Copying black culture????

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 613
Joined: March 10th, 2005, 10:44 pm
Location: Cincinnati
Contact:

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » May 17th, 2007, 9:53 pm

i dont know what being white is anyway i just love the way people are always talkin bad about white people because its a fact that with out us there is no you

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 613
Joined: March 10th, 2005, 10:44 pm
Location: Cincinnati
Contact:

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » May 17th, 2007, 10:00 pm

white kids eat up that shit were fed hiphop culture so thats what we become the politically correct shove that shit down our throats cuz were wrong for being white and every i.e. Whigger knows this fact but really times are changin i got black friends i really wish i was family with because i love them that much!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » May 17th, 2007, 10:25 pm

oXJmAuPs2005Xo wrote:i dont know what being white is anyway i just love the way people are always talkin bad about white people because its a fact that with out us there is no you
keep believing that.

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 613
Joined: March 10th, 2005, 10:44 pm
Location: Cincinnati
Contact:

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » May 17th, 2007, 10:37 pm

i aint even trying to hate peron cuzz what im sayin is bad white people run this country and if you plan on staying here thats just the way it is unless you plan on getting away the more power to you but i do think that if we had a black president some shit would change for the better

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 613
Joined: March 10th, 2005, 10:44 pm
Location: Cincinnati
Contact:

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » May 17th, 2007, 10:38 pm

quit thinkin like that your only gonna make yourself a hateful person trust me i know

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » May 17th, 2007, 10:46 pm

You the one sayin we need yall to survive...that reflects a white supremacist attitude.

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 613
Joined: March 10th, 2005, 10:44 pm
Location: Cincinnati
Contact:

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » May 17th, 2007, 10:58 pm

im not gonna argue with you because it aint worth it

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » May 17th, 2007, 11:00 pm

I'm not tryna argue, i'm just saying it irks others when you say you need us, makes others feel like you think you are better, you have to show us how to get along in the world. thats all.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » May 18th, 2007, 6:33 am

perongregory wrote:
puna be real with it, and the idea of the Nazi political party and ideology wasn't even dreamt of when the idea of race was created.
Yea, that's why I said "most of all nazis came up with". They are the ones who tried really hard to make up "scientifical" proofs of different human races and how some "race(s)" are better than others, etc.

Before that, around 17th century, european imperialists came up with "scientifical proofs" of different human races.

These two are the main sections when it comes to defining people by the "race". So from my point of view people who keep the term "race" alive when speaking about humans are either ignorant, stupid, or cheering for nazis and late-imperialists.

It's actually pretty unbeliavable how much in your (american) society the term "race" is used. McMinister copy/pasted some official looking statistic that speaks about races. Here you can see that kind of terminology only on neo-nazis pamflets and publications. Think about it.

Who benefits keeping that term (and the ideology behind it) alive on todays world?

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Unread post by Noog » May 18th, 2007, 9:01 am

Its gotta be said over and over - and Sentanza is right on the money pushing his line here - THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE - HOMO SAPIENS - THE HUMAN RACE - only one race. The human Genome Project wasn't some Victorian quackery, it was good science and yup, it verified we are one, whether we like it or not.

Asiatic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: January 6th, 2007, 8:22 am
Location: Michigan

Unread post by Asiatic » May 18th, 2007, 11:18 am

The amazon women warriors were often considered a myth. In these stories it was said they mated randomly and raised only healthy female children. Riding horses they galloped to war against Greeks. There is a theory that they removed their right breast to draw a bow more efficiently.Evidence has been found these warriors did exist. Recent burial finds in the Don River area seem to confirm the accounts of Herodous an ancient historian.


Hernando Cortez, the conqueror of Mexico's great Aztec civilization is considered by most to be the one who named California after a mythical paradise ruled by Amazon warriors. In 1520, having pushed through Middle America to the Pacific Ocean, he sent many expeditions north and south in the name of his God, Spain and gold. Proceeding North along today's California coast, at the right hand of the Indies Cortez would have found the planet's best version of terrestrial Paradise (the Garden of Eden) where for 10,000 years California Indians had enjoyed an environment which made shelter, clothing, and other trappings of civilization unnecessary. The Baha Peninsula now creates the Sea of Cortez but could have at first appeared as the island named California home to dark Queen Califa and her vast treasures. keep on imma hurt ya feelings on religion lmao :roll: :D :wink: aww baby

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 936
Joined: February 2nd, 2004, 7:38 pm

Unread post by George » May 18th, 2007, 12:57 pm

Asiatic wrote:The amazon women warriors were often considered a myth. In these stories it was said they mated randomly and raised only healthy female children. Riding horses they galloped to war against Greeks. There is a theory that they removed their right breast to draw a bow more efficiently.Evidence has been found these warriors did exist. Recent burial finds in the Don River area seem to confirm the accounts of Herodous an ancient historian.


