31 am

It’s not a black vs. Latino thing because there are many Latinos that are black. It’s more like Mexican vs. black. Mexican vs. Salvadorians... Mexican vs. Puerto Ricans... Mexican vs. Cubans. There’s a general consensus that Mexican Americans tend to thumb their nose at other ethnicities, especially from other Latin American Countries. I have several friends from El Salvador that tell me they are often mistaken as Mexican by Mexican people, but when they declare they are actually from El Salvador, Mexicans look down on them as if their not as good. I know blacks from the Panama Canal and Belizeans that tell me they are surprised when they come to this country and overhear Mexicans talking shit about them believing them to be African Americans not knowing they too speak Spanish.

I guess that’s just the price you pay when you’re group is perceived as the majority. Every other ethnic group will be looking at yours with a lot more scrutiny.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 4th, 2006, 11:08 am

Tre wrote:It’s not a black vs. Latino thing because there are many Latinos that are black. It’s more like Mexican vs. black. Mexican vs. Salvadorians... Mexican vs. Puerto Ricans... Mexican vs. Cubans. There’s a general consensus that Mexican Americans tend to thumb their nose at other ethnicities, especially from other Latin American Countries. I have several friends from El Salvador that tell me they are often mistaken as Mexican by Mexican people, but when they declare they are actually from El Salvador, Mexicans look down on them as if their not as good. I know blacks from the Panama Canal and Belizeans that tell me they are surprised when they come to this country and overhear Mexicans talking shit about them believing them to be African Americans not knowing they too speak Spanish.

I guess that’s just the price you pay when you’re group is perceived as the majority. Every other ethnic group will be looking at yours with a lot more scrutiny.
No, excuse you. First of all, you aren't Mexican so you don't know what the fohk we be thinking. You just have this narrow perception of all Mexicans based on your very small number of incidents living here in Southern Cali. Second, if you think racism doesn't exist in any of the countries that you mentioned, you are bullshtting yourself and the people on this board. Every Latin country has its own discrimination system (even cuba) and they're almost always based upon skin color. Third, I don't think it's exactly a secret among other Latinos that they have no love for Mexicans--and that's due to jealousy, envy, race, and politics. Mexico has very close ties to the USA, which gives it more visibility, it has the highest population, and strongest economy, than any other Latin American country. Also, Mexicans have more Native blood than most other countries and people don't like that isht. So, that leads to a bunch of problems.

Con

Unread post by Con » March 4th, 2006, 12:45 pm

its not just mexican vs blacks I know some homies from Central america that hate blacks with a passion Its not just Mexicans its everyone.
Why DO you think they hate blacks becuase they bitch to much and complain?

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » March 4th, 2006, 12:52 pm

Con wrote:its not just mexican vs blacks I know some homies from Central america that hate blacks with a passion Its not just Mexicans its everyone.
Only whites,or those brain washed by them,view fighting for your rights as bitching.If it wasnt for blacks and the civil rights struggle none of us people of color,including latinos,would have the little that we do now.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 4th, 2006, 1:05 pm

Con wrote:
its not just mexican vs blacks I know some homies from Central america that hate blacks with a passion Its not just Mexicans its everyone.
Cant speak for West Coast Blacks but here in the East, the "Brothers" don't give a damn if some half-pint, inbred looking Indians from Central
America hate us. Keep it real, there's a gang of jealously and envy directed towards brothers and most of that stems from the fact that culturally and socially, we dominate this shit. And this goes for many, if
not, most men from backgrounds that arent Black American. How does
one group hate another, when there's not even co-existence amongst
the two. Come to America already hating Blacks, a pre-existing mindset
taught by none other than the propaganda machine of the USA. Many
of the Latins are getting straight pimped by Whites' and are in some serious denial of this reality. Too bad that "passionate hatred" doesnt extend to many of their women...haha

Con

Unread post by Con » March 4th, 2006, 4:02 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
Con wrote:its not just mexican vs blacks I know some homies from Central america that hate blacks with a passion Its not just Mexicans its everyone.
Only whites,or those brain washed by them,view fighting for your rights as bitching.If it wasnt for blacks and the civil rights struggle none of us people of color,including latinos,would have the little that we do now.
How can Whites brainwash other people from mexico and central americans ? Ads lol. I like whites but i dont like the racist ones. Us latinos didnt ask for civil rights We woulda did something if the civil rights movement never happend its just a matter of time when use Latinos take over the US.

