Man Claims To Be The Son Of God

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 18th, 2006, 11:17 pm

cbs11tv.com

September 18, 2006

His name is Jose Luis de Jesus Miranda; his followers call him everything from apostle, to Dad, or simply Jesus Christ Man. De Jesus Miranda himself believes he's the living incarnation of 'Jesus Christ Man', "the second coming of Christ."

A follower says, "He is God, he is God." Those believers, who follow de Jesus Miranda, also lavish him with money and gifts.

"I don't have one Rolex," de Jesus Miranda say, "I have three because they want to give it to me."

This self-proclaimed 'Son of God' is a 60-year-old former heroin addict and convict. The divorced father of four was born in Puerto Rico and now lives in South Florida with his second wife.

From a warehouse, he presides over the "Creciendo en Gracia" or 'Growing in Grace Ministry' which he also calls 'God's Government on Earth'.

The modern Messiah's message is a worldwide one celebrated at more than 300 centers in Central and South America, Cuba and the United States.

The ministry also has a North Texas tie. Members celebrate the teachings of 'Jesus Christ Man' in the city of Arlington.

De Jesus' ministry preaches a message of "freedom to indulge" and according to him, there is no sin, no devil, and no hell to pay.

De Jesus says, "It doesn't exist. The devil was destroyed 2,000 years ago."

It is music to the ears of his followers, mostly Hispanic men and women, who believe they are God's chosen people and are predestined for salvation, no matter what they do on earth. They also believe all other faiths are false and must be destroyed.

His followers have organized marches at which they destroy religious books and symbols... sometimes with violent consequences.

"What disturbs me is that he fits into the typical mold of a cult leader, total complete submission to his authority," said Daniel Alvarez, Florida International University Religion professor.

Alvarez has a Masters Degree in Theology from Harvard Divinity School, and is among those who fear "Creciendo en Gracia" has the makings of a destructive cult.

"He destroyed my family," said former member Regina Albarracin, who left the church about five years ago. Her husband soon followed but their son Alvaro remained to become one of the ministry's biggest financial backers, donating more than $1 million to the church.

Alvaro is not alone; many others have set up businesses in de Jesus' name that pour cash into the ministry.

"I know were going to be running the whole world," de Jesus said.

A web entrepreneur and self made millionaire, Alvaro Albarracin left his wife and children for the man he calls Jesus. He has since remarried to another church member and rarely speaks to his parents who insist he's been brainwashed by the man "they" certainly don't call Jesus.

His mother, Regina Albarracin said, "He's the devil."

Regina Albarracin is afraid for her son's soul, and Professor Alvarez says she should be. Most of these movements, he says, self destruct sooner or later.

"Lots of broken lives, lots of spiritual and emotional and psychological debris," he said.

Unfazed by the criticism, de Jesus continues to plan for the role he believes he is destined to play on the world's stage, promising, "I will be president of the biggest government that this earth has experienced."

http://www.topix.net/content/cbs/385428 ... 2446660170

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 18th, 2006, 11:24 pm

You have but to open your eyes, brothers and sisters. The truth is that the Devil is here. The Anti-Christ, the Child of Lies, the Son of Darkness walks among us cloaked in the flesh of a man. Does the Lord not weep at this degradation? Does He not tremble with righteous fury? And shall he not seek retribution?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 18th, 2006, 11:28 pm

Dr. Gonzo wrote:You have but to open your eyes, brothers and sisters. The truth is that the Devil is here. The Anti-Christ, the Child of Lies, the Son of Darkness walks among us cloaked in the flesh of a man. Does the Lord not weep at this degradation? Does He not tremble with righteous fury? And shall he not seek retribution?
On a roll......

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 19th, 2006, 1:13 am

The False prophets are amongst us. Necessary to fulfill prophecy...

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » September 19th, 2006, 1:24 am

I think hes doin it for money seriously

Tacomahilltop
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Tacomahilltop » September 19th, 2006, 4:34 am

you see this is why i belive christianity is slipping if anybody in the middle east said tey were a reincarnation of the prophet muhammad praise be upon him they would be killed(litteraly) for saying that type of crap.