Hernando Cortez, the conqueror of Mexico's great Aztec civilization is considered by most to be the one who named California after a mythical paradise ruled by Amazon warriors. In 1520, having pushed through Middle America to the Pacific Ocean, he sent many expeditions north and south in the name of his God, Spain and gold. Proceeding North along today's California coast, at the right hand of the Indies Cortez would have found the planet's best version of terrestrial Paradise (the Garden of Eden) where for 10,000 years California Indians had enjoyed an environment which made shelter, clothing, and other trappings of civilization unnecessary. The Baha Peninsula now creates the Sea of Cortez but could have at first appeared as the island named California home to dark Queen Califa and her vast treasures. keep on imma hurt ya feelings on religion lmao :roll: :D :wink: aww baby
Man to cut off your right tit must have been f**cking painful as hell though. Figuring the medical technology waaaaaaaaaaaay back then was not as advance as now... wow!

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 18th, 2007, 4:20 pm

yea i heard how everybody came from africa n all that shit but


sentenza send me a link i can see why black people have nappy hair with alot of curls,big noses and big lips

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » May 18th, 2007, 4:28 pm

Ok i will try to find one for you. I know though that some scientist said, that the longer noses, the europeans have serve to warm up the air that is inhaled due to the cold climate in northern Europe.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 18th, 2007, 4:33 pm

yea i thought of that too ......then i thought buot big lips n wtf can it be that can make u evolve into havin big lips...n then the hair i dono...i don think it got somethi nto do with weather because if so we wud be bold because africa is hot and hair makes u feel hotter than a mothafucka

User avatar
CUETLACHTLI
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 215
Joined: March 21st, 2007, 4:41 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by CUETLACHTLI » May 18th, 2007, 5:08 pm

Mcminister wrote:yea i thought of that too ......then i thought buot big lips n wtf can it be that can make u evolve into havin big lips...n then the hair i dono...i don think it got somethi nto do with weather because if so we wud be bold because africa is hot and hair makes u feel hotter than a mothafucka
Blacks have nappy heads so as the sun didnt burn their scalps in Africa.Have any of you foos noticed that alot aof white people aint got lips??I wonder why??

User avatar
'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3127
Joined: May 31st, 2004, 10:36 am
Country: Hong Kong, China
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » May 18th, 2007, 6:28 pm

CUETLACHTLI wrote: Have any of you foos noticed that alot aof white people aint got lips??I wonder why??
:shock:

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » May 18th, 2007, 9:09 pm

CUETLACHTLI wrote:
Mcminister wrote:yea i thought of that too ......then i thought buot big lips n wtf can it be that can make u evolve into havin big lips...n then the hair i dono...i don think it got somethi nto do with weather because if so we wud be bold because africa is hot and hair makes u feel hotter than a mothafucka
Blacks have nappy heads so as the sun didnt burn their scalps in Africa.Have any of you foos noticed that alot aof white people aint got lips??I wonder why??
If this is true how come other fools along the same latitude lines on other continents dont have nappy hair? And blacks got curly hair too. Before you generalize about blacks just know that Africa got more phenotyupical variation than any other place in the world, meaning African people have the most differing physical characteristics out of any other "race".

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » May 19th, 2007, 8:16 am

Mcminister wrote:yea i heard how everybody came from africa n all that shit but


sentenza send me a link i can see why black people have nappy hair with alot of curls,big noses and big lips
African hair produces plenty of protective oils, called sebum. In fact, African hair actually produces more oils than Caucasian and Asian hair. However, due to the tight curls, the oil fails to spread evenly along the hair fiber.

Without lubrication, the fibers become very dry. This causes the brittle strands to flake and roughen, resulting in hair that is coarse to the touch. Very curly hair from all ethnic groups often lacks the silky smoothness of straight hair. This may due to the same reason, but to a lesser extent.

The brittleness of African hair adds to the illusion that it cannot be grown long. The tight curls create stresses at each turn in the hair fiber. The hair strands become weak and fragile, making them prone to breakage. As a result, tightly coiled hair tends to stay quite short.

http://www.thetech.org/genetics/ask.php?id=107


"Either way, the implication is that our European ancestors were brown-skinned for tens of thousands of years--a suggestion made 30 years ago by Stanford University geneticist L. Luca Cavalli-Sforza. He argued that the early immigrants to Europe, who were hunter-gatherers, herders, and fishers, survived on ready-made sources of vitamin D in their diet. But when farming spread in the past 6000 years, he argued, Europeans had fewer sources of vitamin D in their food and needed to absorb more sunlight to produce the vitamin in their skin. Cultural factors such as heavier clothing might also have favored increased absorption of sunlight on the few exposed areas of skin, such as hands and faces, says paleoanthropologist Nina Jablonski of PSU in State College."

http://yannklimentidis.blogspot.com/200 ... ecent.html

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2247
Joined: October 12th, 2004, 9:48 pm
Location: NYC

Unread post by se11 » May 19th, 2007, 11:56 am

its all genetics. not every black person has a big nose or big lips or really nappy hair. they all have different mix of genes in them. some black people have more curly hair, some wavy, some nappy. everyone is different.