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » March 4th, 2006, 4:13 pm

To Rollin_inmy_SixFo

I am actually agreeing with you that Latinos at large have no love for Mexicans! So how are my views so narrow if you are sharing them?

I am also aware of the racism inherent in each Latin American country, especially Mexico and how light skin Latinos are given preference over our darker skin brothers. As far as the perception of African Americans to the Mexico people, we have very little control of how we are marketed and sold there. We don't control your media. My girlfriend is Mexican so she tells me how there is little balance and how in Mexico they are still watching reruns of reruns of Good Times. So when you step foot into this country you are already predisposed to seeing us as buffoons and clowns and don't know how to respond when brothers start poppin caps in ur ass with that racist BS!

I'm glad Rollin_inmy_SixFo that you recognize this shit for what it is. Like you said every Latin country has its own discrimination system .. vestiges of colonialism, whereby if you closer to white you are on top and if you closer to black you on the bottom.

This thread 'Time For Straight Talk Between the Black and Latino Community' is a joke!!! It should be labeled 'The same old shit between dark skin and light skin people.' There's nothing new under the sun! Same old BS .. just re-marketed in a different way!

When is everyone going to realize that everyone whatever color you maybe really has something to offer to the world.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 4th, 2006, 4:20 pm

Con wrote:
blackmanofhonor wrote:
Con wrote:
How can Whites brainwash other people from mexico and central americans ? Ads lol. I like whites but i dont like the racist ones. Us latinos didnt ask for civil rights We woulda did something if the civil rights movement never happend its just a matter of time when use Latinos take over the US.
Anybody who has roots in the U.S. going beyond the 1960's, should know about the struggles Mexicans and blacks went through. If the civil rights movement hadn't happened, it would still be 1950 in this country and we would all still be doing manual labor. There damn sure wouldn't be all this immigration cause those racist folk weren't having none of it. Keep it real up in here.

Peace.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 5th, 2006, 1:42 am

Rollin_inmy_SixFo wrote:
Anybody who has roots in the U.S. going beyond the 1960's, should know about the struggles Mexicans and blacks went through. If the civil rights movement hadn't happened, it would still be 1950 in this country and we would all still be doing manual labor. There damn sure wouldn't be all this immigration cause those racist folk weren't having none of it. Keep it real up in here.

Peace.

Real talk right there..Word.

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » March 5th, 2006, 11:54 pm

Since this is straight talk..im'a tell u a big problem between blacks and mexicans. Since day one Blacks have looked down on mexicans as short little fools that cant fight and only get brave when they deep. I see this shit all the time even on here streetgangs.com
And to the dude that said brothers dont give a f u k about some inbred central americans???----->blacks were bred here in the U.S. in the time of slavery, they wanted them to be stronger so they could work more. Look at the blacks in africa...they pretty damn skinny and small out there. And i aint talkin about the ones that are starving. i mean regular africans ....the average african.
If you breed up any race for a few hundred years they gonna be bigger and faster. So just chill on that thinkin u bigger stronger u downer and all that....u were made that way by the white man, thank the white man for that. Ironic shit!!!!
I kno niggas gon trip on what im saying but its the mutha funkin truth.....This real talk right here, u dont like what i said look the other way....keep it real. If you say something real thats on mexicans i aint gonna trip....the truth is the truth.....we need to just be open and not think anyone is better then anyone else. Then we can start solving problems and maybe even unite one day.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 6th, 2006, 12:11 am

you lookin at the wrong Africans my friend. But I hear the same shit from whites, Asians, and Mexicans all the time about how blacks only get brave when they have numbers, etc. Every race says that shit, so I don't trip on it.

