Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

Unread post by mayugastank » August 24th, 2009, 11:05 am

Tre wrote:
~J~ wrote:
Tre wrote:I asked Mayuga earlier why African American parents aren’t up in arms, complaining about black youth appropriating (dominating) aspects of Chicano culture! The reason for this is because blacks don’t see Chicano culture as a threat. The Chicano culture has its roots in African culture. Their culture is so fused with the African its ridiculous!!! When I view Chicano/Mexican culture I can see the stamp, the handprint other blacks= Africans have left.
I'm sorry but the video doesn't support this comment other then to talk about Blacks being in Mexico which is common knowledge. you seem to be dismissing all it is unique to us. it is fair to say that Blacks have influenced aspects of Chicano culture and Mexican culture to a lesser extent but as a whole it's far away from being "fused"!
Mayuga talks about the Aztecs and Mayans as being a part of pre-hispanic culture. We’ll Mayans pictured themselves as both black and white on their pottery... just check out the black man with his spear and leopard skin to the far right!

Since black African populations are the oldest and modern humans first evolved and migrated out of Africa, when you see dark skinned people and light skinned people occupying similar latitudes with similar levels of solar UV radiation. The standard explanation is that the lighter skinned people are newcomers. Hence, natural selection has not had enough time to darken their skin.

TRE - what exactly are you insinuating? We know that AFRICA is the birthplace of man, But to say that all men are descendants of what is now AFRICANS? Their are (3) primary racial groups , with all other races being a mixture of a combination of the 3. I would say that by a simple look at our genetics and even the look of my people without the SPANIARD mix , you can see clearly that we are descendants of the ASIATIC race. Just as surely as the NATIVE AMERICANS are identical to the peoples of MONGOLIA, we are descendants of southern migrating NATIVE AMERICANS and at the Southern Tip of SOUTH AMERICA, the latin people there are descendants of traveling and trading peoples of the Middle East and Asia. TRE in reality we are as far away as possible from AFRICANS --no doubt that there were AFricans in Mexico, but to say they were there in numbers? or that PRE-HISPANIC Mexico contained tons of African culture? Just take a look at our artwork, our look and you'll see ASIA all thru it . Back to what we were discussing though..........I just saw a video from TI and JEEZY and their style of tattoing is 100% chicano, how can you deny that? JEEZY entire look is chicano.....just go back 10 years and youll see that NO BROTHA, EVER EVER EVER got that style of tattoing or had that style that is so prevelant in rap. Oustside the Southwest we are a non-issue, but what we do here is hard knocking and trend setting. Even the rappers that are sporting typical black gear have the tattoos that are so symbolic of what LA chicanoism is! I can see and say that IMITATION is the the highest form of flattery , but to seriously get something so unique to my people> to were your people look identical to mine? The entire world sees Blacks on TV and thinks "DAM THATS COOL" , but in reality you gusy STOLE your look from us ! and thats why chicanos are up in arms and upset and calling your people haters cuz your people took shit that is ours without blinking and then turned around and said you invented it, LA blacks gave all blacks a look, they bootlegged from chicanos. You got mexican rappers like niteowl and SPM and Lucky Luciano , and although they may TRY to infuse their culture into their LYRICS no doubt the MELODY, SOUND and PERSONA of it are black-american. Just like what your people are doing but in a larger and bigger way. Cuz I have heard that their are mexicans saying they invented rap but does anyone even take them seriously?? NOW when your people get up on that stage and STEAL our ENTIRE look claims of ownership are dismissed outright cuz your people are on TV..........! But to the home and originator of it, the truth is known. Here we are arguing the origins of gang culture in LA , when your people number 500k here, and are the minority. Yet despite this nothing that resembles the style and look of LAs Crips and Bloods , in any other black city? ALTHOUGH your people number up to 40% of LOUISANA and 3 million plus blacks in the city of NYC? man isnt it obvious what happened and that your people TOOK , most of what they have from us? and via LAs blacks ---proxy mexicans, showed the entire black culture of LA something unique to US(chicanos).......just like homie spomino, and vanilla ice and that stupid mexican park LOOK phony , biters and fake thats how your LIL WAYNE AND JEEZY AND TUPAC AND EVERY other rapper looks to people who know waz up. Mexicans who grew up with our own look and style, and had nothing to do with blacks. Our gangs are pushing 100 years in this city. They are still here --today. I dont get you. PAY HOMAGE WHERE ITS DUE, OR QUIT stealing our shit, our look.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 24th, 2009, 11:13 am

perongregory wrote:I feel some of what your saying, and I def. hear the part about you keeping your people's culture alive through claiming it and speaking about it, I just feel some of the accolades you are claiming are taking from other cultures input, i'll speak more on it later...but check this video you can see two non-east los chicano gangs (Harpys, and toritlla flats) and see how being in mixed black cities/areas has influenced not only the black banger, but the chicano banger.

REGARDING THE VIDEO above , take the video YOU WOULDNT GET FAR ..........by the game and tell me the similarities of HIS LOOK and the CHICANOS above arent IDENTICAL and that the look he has isnt CHICANO at its core!!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 24th, 2009, 7:15 pm

Your right about the game, but the majority of most gangsters in the US have a hip hop style from NY with cultural nuances, that's the truth. And Mayuga you hurt ur arguement when you say fallacious shit like cali blacks took most of what they got from chicanos, BS.

And this is what blacks can't undestand everyone else is "taking" from you, taking a lot of your shit but you wanna get on us simply becuase we are niggas. It's weak shit if chicanos really cared why don't they go after that racial group who has the most power? Tupac doesn't look Mexican the only tatto he has that's similar to chicano tats are the masks, otherwise he doesn't look, speak, or dress like Mexicans. Lil Wayne is stupid biter of course, he looks like retarded. How much influence has Chicago and NY had on Cali, more than you think, but you only know the chicano perspective so you miss when you make statemnets like blacks get most of what they have from chicanos...How is that so when black culture and people have been influential in a lot of influential incidents during and after the Spanish conquest of Mexico?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 26th, 2009, 12:41 am

perongregory wrote:Your right about the game, but the majority of most gangsters in the US have a hip hop style from NY with cultural nuances, that's the truth. And Mayuga you hurt ur arguement when you say fallacious shit like cali blacks took most of what they got from chicanos, BS.

