Copying black culture????

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » May 9th, 2007, 4:48 am

Some more international rap:

Whiteboys together with arabs and blacks: :shock:

Turkish rap:

A palestinian rapping in German :shock: :shock: its a crazy messed up world....

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » May 9th, 2007, 6:18 am

Thats the thing - culture is always changing - the only constant is change - cultures have 'borrowed' off each other since time and transformed one thing to another, the way it goes...here in East London, there are many, many areas where white and black people live shoulder to shoulder on the estates - so young black and white youths grow up together listening to the same music, same kinds of cloths, same slang....but are the white boys borrowing black culture for virtue of growing up in the same space with the same cues? Its a mix up, mash up thing.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 9th, 2007, 4:47 pm

A Ghost wrote:
se11 wrote:
A Ghost wrote:Johnnny, no offense, but you sound kind of dumb with all that stuff....
i dont really care about what he said, but im just making a point that if any person would have said "black people watch your black, white people are some of the most crooked motherfuckers around" you would have agreed and followed it up with something.

why are we still arguing with this #%@&#%@ moron mcminister. he tries to come out like some hardcore black leader, saying his location is africa and sounding like a strong guy. truth is he's a stupid ignorant racist thats no different that klansman or a nazi. i hope everyone realizes this guy for who he is.
OK Then, I'll follow it up with this.

If I knew that the majority of my peoples culture is always stripped from me throughout history I would try my hardest to keep whatever I currently have.

I wouldnt mind other races joining in, but don't take the credit.

So as far as blacks, A LOT has been copied off of them and taken from them and claimed as originated by other peoples, if I currently had something that was so welcomed and known worldwide to be created by blacks I would try my hardest to keep it.
first, i wasn't referring to anything about culture, i was stating a point how you are quick to shit on anything white and praise anything black. johnnny said something like "some black people are crooked motherfuckers watch out", which you responded by "you sound stupid". you have to look out for crooked people anywhere you go, but remember that no matter where you are there's always going to be those bad pieces of shit and those good honest people. and like i said if anyone said "you have to look out for these crooked whites" you would have jumped on it and gave some sort of little follow up statement.

>>If I knew that the majority of my peoples culture is always stripped from me throughout history I would try my hardest to keep whatever I currently have. I wouldnt mind other races joining in, but don't take the credit.

and i hope your not talking about hip hop because nobody is ever going to think hip hop was created by anyone but black people. the classic hip hop of every decade that started it was by blacks and the main stream american rap is still majorly black. but hip hop has become an international industry and these foreigners started their own bands aren't "stealing it" they're just putting it into their culture. but here is another proven fact, that hip hop was created by black guys and anyone who knows anything about rap will know that, and thats how history will read forever.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 9th, 2007, 4:52 pm

Mcminister wrote:japan, new zeland, or even across the country

reasons why hip hop is dead
no, dirty south crunk shit and lack of originality is why hip hop is dying. and there are no more nas, jay-z, or biggies. and the industrie has groups like g-unit and blackwall street, 50 cent, the game, which most people either hate one or the other, and they both do their own things that look like complete jokes. this never happened with jay-z or nas, almost all rap fans like some sort of jay-z or nas or biggie songs. the only up comming guy that i find nice is papoose. but in no way did any sort of international involvment aid in hip hop dying.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 9th, 2007, 5:27 pm

hip hop is dead becuase of blacks selling out to the white corporate structure. the culture (includin the music) was made for inner city communities to help solve certain inner city problems. It was a community based culture now it gets pimped by jimmy iovines who love ignant coons stackin their dough.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » May 9th, 2007, 9:26 pm

I think what nickels was sayin sometime back is that its more a corporate problem that is doin this.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » May 9th, 2007, 9:27 pm

Mcminister wrote:japan, new zeland, or even across the country

reasons why hip hop is dead
your dodgin questions Mcminister

"his is the EXACT same thing that a redneck skinhead would do, if they seen a bunch of black guys playing country music. so really, your no different than a skinhead."