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Unread post by Noog » May 19th, 2007, 7:27 pm

What the F - do you mean! I've go a fuccin' monumental nose, straight shuttup to all big nose haters, nose is the future, all the better to smell tings wid seen. Big beautiful nose. And right now, theres an Italian Gally here with me complaining about my computer nerdiness wanting my big fuccin nose up close and personal..........

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1353
Joined: December 12th, 2003, 9:21 am
Location: East London Uk

Unread post by Noog » May 19th, 2007, 7:29 pm

By the way, anyone ever had a lil' flirt with Absinth? Woah, that was tonight, green hullicinogenic liquer...fuccc.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » May 19th, 2007, 7:48 pm

haha, no Ansinth here, just Rum :wink:

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » May 19th, 2007, 9:15 pm

Noog wrote:By the way, anyone ever had a lil' flirt with Absinth? Woah, that was tonight, green hullicinogenic liquer...fuccc.
it has wormwood in it, thats why it's illegal in the states.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2277
Joined: April 18th, 2006, 10:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there
Location: home or something

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » May 19th, 2007, 9:19 pm

perongregory wrote:
Noog wrote:By the way, anyone ever had a lil' flirt with Absinth? Woah, that was tonight, green hullicinogenic liquer...fuccc.
it has wormwood in it, thats why it's illegal in the states.
fuck is wormwood?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » May 20th, 2007, 1:16 am

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
perongregory wrote:
Noog wrote:By the way, anyone ever had a lil' flirt with Absinth? Woah, that was tonight, green hullicinogenic liquer...fuccc.
it has wormwood in it, thats why it's illegal in the states.
fu-- is wormwood?
a hallucinogen

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » May 20th, 2007, 6:52 am

Noog wrote:By the way, anyone ever had a lil' flirt with Absinth? Woah, that was tonight, green hullicinogenic liquer...fuccc.
Hell yea! In Finland they don't sell the good stuff with all the potential (illegal here), but you can order that via Internet. Although I like more of "canna-vodka", a vodka bottle that is stuffed with cannabis and then let it be for about 2-3 weeks. After that, when you drink it up, only one small glass is enough to get you on the good mood.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1387
Joined: August 2nd, 2004, 5:55 pm
Country: Finland
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above
Location: Hellsinki, Finno-Ugria

Unread post by punamusta » May 20th, 2007, 6:56 am

se11 wrote:its all genetics. not every black person has a big nose or big lips or really nappy hair. they all have different mix of genes in them. some black people have more curly hair, some wavy, some nappy. everyone is different.
True. For example I'm white, but I have big lips. Seems that most of my family and cousins have big lips. Don't know where it comes from, but that's how it is.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » May 20th, 2007, 7:06 am

interesting video showing Kushitic Africans (Ethiopians, Oromas, Somalians, Sudanese, Eritreans, etc.), as well as some west African people. They are not mixed with all that BS that people think a black has to be to have these features. Let's remember Africa has the biggest phenotypic ratio in the world -meaning the people express more physical differences than anywhere else on the globe. And lets remember Africa has its on sub-sets of people like every other continent. So stop being ignorant and trying to generalize black people, plus, my Ethiopian friends are tired of ignant African Americans and whites asking them if they are mixed.

hidden faces of Africa

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 286
Joined: February 5th, 2005, 6:24 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Unread post by Anesis » May 20th, 2007, 7:12 am

punamusta wrote: True. For example I'm white, but I have big lips. Seems that most of my family and cousins have big lips. Don't know where it comes from, but that's how it is.
I was just reading a book and I thought about you - it seems that when the Scandinavian immigrants came to American with the Finns and Russians, they tried to convince Americans that the Finns weren't white. They tried to categorize them as Asian ("Finno-Tartar branch of the Mongolian race")

The book?
Working toward Whiteness - How Americans Immigrants Became White
David Roediger

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » May 20th, 2007, 7:13 am

Anesis wrote:
punamusta wrote: True. For example I'm white, but I have big lips. Seems that most of my family and cousins have big lips. Don't know where it comes from, but that's how it is.
I was just reading a book and I thought about you - it seems that when the Scandinavian immigrants came to American with the Finns and Russians, they tried to convince Americans that the Finns weren't white. They tried to categorize them as Asian ("Finno-Tartar branch of the Mongolian race")

The book?
Working toward Whiteness - How Americans Immigrants Became White
David Roediger
That's a good book.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » May 21st, 2007, 9:34 pm

w.e with'em books tho
white people are still white people...and black people are still black people

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”