And this is what blacks can't undestand everyone else is "taking" from you, taking a lot of your shit but you wanna get on us simply becuase we are niggas. It's weak shit if chicanos really cared why don't they go after that racial group who has the most power? Tupac doesn't look Mexican the only tatto he has that's similar to chicano tats are the masks, otherwise he doesn't look, speak, or dress like Mexicans. Lil Wayne is stupid biter of course, he looks like retarded. How much influence has Chicago and NY had on Cali, more than you think, but you only know the chicano perspective so you miss when you make statemnets like blacks get most of what they have from chicanos...How is that so when black culture and people have been influential in a lot of influential incidents during and after the Spanish conquest of Mexico?

its not that niggas are our priority in making demands--of ownership to: its that blacks are popular as far as STREET and STYLE and we definetly are not! we arent blasteed on TV and showing up on every movie----its not even jealousy ---it just bothers the shit outta me when I see my entire peoples swagger on TV and dont hear a word about WHY and HOW the game got his look...........the Tattoes especially are so symbolic of what CHICANOISM is in Los Angeles, and that has been taken by every racial group around. Id venture to say that 90% of the patterns and style of AMERICAN tattong today are chicano influenced, be it the skulls -and demons taken from our AZTEC Culture and something no other group had to The block letters ,shots on the head and stomache and sleeves and caligraphy.Yet take ,take take and no words of gratitude! not even a representation of where it came from , instead now we have to actually try to get out there and say HEY" WE BEEN DOING THAT SHIT FOR 100 YEARS!!" or hey what the fuck ! we started that shit its part of our culture!!just as surely as BRAIDS AND DREADS are a part of yours! how would it bother you if hippy white boys started saying DREADS are a white thing ! something so symolic of your culture? something so important to your people? and actually having to defend and go into the history of MY PEOPLE to justify saying we started that GENERATIONS AGO and now since we arent really represented outside the SOUTHWEST , no one really even knows.THAT IS THIEVERY! its a theft of my culture and a bootlegging and wholesaling of it under a banner of AFRICAN -AMERICANISM. I have heard you repeatedly say that mexicans claiming rap bug you ---and Id get why----I mean seriously, having to argue with a mexican about whom started rap? what a waste of time!teh difference is people and the nation actually believes the games look or TUPACS style or SNOOPS , DREs , LIL WAYNE, and WEEZY <JEEZY, BONE, on and on and on are originators of their own unique tattoo designs ,patterns and style or that their look is authentic AFRICAN AMERICAN. When in reality its totally bit!! Yea we can fight the POWER, and go against our oppressors --but the saying that its not the "mountain ahead of you , its the pebble in your shoe " is of significance here. If you wanna get into it we are solely one of the only youth groups in this nation(chicanos) that are authentic, unique and trend setting. The rest are a bit off yours --or surf cats ! and preps, can you imagine being SAMOAN and saying that your a crip? yet still saying you down with other USOs??or being an asian and claiming blood ? yet saying your a proud PINOY or KHMER? or puerto rican and calling your fellow LATIN KINGS your niGGaz???? or being WHITE and claiming PIRU in WISCONSIN???lol!! so who are my people?we are a 100 year old authentic and legit force and for as long as I can remeber EVERYTHING we do is imitated. Alot more so then hwo we imitate yours, cuz I remeber in LA in the 90s when we were sporting 40' BEN DAVIS, or our taggers were wearing fat laces and shreded pants and sparay can shirts and blonde tipped highlighted --ponytails or old school addidas and pumas with chopped up dickies and backwards caps , and nose rings or DON JUAN beards and Mustaches, and BIKES with the boomboxes in the back and 213 caps for the taggers in LA and long belts, or beanies with the hood on them or getting the headshots and blasts on the stomache ........NO ONE ELSE especially blacks were doing this !! it wasnt till after we tried something that other people would and still do . Yet thru it all we didnt ever lose our identity and start calling EACHOTHER >my CUZ, or my BLOOD or MY NINJA!! or my DUDE, MY BRAW, !!

Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tre » August 26th, 2009, 3:21 am

Tre wrote:Mayuga talks about the Aztecs and Mayans as being a part of pre-hispanic culture. We’ll Mayans pictured themselves as both black and white on their pottery... just check out the black man with his spear and leopard skin to the far right...

Since black African populations are the oldest and modern humans first evolved and migrated out of Africa, when you see dark skinned people and light skinned people occupying similar latitudes with similar levels of solar UV radiation. The standard explanation is that the lighter skinned people are newcomers. Hence, natural selection has not had enough time to darken their skin.
Mayuga wrote:TRE - what exactly are you insinuating? We know that AFRICA is the birthplace of man, But to say that all men are descendants of what is now AFRICANS? Their are (3) primary racial groups , with all other races being a mixture of a combination of the 3. I would say that by a simple look at our genetics and even the look of my people without the SPANIARD mix , you can see clearly that we are descendants of the ASIATIC race. Just as surely as the NATIVE AMERICANS are identical to the peoples of MONGOLIA, we are descendants of southern migrating NATIVE AMERICANS and at the Southern Tip of SOUTH AMERICA, the latin people there are descendants of traveling and trading peoples of the Middle East and Asia. TRE in reality we are as far away as possible from AFRICANS --no doubt that there were AFricans in Mexico, but to say they were there in numbers? or that PRE-HISPANIC Mexico contained tons of African culture? Just take a look at our artwork, our look and you'll see ASIA all thru it ...
Those (3) primary racial groups you mentioned Mayuga only exist by name, by definition if you believe in different races that would make you a racist. What you are fostering is an outdated pseudo-science called ‘scientific racism’. Much of this science was debunked in the 1950-s. According to the Human Genome Project (REAL SCIENCE) from a genetic point of view... races don’t exist. So if you want to keep believing that Chicanos are far removed from Africans or that the Ancient Africans are far removed from the African of today… think again!
Black people are autochthonous peoples Mayuga meaning we have inhabited many geographic regions with which we have the earliest known historical connection, alongside immigrants which may have populated that region even if they are as you said greater in number.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 26th, 2009, 12:26 pm

mayugastank wrote:
perongregory wrote:Your right about the game, but the majority of most gangsters in the US have a hip hop style from NY with cultural nuances, that's the truth. And Mayuga you hurt ur arguement when you say fallacious shit like cali blacks took most of what they got from chicanos, BS.

