A White guy visiting the ghetto.

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: A White guy visiting the ghetto.

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 11th, 2005, 12:40 pm

I feel u on that B

Peddi-P
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Peddi-P » April 11th, 2005, 1:18 pm

straight up i'm white and i'ma a B, im from bleveland and thinkin bout visitin bompton and the jungle, ill let yall know how it goes

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 11th, 2005, 1:32 pm

ill just check the newspaper B, youll prolly B on page 5

GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by GTS » April 11th, 2005, 1:59 pm

Peddi-P wrote:straight up i'm white and i'ma a B, im from bleveland and thinkin bout visitin compton and the jungle, ill let yall know how it goes
lol

I don't think you will buddy.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 11th, 2005, 2:09 pm

ya know, i use to think the way that most white kids do, some sort of facination with the hood, but since ive been there, messed around, hurt and got hurt, its nothing that i really wanna have any thing to do with,
so peddi go visit it, get your ass beat and your shit stolen, and grow the hell up.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 11th, 2005, 2:27 pm

haha yeah, its hard enuff for me when i visit compton and im black. the one thing tv and alot (not all) of these rappers dont tell people is that no body wants to be in the hood.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 11th, 2005, 5:53 pm

Peddi-P wrote:straight up i'm white and i'ma a B, im from bleveland and thinkin bout visitin compton and the jungle, ill let yall know how it goes
what if he really is a blood from clevland and wants to move to LA or something. what will bloods think of him there? say hes a reall G but he's white. what would happen?

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 11th, 2005, 6:11 pm

Honestly niggas set trip on Bloods around the corner so he aint gonna get any type of special love coming from Ohio. most likely he would get rode on for tryna flag anutha niggas hood when they dont know him PLUS he white on top of all that , i aint no psychic but im not sure its a walk to disney

Peddi-P
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Peddi-P » April 11th, 2005, 7:28 pm

yall some god damn haters im tryin to be humble and sh**, i dont know wat yall problem is with white people or any body else of any race visitin "the ghetto" thinkin they gonna get beat up or robbed, wat the fuc/k yall think im comin from fu**in butterflies and rainbows, naw bump that the only time i see otha white people is the 8 o c/klock news so i can handle my damn self B or not

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » April 11th, 2005, 7:56 pm

roqsteady wrote:
MICK wrote:Put it this way invincible. If you have a reason to walk somewhere, then walk with your chin up. If you have doubts, then dont go there.

Me personaly, I walk where I want to walk. If I have to go to Harlem for some reason, then f*ck it. Im goin. If I feel like taking a jog through Compton, I will jog through Compton. I fear nobody except for God.

Besides, Im 6'4 and 276 lbs. If I get jumped, Im not going to the hospital alone. Someone else is comin with me.
or do what i do...

smoke blunts with my n1ggas, take that 4 train to downtown and bug out to interesting and goofy bougie lookin white people....hey they see the ghetto as a zoo to them...so i bring the ghetto to them...to me rich white folks are the exhibit...not us...

o yea...that p-iff be making me feelin like im in another town too HAHAHA

lol i've been livin in nyc all my life and still that p-iff neva fails
I agree with you brother. Rich people have a society I would never put myself in. I would rather live in the gutter than in their f*ckin country clubs.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 11th, 2005, 7:57 pm

im white, and i know if i go to the projects and harlem and start snapping pictures and walking around people are going to stare, question, and probably say something to. when you have an area that heavily populated with one race things aren't going to be easy for the others visiting. if you want to go visit compton and be down with the bloods, there be my guest, but don't say people didn't warn you.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 11th, 2005, 7:57 pm

dont get yourself lumped up Blood over some stupid shit - it aint like you talkin Bout goint to Dayton or Youngstown - you sad Bompton homie. nigga i dont go there and i know Gs from over there. I guarantee you if you walk thru there flaggin its to ICU with you busta

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » April 11th, 2005, 8:03 pm

If I had a reason to go, I would go. I dont fear sh*t.