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 19th, 2006, 8:26 am

of course it would be a mexican, they are always finding shit like this, grilled cheese jesus, the leaking crack under a bridge in chicago that looked like jesus, rice crispy jesus, potato chip jesus..
the clincher here is that, all christians believe to be the son of god, not in the literal biological sense, but that our father in heaven, we are not descendents of god, but his creation.
him being christian, hell naw! sounds more like a gang leader taking advantage of weak minded youth. i wonder if he has any printings or his own version of the bible?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 19th, 2006, 10:49 am

Tacomahilltop wrote:you see this is why i belive christianity is slipping if anybody in the middle east said tey were a reincarnation of the prophet muhammad praise be upon him they would be killed(litteraly) for saying that type of crap.

Possibly you might think that one of the differences between Christianity and radical Islam is that Christians believe its only up to God to judge a man for his sins? :roll: I cannot speak for everyone, but I myself do not even believe in the death penalty.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 19th, 2006, 10:51 am

SniperSVD wrote:of course it would be a mexican, they are always finding shit like this, grilled cheese jesus, the leaking crack under a bridge in chicago that looked like jesus, rice crispy jesus, potato chip jesus..
the clincher here is that, all christians believe to be the son of god, not in the literal biological sense, but that our father in heaven, we are not descendents of god, but his creation.
him being christian, hell naw! sounds more like a gang leader taking advantage of weak minded youth. i wonder if he has any printings or his own version of the bible?
As Blakk I believe already stated, it is in prophecy that there will be false prophets. It does however blow my mind that anyone is so blind as to believe in one.

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 19th, 2006, 10:56 am

Christina Marie wrote:
Tacomahilltop wrote:you see this is why i belive christianity is slipping if anybody in the middle east said tey were a reincarnation of the prophet muhammad praise be upon him they would be killed(litteraly) for saying that type of crap.

Possibly you might think that one of the differences between Christianity and radical Islam is that Christians believe its only up to God to judge a man for his sins? :roll: I cannot speak for everyone, but I myself do not even believe in the death penalty.
the death penalty in the united states is ment to bring closure to the victimes of crimes and for the witnesses. family, friends, cops/investigators etc,.

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 19th, 2006, 10:58 am

Christina Marie wrote:
As Blakk I believe already stated, it is in prophecy that there will be false prophets. It does however blow my mind that anyone is so blind as to believe in one.
oh for sure, why would the second coming be a complete jack ass or moldy salami? other prophicies include all religions reaching the 4 corners of the earth, that was accomplished pretty reciently.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 19th, 2006, 11:04 am

SniperSVD wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:

the death penalty in the united states is ment to bring closure to the victimes of crimes and for the witnesses. family, friends, cops/investigators etc,.

I dont want to get this thread off topic, but I just do not believe that any mortal human being has the right to decide to take another human beings life. PERIOD. The only one who should be judging us is God.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 19th, 2006, 1:31 pm

What does the man look like? I'll show you a picture of Jesus then we can start comparing...

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » September 19th, 2006, 11:02 pm

useless_person wrote:What does the man look like? I'll show you a picture of Jesus then we can start comparing...
i was steriotyping the nature of these strange individuals.

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » September 19th, 2006, 11:07 pm

useless_person wrote:What does the man look like? I'll show you a picture of Jesus then we can start comparing...

you have a photograph of Jesus of Nazarath?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 19th, 2006, 11:20 pm

realize the real lies wrote:

LMFAO!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manso
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Manso » September 20th, 2006, 10:54 am

Anybody that goes to this guys church gots to be smoking crack...

none for you
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by none for you » September 20th, 2006, 10:14 pm

Tigueraje wrote:Anybody that goes to this guys church gots to be smoking crack...
remember Jim Jones?

... he was really on a roll.....

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » September 20th, 2006, 10:53 pm

Tigueraje wrote:Anybody that goes to this guys church gots to be smoking crack...
remember Jim Jones?

... he was really on a roll.....
Ya he was, what a wacko

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » September 21st, 2006, 6:37 am

Jesus' face was seen recently in the froth in an empty glass of beer. Seen the pic - not sure what kind of beer it was (Stella Artois?), but I always thought that Jesus was a wine man, after the wedding feast at Canna and all o' that.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 21st, 2006, 11:19 am

Yes:

:wink:

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 21st, 2006, 11:20 am

SniperSVD wrote:
i was steriotyping the nature of these strange individuals.
Yes. They are very strange...

If a person was the son of god, he wouldn't go out telling everyone and get interviewed by the news, he'd start out by helping his community and teaching me how to fly!

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 21st, 2006, 11:23 am

useless_person wrote:

Yes:

Jesus wasnt white

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 21st, 2006, 11:28 am

That's a white mans Jesus...