its not that niggas are our priority in making demands--of ownership to: its that blacks are popular as far as STREET and STYLE and we definetly are not! we arent blasteed on TV and showing up on every movie----its not even jealousy ---it just bothers the shit outta me when I see my entire peoples swagger on TV and dont hear a word about WHY and HOW the game got his look...........the Tattoes especially are so symbolic of what CHICANOISM is in Los Angeles, and that has been taken by every racial group around. Id venture to say that 90% of the patterns and style of AMERICAN tattong today are chicano influenced, be it the skulls -and demons taken from our AZTEC Culture and something no other group had to The block letters ,shots on the head and stomache and sleeves and caligraphy.Yet take ,take take and no words of gratitude! not even a representation of where it came from , instead now we have to actually try to get out there and say HEY" WE BEEN DOING THAT SHIT FOR 100 YEARS!!" or hey what the fu-- ! we started that shit its part of our culture!!just as surely as BRAIDS AND DREADS are a part of yours! how would it bother you if hippy white boys started saying DREADS are a white thing ! something so symolic of your culture? something so important to your people? and actually having to defend and go into the history of MY PEOPLE to justify saying we started that GENERATIONS AGO and now since we arent really represented outside the SOUTHWEST , no one really even knows.THAT IS THIEVERY! its a theft of my culture and a bootlegging and wholesaling of it under a banner of AFRICAN -AMERICANISM. I have heard you repeatedly say that mexicans claiming rap bug you ---and Id get why----I mean seriously, having to argue with a mexican about whom started rap? what a waste of time!teh difference is people and the nation actually believes the games look or TUPACS style or SNOOPS , DREs , LIL WAYNE, and WEEZY <JEEZY, BONE, on and on and on are originators of their own unique tattoo designs ,patterns and style or that their look is authentic AFRICAN AMERICAN. When in reality its totally bit!! Yea we can fight the POWER, and go against our oppressors --but the saying that its not the "mountain ahead of you , its the pebble in your shoe " is of significance here. If you wanna get into it we are solely one of the only youth groups in this nation(chicanos) that are authentic, unique and trend setting. The rest are a bit off yours --or surf cats ! and preps, can you imagine being SAMOAN and saying that your a crip? yet still saying you down with other USOs??or being an asian and claiming blood ? yet saying your a proud PINOY or KHMER? or puerto rican and calling your fellow LATIN KINGS your niGGaz???? or being WHITE and claiming PIRU in WISCONSIN???lol!! so who are my people?we are a 100 year old authentic and legit force and for as long as I can remeber EVERYTHING we do is imitated. Alot more so then hwo we imitate yours, because I remeber in LA in the 90s when we were sporting 40' BEN DAVIS, or our taggers were wearing fat laces and shreded pants and sparay can shirts and blonde tipped highlighted --ponytails or old school addidas and pumas with chopped up dickies and backwards caps , and nose rings or DON JUAN beards and Mustaches, and BIKES with the boomboxes in the back and 213 caps for the taggers in LA and long belts, or beanies with the hood on them or getting the headshots and blasts on the stomache ........NO ONE ELSE especially blacks were doing this !! it wasnt till after we tried something that other people would and still do . Yet thru it all we didnt ever lose our identity and start calling EACHOTHER >my because, or my BLOOD or MY NINJA!! or my DUDE, MY BRAW, !!
And I understnd and agree with your reasons, but the chicano is mainly in the southwest that's why he and even you don't know too much about the other racial groups all over the country just like when I talk to these Dominicans and PRicans and they don't know shit but stereotypes about Mexicans or the west. And first of all blacks have been fighting for our culture for a long time, from Africa. to Latin America, and our culture here (America)... an instance is you claiming that Khemet (Egypt) is the work of Semites. But back to what I was saying: until Chianos not paisas get out of that parochial mind frame they won't really know enough about others to make cultural claims. All those unique taagger things you think Chicano taggers invented in LA ...most of it comes from NY ranging back 10 and 15 yrs before Chicano taggers were doing it. This is what Silencioso was talking about when he was saying things like any gang in the west with a 3 letter acronymn got it from NY tagging crews. Fat laces from NY graff scene, spray can shirts from NY graff scene, Procks were rockin the ponytail as well as other latins in the Ny graff scene, boomboxes on back of bikes or anywhere...come on man. This is common knowledge if you read and inform yourself. The world is bigger than East Los, its bigger than Los city, it's biger than Los COunty, its bigger than Cali, and it's bigger than the southwest. A Nyorker schooled the LA graff scene.

Should blacks get mad that thousands of chicanos take part in an art form (Hip hop graffiti) that blacks started? That's what I'm saying you talk bout gang culture and this and that, but the world is bigger and blacks and chicanos do more than gang bang, which leads to other sharing of cultures. You really need to read up on the zoot suiters, and black culture from the 70's 80's and 90's in the east and midwest before making certain claims.

And chicanos are getting out there noe in terms of the gang thing they love those cholos they portray. Instead of hating and trying to say we stole everything from Chicanos when Chicanos don't even know some of the shit they think they are doing came from blacks by proxy of blacks in other regions, yall need to be getting into Hollywood making that new hot music or something. With hip hop, blacks were able to somewhat hold onto a music form as well as other arts (fashion, grafitti, dance, etc.). Where's the Chicano movement?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 28th, 2009, 2:38 pm

perongregory wrote:
mayugastank wrote:

its not that niggas are our priority in making demands--of ownership to: its that blacks are popular as far as STREET and STYLE and we definetly are not! we arent blasteed on TV and showing up on every movie----its not even jealousy ---it just bothers the shit outta me when I see my entire peoples swagger on TV and dont hear a word about WHY and HOW the game got his look...........the Tattoes especially are so symbolic of what CHICANOISM is in Los Angeles, and that has been taken by every racial group around. Id venture to say that 90% of the patterns and style of AMERICAN tattong today are chicano influenced, be it the skulls -and demons taken from our AZTEC Culture and something no other group had to The block letters ,shots on the head and stomache and sleeves and caligraphy.Yet take ,take take and no words of gratitude! not even a representation of where it came from , instead now we have to actually try to get out there and say HEY" WE BEEN DOING THAT SHIT FOR 100 YEARS!!" or hey what the fu-- ! we started that shit its part of our culture!!just as surely as BRAIDS AND DREADS are a part of yours! how would it bother you if hippy white boys started saying DREADS are a white thing ! something so symolic of your culture? something so important to your people? and actually having to defend and go into the history of MY PEOPLE to justify saying we started that GENERATIONS AGO and now since we arent really represented outside the SOUTHWEST , no one really even knows.THAT IS THIEVERY! its a theft of my culture and a bootlegging and wholesaling of it under a banner of AFRICAN -AMERICANISM. I have heard you repeatedly say that mexicans claiming rap bug you ---and Id get why----I mean seriously, having to argue with a mexican about whom started rap? what a waste of time!teh difference is people and the nation actually believes the games look or TUPACS style or SNOOPS , DREs , LIL WAYNE, and WEEZY <JEEZY, BONE, on and on and on are originators of their own unique tattoo designs ,patterns and style or that their look is authentic AFRICAN AMERICAN. When in reality its totally bit!! Yea we can fight the POWER, and go against our oppressors --but the saying that its not the "mountain ahead of you , its the pebble in your shoe " is of significance here. If you wanna get into it we are solely one of the only youth groups in this nation(chicanos) that are authentic, unique and trend setting. The rest are a bit off yours --or surf cats ! and preps, can you imagine being SAMOAN and saying that your a crip? yet still saying you down with other USOs??or being an asian and claiming blood ? yet saying your a proud PINOY or KHMER? or puerto rican and calling your fellow LATIN KINGS your niGGaz???? or being WHITE and claiming PIRU in WISCONSIN???lol!! so who are my people?we are a 100 year old authentic and legit force and for as long as I can remeber EVERYTHING we do is imitated. Alot more so then hwo we imitate yours, because I remeber in LA in the 90s when we were sporting 40' BEN DAVIS, or our taggers were wearing fat laces and shreded pants and sparay can shirts and blonde tipped highlighted --ponytails or old school addidas and pumas with chopped up dickies and backwards caps , and nose rings or DON JUAN beards and Mustaches, and BIKES with the boomboxes in the back and 213 caps for the taggers in LA and long belts, or beanies with the hood on them or getting the headshots and blasts on the stomache ........NO ONE ELSE especially blacks were doing this !! it wasnt till after we tried something that other people would and still do . Yet thru it all we didnt ever lose our identity and start calling EACHOTHER >my because, or my BLOOD or MY NINJA!! or my DUDE, MY BRAW, !!
And I understnd and agree with your reasons, but the chicano is mainly in the southwest that's why he and even you don't know too much about the other racial groups all over the country just like when I talk to these Dominicans and PRicans and they don't know shit but stereotypes about Mexicans or the west. And first of all blacks have been fighting for our culture for a long time, from Africa. to Latin America, and our culture here (America)... an instance is you claiming that Khemet (Egypt) is the work of Semites. But back to what I was saying: until Chianos not paisas get out of that parochial mind frame they won't really know enough about others to make cultural claims. All those unique taagger things you think Chicano taggers invented in LA ...most of it comes from NY ranging back 10 and 15 yrs before Chicano taggers were doing it. This is what Silencioso was talking about when he was saying things like any gang in the west with a 3 letter acronymn got it from NY tagging crews. Fat laces from NY graff scene, spray can shirts from NY graff scene, Procks were rockin the ponytail as well as other latins in the Ny graff scene, boomboxes on back of bikes or anywhere...come on man. This is common knowledge if you read and inform yourself. The world is bigger than East Los, its bigger than Los city, it's biger than Los COunty, its bigger than Cali, and it's bigger than the southwest. A Nyorker schooled the LA graff scene.

Should blacks get mad that thousands of chicanos take part in an art form (Hip hop graffiti) that blacks started? That's what I'm saying you talk bout gang culture and this and that, but the world is bigger and blacks and chicanos do more than gang bang, which leads to other sharing of cultures. You really need to read up on the zoot suiters, and black culture from the 70's 80's and 90's in the east and midwest before making certain claims.

And chicanos are getting out there noe in terms of the gang thing they love those cholos they portray. Instead of hating and trying to say we stole everything from Chicanos when Chicanos don't even know some of the shit they think they are doing came from blacks by proxy of blacks in other regions, yall need to be getting into Hollywood making that new hot music or something. With hip hop, blacks were able to somewhat hold onto a music form as well as other arts (fashion, grafitti, dance, etc.). Where's the Chicano movement?

SO..........your saying that all the things i am saying hispanic taggers in LA did in the 90s......was copied from NYC blacks? so how come the spray can shirts and fat laces and addidas shelltops and multi coloroed hair and huge tagger crews weren't used by blacks in LA ---you guys had a few crews like KWS but nothing like we did.....thousand man tagging crews like OFA which i was a member of, and CBS and others.....where were you guys when LA tagging was going off? you guys didnt even have the tagger style....and definetly weren't wearing all teh shit i said above. BUt yet we got it from you guys ? man I am old enough to know thats a LIE!! we havent gotten anything that I can really think of from your people. YOU KNOW IT! now just like THE REAL I have to get into my first hand knowledge of what I have seen and know.........Are you going to deny that crews liek OFA and CBS, KOS -M2k werent teh biggest crews in all LA? and that they werent ENTIRELLY MEXICAN? Or that the BEst writers and BEST artists and most well known taggers werent MEXICAN?Or that black and mexican taggers dressed the same??lol!!! NO \WAY!! you guys werent even on the radar! From everything I heard NYC tagging crews were almost entirely PR. Yet once again we got it from blacks! what a joke! the sagging pants and dress shirts that went to your knees? or the braids and mini-fros did we dress like that? cuz thats how brothas were dressing out here .........you guys and us didnt do anything the same in the 90s. AT ALL!! I know every piece of graffiti that was worth anything came almost exclusively from latinos. ESPECIALLY around here -Id go as far as to say YOU GUYS werent even part of the graff scene.. PINOYS and KHMERS and even some WHITES had notorious bombers and well known artists --S2k a big well known tagging crew of pinoys and KFS a well known white boy/chicano crew but a accredited AFRO-AMERICAN crew??NAME IT!! you know Id tell you know shits a lil mixed up with our peoples dressing similiar and doing the same things but definetly not when i was growing up!........my people listened to techno---through major RAVE parties that ALL LOS ANGELES went to -----whites /asians and hispanics , but for whatever reason you guys werent into that scene. AND thats teh GODDAM truth! when Id hit VALLEY parties and go to SIMI and SAN FER to desert RAVEs every race was represented EXCEPT blacks. Major tagging crews in COMPTON a black city were ALL chicano, not a one was black. KCC -CCG, come on man!! And this is a BLACK CITY!! You know it! Got tagging came from you guys! R------ight!!! man we didnt even run into eachother at parties in those days! yet PINOYS and WHITES and everyone else showed up to the biggest raves at pkaces like LONG BEACHs Amphitheater and the QUEEN MARY break down. Where were you guys? I lived and breathed the tagging scene----and even to this day my whole life is revolved around it and the artistry I do and tattoo is derived from it ! You guys arent present at all --and I know every major TATTOO artist and SHOP in LA. Occasionally youll catch some sick white boys and Asians --but not in numbers like we got. You can go to any VARRIO and get tatted SICK. You guys dont have anything like that --- the most well known tattoists are Mexican in LA .....Many were taggers I knew personally growing up. Even the shops out in Huntington and Orange (white citys) that are owned by whites have a big percentage of Artists that are mexican. So since we got it from you guys were are you guys at?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 28th, 2009, 2:49 pm

Mayuga you're talking all kinda shit man, I said that hip hop grafitti was originally started by black folks just like b-boying was, doesn't matter if blacks stopped doing it in large or blacks in other regions didn't do it, all that matters is blacks made the shit, just like oldies, and you guys do it now. What's hard to understand surely you don't think that mexicans created hip hop grafitti you guys got into the shit 10-15 yrs after the shit popped up. Shelltops...like you didn't see blacks inNY wearing that shit in the late 70's 80's in NY. You don't know shit about the rest of the country I can see that w your shelltops comment.

