wealthy/middle blks class bangin struggle pt2?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

wealthy/middle blks class bangin struggle pt2?

Unread post by Qdawg » April 14th, 2007, 3:22 pm

yeah this is a part 2 to my 1st topic (suburbs being for preppy whites)...this time im putting that lime light on areas where its few blacks or a good amount of blacks thats wealthy,middle class & kids that comes from good house backgrounds(both moms & pops is around)...i see dudes come on here (only on the computer never the streets) where they talk about black struggles for brothers across the state but the area there in is prod. white,hispanic & its no big struggle...so that ask me why are you banging for? try to help brothers that are banging financially,employment to help them get out they struggle.

example : GARDENA,CALIFORNIA

Gardena is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. The population was 57,746 at the 2000 census.

As of the censusGR2 of 2000, there were 57,746 people, 20,324 households, and 14,023 families residing in the city. The population density was 3,830.9/km² (9,921.3/mi²). There were 21,041 housing units at an average density of 1,395.9/km² (3,615.0/mi²). The racial makeup of the city was 23.82% White, 25.99% Black or African American, 0.64% Native American, 26.82% Asian, 0.73% Pacific Islander, 16.94% from other races, and 5.05% from two or more races. 31.82% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

There were 20,324 households out of which 33.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 44.5% were married couples living together, 18.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 31.0% were non-families. 25.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.80 and the average family size was 3.38.

In the city the population was spread out with 25.8% under the age of 18, 8.7% from 18 to 24, 32.3% from 25 to 44, 20.9% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 34 years. For every 100 females there were 95.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 91.4 males.

The median income for a household in the city was $38,988, and the median income for a family was $44,906. Males had a median income of $32,951 versus $29,908 for females. The per capita income for the city was $17,263. About 12.3% of families and 15.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 22.3% of those under age 18 and 10.1% of those age 65 or over.

:roll: im not buying that@financially fit families putting theyself out there like hotboys :arrow:

king phoenix
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by king phoenix » April 14th, 2007, 6:38 pm

thats a lot of stats man!

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 14th, 2007, 8:24 pm

alot of brotha's got choices btu always tryna look macho n shit...i kno a whole bunch of niggaz that lie buot they past
some move to the projects with they aunti coz they wana be down
i kno brotha's that come to the projects all the way from them suburbs with 5 room houses to kick it in the hood and wana be down with the sets out here...have no family problems at all too but think they can move out here settle in and act like they been around problems and they can relate and all that .....i kno people in the hood that tell they cuzins to move out in the hood so they can learn how to become a man

i actually know this lite skin nigga i always see aruond the way actin hard n saggin his pants n shit coz he in some gang well i thuoght dude was real n all that...until i seen his ass up in Silver spring,MD in some swimmin pool type house wen i was visitin fam out there. he was all different he didnt even talk the same....dats when i knew foo's these days are jst frontin ..i ain snitch on him still tho..ain sayin no names n shit coz u neva kno who on this mothafucka

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 14th, 2007, 8:31 pm

:shock:

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 14th, 2007, 8:48 pm

[quote="Mcminister"]alot of brotha's got choices btu always tryna look macho n shit...i kno a whole bunch of niggaz that lie buot they past
some move to the projects with they aunti coz they wana be down
i kno brotha's that come to the projects all the way from them suburbs with 5 room houses to kick it in the hood and wana be down with the sets out here...have no family problems at all too but think they can move out here settle in and act like they been around problems and they can relate and all that .....i kno people in the hood that tell they cuzins to move out in the hood so they can learn how to become a man

i actually know this lite skin nigga i always see aruond the way actin hard n saggin his pants n shit coz he in some gang well i thuoght dude was real n all that...until i seen his ass up in Silver spring,MD in some swimmin pool type house wen i was visitin fam out there. he was all different he didnt even talk the same....dats when i knew foo's these days are jst frontin ..i ain snitch on him still tho..ain sayin no names n shit coz u neva kno who on this mothafucka[/quote]

you said you stay out in northeast dc?..silver spring is a hop skip & jump from that side of town...most of them pg county dudes feel they have something to prove

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » April 16th, 2007, 1:04 pm

There's alot of black middle and upper class areas in L.A.

Ladera Hts.
Baldwin Hills
View Park
Windsor Hills
Fox Hills, Culver City
north Inglewood

BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » April 17th, 2007, 8:43 pm

there are alot of white people in ontario, pomona, chino, and such. And those areas you list for preppy rich folks in socal are generally asian, like arcadia or pasadena are both asian, same thing with gardena I think.

BornInvincible
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BornInvincible » April 17th, 2007, 8:48 pm

Appalachia is the poorest community in the u.s and it is white.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 17th, 2007, 9:30 pm

BornInvincible wrote:Appalachia is the poorest community in the u.s and it is white.