answer this one.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 9th, 2007, 9:37 pm

perongregory wrote:hip hop is dead becuase of blacks selling out to the white corporate structure. the culture (includin the music) was made for inner city communities to help solve certain inner city problems. It was a community based culture now it gets pimped by jimmy iovines who love ignant coons stackin their dough.
so all in all its white peoples fault hip hop is dying, in your opinion?

i've stopped listening to hip hop because i think the new rappers are total jokes, 50, the game, everyone from the south. there are no more jay-z, nas, nwa. all these new rappers want to have the hottest crunk album in the club or have a new walk it out type dance and you rarely hear original material.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » May 9th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Thats no reason to stop, just stay grimey with it.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 9th, 2007, 9:46 pm

nah man, i cant take that dirty south shit. 50 cent and the game i put up with cause every once and a while they come out with some hot stuff. the only rappers i've ever really been into from the south were cash money, mike jones, paul wall, lil flip, and slim thug. all this new shit is pure garbage. and i'm not picky about my music, i love everything but if shit is real garbage, i'm not listening to it.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 9th, 2007, 9:46 pm

TeeKay wrote:Thats no reason to stop, just stay grimey with it.
Honestly thats the reason why i started to listen to rap from all around the world, cause there you will find that old school underground stuff and more.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » May 10th, 2007, 2:21 am

se11 wrote:
perongregory wrote:hip hop is dead becuase of blacks selling out to the white corporate structure. the culture (includin the music) was made for inner city communities to help solve certain inner city problems. It was a community based culture now it gets pimped by jimmy iovines who love ignant coons stackin their dough.

i've stopped listening to hip hop because i think the new rappers are total jokes, 50, the game, everyone from the south. there are no more jay-z, nas, nwa. all these new rappers want to have the hottest crunk album in the club or have a new walk it out type dance and you rarely hear original material.
didn't I say blacks selling out?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 10th, 2007, 2:30 am

A Ghost wrote:
If I knew that the majority of my peoples culture is always stripped from me throughout history I would try my hardest to keep whatever I currently have.

I wouldnt mind other races joining in, but don't take the credit.

So as far as blacks, A LOT has been copied off of them and taken from them and claimed as originated by other peoples, if I currently had something that was so welcomed and known worldwide to be created by blacks I would try my hardest to keep it.
I think that sums this whole discussion up. Good point.

But still i personally think it makes absolutely no sense to restrict a certain music style to a certain race.

First of all because races dont exist and second of all because music is property of humanity and not that of a few people.

Richboy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Richboy » May 10th, 2007, 3:08 pm

What I believe is that hip hop is for everybody. Look at rock music, it aint for just white peps. I seen arabs, asians, and other types of peps that listen to it.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 10th, 2007, 3:14 pm

"his is the EXACT same thing that a redneck skinhead would do, if they seen a bunch of black guys playing country music. so really, your no different than a skinhead."

teekay is that really a question ^^^^

to be honest i hate crunk music....i hate that beat cmoes first rap n lyrics dont matter but id rather here them than white folk rappin

""hip hop is dead becuase of blacks selling out to the white corporate structure. the culture (includin the music) was made for inner city communities to help solve certain inner city problems. It was a community based culture now it gets pimped by jimmy iovines who love ignant coons stackin their dough"" dats a very good point

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » May 10th, 2007, 3:16 pm

hip hop is for the inner city blacks

yall got a bunch of other genre's listen to them...country, pop u kno that typa shit
or listen to it but dont try to be part of it

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 10th, 2007, 3:40 pm

Yep and the wheel was invented for ancient war chariots in Sumer, but is now used for cars, planes, trains, bikes, buggies etc. all around the world.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 10th, 2007, 7:55 pm

perongregory wrote:
se11 wrote:

didn't I say blacks selling out?
naw, you have to look at it through se11-vision:
perongregory wrote:hip hop is dead becuase of blacks selling out to the white[size=8] corporate structure. the culture (includin the music) was made for inner city communities to help solve certain inner city problems. It was a community based culture now it gets pimped by jimmy iovines who love ignant coons stackin their dough.[/size]

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » May 10th, 2007, 11:05 pm

Mcminister wrote:hip hop is for the inner city blacks

yall got a bunch of other genre's listen to them...country, pop u kno that typa shit
You said your from africa, not the US, which dosent include you as your not american.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 11th, 2007, 1:50 am

Talking about Rap from New Zealand, i think this song is fucking good and dude can rap better then most American rappers right now....