The truth is blacks have been adapted to a state where a lot of poorer blacks is just raw, they don't give a fuck, cause they don't have shit. So, they think they gangsta. I don't like that attitude all the time, but I realize it's neccessary, kinda, cause if your docile you'll get run over in America. But Mexicans come here they think cause they are lighter than us, have some white in them, and the white man talks major shit about blacks, that they are better than us. They see some American portrayls of blacks and think, hmmm, criminals and gangsters. Poor blacks don't have a caste system, but Mexico has one, that the Spanish wrote up and ingrained in everyone's mind. So even if your abuelo y abuela don't neccessarily explain to you what rank a tinto is on the racial caste system chart, they still express it by talkin shit and being more prejudice to darker people. Shit, I can look at Mexican soap opreas and see that caste system shit in the modern day.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 6th, 2006, 10:57 am

streets said:

"And to the dude that said brothers dont give a f u k about some inbred central americans???----->"

inbred looking, I meant as a joke, brother. I got know quarrel with Central Americans. also, I didnt say Mexicans, there's a great variety of physical appearance within their ethnic group. I meant those from Guatemal, Honduras, etc. You cannot tell me some of them dont come over here looking down on black folk. Bust it, I'm a huge boxing fan,
anyone with half a brain would know Mexicans can fight there asses off.
Two words: Salvador Sanchez.. Nuff said there..

..You been to Africa before?? Didnt think so! Aint nuttin', trust me, nuttin'
skinny about Ghanians, Nigerians, Ugandans, to name a few. When they
bred us during slavery, they didnt take two skinny ones and get a muscled up one. They took two supremely built ones and made an even more supremely built ones. Meaning, the genes were already in place.
I think you took what Chris Rock said a bit too literally, my friend...Blacks
have been known for their physical prowess the world over for thousands of years.. Research this, it was written.

As far as the comment about Mexicans only bringin' the pain when their deep, I don't think it has anything to do with cowardice. If anything, it's
intelligence.. Think it's called strenth in numbers.

Rollin_inmy_SixFo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Rollin_inmy_SixFo » March 6th, 2006, 8:24 pm

perongregory wrote:you lookin at the wrong Africans my friend. But I hear the same shit from whites, Asians, and Mexicans all the time about how blacks only get brave when they have numbers, etc. Every race says that shit, so I don't trip on it.

The truth is blacks have been adapted to a state where a lot of poorer blacks is just raw, they don't give a fu--, cause they don't have shit. So, they think they gangsta. I don't like that attitude all the time, but I realize it's neccessary, kinda, cause if your docile you'll get run over in America. But Mexicans come here they think cause they are lighter than us, have some white in them, and the white man talks major shit about blacks, that they are better than us. They see some American portrayls of blacks and think, hmmm, criminals and gangsters. Poor blacks don't have a caste system, but Mexico has one, that the Spanish wrote up and ingrained in everyone's mind. So even if your abuelo y abuela don't neccessarily explain to you what rank a tinto is on the racial caste system chart, they still express it by talkin shit and being more prejudice to darker people. Shit, I can look at Mexican soap opreas and see that caste system shit in the modern day.
I ain't gonna lie, there are some people who think that way but not all.

Also, many blacks here in the U.S. have white in them too. All you cats probably have straight hair talking about you pure black. ? :shock: Everybody is mixed on some level or another.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » March 6th, 2006, 8:38 pm

yea thats exactly what i tell all these black people who call themselves african americans. that is bs and they always come back with our ancestors are from africa, then i tell them how come you seem to forget that you have white or indian in you 2. how come you don't trace they family line.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 6th, 2006, 9:04 pm

why the fuck would I do that? I always admit to my indian line cause they didn't rape my great, great grandmother like my jewish racist ass great, great grand daddy did, and the other slave owning whites in my family. I'm not some dumb ass talking, "oh, im a 1/64 Irish, 1/8 portugese, 1/10 black", or some stupid shit. If white people treat me like their kin then prob. i'll think of myself that way. But when some racist ass pig trails me for a block and half then pulls me over for no reason, and the only reason I get off without some bs is because the mexican cop is cool, I'm not sayin im shit but black. And whites have shit in them too, but I don't hear them talkin I'm an 1/8th black or some silly shit like that. They only talk about the different white ethnicities they are. And you know why? because they have pride in who they are.