If I die, than its my time to go. Thats up to god. Why walk through life afraid of things? I dont care who you know that wont go there. I would if I had a reason to go. That all Im saying. And I would go without fear or worry. Im not saying Id go there and start sh*t with everyone. I wouldnt go there and challenge a gang to a fight. I wouldnt be stupid. But if I was confronted, I would do what I have to do.

roqsteady

Unread post by roqsteady » April 11th, 2005, 8:06 pm

damnnnn lol the wild wild west is getting restless...

i guess the hood is really like a jungle zoo exhibit to white folks...

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » April 11th, 2005, 8:07 pm

^im sorry bro, no offense, but what the hell are you talking about?

roqsteady

Unread post by roqsteady » April 11th, 2005, 8:21 pm

im talking bout this crazy white boy here mick my dude...im just wondering what goes on in these folks head...they fascination with the hood and all that....

it aint like we wanna be here any damn ways...

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » April 11th, 2005, 8:40 pm

yeh thats kinda odd^^^

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » April 11th, 2005, 11:33 pm

purplecityhello wrote:dont get yourself lumped up Blood over some stupid shit - it aint like you talkin Bout goint to Dayton or Youngstown - you sad compton homie. nigga i dont go there and i know Gs from over there. I guarantee you if you walk thru there flaggin its to ICU with you busta
there is plenty of white people in Dayton and Youngstown what's sos pecial about those places?

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » April 11th, 2005, 11:34 pm

se11 wrote:im white, and i know if i go to the projects and harlem and start snapping pictures and walking around people are going to stare, question, and probably say something to. when you have an area that heavily populated with one race things aren't going to be easy for the others visiting. if you want to go visit compton and be down with the bloods, there be my guest, but don't say people didn't warn you.
COmpton has two main races not just one hispanics and blacks, and whites can easily blend in with hispanics unless theyre nordic.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 12th, 2005, 3:02 am

i just remembered why i took the time to type this long ass post,
i don't know what its like in NY or LA, since ive only been to sandeigo for military school,
any way, here in chicago, i tried to go get a sack from Cabrini Green, and later i was talking to one of my OG's who was born and raised there, he was like "ya know aaron that is just somthing you don't do, its nuts, niggas will kid nap yo ass and hold you hostage"

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 12th, 2005, 6:22 am

Invincible wrote:
purplecityhello wrote:dont get yourself lumped up Blood over some stupid shit - it aint like you talkin Bout goint to Dayton or Youngstown - you sad compton homie. nigga i dont go there and i know Gs from over there. I guarantee you if you walk thru there flaggin its to ICU with you busta
there is plenty of white people in Dayton and Youngstown what's sos pecial about those places?
its all in Ohio, where hes from

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » April 12th, 2005, 9:15 am

roqsteady wrote:
im talking bout this crazy white boy here mick my dude...im just wondering what goes on in these folks head...they fascination with the hood and all that....

it aint like we wanna be here any damn ways...
Ooooh. ok. My bad Brother. Yea. Hes gonna die. LOL

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » April 12th, 2005, 9:17 am

WhiteBoy wrote:i just remembered why i took the time to type this long ass post,
i don't know what its like in NY or LA, since ive only been to sandeigo for military school,
any way, here in chicago, i tried to go get a sack from Cabrini Green, and later i was talking to one of my OG's who was born and raised there, he was like "ya know aaron that is just somthing you don't do, its nuts, niggas will kid nap yo ass and hold you hostage"

Kid, where in Chicago do you live? You sound suburban.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 12th, 2005, 12:26 pm

MICK wrote:If I had a reason to go, I would go. I dont fear sh*t.

If I die, than its my time to go. Thats up to god. Why walk through life afraid of things? I dont care who you know that wont go there. I would if I had a reason to go. That all Im saying. And I would go without fear or worry. Im not saying Id go there and start sh*t with everyone. I wouldnt go there and challenge a gang to a fight. I wouldnt be stupid. But if I was confronted, I would do what I have to do.
same here bro. if i gotta do something in a certian area, i go, do what it is, and leave with no disrespect.