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by jdm894g » August 28th, 2009, 9:59 pm

Mayuga,

As a former tagger let me chime in. Famous or predominate black tagging crews from the mid 80s to 90s: KWS(started at my old high school-Washington Prep by Texter and Reese), NTS(most of the og;s like flex, spiro were black), NBT, RTN(cre8's crew)...FSk in the south bay. SCA from the old school(scar, nitro, source) and CMA from the late 80s. oh yeah BAD, BFC(RIP CLEVER) had a lot of blacks in it. this was on the south part of LA. and there was another crew that was in the hyde park area as well....

The LA graff scene came from NYC and we put our own spin on it. Nothing was copied by black taggers from mexican taggers. Spray can art, subway art, beat street and breaking had a great influence on the entire graff world.

Im old skool man...i couldnt let this fly.

Yeah some of the uppest taggers were mexican i.e., TRIAX, CHAKA...but dont forget about MADone

most blacks started banging towards the end of the 80s and then most definitely in the 90s.

RAZEONE TAC FSK '87 TAG ALL CITY!!!!!!!!

the last black in TAC...oh yeah...shout out to INKone...RIP RAREONE...what up FLIER...where yat? ROM, LASER, ZERO, DESER...the good ole days

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » August 29th, 2009, 1:58 am

I was going to address that comment earlier by Mayuga but decided to let it go. anyway, I understand that Blacks are the face of that whole Hip-hop Graffiti ERA and not to take away from that but isn't it true that other ethnicities helped to shape that scene from the begin onward or at least influence it? like those gold chains and track suits wore by Italian/Mobsters. also, Blacks didn't sing all the Oldies but they did invent most of the music genres that people considered having Oldies or at least influenced other specific genres like Latin Soul that also sang Oldies.

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by jdm894g » August 29th, 2009, 3:32 pm

~J~ wrote:I was going to address that comment earlier by Mayuga but decided to let it go. anyway, I understand that Blacks are the face of that whole Hip-hop Graffiti ERA and not to take away from that but isn't it true that other ethnicities helped to shape that scene from the begin onward or at least influence it? like those gold chains and track suits wore by Italian/Mobsters. also, Blacks didn't sing all the Oldies but they did invent most of the music genres that people considered having Oldies or at least influenced other specific genres like Latin Soul that also sang Oldies.
graff is a multicultural world....all ethnicities have played apart in the own neighborhoods, cities, states and region. Life is bigger than so cal. NYC is the birth place of graff. No old skool graffitti artist from the 80s will deny beat street and breaking influencing them. Not East LA or So Cal or even Cali. We took from the east and made it our own.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 29th, 2009, 5:42 pm

Exactly, Mayuga has such a small scope of things, and believes the world is East Los...and doesn't take the time to research anything.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 29th, 2009, 5:45 pm

jdm894g wrote:Mayuga,

As a former tagger let me chime in. Famous or predominate black tagging crews from the mid 80s to 90s: KWS(started at my old high school-Washington Prep by Texter and Reese), NTS(most of the og;s like flex, spiro were black), NBT, RTN(cre8's crew)...FSk in the south bay. SCA from the old school(scar, nitro, source) and CMA from the late 80s. oh yeah BAD, BFC(RIP CLEVER) had a lot of blacks in it. this was on the south part of LA. and there was another crew that was in the hyde park area as well....

The LA graff scene came from NYC and we put our own spin on it. Nothing was copied by black taggers from mexican taggers. Spray can art, subway art, beat street and breaking had a great influence on the entire graff world.

Yeah some of the uppest taggers were mexican i.e., TRIAX, CHAKA...but dont forget about MADone

most blacks started banging towards the end of the 80s and then most definitely in the 90s.

the last black in TAC...oh yeah...shout out to INKone...RIP RAREONE...what up FLIER...where yat? ROM, LASER, ZERO, DESER...the good ole days

TEk OnE OFAKREW,true that black taggers were around ---but even by your admission --on TAC and other clicks they didnt even play a big part of the graff scene in LA ----period! I mentioned KWS and as far as I was concerned it was the ONLY REPUTABLE BLACK tagging crew -----what I said earlier was that blacks had nothing like OFA ---OR CBS ---WEC, whatevas Clever! City Bomb Squad, KOS<knocking out suckas> M2k MOb 2 Kill> and to tell you that when the shit was live the only blacks I knew who were Legitimate Taggers ---Cle from M2k ...DANNER from KOS , were acting and kicking it with mexican taggers! DANNER is now known as JAhAS from POWER 106. and if you look at him his whole get down from the babycuffed pants to the solid whte Tees and Tattoes are all LA MEXICAN. Tagging was BIG up until 93' in SOCAL at least for mexicans and by then blacks werent even around! The only reason our tagging crews arent as strong as they used to be is because we got put on blast by the SURENOS and made to drop or join ----just look at KWS mexican side now a click off the 18 STREET, or KOS getting chomped up by WHITE FENCE and in LOng BEach by the East Side LOngos. WEC most turned in to Dominguez 13 and KCC into Compton Varrio LArgo 36 . And when I was in it thick and would go to Unions .....Pinoys and Whites were around in some good numbers ---many from My old crew OFAk. But blacks ? nah man! They didnt even really show up on the radar and if you really a tagger you wouldve admitted it ----cuz the only blacks who were GRAFF out here were Blacks whose entire friend portfolio was LA chicanos!! even the fools that are well known black tattoo artist FOE from the show LA ink------used to be from KCC ---a mexican crew in Compton. And to say that we dressed like blacks in the 90s HELL NO!! not even close -----! NO BLACKS at all were wearing teh shit we did! and you know it ! no one denied TAGGING started in NYC --but for whatever reason blacks werent into that scene out here --and they were realitively few in numbers by 1990.On everything! They didnt really have a hand in LAs GRAFF scene and you must admit this.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 29th, 2009, 5:53 pm

