Copying black culture????

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 14th, 2007, 2:13 pm

man if u ain black or u mixed up stay off black people shit dont copy us..coz if this was 50 years ago ud prly be hangin us...
well unfortunanly for you, every single ethnicity has "copied hip hop culture" and in counties as far as brazil and germany, they even have their own hip hop clubs, groups and styles. all of which originated from the US hip hop era. so clearly, nobody else on the planet has the same mindset as you.

what are you basically saying, that because hip hop in the US is a predominantly black industy, nobody else should be able to listen to it, like it, enjoy it, or dress like they like it? how do you sound?

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » April 14th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Mcminister wrote:hip hop cutlure in my head is black cutlure.
somethin that YO - B character needs to get off

man if u ain black or u mixed up stay off black people shit dont copy us..coz if this was 50 years ago ud prly be hangin us...

i was watchin some show late at nite ... some dumb old schoo white folk shit ...anywayz they was talkin about puttin the powder in women faces makes them look whiter which is better and all that....now to think buot it all white grlz wana do jst 30 years later is go tannin tryna look darker

i hate other races copying our shit........change how u talk, walk ,dress u ain neva gon change ur skin color or how corny and uncle tom ur parents are
I thought Puerto-Ricans were there in the S.Bronx with the Brothas at the begining of this Hip-Hop thing? will you keep it strictly Black? I doubt it. English is a European language etc... etc...

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 14th, 2007, 2:59 pm

[quote="~J~"][quote="Mcminister"]hip hop cutlure in my head is black cutlure.

i was watchin some show late at nite ... some dumb old schoo white folk shit ...anywayz they was talkin about puttin the powder in women faces makes them look whiter which is better and all that....now to think buot it all white grlz wana do jst 30 years later is go tannin tryna look darker

i hate other races copying our shit........change how u talk, walk ,dress u ain neva gon change ur skin color or how corny and uncle tom ur parents are[/quote]I thought Puerto-Ricans were there in the S.Bronx with the Brothas at the begining of this Hip-Hop thing? will you keep it strictly Black? I doubt it. English is a European language etc... etc...[/quote]

during those times in the 70s you had some ricans who was cool with the brothers....go to the south bronx now where its divided...you have some ricans who is down but for the most part,parents is teaching there kids to stick to there own kind

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 14th, 2007, 6:38 pm

Qdawg wrote:
~J~ wrote:

i hate other races copying our shit........change how u talk, walk ,dress u ain neva gon change ur skin color or how corny and uncle tom ur parents are
I thought Puerto-Ricans were there in the S.Bronx with the Brothas at the begining of this Hip-Hop thing? will you keep it strictly Black? I doubt it. English is a European language etc... etc...
during those times in the 70s you had some ricans who was cool with the brothers....go to the south bronx now where its divided...you have some ricans who is down but for the most part,parents is teaching there kids to stick to there own kind
I remember one time there was a house party I went to and I was the only white guy with a group of black guys and we went to this house and there was this Peurto Rican dude that got pissed there were so many blacks there so he left.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 14th, 2007, 8:54 pm

my grlfrend puerto rican....she thinks all'em puerto ricans who try to be black are all sell outs and even her cuzins do......i respect that coz its true

for Se11 man:
nobody else on the planet has the same mindset as you.
qoute from my man Qdawg:
i feel the same way dog
(com' harder homie)

anywayz
all them germans rappin are copyin our style...i hate se'in rich white kids rappin tryna be like us n sayin all this shit like hip hop is for every color n race......please if hip hop started back in them racist days u wudnt be talkin like that.

hip hop startd in the ghetto ( where the Man let our people sstranded with no hope ,basicly with no vital signs or nothin like u left to die out here n be forgot'en)

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 14th, 2007, 9:04 pm

[quote="A Ghost"][quote="Qdawg"][quote="~J~"][quote="Mcminister"]hip hop cutlure in my head is black cutlure.

i hate other races copying our shit........change how u talk, walk ,dress u ain neva gon change ur skin color or how corny and uncle tom ur parents are[/quote]I thought Puerto-Ricans were there in the S.Bronx with the Brothas at the begining of this Hip-Hop thing? will you keep it strictly Black? I doubt it. English is a European language etc... etc...[/quote]

during those times in the 70s you had some ricans who was cool with the brothers....go to the south bronx now where its divided...you have some ricans who is down but for the most part,parents is teaching there kids to stick to there own kind[/quote]

I remember one time there was a house party I went to and I was the only white guy with a group of black guys and we went to this house and there was this Peurto Rican dude that got pissed there were so many blacks there so he left.[/quote]

i mean i personally dont have a problem growing up around hispanics but i see how alotta them grow up in the bronx ..pr's (some) is on a more cooler status with african americans more-so then dominicanos(some are cool with brothers)....funny thing is some dominicanos in the bx is the same color as brothers but dislike em/culture/physical experience..etc...its not all good

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 14th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Qdawg wrote:
A Ghost wrote:
Qdawg wrote:
~J~ wrote:

