'WHY I HATE BLACKS' ARTICLE BLASTED:

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

'WHY I HATE BLACKS' ARTICLE BLASTED:

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 1st, 2007, 11:08 am

An article/opinion piece by Kenneth Eng, a 23-year-old New York-based science fiction writer called "Why I Hate Blacks" is raising the ire of not just African Americans, but Asian Americans as well.

AsianWeek, a San Francisco Bay Area newspaper is being roundly criticized by a coalition of Asian American groups for publishing the piece in the first place. The uproar has caused the outlet to delete the article from its website and issue a statement that it "sincerely regrets any offense caused."

In the column, which appeared in the Feb. 23 edition of AsianWeek, contributor Kenneth Eng lists reasons why he supports discrimination against blacks, writing, among other things: "I would argue that blacks are weak-willed. They are the only race that has been enslaved for 300 years."

That's only the beginning. He also wrote:

"Here is a list of reasons why we should discriminate against blacks, starting from the most obvious down to the least obvious:

"Blacks hate us. Every Asian who has ever come across them knows that they take almost every opportunity to hurl racist remarks at us."

The Associate Press reports that leaders at the Asian American Justice Center, Chinese for Affirmative Action, Coalition for Asian Pacific Americans and other groups are circulating a petition denouncing the piece as "irresponsible journalism, blatantly racist, replete with stereotypes, and deeply hurtful to African Americans."

The petition calls on AsianWeek to cut ties with Eng, issue an apology, print an editorial refuting the column, and fire or demote the editors who published it.

"Something like this should never have been printed," said Vincent Eng, deputy director of the Asian American Justice Center in Washington, who is not related to the columnist. "Deliberate action needs to be taken to make sure this type of hate speech doesn't continue."

To read the article in its entirety via Richard Prince's "Journalisms" website, click the below link:

http://www.maynardije.org/columns/dickp ... hateblacks

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » March 1st, 2007, 11:35 am

I can respect the white folk who speak their mind about what they REALLY think about us and not front like they "Love Everybody"...

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 1st, 2007, 11:44 am

true i can respect that. Not the substance but the principle.

ManifestTruth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ManifestTruth » March 1st, 2007, 11:52 am

'X' wrote:I can respect the white folk who speak their mind about what they REALLY think about us and not front like they "Love Everybody"...
Indeed brutha, one should be honest and sncere in his/her beliefs. In this instance, it's not white folk, it's an Asian dude who's keeping it gully.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 1st, 2007, 12:07 pm

Homies when i tell ya'll that the asians are going to get their once judgement day come just like dem white folk o yea it's going to b hell to pay.

Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 1st, 2007, 3:30 pm

Hell wrote:Homies when i tell ya'll that the asians are going to get their once judgement day come just like dem white folk o yea it's going to b hell to pay.
Homie when I tell you that EVERYONE will get theirs on judgement day, just like everyone else.....theres gonna be hell to pay. There isnt one person, any specific race thats going to be innocent.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » March 1st, 2007, 4:27 pm

I agree with Christina, homie Hell, u on some dumb shit.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 1st, 2007, 5:05 pm

BlaKK wrote:I agree with Christina, homie Hell, u on some dumb shit.
And I agree with Blakk, some seriously dumb shit

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 1st, 2007, 5:12 pm

Depends on what God you believe in, what interpretation you support, and what holy book you revere.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » March 1st, 2007, 5:43 pm

perongregory wrote:Depends on what God you believe in, what interpretation you support, and what holy book you revere.

Yep! I see someone is using their brain....

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 1st, 2007, 6:45 pm

perongregory wrote:Depends on what God you believe in, what interpretation you support, and what holy book you revere.
Depends on how deluded one is as to any one person or race being exempt from judgement

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » March 1st, 2007, 6:50 pm

'X' wrote:I can respect the white folk who speak their mind about what they REALLY think about us and not front like they "Love Everybody"...
This guy was Asain

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 1st, 2007, 6:57 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
Depends on how deluded one is as to any one person or race being exempt from judgement
depends on how deluded one is to believe their subjective reality is in fact objective no matter how good it sounds.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 1st, 2007, 7:03 pm

Doesn't the Christian God punish whole nations for their cumulative sins, and whole lines of families because of forefathers transgressions by the way?

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 1st, 2007, 7:04 pm

perongregory wrote:Doesn't the Christian God punish whole nations for their cumulative sins, and whole lines of families because of forefathers transgressions by the way?

Not my God. LOL

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » March 1st, 2007, 7:05 pm

perongregory wrote:Doesn't the Christian God punish whole nations for their cumulative sins, and whole lines of families because of forefathers transgressions by the way?

:shock:

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 1st, 2007, 7:45 pm

Yea ya'll fools think that tho.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 1st, 2007, 7:55 pm

Hell wrote:
And yet more from the peanut gallery.....

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » March 3rd, 2007, 4:33 pm

what if i said no god?

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » March 3rd, 2007, 5:30 pm

Christina Marie wrote:
Hell wrote:
Naw lil mama.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » March 4th, 2007, 5:54 am

Wow the guy in the article seems frustrated. He doesn't get turned on by pretty Black women or something?!

Whats wrong with him?

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 4th, 2007, 7:42 am

thats a white lie

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » March 4th, 2007, 3:07 pm

Hell wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
Hell wrote:
Naw lil mama.
Good deal then

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 4th, 2007, 5:44 pm

I have to deal with more white people lately because I'm back in school... they talk racial sh*t all the time like it was cooool. And in a backstabbing way. They talk all nice to this _________ dude and later if you're alone with them they look around to see if any ______ people are there and talk shit about ________ people. I use blank ___ marks because they f*cking do that to and about everyone. What's even more amazing is they have friends of all races so when I say "Isn't your friend (insert name) (insert race)?" and they're like "Oh, well, he's different." "She's different." "They're different." Everyone who is "good" is "different." I don't think I can trust some of these fols again because I know five minutes later they'll talk sh*t about mee.