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 29th, 2009, 6:05 pm

mayugastank wrote:

TEk OnE OFAKREW,true that black taggers were around ---but even by your admission --on TAC and other clicks they didnt even play a big part of the graff scene in LA ----period! I mentioned KWS and as far as I was concerned it was the ONLY REPUTABLE BLACK tagging crew -----what I said earlier was that blacks had nothing like OFA ---OR CBS ---WEC, whatevas Clever! City Bomb Squad, KOS<knocking out suckas> M2k MOb 2 Kill> and to tell you that when the shit was live the only blacks I knew who were Legitimate Taggers ---Cle from M2k ...DANNER from KOS , were acting and kicking it with mexican taggers! DANNER is now known as JAhAS from POWER 106. and if you look at him his whole get down from the babycuffed pants to the solid whte Tees and Tattoes are all LA MEXICAN. Tagging was BIG up until 93' in SOCAL at least for mexicans and by then blacks werent even around! The only reason our tagging crews arent as strong as they used to be is because we got put on blast by the SURENOS and made to drop or join ----just look at KWS mexican side now a click off the 18 STREET, or KOS getting chomped up by WHITE FENCE and in LOng BEach by the East Side LOngos. WEC most turned in to Dominguez 13 and KCC into Compton Varrio LArgo 36 . And when I was in it thick and would go to Unions .....Pinoys and Whites were around in some good numbers ---many from My old crew OFAk. But blacks ? nah man! They didnt even really show up on the radar and if you really a tagger you wouldve admitted it ----because the only blacks who were GRAFF out here were Blacks whose entire friend portfolio was LA chicanos!! even the fools that are well known black tattoo artist FOE from the show LA ink------used to be from KCC ---a mexican crew in Compton. And to say that we dressed like blacks in the 90s HELL NO!! not even close -----! NO BLACKS at all were wearing teh shit we did! and you know it ! no one denied TAGGING started in NYC --but for whatever reason blacks werent into that scene out here --and they were realitively few in numbers by 1990.On everything! They didnt really have a hand in LAs GRAFF scene and you must admit this.

BIGGEST tagging crews in LA ................CBS,OFA,kWS,WEC, M2k, KOS, KCC, ATC.........except for Kws ALL were almost predominantly mexican! And even KWS had a mexican side that turned into krazy wicked surenos.

Most well known taggers of the 90s..........CHAKA(mexican) OILER(white boy who acted mexican) Foek(mexican) DAX-MESIK-BEEWARE-(all mexican) JAH-SIMPLE-(2 pinoys who to this day live and breathe and breed with mexicans!) they both work and started $outh BAy INk the most well respected tattoo shop in the harbor area. RNSK......SNR , 2 well known pinoy crews I left out earlier. OLE a well known Long Beach tagger. Also a designer for ECHO unlimited. STYMIE a well known compton KCC member is part owner of ZOO YORK. So the black taggers man were you at ?? cuz by 1990 you guys werent even around except for the Kws which I gave props to earlier.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 29th, 2009, 6:10 pm

How does that change fact that blacks started the movement on the east coast, and mexicans got into it 10 yrs later, and put their twist on it? Your saying give mexicans their prps, but you tryna take all of our props and say mexicans started hip hop grafitti.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 29th, 2009, 6:21 pm

mayugastank wrote:
mayugastank wrote:

TEk OnE OFAKREW,true that black taggers were around ---but even by your admission --on TAC and other clicks they didnt even play a big part of the graff scene in LA ----period! I mentioned KWS and as far as I was concerned it was the ONLY REPUTABLE BLACK tagging crew -----what I said earlier was that blacks had nothing like OFA ---OR CBS ---WEC, whatevas Clever! City Bomb Squad, KOS<knocking out suckas> M2k MOb 2 Kill> and to tell you that when the shit was live the only blacks I knew who were Legitimate Taggers ---Cle from M2k ...DANNER from KOS , were acting and kicking it with mexican taggers! DANNER is now known as JAhAS from POWER 106. and if you look at him his whole get down from the babycuffed pants to the solid whte Tees and Tattoes are all LA MEXICAN. Tagging was BIG up until 93' in SOCAL at least for mexicans and by then blacks werent even around! The only reason our tagging crews arent as strong as they used to be is because we got put on blast by the SURENOS and made to drop or join ----just look at KWS mexican side now a click off the 18 STREET, or KOS getting chomped up by WHITE FENCE and in LOng BEach by the East Side LOngos. WEC most turned in to Dominguez 13 and KCC into Compton Varrio LArgo 36 . And when I was in it thick and would go to Unions .....Pinoys and Whites were around in some good numbers ---many from My old crew OFAk. But blacks ? nah man! They didnt even really show up on the radar and if you really a tagger you wouldve admitted it ----because the only blacks who were GRAFF out here were Blacks whose entire friend portfolio was LA chicanos!! even the fools that are well known black tattoo artist FOE from the show LA ink------used to be from KCC ---a mexican crew in Compton. And to say that we dressed like blacks in the 90s HELL NO!! not even close -----! NO BLACKS at all were wearing teh shit we did! and you know it ! no one denied TAGGING started in NYC --but for whatever reason blacks werent into that scene out here --and they were realitively few in numbers by 1990.On everything! They didnt really have a hand in LAs GRAFF scene and you must admit this.

BIGGEST tagging crews in LA ................CBS,OFA,kWS,WEC, M2k, KOS, KCC, ATC.........except for Kws ALL were almost predominantly mexican! And even KWS had a mexican side that turned into krazy wicked surenos.

Most well known taggers of the 90s..........CHAKA(mexican) OILER(white boy who acted mexican) Foek(mexican) DAX-MESIK-BEEWARE-(all mexican) JAH-SIMPLE-(2 pinoys who to this day live and breathe and breed with mexicans!) they both work and started $outh BAy INk the most well respected tattoo shop in the harbor area. RNSK......SNR , 2 well known pinoy crews I left out earlier. OLE a well known Long Beach tagger. Also a designer for ECHO unlimited. STYMIE a well known compton KCC member is part owner of ZOO YORK. So the black taggers man were you at ?? because by 1990 you guys werent even around except for the Kws which I gave props to earlier.