Old Shatterhand
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Old Shatterhand » March 6th, 2006, 9:19 pm

Minor mutations are responsible for the variance in race that we see today. A PhD astronomer, a PhD biologist, and a PhD researcher recently said the following from their book "Who was Adam?":

"Genetic studies of human population groups signify that humanity had a recent origin in a single geographical location from a small population, with genetic links back to a single man and single woman (named Y-chromosomal Adam and mitochondrial Eve). The research also demonstrates that humanity and human civilization arose relatively recently near (or in) the Middle East to fill the earth.

This still-controversial idea (referred to as the Out-of-Africa model or the Garden of Eden hypothesis) is gaining acceptance among biologists even though it runs counter to traditional human evolutionary models and fits uncomfortably within the current evolutionary framework.

Archeological evidence supports the Biblical view. Though hominids that lived as far back as 2 million years ago employed tools and possessed a culture of sorts, their technology and lifestyle must be described as crude and simple. This way of life remained static for hundreds of thousands of years at a stretch. When new modes of technology and culture appear in the archeological record, the advances represent relatively small-step changes upward, again followed by long periods of stasis.

In short, the archeological record does not display a gradual evolutionary emergence of modem human intellectual and artistic capabilities. At 50,000 years ago, advanced human culture appeared out of nowhere. The archeological record reveals a veritable explosion of human culture-anthropology's "big bang" marking the appearance of God's image.

New astronomical and geophysical studies indicate that human beings appeared on Earth at a special time in cosmic history. The advent of humanity occurs within an amazing number of astronomical, geological, and biological time windows that not only provide Earth with the necessary benign conditions needed for survival but also ensure an abundance of the natural resources that make advanced civilization possible. This timing of humanity's appearance indicates that human beings have a high purpose.

Scientific evidence harmonizes remarkably well with the predictions that logically flow from the RTB creation model for human origins. Even the long life spans described in Genesis 5 and 11 find possible scientific explanation in recent breakthroughs in the biochemistry of aging and new astronomical findings about changes in Earth's radiation environment several tens of thousands of years ago.

At no other time in human history has the Biblical account of humanity's origin held greater scientific credibility than it does today. Advancing scientific research in the months and years to come will provide even more opportunities to test the credibility of Biblical models for human origins."

The point is that you have honest respectable scientists now saying that all of humanity originated from a pair of common ancestors.

rummy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rummy » March 15th, 2006, 5:47 am

I've just finished reading everyones views some were negative some positive some informative some a waste of time some opened my eyes. It saddens me that these problems are there in America not to say we don't have similar problems in England such as the members of the Asian and Black communities getting into tit for tat battles earlier in the year. The South and Central Americans people that have come over to England have settled into black communities quite easy with no tensions anywhere well that i know of.Some times I feel the older generation can convey negative thoughts on to there children and keep the cycle going. To me being rascist is so long life is so short Black,Brown and Asian communities should all be working together learn from each other and help each other me I have Cuban Grandfather who married Black Jamacian woman my mother married a White Dutch man and i was raised in England. Having that back ground and travelling to many differrent countries from Kenya to Hong Kong from Norway to Chile and to the U.S it has helped develope my view to always be opened minded and respectful to all races as my own mix race heritage would demand it weather fighting in the Prisons or on the Streets it doe's hurt I feel American communities are very segregrated and plays apart in the problems .But n all cultures courtesy does'nt anythingonething i suffered growing up was white people calling me nigger next thing i'm giving a man a proper beating then i'd go home and hear the black side of my family calling me Half-Cast which hurt I had to put alot of my friends staight about the term and they don't use it no more because they understand that i prefer the term mixed race.
Life is so short Black on Brown,Brown on Brown,Black on Black it hurts either way because personally both are with in me. I watched Blood in Blood out when I was young I loved that film but the bit I grew to love most about that film was Montana to try and have Black and Brown united it did'nt turn out that way but what he said really stuck out to me because and I don't mean it in a negative way but in all aspects just what if?