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » May 11th, 2007, 7:02 am

^ Who's that? Sounds really nice.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » May 11th, 2007, 7:30 am

punamusta wrote:^ Who's that? Sounds really nice.
Yeah it is very good. I wonder if the rapper is a Maori... or Samoan... Or Filipino....Tongan? New Zealand looks nice too.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 11th, 2007, 9:30 am

He is called PNC and is half samoan, half white. Damn i love this song....

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 11th, 2007, 1:01 pm

oh my god you get me so mad. not every white person likes country or pop. the same way not every black person likes rap. you cant just say "dont be part of this" to a group of people, i dont like you doing it. your a big fucking racist cry baby! this isn't even a real fucking problem or issue. this guy listenes to rap, why the fuck does it effect you? what business of yours is it? honestly, your a grown man in a little babies body. the more you say the more stupid you sound grow the fuck up.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » May 11th, 2007, 3:24 pm

i found this one from New zealand...Kinda gotta bit of a gang thing to it

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » May 11th, 2007, 5:15 pm

se11 wrote:

oh my god you get me so mad. not every white person likes country or pop. the same way not every black person likes rap. you cant just say "dont be part of this" to a group of people, i dont like you doing it. your a big #%@&#%@ racist cry baby! this isn't even a real #%@&#%@ problem or issue. this guy listenes to rap, why the fu-- does it effect you? what business of yours is it? honestly, your a grown man in a little babies body. the more you say the more stupid you sound grow the fu-- up.
OMG you got my principles on point!

Thats what I mean. It's true. To assume and put generalizations/stereotypes on people is just ignorant. NOT every single Black person on earth is gonna like Rap/Hiphop/Reggae. Some may like ROCK! Some may like Classical or Dance!

Just like how NOT every single East Asian is gonna be some Jackie Chan/Jet Li doing flips or studying Wushu or Gung fu! Hell there are Asians out there who would chose playing b-ball or painting more than Martial arts or computers.

Or not how every single Hispanic is gonna join a gang and hate Blacks/Asians! God dammit I know a Central American dude who does Tai Chi!

People are just people, and not everyone is going to fit into the mental stereotypical box you expect them to fit in.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 11th, 2007, 5:31 pm

George wrote: People are just people, and not everyone is going to fit into the mental stereotypical box you expect them to fit in.
But some people expect them to.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 12th, 2007, 5:20 am

TeeKay wrote:
Good one. I think thats also a point. I think many people all around the world can relate to that aspect of Hip Hop due to their living conditions and thats why they chose it to express themselves...

Check out this french Gangster shit...The video is kinda crazy....

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » May 12th, 2007, 6:44 am

Sentenza wrote:
George wrote: People are just people, and not everyone is going to fit into the mental stereotypical box you expect them to fit in.
But some people expect them to.
Well those people need to wake the f*** up, come out of their shells, and accept reality.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » May 12th, 2007, 7:49 am

Sentenza wrote:
TeeKay wrote:
Good one. I think thats also a point. I think many people all around the world can relate to that aspect of Hip Hop due to their living conditions and thats why they chose it to express themselves...

where is that france?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » May 12th, 2007, 9:22 am

Its Paris.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » May 12th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Sentenza wrote:
TeeKay wrote:

That was cool, still a "show", not as hood as this:
Mafia K1fry (African Mafia)

^ this sh*t is REAL. If you know what's real you'll get it, doesn't matter if you know their language
watch the whole thing it builds up to the end