I remember one time there was a house party I went to and I was the only white guy with a group of black guys and we went to this house and there was this Peurto Rican dude that got pissed there were so many blacks there so he left.
i mean i personally dont have a problem growing up around hispanics but i see how alotta them grow up in the bronx ..pr's (some) is on a more cooler status with african americans more-so then dominicanos(some are cool with brothers)....funny thing is some dominicanos in the bx is the same color as brothers but dislike em/culture/physical experience..etc...its not all good
I aint saying all Puerto Ricans hate blacks but that single incident stuck out in my head

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 14th, 2007, 9:35 pm

nobody else on the planet has the same mindset as you.
possibly, but at least he doesn't sound like a moron expressing himself. and forget about who agrees with you and who doesn't, proof is global, hip hop is everywhere.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2007, 2:47 am

Yes i dont even know whats so bad about that. Everyone copies everyone, lets not forget that...I dont see a problem with that especially when its music. As long as the music is good why in the hell shouldnt someone do it?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2007, 3:26 am

If it wouldnt be for all races copying from each other, we wouldnt be where we are...

Example? The Arabs took the art of making paper from the chinese and passed it on to the europeans, who invented the technique of bookprinting....There are millions of more examples and they go into all dircetions...So i see nothing bad about that.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » April 15th, 2007, 10:20 am

Mcminister wrote:
hip hop startd in the ghetto ( where the Man let our people sstranded with no hope ,basicly with no vital signs or nothin like u left to die out here n be forgot'en)
True. Hiphop started in ghetto. But from the very beginning there were especially white b-boys. And look at some real old school rap videos - you got plenty of white people in those. Nowadays it's totally different. If you're a black guy rapping in US, you don't have any white boys in the videos (outside of US it's different, luckily). I wonder why. Seems like it's only got worse during the few decades.

Anyways, music is for everyone as any other art form. People who try to "own" some style of art always sound retarded. You can't own such a thing. It's even stupid to have a conversation like this.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » April 15th, 2007, 10:30 am

Straight biting/copying is always dumb, no matter what art form we're speaking about, but when you do something from your own basis with an own style, I see no problem in it. That's called creativity and it always adds something new to something that's been around for a longer time. And creative people always stands out.

I'd even say that in todays hiphop biting/copying is mostly an american problem. Too many people have only money on their mind and don't have courage to do something new.

And about hiphop as a whole (all 4 elements)... emceeing seems to be the only element that is still dominated by black people. Best painters are non-black, best dj's are non-black, and best b-boys at this moment comes from Finland. And all these guys respects the hiphop as an art form and knows the history and godfathers of it. It's really not like people would be shitting on it and taking something away from the "black people". It's about own style, own way of making things.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2007, 11:32 am

punamusta wrote:
Mcminister wrote:
Anyways, music is for everyone as any other art form. People who try to "own" some style of art always sound retarded. You can't own such a thing. It's even stupid to have a conversation like this.
I have to agree..Thats like saying Chess was invented in India/Arabia.....fuck all those damn Russians world champions and everyone else playing it.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 15th, 2007, 12:01 pm

man if u rap/freestylin and u ain black ....ur a wigger
why don u stick to ur own kenny rogers or punk rock music type of shit
if it wasnt for white people buyin all that dumb party music rap...rap music wud still be alive

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 15th, 2007, 12:05 pm

[quote="punamusta"][quote="Mcminister"]

hip hop startd in the ghetto ( where the Man let our people sstranded with no hope ,basicly with no vital signs or nothin like u left to die out here n be forgot'en)[/quote]

True. Hiphop started in ghetto. But from the very beginning there were especially white b-boys. And look at some real old school rap videos - you got plenty of white people in those. Nowadays it's totally different. If you're a black guy rapping in US, you don't have any white boys in the videos (outside of US it's different, luckily). I wonder why. Seems like it's only got worse during the few decades.

Anyways, music is for everyone as any other art form. People who try to "own" some style of art always sound retarded. You can't own such a thing. It's even stupid to have a conversation like this.[/quote]

i guess black music (before hip-hop) back in africa of drum beating,etc gets no attention huh :?:

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 15th, 2007, 12:08 pm

naah dawg coz lil whiet kids didnt think it was cool...beatin drums and all that

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2007, 12:27 pm

Mcminister wrote:naah dawg coz lil whiet kids didnt think it was cool...beatin drums and all that
I amn not sure, cause drums have been around in Europe since thousands of years too, it was just a different style.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 15th, 2007, 12:30 pm

Mcminister wrote:man if u rap/freestylin and u ain black ....ur a wigger
if it wasnt for white people buyin all that dumb party music rap...rap music wud still be alive
What about rap in Asia?

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » April 15th, 2007, 1:12 pm

Qdawg wrote:
i guess black music (before hip-hop) back in africa of drum beating,etc gets no attention huh :?:
What kind of attention you mean?