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » March 4th, 2007, 5:56 pm

i wish all humans would die i truly believe we do not desrve to live.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 4th, 2007, 6:55 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
I have to deal with more white people lately because I'm back in school... they talk racial sh*t all the time like it was cooool. And in a backstabbing way. They talk all nice to this _________ dude and later if you're alone with them they look around to see if any ______ people are there and talk shit about ________ people. I use blank ___ marks because they f*cking do that to and about everyone. What's even more amazing is they have friends of all races so when I say "Isn't your friend (insert name) (insert race)?" and they're like "Oh, well, he's different." "She's different." "They're different." Everyone who is "good" is "different." I don't think I can trust some of these fols again because I know five minutes later they'll talk sh*t about mee.
hate this type of behavior. A white homie of minds once told me one of the reasons he was my friend is cuz I had a good complexion (light) compared to most blacks. I had to bang out on that fool. He be sayin all kinda foul racist shit to people, not no more about blacks -at least while I'm present. Sad thing is I've seen him say some offensive shit to some Asians, I look at the Asians to see if they are going to defend they self, and they just end up lookin at me. Being black I don't understand that passive shit, but I guess Asians think on a larger scale.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » March 4th, 2007, 7:01 pm

So he was friends with you because you were light skinned, but im sure you yourself peron have no doubt black features as you are black, but why was it more of a problem for him if you happend to be dark?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 4th, 2007, 7:06 pm

TeeKay wrote:So he was friends with you because you were light skinned, but im sure you yourself peron have no doubt black features as you are black, but why was it more of a problem for him if you happend to be dark?
He's always saying some dumb racist shit, but I just listen to it and scoop up game on the white psyche. He said that light skin blacks aren't as threatening to whites, that's what he said.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 4th, 2007, 7:12 pm

perongregory wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:
hate this type of behavior. A white homie of minds once told me one of the reasons he was my friend is because I had a good complexion (light) compared to most blacks. I had to bang out on that fool. He be sayin all kinda foul racist shit to people, not no more about blacks -at least while I'm present. Sad thing is I've seen him say some offensive shit to some Asians, I look at the Asians to see if they are going to defend they self, and they just end up lookin at me. Being black I don't understand that passive shit, but I guess Asians think on a larger scale.
It depends on the situation...

I was at a taco joint and this dude was talking ALL KINDS OF MESS about Asians - basically saying we're weak and worships Americans or some bs like that. MAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN. I look around and assessed the situation. There was a camera there so I figured it would look better if he raised his hands first so I could just go all out on him in "self defense." I sat in a this seat between him and the aisle to I got him cornered, then took this plastic fork and nodded "sup" to him. LOL he started looking all scared and STFU, he stared straight down at this plate the whole time, and when he walked by me he just picked up his feet (I tried to trip him) and actually TURNED HIS HEAD AROUND TO THE LEFT to avoid eye contact with me. His little friends did likewise. I'm not gonna chase hime down just for a fight on camera just because he's acting b*tch. He probably didn't notice me when he started talking all that mess because he shut up real quick when I got his attention. He was this big fat ass 6' dude too, and he's scared of one of the "little ass Asians" he just made fun of.

I really wish he would have started something or at least kept talking, but since he just backed off it's not even worth it.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » March 4th, 2007, 7:15 pm

perongregory wrote:
TeeKay wrote:So he was friends with you because you were light skinned, but im sure you yourself peron have no doubt black features as you are black, but why was it more of a problem for him if you happend to be dark?
He's always saying some dumb racist shit, but I just listen to it and scoop up game on the white psyche. He said that light skin blacks aren't as threatening to whites, that's what he said.
I've heard that before. They think anyone who looks more like them is better - which is really the root ofthis racism/prejudice stuff.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 4th, 2007, 7:15 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
perongregory wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:
hate this type of behavior. A white homie of minds once told me one of the reasons he was my friend is because I had a good complexion (light) compared to most blacks. I had to bang out on that fool. He be sayin all kinda foul racist shit to people, not no more about blacks -at least while I'm present. Sad thing is I've seen him say some offensive shit to some Asians, I look at the Asians to see if they are going to defend they self, and they just end up lookin at me. Being black I don't understand that passive shit, but I guess Asians think on a larger scale.
It depends on the situation...

I was at a taco joint and this dude was talking ALL KINDS OF MESS about Asians - basically saying we're weak and worships Americans or some bs like that. MAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN. I look around and assessed the situation. There was a camera there so I figured it would look better if he raised his hands first so I could just go all out on him in "self defense." I sat in a this seat between him and the aisle to I got him cornered, then took this plastic fork and nodded "sup" to him. LOL he started looking all scared and STFU, he stared straight down at this plate the whole time, and when he walked by me he just picked up his feet (I tried to trip him) and actually TURNED HIS HEAD AROUND TO THE LEFT to avoid eye contact with me. His little friends did likewise. I'm not gonna chase hime down just for a fight on camera just because he's acting b*tch. He probably didn't notice me when he started talking all that mess because he shut up real quick when I got his attention. He was this big fat ass 6' dude too, and he's scared of one of the "little ass Asians" he just made fun of.

I really wish he would have started something or at least kept talking, but since he just backed off it's not even worth it.
yeah. I mean of course not all Asians are passive. I think how we act to discrimination is just a manifestation of how we were discriminated over the years and so on.

johnnnny
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by johnnnny » March 4th, 2007, 7:22 pm

perongregory wrote:
your friend sounds very dumb and foolish peron