hasim nzinga comments(new black panther party)

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

hasim nzinga comments(new black panther party)

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 6:32 pm

the brother hasim(from new black panther party) speaks as well on fox news channel & speaks for the blacks in america ,when spoken on how blacks was lynched back in the days most known being emmit till for whistling at a white female...fox news response "thanks for ya racism"

-another point this broadcast tried to make is the rev. al sharpton & the rev jessie jackson called jews"diamond merchers"..called the mayor of new york "a niggah then a whore", jessie jackson accusations of him spitting in food of non african americans..weather these are true or not i still think these is 2 of the most bravest black brothers out there tryna speak for us at a time when black leaders are fading off.

-not tryna turn this into white & black just pointing out some real things thats going on in life..most of us on this site are over the age of 21 so if your gonna speak on this thread be mature..i see some dudes crying & stuff keep that outta here...peace

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » April 13th, 2007, 8:19 pm

dont understand any of this

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Re: hasim nzinga comments(new black panther party)

Unread post by se11 » April 13th, 2007, 9:41 pm

Qdawg wrote:the brother hasim(from new black panther party) speaks as well on fox news channel & speaks for the blacks in america ,when spoken on how blacks was lynched back in the days most known being emmit till for whistling at a white female...fox news response "thanks for ya racism"

-another point this broadcast tried to make is the rev. al sharpton & the rev jessie jackson called jews"diamond merchers"..called the mayor of new york "a niggah then a whore", jessie jackson accusations of him spitting in food of non african americans..weather these are true or not i still think these is 2 of the most bravest black brothers out there tryna speak for us at a time when black leaders are fading off.

-not tryna turn this into white & black just pointing out some real things thats going on in life..most of us on this site are over the age of 21 so if your gonna speak on this thread be mature..i see some dudes crying & stuff keep that outta here...peace
could you further explain the first part because i believe your saying that fox news called him a racist for saying how blacks used to be linched for whistling at white women. is that correct? which is totally wrong, because the man was just stating a fact. could you explain this further.

i respect your opinions qdawg, but al sharpton and jesse jackson are two lying racist publicity whores. al sharpton, who is suppose to be this "honest leader", who asked imus to resign from his job for his racist comments, still hasn't apologized for his own racist doings and has yet to man up at all. and jesse jackson has refered to new york city as "jewtown" or "hymietown". he was also the first people to tear the duke lacross kids a new asshole when that problem arose, with no evidence against them, and still hasn't apologized or manned up to that. so i respect these two guys just as much as i respect imus or any other bigot. but an african-american called on a NY radio program called in and made a point. he said that "although jessie and al are leaders with a bad past, they are the only leaders the black community has". which i can understand. but i cant help but feel that a more deserving honest african-american deserves to be in the spot light and representing the community, while these two repeated liars continue to speak for black community.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 9:44 pm

[quote="oXJmAuPs2005Xo"]dont understand any of this[/quote]

the brother of this topic i named from the new black panther party appeared on a fox news channel to discuss the al sharpton/jesse jackson comments...on it he stated some of the things i said....some of the fox personal asked the brother was sharpton/jackson right on a few comments they made(1 -disrepect of jews/ the new york mayor/etc) the brother vouched for jackson & al & added his 2 sense...in return the fox news people called the brother a racist

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 9:47 pm

No More Drama - The Al Sharpton Saga
by Bruce Banter

Al Sharpton’s charge into the National spotlight has been filled with controversy, but I still identified with him more than anybody else in the race for the Democratic presidential nomination. As I have followed his career I have always thought of him as a dynamic impromptu speaker, who meant well but simply wasn’t seasoned in his leadership. If born a few years later he might have become a great freestyle rapper. Although a few years removed, he still has a hip-hop style of bravado, which attracts many younger people and at the same time makes many older people keep their distance. However, Sharpton’s critics and supporters aren’t monolithic. Sharpton’s critics can’t simply be assumed to be old white racist and his supporters can’t be assumed to be young African-Americans or Latinos. If it was that simple Sharpton might as well not run for any office. A rising number of people in the African-American community who vote are washing their hands of Al Sharpton and in my experience his African-American critics are usually more mature politically than the average electorate.