Thats in Upstate New York too

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » April 18th, 2007, 3:06 am

Silencioso wrote:There's alot of black middle and upper class areas in L.A.

Ladera Hts.
Baldwin Hills
View Park
Windsor Hills
Fox Hills, Culver City
north Inglewood

THOSE ARE SOME ASS PLACES RIGHT THERE. THATS LOS ANGELES AT ITS BEST AND HOPEFULLY IF I GET MY MONEY RIGHT IAM GOING TO TRY MOVE EITHER LADERA HEIGHTS OR BALDWIN HILLS

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » April 18th, 2007, 5:44 am

BornInvincible wrote:there are alot of white people in ontario, pomona, chino, and such. And those areas you list for preppy rich folks in socal are generally asian, like arcadia or pasadena are both asian, same thing with gardena I think.

Pomona is the ghetto, dirty and grimey as fuck. Pomona use to lead LA county in murder rate consistently. Pasadena is not like Arcadia, Arcadia is a high class mixture of Asians and Whites. Pasadena has a ghetto that all the Blacks were pushed towards when they moved in. Stats on areas can be very misleading. Gardena is right below South Central and next to Compton. All though it has some nicer homes than some of the surrounding areas these niggas is still directly in the mix of the activity for the most part. Most of the time when you see stats like that in cities where niggas gang bang there is specific areas where a group of Blacks or Latinos are stuck together in little poverty pockets.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » April 18th, 2007, 7:05 am

rocstar wrote: Gardena is right below South Central and next to Compton. All though it has some nicer homes than some of the surrounding areas these niggas is still directly in the mix of the activity for the most part. Most of the time when you see stats like that in cities where niggas gang bang there is specific areas where a group of Blacks or Latinos are stuck together in little poverty pockets.

I wasn't even going to engage dude in a discussion about his corny post regarding Gardena because for one he's obviously nowhere near Cali, and by this topic he posted it's obvious he dont know anything about bangin in Cali. Also he's depending on googling stats for his info. Did he know or say what areas are about 5-20 minutes away from Gardena. He put it out there like Gardena waaay in the hills or something.

I dont care what cats believe as afr as what hoods is more grimy then Gardena, as I've said, if you go into any hood and run into the wrong bruthas, you going to get got, period. It dont matter how small the hood is considered.

There's more white folk in Gardena? Where?? And what hoods in LA only have Black folk in them? And how many hoods in LA have a gang of Hispanics in them? What was your point about the Hispanic stat? Where havent Hispanic migrated back to in Cali? Those from Cali on here know the REAL about these questions. And how many cities in LA where there are gangs have "nice" homes? Those from Cali know about that their are numerous neighborhoods that have bombs homes. This cat aint knowing. There's a thread on here someone did about what hoods in LA has nice homes, he needs to see the responses on that thread.

And then to say, there are two parents in the home and their is Black folk who are wealthy or middle class in Gardena? I'm wondering his definition of wealthy and what does two parents in the home have to do with anything as far as bangin goes?? It ain't about who in the house, it's about who's teaching or guiding the child(and even if the child has that, it's no guarentee he wont get in these streets), and who in Cali never heard of bruthas bangin that had both parents and wasn't exactly poor? This cat thinking he going to depend on doing searches on the internet like he call himself doing blakk's city and believe what them white folk say about cities in Cali. He thought he was putting GARDENA on blast, but he winds up showing he doesnt have a clue about the streets in Cali. Try another tactic brutha, because the search thing aint proving nothing! If you aint touch the concrete in these streets in LA, your post are void...

Besides all this, regardless of what he thinks about certain cities in Cali, the REAL struggle is the same for bruthas in Gardena, L.A. watts, compton and any city in any state, if you really want to keep it REAL! As i've said numerous times, none of us have or own s!@# in any of these cities, so what's really the difference?

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 18th, 2007, 7:54 am

:roll: @guess alonso will be recieving a pm in his box about me soon from a disgruntled s-g member

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 18th, 2007, 7:57 am

"! IF you aint touch the concrete in these streets in LA, your post are void... "

"if" = meaning somebody dont know for sure aka assumptions=making wrong assumptions =makes a bigger ass outta yourself :!:

but im not breaking down nothing,back to the topic :arrow:

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: wealthy/middle blks class bangin struggle pt2?

Unread post by Qdawg » April 18th, 2007, 7:59 am

[quote="Qdawg"]

About 12.3% of families and 15.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 22.3% of those under age 18 and 10.1% of those age 65 or over.
[/quote]

:arrow:

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » April 18th, 2007, 8:00 am

A Ghost wrote::shock:

It's nothing to be shocked about, I think dude think X is like blakk and he assumed he would do another corny thread that gets pages and pages of clowning Gardena and what I represent but X aint blakk, I aint extraed out and fronting being something I'm not. As you can see aint nobody fell for this tactic. X aint the one. LOL @ doing searches and using white folk info to proves his point about the streets of Cali... :arrow:

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by 'X' » April 18th, 2007, 8:01 am

Qdawg wrote:

but im not breaking down nothing,back to the topic :arrow:

Exactly, because there's nothing to see here...

