down south is the motherland for us blacks?

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

down south is the motherland for us blacks?

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 8:06 pm

people for the most part know africa as the motherland, others(5%) are taught out motherland is asia...but beside the fact for african americans born in the u.s.a everybody should know the beginning of our struggles started down south ,where blacks from africa were taking to the south for slavery & spread out over down south slave plantations..thats where our ancestors had real struggles 1st & foremost.

-im not from down south but i started this thread to school certain "misunderstood blacks" on history....dudes is on this website clowning the south as a whole over some video they seen on b.e.t...thats where respect should be paid 1st & foremost...california didnt start no black struggle,if you know your history you know most of the gangs started in cali was 1st started by southern blacks who relocated to california from the south.... example being (r.i.p) tookie williams is not from cali hes from louisiana, larry hoover who started that gd movement up in the midwest in chicago is from mississipi,plenty more...just thought some of yah dudes know yah should pay homage 1st & foremost & learn ya history :!:

oXJmAuPs2005Xo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by oXJmAuPs2005Xo » April 13th, 2007, 8:17 pm

i fuckin hate history its so brutal and violent i hate my history

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 9:38 pm

[quote="oXJmAuPs2005Xo"]i fuckin hate history its so brutal and violent i hate my history[/quote]

i feel you but its something that needs to be known,ancestors would turn in they grave if what they fought for in the past was ignored now/future

se11
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by se11 » April 13th, 2007, 9:48 pm

thats real qdawg.

no offense intended, but cotton i believe was mainly produced in the south and was a popular job of slaves, more fields, more slaves. you look at other places up north and plantation wasn't as big, not as many slaves. many freed slaves, and escaped slaves moved up north because laws were less strict and slavery was insignificant compared to the south. and wasn't the south where blues was started during slavery?

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 13th, 2007, 9:52 pm

[quote="se11"]thats real qdawg.

no offense intended, but cotton i believe was mainly produced in the south and was a popular job of slaves, more fields, more slaves. you look at other places up north and plantation wasn't as big, not as many slaves. many freed slaves, and escaped slaves moved up north because laws were less strict and slavery was insignificant compared to the south. and wasn't the south where blues was started during slavery?[/quote]

true true & yeah@blues was started in the south

relentless

Re: down south is the motherland for us blacks?

Unread post by relentless » April 13th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Qdawg wrote:....dudes is on this website clowning the south as a whole over some video they seen on b.e.t...
And that's all it is man, clowning. But I aint never met a brotha who downright hated the south as a whole. We just hate all the wackass crunkin' hip flop and the packs of toothless Klu Klux Krap down there.... It aint nuthin.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Odog » April 14th, 2007, 4:15 am

Isn't Atlanta in the South?I thought Atlanta had the biggest Black population of Amerika?I asked this because i thought Black people were migrating to the South?Because it's kinda funny cause probably they elders migrated to the North and know they migrating to the South.

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » April 14th, 2007, 8:39 am

I know and everybody in the state of florida know this is the "nigger hatin state" str8 up and the only county where the kkk is in full affect is port saint lucie home of the rednecks.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Odog » April 14th, 2007, 9:38 am

Florida is worser then Alabama?Is the law that a white person can't marry a Black person,is that still uphold?

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 14th, 2007, 11:09 am

i always looked at fla as a retirement state for rich senior citizens..& to o-dog thats how it was back in the days southerners moved from the south to the northeast - mid-west - westcoast

Hell
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Hell » April 14th, 2007, 11:11 am

^ I have never heard of a law such is that down here but missipssi is the worst state in all of america besides wash. DC.

Odog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Odog » April 14th, 2007, 12:00 pm

About that law,Alabama is the only state to uphold that law.But i thought,like we in the 2000's maybe times have changed.

StreetKnowledge
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by StreetKnowledge » April 14th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Well, Ill tell yall something, being in the south. I live in Tenesssee and things still aint equal down here. At night their are still some counties that myself, or any other nigga should go. I aint tryin to say that its like the 60's, but racism and shit i still boiling down here. Take for example when I lived in Houston Texas. Coming from the east, you would always have to go through Vidor,Texas. Now out of all places, this place is full of racist fools. Just back in 93 , the city tried to integrate some projects. Few weeks later The Klan had ran all the blacks out. Ya'll could search it up on google and it would tell yall the whole story. So dont let the SOuth fool you man.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 14th, 2007, 8:57 pm

yo streetknowledge hows houston tx....is it coo out there

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 14th, 2007, 8:57 pm

like can a brotha find goodlife out there

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » April 15th, 2007, 12:13 am

StreetKnowledge I feel ya southhaven MS is like right under memphis but I wont travel through there after like 9 cuz those police are dirty down there and will leave you walkin through the woods

StreetKnowledge
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by StreetKnowledge » April 16th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Mcminister: Yea Houston is a good town to settle down, and make that grip. It's a diverse city so everybody fits in and shit.

Oaktown G: Yea man, Tenessee is also where the clan started.