I maintain a careful ear on what my colleagues and neighbors think and say about Rev. Sharpton. I pay attention to who they are and what experiences they might have had which may have caused them to view Sharpton favorably or not so favorably. I’m talking real issues (grassroots) not personal grudges. Being careful to avoid dialogue tainted from a personal level, realizing that many were angered at the embarrassing public debacle that “Reverends” Sharpton and Jesse Jackson engaged in (verbally) 2 years ago vying for “Head Negro In Charge (HNIC)” status. That display was personal and involved a lot of narcissistic, overblown ego. That was a red flag right there but “we are all a work in progress”. So I chalked up their petty and trivial HNIC battles as isolated personal conflict among competitive friends. But I actually knew the friendship was over when Sharpton publicly chastised Jackson for impregnating his mistress (Karin Stanford). On the flip side, if asked Sharpton won’t comment publicly about best friend James Brown beating women, drug usage, imprisonments, or chronic arrest cause - that’s his friend. Most people understand that friendships work like that, so nobody would expect anything else. Unfortunately we also realized that although Jesse gave Sharpton his start in politics, his former political mentor’s ego was going to clash with his forever more.

Because COIntelpro is so sophisticated I tend to always give Sharpton or any Black leader the benefit of the doubt whenever I hear something negative, although sometimes my instincts tell me otherwise. I think Sharpton has come a long way since the sweat suits and gold chain days- but he is only as good as his documented history.

Two years ago a HBO program called Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel showed a 19-year-old FBI videotape (1983) in which Al Sharpton is seen talking about laundering drug money with former mobster Michael Franzese, a Mafioso-turned-undercover-FBI informant posing as a cocaine dealer. Sharpton was supposed to be meeting him for Don King. It looked bad, but anybody who saw the video realizes that it didn’t prove anything under the circumstances. In the tape Sharpton does nod and say, "right" and "I hear you" a few times but he never agrees to accept or distribute the heroin. His explanation of being scared and caught off guard is very believable. Especially since nothing ever became of the tape. I smelled smear campaign probably cause of the source, so I chalked it up to Sharpton’s naiveté (Although some still contend that the tape was evidence, he had been forced him into working with the FBI. In addition when King was questioned during a 1992 Senate investigation about his connection to another mobster John Gotti, King took the Fifth Amendment). I still reasoned, Sharpton was young and made a mistake by having a slim association with obviously shady characters.

Sharpton’s most serious infractions came from within the Black community, particularly, the accusation of him being a “government informant”. Understand, Sharpton has admitted assisting the government in drug and organized crime cases, by accompanying undercover federal agents wearing body recorders to meetings with various subjects of federal investigations, thus the informant label isn’t far-fetched or unbelievable. Sharpton insists he never turned over information about others in the community, but black activist in New York have long accused Sharpton of trying to help the government set up former Black Panther, Assata Shakur a.k.a. Joanne Chesimard. This accusation was largely only known in the grass roots community until New York Newsday did a story on it. It’s a claim that if proven true, won’t be forgiven “under any circumstances”. Although the activists who made the charges are very credible men, essentially its Sharpton’s word, versus their word. In American society people usually side with the man who has the higher profile and media access. That’s just how it works; the public in general is naive because people see Sharpton on TV talking about issues that will benefit them. Many times if something controversial happens involving a high profile Black personality the initial thought is that “it’s probably some setup or smear campaign designed to bring that personality down”. By the time Sharpton got stabbed at a New York demonstration, all was forgotten and many who were upset with him were sympathetic. So those who were initially backing away from Sharpton forgave him and said we’re going to let this slide but Al - please “No More Drama”.