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 18th, 2007, 8:01 am

save the crying for ya father(aka alonso)

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 18th, 2007, 8:04 am

corny,corny ,corny every other line your a grown man act it

corny on streetgangs = somebody who doesnt dikride this clown from gardena

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Qdawg » April 18th, 2007, 8:10 am

[quote="'X'"][quote="A Ghost"]:shock:[/quote]
It's nothing to be shocked about, I think dude think X is like blakk and he assumed he
[/quote]

Qdawg
Super Heavy Weight

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:24 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was having a good time clowning him everyday he came on so banning him would leave me type bored with some of the other less COMPETITIVE FAGOTS(cant stress that word enough) on this website

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 18th, 2007, 9:18 am

Damn

I never thought QDawg and X would go at it.

Come on now you two are better than that, leave that for the 11 year olds on this site :?

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » April 18th, 2007, 3:53 pm

damn i wanted to say somethin bout the topic but niggaz are wildin...lol

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 18th, 2007, 6:20 pm

Mcminister wrote:damn i wanted to say somethin bout the topic but niggaz are wildin...lol

You reminded me of something.... :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTtzgq1PLxo[/youtube]

(no racism)

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » April 19th, 2007, 10:27 pm

In all actuality you can get stats like that on a gang of hoods out this way, there as irrelevant as the one that says NY is the safest city. Anybody can pass through anywhere and not think much of it, only the niggas that stay there really feel that grind. And Gardena niggas beef with some of the monsters in the LA gang banging scene.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » April 20th, 2007, 9:08 am

Census studies may be great for the average household that answers the door or actually fills out the paperwork. Do you really think a group of poor people who have no homes are easy to get ahold of to report their financial information or to report how they make money and where it might come from, illegal or not? I'm not saying your stats are wrong, they're just what's been reported. I highly doubt it's a mecca of goodness where there's a portion of middle class blacks, whites and hispanics living it up totally oblivious to the rest of the counties that surround it.

I suggest you reserve judgement on an area you may have only read about. If you have been there, then by all means let us know what you saw there verses what someone who lives there might think. I know when I read about the statistics and the write ups of the places I've lived they paint a much different picture then how it actually was.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » April 20th, 2007, 9:58 am

A Ghost wrote:
Mcminister wrote:damn i wanted to say somethin bout the topic but niggaz are wildin...lol

(no racism)
8) 8)

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » April 20th, 2007, 8:45 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:
A Ghost wrote:

(no racism)
8) 8)
LOL @ FEMA :lol: :lol:

Blunt

Unread post by Blunt » December 19th, 2007, 8:19 am

I know this is a old topic but I moved out here from the bay and live in gardena now and I heard that before about the city, mostly from people who think where they live is like Bagdad and we all know its not close LOL.I think me and X are around the same area I've read some of X's comments on here and it never seems he's overexagerating about things like some others do. If he did i would call it out; I got no reason to lie and make it look like its Sudan or Iraq over here. There are nice houses over here, no two story houses and some boarded up but decent houses. There are nice houses in compton, south central, and inglewood.
There is a white population in gardena but we don't know where they at because we're on the northside. Compton and Inglewood used to be all white a few years ago; some still have their houses and live there. Every hood has that old white person or couple LOL!!! If you looked at the demographics with your nifty lil chart of stats you would kno that no whites or asians live north of marine (where the northside/hood starts).

Again no reason to lie. I live off el segundo blvd.(which borders south central) and since I've been living here everything's happened (on my street) that others are so proud to brag about. People i've known been shot, stabbed, robbed, etc. two of my neighbors (one was a woman) been killed from street shit. I slept through a friend of mine getting shot multiple times a few houses down from me. Fortunalely he lived but the other person didn't. The g-birds fly atleast 2-3 times nightly doing routine checks. I hear shots fired every once in a while but not on a everynight basis.

There are people who have some nice cars (toyota camry/lexus nice), and many people still have pushstart buckets.nothing I don't see in anybody else's hood. The neighborhood is a black and latino neighborhood and everybody's tryna make it. Honestly nobody in this neighborhood is rich or close to it. Many are struggling to make ends over here and there are many below the poverty line living in the apartments over here. My family being one of them getting our stuff together now. Get off that high horse thinking you only got problems and get a life. Your googling stats from a city across the US??? Just to complain about it??? Thats some homo shit if you ask me ain't it? Me personally...I would never walk in some unknown hood and automatically assume because those are the one's who get caught slippin; the naive.

We originally came out here from East Palo Alto so you can't tell me wuts hood.

peace

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”