>COmpton has two main races not just one hispanics and blacks, and whites can easily blend in with hispanics unless theyre nordic.

bro, a white kid from OHIO not even another real gangsta place. he's gonna be flaggin bloods, that's not gonna bring attention on by mexicans and blacks?

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 12th, 2005, 1:37 pm

MICK wrote: Kid, where in Chicago do you live? You sound suburban.
yeah man, i live out in westchester, but i just moved here 2 years ago, lived in omaha prior to that, so its not like im a suburbanite,
i know you said that you are from an irish neighbor hood? where abouts?

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 12th, 2005, 4:52 pm

[quote="Whiteboy"]yeah man, i live out in westchester, but i just moved here 2 years ago, lived in omaha prior to that, so its not like im a suburbanite,[quote]

Yeah I hate the F##kin suburbs. My aunt lives out there. Too quiet and everybody is care-free. At night it gets all foggy and it feels like a horror movie. As if Jason is going to come out of the pool or something. It's like pleasantville or something. Yeah I prefer to have sirens in the distance to sooth me to sleep.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 12th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Dr Funky wrote: Yeah I hate the F##kin suburbs. Yeah I prefer to have sirens in the distance to sooth me to sleep.
i grew up all over the country, in Durham NC, it was so loud all the time, i lived in this shitty little mixed neighbor hood where stolen cars would always reck on our stree, big hill with a curve, gun shots, cop sirens and all that.
then i moved to york nebraska where it was stark ass quiet, that was a rough transition, no minorites, just white people and so damn quiet you could hear a mouse fart.
although ive stayed over on western north of the eisenhower express way and after about 7am or so the cops start up the sirens and don't stop til after midnight,,,, so its kinda like you gotta find a happy middle ground, but yes i don't like it out here, im trying to get back to omaha.

purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by purplecityhello » April 12th, 2005, 5:08 pm

Dr Funky wrote:
Whiteboy wrote:yeah man, i live out in westchester, but i just moved here 2 years ago, lived in omaha prior to that, so its not like im a suburbanite,

Yeah I hate the F##kin suburbs. My aunt lives out there. Too quiet and everybody is care-free. At night it gets all foggy and it feels like a horror movie. As if Jason is going to come out of the pool or something. It's like pleasantville or something. Yeah I prefer to have sirens in the distance to sooth me to sleep.
son you stay in Niagra Falls... ive been there more than i would like to klaim in that whole niagra-rochester-buffalo area and trust me its the furthest from a bustling city

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 12th, 2005, 5:21 pm

I never said it was a super crazy every day a homicide place like Harlem, but we do have a taste. We are a small city with some big city problems. Mostly we are all poor. And when I go to a nieghborhood where each house is $250,000 dollars it is a little different than what I'm used to. If it wasn't for the government, the state, and the industrial companies all fucking us over we would have been a bustling city. You have to remember that you live in NEW YORK CITY. It's the biggest city in the country and if it hasn't happened in New York it hasn't happened yet. I do hear sirens at night but it mostly isn't because of a homicide. It's anything else. A friend of mine got shot in Gluck park and that is the TRUTH. He's not dead thank god, got shot in the arm. Like I said however it's not like it's Compton or anything. You will be fine if you walk down the street. But I know that locals don't like it when out-of-towners get shitty with them. I'm am not claiming that is what you are doing. I am just trying to tell you what it's like. How long did you stay in the area for and where did you stay?

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 12th, 2005, 5:31 pm

When I grew up I actually thought that I lived in New York City. Because I lived inside the state and I was in an area that is known all over the world. So I still have remnants of that ideology still inside me. It's that "I'm from New York and nobody's got nothin on me" attitude. I do understand that we are and will never compare to the big cities.

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 12th, 2005, 5:50 pm

i think LA beat the Chi out of being murder capitol this year,

Dr Funky
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr Funky » April 12th, 2005, 5:51 pm

I heard a place called Camden, New Jersey was voted most dangerous