However, the latest revelations on Al Sharpton are going to ultimately seal his doom and this time there’s not much he can really say in light of the facts. According to reports in The New York Times (January 25), New York's Village Voice ("Sleeping with the GOP," February 3), and also the highly influential African American website BlackCommentator.com which published a essay “Rightwing Republicans Takeover Sharpton’s Campaign Apparatus” which concluded that “the growing storm over his covert alliance with rightwing Republicans probably came too late to have any measurable impact on this years Democratic primaries, but the revelations are a deathblow to his actual goal, which is to become the recognized leader of African Americans”. Although the Village Voice story has framed the report in terms of treachery to the Democratic Party, or as evidence of Sharpton's visceral disdain for white "liberals," the tale will resonate somewhat differently among African Americans. Sharpton comes across as a hapless stooge of the worst elements of the GOP” and naïve puppet!

http://www.playahata.com/pages/banner/nomoredrama.htm

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: hasim nzinga comments(new black panther party)

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 9:56 pm

[quote="se11"][quote="Qdawg"]the brother hasim(from new black panther party) speaks as well on fox news channel & speaks for the blacks in america ,when spoken on how blacks was lynched back in the days most known being emmit till for whistling at a white female...fox news response "thanks for ya racism"

-not tryna turn this into white & black just pointing out some real things thats going on in life..most of us on this site are over the age of 21 so if your gonna speak on this thread be mature..i see some dudes crying & stuff keep that outta here...peace[/quote]

could you further explain the first part because i believe your saying that fox news called him a racist for saying how blacks used to be linched for whistling at white women. is that correct? which is totally wrong, because the man was just stating a fact. could you explain this further.

i respect your opinions qdawg, but al sharpton and jesse jackson are two lying racist publicity whores. al sharpton, who is suppose to be this "honest leader", who asked imus to resign from his job for his racist comments, still hasn't apologized for his own racist doings and has yet to man up at all. and jesse jackson has refered to new york city as "jewtown" or "hymietown". he was also the first people to tear the duke lacross kids a new ahole when that problem arose, with no evidence against them, and still hasn't apologized or manned up to that. so i respect these two guys just as much as i respect imus or any other bigot. but an african-american called on a NY radio program called in and made a point. he said that "although jessie and al are leaders with a bad past, they are the only leaders the black community has". which i can understand. but i cant help but feel that a more deserving honest african-american deserves to be in the spot light and representing the community, while these two repeated liars continue to speak for black community.[/quote]

yeah se11 i feel what your saying dog...i dont know if that accusation about jesse spitting in non blacks food was true or not but if it was true jesse is a wild dude

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 13th, 2007, 9:59 pm

Is it just me, or does it seem that Al Sharpton only really appears when he knows the cameras are gonna be there?

I mean, I can respect him for fighting for civil rights, but aren't there any other leaders out there that aren't so caught up in the spotlight?

(PS, His wife is from here 8) )

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 13th, 2007, 10:04 pm

^^ my point exactly.

and qdawg, you know about tawana brawley case and sharptons involvment in that? that was some sick shit.

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 13th, 2007, 10:05 pm

^^ my point exactly.

and qdawg, you know about tawana brawley case and sharptons involvment in that? that was some sick shit.

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 10:16 pm

[quote="se11"]^^ my point exactly.

and qdawg, you know about tawana brawley case and sharptons involvment in that? that was some sick shit.[/quote]

the name sounds familiar...i probably wouldnt have remembered but when you mentioned al being involved thats the young girl who got raped by a couple white dudes back in the days right?

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 13th, 2007, 11:44 pm

yeah, al set the whole thing up or something like that. it takes a sick individual to even think about doing what supposedly happened to the girl(gang raped, racial slurs written on her, and feces smeared on her face), let alone actually getting involving it. i was too young to remember but here's the wiki article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Pagones

now, the whole thing was a fucked up incodent, and personally i feel that people who falsly accuse and take advantage of the system should be thrown dealt with. but the one thing that really from reading about that article is this:
Sharpton still refused to apologize to Pagones, and had one of his friends pay the damage amount.
i mean sharpton has the balls to give imus the chance to resign on his show, yet sharpton won't even apologize for his racist, insane, and immoral act. he tried to get 6 innocent people thrown in jail, and ruin a mans life work, and he wont even apologize. it's not even about race, to do something that disturbing, is something in it's own.[/i]

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 14th, 2007, 12:02 am

yeah thats type deep man

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » April 14th, 2007, 3:37 am

A Ghost wrote:Is it just me, or does it seem that Al Sharpton only really appears when he knows the cameras are gonna be there?
lol