Wanna big up all the Carribbean,All South and Central America, All of Africa, All the Middle East and Asian mans dem and the brothers down in the Oceania region and the rest of the world.

And for ignorant brothers and sisters out there it's never to late to look within yourself and examine what and why you really hate something or someone.And if you can try and do that evaluation in a place where you would not normally go. If u can travel to a place where poor people of different race to your own reside you might see we ain't that disimilar to each other. Just try

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » March 15th, 2006, 6:40 am

About blacks being generally bigger...and the whole breeding thing, i agree with u manifesttruth, what i was saying though was that u keep paring bigger people with bigger people u gonna start seeing changes in later generations...blacks arent tiny to begin with i never said that but if u take the biggest dudes and breed them they gonna end up bigger. as a whole american blacks are bigger then african blacks. Im 6ft myself but that doesnt mean all us mexicans are 6ft. The genes are in place with all people in the world, even them lil ass chinese produced Yao Ming LOL

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » March 15th, 2006, 6:46 am

As for mexicans ganging up on blacks when their deep, blacks do the same damn thing with samoans. I aint never seen a black dude fight a samoan straight up one on one and i grew up not too far from Park Village and went to school with them!! So i been around them alot.
Actually i never seen no gang take on PVCC head up in hadcore beef except one...and it was a mexican gang.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » March 15th, 2006, 9:00 am

You aint lyin when I was in miami there was samoan from LA didnt nobody mess with him except for the hatians any other niggas were scared or tryin to jump him.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 15th, 2006, 7:27 pm

From Streets:

"The genes are in place with all people in the world, even them lil ass chinese produced Yao Ming LOL"

Hahaha, true that, brother/carnal, Yao Ming "Yah Mean" at first seem liked
a mutant to me, the product of some huge Chinese orgy(joke). Then, I
peeped his parents and both are well over six feet tall..

In any event, selective breeding does in fact produce larger specimens.

Back to original subject; for whatever it's worth, I dont feel the Black/Brown thing going on in SoCal is racist in nature or ideology. The
controlling factors seem to be demographics, economics, and opportunity,
which, when converted into street ethos, usually results in bloodshed and
hostility.

curiousdude06
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by curiousdude06 » March 15th, 2006, 9:56 pm

ManifestTruth wrote:From Streets:

"The genes are in place with all people in the world, even them lil ass chinese produced Yao Ming LOL"

Hahaha, true that, brother/carnal, Yao Ming "Yah Mean" at first seem liked
a mutant to me, the product of some huge Chinese orgy(joke). Then, I
peeped his parents and both are well over six feet tall..

In any event, selective breeding does in fact produce larger specimens.

Back to original subject; for whatever it's worth, I dont feel the Black/Brown thing going on in SoCal is racist in nature or ideology. The
controlling factors seem to be demographics, economics, and opportunity,
which, when converted into street ethos, usually results in bloodshed and
hostility.
In the beginning maybe it wasn't purely racial, but for sure it has become very racial now. I understand your points, but now I think we have to call it the way it seems, to lessen the racial aspect of it doesn't seem like a good idea.

good ol watts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by good ol watts » March 15th, 2006, 10:03 pm

As far as the comment about Mexicans only bringin' the pain when their deep, I don't think it has anything to do with cowardice. If anything, it's
intelligence.. Think it's called strenth in numbers.
its called actin like some hoes.........
I aint never seen a black dude fight a samoan straight up one on one and i grew up not too far from Park Village and went to school with them!! So i been around them alot.
Actually i never seen no gang take on PVCC head up in hadcore beef except one...and it was a mexican gan
u never seen a black dude fight a somoan one on one? well then thats u, i seen somoans get knocked the fuc out many times

lol @ nobody taking on pvcc head up in a hardcore beef, the fuc outta here, pvcc been slapped around too many times to name

there is blacks thats way bigger then somoans, taller and bigger

black people in amerikkka is mixed with alot of native american, alot of native tribes had big ass muthafucaz and were warriors.........