ANYWAYS my point in all this shit is to refute the BS lies being progated on here that mexicans copied blacks----in anything!! you guys got your own things and we got our own ---and normally our shit is totally different. OUr clothing , parties,language and gangs. Thing is it chaps me, when I hear some BS like ZOOTSUIT is black culture and chicano culture started with zootsuits therefore chicano culture is black imitation culture cuz thats crap! We got some 60 years on LAs most reputable black gangs(Bs and Cs) and if you wanna get down to it even in shit that we both did (GRAFF) we were 100% different -----in style and piece making and and clothing and you have to admit it. Not even similiar at all --unlike cholos and crips and bloods who dress different but still dress kinda the same(who copied whom there>?)answer........who came first? ..........but in the GRAFF scene we didnt even hold a minute similarity in clothing because DUDE! you guys were not wearing ANYTHING like we were! the black taggers I knew of wore tighter pants and braids and shirts down to their knees, the mexicans wore size 40 or plus jeans slashed at the bottom and just about every race dressed with the humongous pants except for blacks in the 90s.The tagger shirts? NO blacks ever touched em'.! The beaded rosarys with spray can tips ? never seen it on a brotha! .............but now all of a sudden we trying to reinvent the past and portray us LA chicanos as some NYC puerto ricans who do anything and everything that blacks do. But touching down on history will show you we got some 100 years in the underground culture, and some 40 years on the zootsuit period, that blacks portray as the begining of the chicano movement.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 29th, 2009, 10:57 pm

perongregory wrote:How does that change fact that blacks started the movement on the east coast, and mexicans got into it 10 yrs later, and put their twist on it? Your saying give mexicans their prps, but you tryna take all of our props and say mexicans started hip hop grafitti.

See your statement above is what I am getting at ! we got 100 year history of GANGS out here in LOS ~ so since LA brothas do it different then blacks in other citys ---why doesnt your theory hold true for blacks in this county? Bs and Cs coming some 50+ YEARS after well known and well established chicano gangs! and how so that ONLY in LA does dickies and flannels and white ts, getting creased back and staying simple. Two tone charlie browns and chucks REPRESENT the uniform of LAs African American community.? when in NYC the style was all JUICE and TUPAC and shit like the movie? but since we copied you NOW you didnt copy us ? EVEN though we got the oldest longest living gangs in the nation. And as far as I know the style has pretty much stayed the same/were else in the STATES does tattoing en masse happen---like LA mexicans and Chicanos in other states do? NOwhere! or the designs so unique to us being copied and shot out to every race! its like taking the tribal designs of the people of NEW ZEALAND( the first well known tatted people) and then saying it yours ---pissing me the fuck off! now every time I turn the tube on I see the shit blasted all over --and LEGIT you know dam well fools 10 years back werent getting tatted like that ! this new tattoo culture just started about some 10 years ago cuz even in the 90s when I was growing up the only people tatted were 1) ex convict white boys ---who have a real similiar history with LAs chicanos 2) CHICANOS. The predominate designs used throughout the ENTIRE USA are 100% california originated and almost entirely chicano themed. And believe me that is something really unique to my culture --just like the braids are to yours. And our flavor man been so bootlegged to where now my people are getting all mixed up and not even knowing if WE OWN anything at all cuz you fools trying to gank our entire culture.Fuck a South PArk Mexican and some Goofy ass NITEOWL --LIl ROB and whoever the fcuk bean eating FRonting ass mexican rapper I hate those MOFOs. But that aint representative of my people and we aint stealing your entire LIFE and saying its ours cuz some GOOFY ass FUck tamale slanging MEXICAN rapper says some BS that we started RAP -cuz everyone knows this fuck is a retard.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 29th, 2009, 11:09 pm

mayugastank wrote:
perongregory wrote:How does that change fact that blacks started the movement on the east coast, and mexicans got into it 10 yrs later, and put their twist on it? Your saying give mexicans their prps, but you tryna take all of our props and say mexicans started hip hop grafitti.

See your statement above is what I am getting at ! we got 100 year history of GANGS out here in LOS ~ so since LA brothas do it different then blacks in other citys ---why doesnt your theory hold true for blacks in this county? Bs and Cs coming some 50+ YEARS after well known and well established chicano gangs! and how so that ONLY in LA does dickies and flannels and white ts, getting creased back and staying simple. Two tone charlie browns and chucks REPRESENT the uniform of LAs African American community.? when in NYC the style was all JUICE and TUPAC and shit like the movie? but since we copied you NOW you didnt copy us ? EVEN though we got the oldest longest living gangs in the nation. And as far as I know the style has pretty much stayed the same/were else in the STATES does tattoing en masse happen---like LA mexicans and Chicanos in other states do? NOwhere! or the designs so unique to us being copied and shot out to every race! its like taking the tribal designs of the people of NEW ZEALAND( the first well known tatted people) and then saying it yours ---pissing me the fu-- off! now every time I turn the tube on I see the shit blasted all over --and LEGIT you know dam well fools 10 years back werent getting tatted like that ! this new tattoo culture just started about some 10 years ago because even in the 90s when I was growing up the only people tatted were 1) ex convict white boys ---who have a real similiar history with LAs chicanos 2) CHICANOS. The predominate designs used throughout the ENTIRE USA are 100% california originated and almost entirely chicano themed. And believe me that is something really unique to my culture --just like the braids are to yours. And our flavor man been so bootlegged to where now my people are getting all mixed up and not even knowing if WE OWN anything at all because you fools trying to gank our entire culture.fu-- a South PArk Mexican and some Goofy ass NITEOWL --LIl ROB and whoever the fcuk bean eating FRonting ass mexican rapper I hate those MOFOs. But that aint representative of my people and we aint stealing your entire LIFE and saying its ours because some GOOFY ass fu-- tamale slanging MEXICAN rapper says some BS that we started RAP -because everyone knows this fu-- is a retard.

And to make it EVEN clearer a mexican who RAPS isnt a mexican! and just look and listen to the sound of that SQUEAKY ass GAY ass mixing the oldies and RAPPING sound those GOofy Fucks have ---I hate those MOFOs I wish I could jsut fry those fools!SPM and HIGH POWER AND GAY ASS LIL ROB AND LIL BEANER TRYing to sound like some Black dude saying NIGGA this and that and talking shit Id like to just chop they asses up and feed them to some buzzard babies and then kill those buzzards and burn them up cuz everytime I hear that Mexican Rap I wanna throw the fuck up in embarrassment for my people who in all honesty I dont understand cant see how fucking stupid they look. But in reverse your people look just as stupid when LIl wayne getting hit up on the face with the same god dam designs my people been using for a century.ANd that GAME trying to take our look and shit talking like he owns it- and ------please to my mexican peoples get out that rap game if we gonna be unique like we always have we cant be doing that shit --and if we are going to be doing it give it some sick style like the PUERTO RICANS did to raggeaton a copy of rap but they made it sound good unique and original to their culture. ANd once again if LIL ROB or CHUNKY bean Dip or MC FLour tortilla read this shit STOP Fucking around !! you embarass the fuck outta me and I cant believe ANY of my people even like that disgutsing sounding shit talking stooid ass BS you guys talking about ----I need to get off here cuz I am about to throw up in my mouth .......