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 21st, 2006, 11:30 am

A Ghost wrote:
useless_person wrote:

Yes:

Jesus wasnt white
Well, in that picture he's white, so he's white.

useless_person
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by useless_person » September 21st, 2006, 11:31 am

BlaKK wrote:That's a white mans Jesus...
Then the black man's Jesus would be Morgan Freeman, or was that the black man's God???

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 21st, 2006, 11:37 am

I don't even know who the fuck Morgan Freemon is... If he's down with Hollywood than muthafuck that nigga.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 21st, 2006, 11:37 am

useless_person wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
useless_person wrote:

Yes:

Jesus wasnt white
Well, in that picture he's white, so he's white.
That's like saying that FOX News said George Bush is nothing but truthfull, do you believe that too?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » September 21st, 2006, 5:00 pm

But its funny, type in "Jesus" in Google picture search and you will find nothing but complete white versions of jesus. So you can see what misconceptions people have of jesus. He was at least arab lookning, not english white, theres no doubt about it.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » September 21st, 2006, 7:41 pm

Jesus was one ugly bastard let me tell you.

From science and computers, a new face of Jesus

(CNN) -- The Jesus pictured on the cover of this month's Popular Mechanics has a broad peasant's face, dark olive skin, short curly hair and a prominent nose. He would have stood 5-foot-1-inch tall and weighed 110 pounds, if the magazine is to be believed.

This representation is quite different from the typical lithe, long-haired, light-skinned and delicate-featured depiction of the man Christians consider the son of God.

Israeli and British forensic anthropologists and computer programmers got together to create the face featured in the 1.2-million circulation magazine, which occasionally veers from its usual coverage of motors and tools to cover the merger of science and religion.

"What did Jesus look like?" the article asks. "An answer has emerged from an exciting new field of science: forensic anthropology."

Looking in on forensic anthropology
The same science has been used to create artists' depictions of dozens of famous faces, including the father of Alexander the Great and King Midas of Phrygia. This new conceptualization of Jesus is based in large part on the work of Richard Neave, a medical artist retired from the University of Manchester in England.

"Using archaeological and anatomical science rather than artistic interpretation makes this the most accurate likeness ever created," Jean Claude Gragard, producer of the BBC documentary "Son of God," told The London Times. Gragard used the same image last year in his series.

"It isn't the face of Jesus, because we're not working with the skull of Jesus, but it is the departure point for considering what Jesus would have looked like," he added.

How they started
Neave and a team of researchers started with an Israeli skull dating back to the 1st century. They then used computer programs, clay, simulated skin and their knowledge about the Jewish people of the time to determine the shape of the face, and color of eyes and skin.

They turned to the Bible to determine the length of his hair. In the New Testament, "would Paul (one of the apostles) have written, 'If a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him' if Jesus Christ had had long hair?" the article speculates.

The magazine's editors admit that they cannot be certain of the accuracy of this facial representation.

'Hard to find a lot of evidence'
"There is no way that we are saying this is the skull of Jesus," Popular Mechanic's Mike Fillon told CNN. "Christians believe ... that Jesus' entire body was resurrected, so there would never be any bones or skull or DNA evidence of Jesus. Plus, his ministry was very, very short. So it would be hard to find a lot of evidence."

Instead the article focuses on describing the painstaking effort of imagining the face and how science and theology both played a part in the process.

Despite the concerns about accuracy, Alison Galloway, a professor of anthropology at the University of California in Santa Cruz, told Popular Mechanics that: "This is probably a lot closer to the truth than the work of many great masters."
http://edition.cnn.com/2002/TECH/scienc ... index.html

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » September 21st, 2006, 7:46 pm

Sentenza wrote:But its funny, type in "Jesus" in Google picture search and you will find nothing but complete white versions of jesus. So you can see what misconceptions people have of jesus. He was at least arab lookning, not english white, theres no doubt about it.
That's because Google is owned by white people... White people like Al Gore.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » September 21st, 2006, 8:17 pm

BlaKK wrote:I don't even know who the fu-- Morgan Freemon is... If he's down with Hollywood than muthafuck that nigga.
LMAO!! You've never seen the movie Seven? It was a good movie 8)
Sentenza wrote:But its funny, type in "Jesus" in Google picture search and you will find nothing but complete white versions of jesus.
I didnt even think about trying that.......
Dr. Gonzo wrote:Jesus was one ugly bastard let me tell you.
ROFLMAO!!!!