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » April 15th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Mcminister wrote:naah dawg coz lil whiet kids didnt think it was cool...beatin drums and all that
Drum beating been here for ages. All around the world. Drum was the first instrument of the man kind. People in Finland (sami/saami-people) been drumming before they even knew there was a place called Africa. Drums been an important instrument for a lot of native people all around the world. It's not only an African instrument.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by punamusta » April 15th, 2007, 1:23 pm

Come on now, man. I know you might get heated up here during this conversation as this seems to be an important issue for you, but you really ain't that stupid, right.
I don't even know who Kenny Rogers is, but I do listen to punk, rock, and all kinds of other music as well. There's so much good music in the world that it would be simply stupid to stick to only one genre.
Naw, people should stop making that hip-pop. That's the only way to stop that BS hitting the radios, MTV, etc.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 15th, 2007, 2:20 pm

what about black guys that like punk rock or reggaeton? should everyone else be like "nah stick to your 50 cent shit". the music you like has nothing to do with your skin color at all. the people that are just in the hip hop fad fade out, but those who are serious about it, they stick with it and probably know whats going on in it more than you do. stop telling people what they should be listening to.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 15th, 2007, 3:29 pm

[quote="se11"][quote="Mcminister"]man if u rap/freestylin and u ain black ....ur a wigger
if it wasnt for white people buyin all that dumb party music rap...rap music wud still be alive[/quote]

what about black guys that like punk rock or reggaeton? should everyone else be like "nah stick to your 50 cent shit". the music you like has nothing to do with your skin color at all. the people that are just in the hip hop fad fade out, but those who are serious about it, they stick with it and probably know whats going on in it more than you do. stop telling people what they should be listening to.[/quote]

se11 you cool peoples(atleast in my book) i dont think you should let some of the comments towards whites on this forum get to you

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 15th, 2007, 4:11 pm

thanks, but what he says is total stupidity. should black people close off the hip hop community to everyone else? should white people close off punk rock to everyone? what if spanish people said "nobody but us can learn salsa or bachata"? his logic just totally amazes me.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 15th, 2007, 4:55 pm

[quote="se11"]thanks, but what he says is total stupidity. should black people close off the hip hop community to everyone else? should white people close off punk rock to everyone? what if spanish people said "nobody but us can learn salsa or bachata"? his logic just totally amazes me.[/quote]

i mean you got non blacks calling each other niggahs ...stuff like that might be annoying to the homeboy mcminster & i feel where hes coming from with that...basically us as blacks dont really have much as is in america so i guess he feels the lil bit of stuff we have going for us (rap etc) should be kept inside the race....but i feel what you saying as well se11 with the other races should be able to do rap

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 15th, 2007, 6:33 pm

i agree. its one thing to like rap and listen to it, ect. but by other races calling each other "nigghas" sounds retarded and i think that's where the line is drawn between actually liking hip hop and copying black people.

CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » April 15th, 2007, 6:44 pm

This is true.Good music is good music wether black white or brown.Copying other races by adopting there form of talk and walk is a whole other thing.This is what I belive.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » April 15th, 2007, 11:54 pm

Idiot, its all about talent, and your not even from the states

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » April 16th, 2007, 12:13 am

^ this guy severely overcompensates, obviously insecure about something

themanfromtheyay
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by themanfromtheyay » April 16th, 2007, 12:24 am

Its just retarded and makes no sense. Every culture ever on earth borrows from other cultures. And whoever cant admit that is just plain ignorant. But some people have to do and say certain things to make them sleep better at night I guess. Whites, blacks, and browns all borrowed things from other cultures, and changed it around a little bit to suit they're culture.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » April 16th, 2007, 1:53 am

Qdawg wrote: i mean you got non blacks calling each other niggahs ...stuff like that might be annoying to the homeboy mcminster & i feel where hes coming from with that...
I think blacks shoudlnt even do that, but non blacks calling each other "nigga"? Pleaaaase how stupid is that?

But yea if we would really divide all things that a certain race supposedly invented, then all of us would not be able to do the most things and we would probably still live in clay huts.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » April 17th, 2007, 1:04 pm

ROFLMFAO.

When was the last time you heard Asian peoples
accusing Blacks and Whites and etc of copying their "cultures"?

I mean are Taimak (The Last Dragon), Wesley Snipes, Chuck Norris, and Billy Blanks
trying to become Asians or stealing Asian "styles" cuz they are practicioners of Eastern Martial Arts?

Or how about all those non Asian individuals who like to
cook their fav stir fry dishes at home?
Are they changing their last names to
Nguyen or Chow and becoming Buddhist?

Come on man. We live
in the year 2007, in North America.
We are ALL bound to
interact with one another/trade ideas with one another/and get influences from each other.
Unless of course....
if you live in a cabin in the woods like the unabomber than thats different lol.

But honestly,
do people really expect say an Asian guy to sit at home, wear silk pajamas and a straw hat while walking around with chopsticks and do front flips with kung fu kicks included?
Thats like everyone expecting
a Black dude to only excell in sports/rap music/and committing crimes.
They
would start looking at him strange if the Black dude decided to
pursue a career in becoming a Ballet dancer or something (though Blacks have been involved in Ballet for some time now. Its just they don't get the same exposure as the Black basketball players or singers)