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » August 29th, 2009, 11:42 pm

jdm894g wrote: graff is a multicultural world....all ethnicities have played apart in the own neighborhoods, cities, states and region. Life is bigger than so cal. NYC is the birth place of graff. No old skool graffitti artist from the 80s will deny beat street and breaking influencing them. Not East LA or So Cal or even Cali. We took from the east and made it our own.
I understand that but I was really referring to the East coast and the beginnings, but I understand Philadelphia was the birthplace of Hip hop style graffiti although it flourished in NYC and more specifically in the South Bronx.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 30th, 2009, 12:05 am

Mayuga you're trippin dog,Mexicans grew up on rap like everybody else, if they wanna rap so be it.

I can't say anything about some goofy ass rappers man, lil wayne is a drug addict, and Game is confused, I mean what the fuck.

And Mexicans know their culture, what are you saying. My main point is since the shit is american culture all of the shit is bastardize and flps on other American culture, with an ethnic twist. How can we say a Mexican AMERICAN, or an African AMERICAN (emphasis on the american part) just got all they shit from their respective home cultures? It's American as well as black and mexican culture so it borrows from other shit, mainly white culture.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » August 30th, 2009, 12:11 am

Mayuga your comments are becoming redundant, you made some good points then you fu-- it all up with your rants, mixed-up and biased views. you can't be talking about "my people" then dropping insults, same for Puerto Ricans, and by the way, they didn't invent reggaeton it was the Panamanians. obviously you got a bone to pick with Blacks and all this your doing comes off as a smoke screen, come on I know you can do better.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Jo

Unread post by Jupebox » August 30th, 2009, 12:12 am

Phlly thats new to me huh,I know the first Tagger was "Taki 183" or 181 fr the Bronxs 1970's....The way I look at the whole Black vs Mexican influnce is this...........WHO GIVES A MAD FUCK?Brothas haved used ESE shit words such as "Loc"(Loco) gangsta style writting some gang terms and Nicknames "Dreamer Sleepy ect..and ESE haved use shit from Brothas Muisc all forms of our muisc and the blood line to the Chola smooth and cool style Oldies!!Shit the group WAR dident have no Mexicans in the group back in the days just brothas and I believe one White boy that played the harmonica but they style have a Ese style twist to it listen to Lowridah or better yet Cinco de mayo....so fucken what If both side took a little this and that from each other.Yall sound like Jcatz....

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 30th, 2009, 12:21 am

Right on jupebox and J, and cornbread from philly was the first fool to influence the graff scene out east.

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » August 30th, 2009, 1:21 am

Jupebox wrote:Phlly thats new to me huh,I know the first Tagger was "Taki 183" or 181 fr the Bronxs 1970's....The way I look at the whole Black vs Mexican influnce is this...........WHO GIVES A MAD fu--?Brothas haved used ESE shit words such as "Loc"(Loco) gangsta style writting some gang terms and Nicknames "Dreamer Sleepy ect..and ESE haved use shit from Brothas Muisc all forms of our muisc and the blood line to the Chola smooth and cool style Oldies!!Shit the group WAR dident have no Mexicans in the group back in the days just brothas and I believe one White boy that played the harmonica but they style have a Ese style twist to it listen to Lowridah or better yet Cinco de mayo....so #%@&$% what If both side took a little this and that from each other.Yall sound like Jcatz....
I ment to say "Cholo" instead of Chola my bad...

Jupebox
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Jupebox » August 30th, 2009, 1:35 am

Its a trip how B n M cant get along in SO.CAL look at history Mexican at one time had our backs......just look at the start of the American/Mexico war in the 1800's one reason was do to the fact that white southers were moving into Teaxs which was a part of Mexico at the time and w/ the white southers they brought their slaves,Mexico wasnt going for the whole slave thing and felt the Blacks should be free once they set foot in Mexico,along w/ other poltics that what helped kicked the Almo battle of....B n M are fighting the wrong folks!!!!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 30th, 2009, 5:17 pm

~J~ wrote:Mayuga your comments are becoming redundant, you made some good points then you fu-- it all up with your rants, mixed-up and biased views. you can't be talking about "my people" then dropping insults, same for Puerto Ricans, and by the way, they didn't invent reggaeton it was the Panamanians. obviously you got a bone to pick with Blacks and all this your doing comes off as a smoke screen, come on I know you can do better.

I do have a bone to pick and its been clear and obvious you make it sound like i been hiding it!!When I denegrade my people for tipping their hat to rap its because it obvious and sounds grotesque ---and that is the absolute truth! My culture is unique --when I drop insults its because its true ---consider my point on Asian bloods and crips and how they claim ASIAN BOYZ yet they also claim CRIP (something uniquely African -American) can you possible be proud of your race while embracing something so unique to another culture and saying --that although your a replica you can still be a crip and be proud to be asian? ABSOLUTELY NOT!! just picture throwing your life away for that!!Now although these different ethnicities put their own twist on what we created it doesnt take away from US creating it.The underground scene so unique to us ----has been jacked and repackaged and then we were thrown out the mix like dishwater, not a look back in stealing our culture. The USA is a huge place with EAST LOS being just a dot on the map --but when you look at how much of our culture has been replicated its astounding, yet to someone outside of California and outside the southwest WE arent even known. Taking things that are inherently ours like the designs of just about ALL tattoing in the USA and now the world is an afront to my peoples especially when people I have seen think that the blasts on the stomache and the games look are african american. The thing is they are all for it --they roll around saying and thinking it is theirs. I took a trip to a Tattoo convention in Seattle, Wa and saw it firsthand when the tattoos we inspired and invented were sported by whites and blacks hundreds of miles away from its origins.The chicano community non existant in that place yet the cut -off dickies and gold Ts and caligraphic chains in fancy handwritting were sported by just about all of them in one way or another. They didnt even have a clue were it came from. I actually saw blacks with tattoos of lowriders and the gang shot outs we made popular with neck shots and old english on the stomache.Instead of knowing their origins they wanted what TUPAC had. Blacks always claim to have their culture stolen from ELVISs style and moves to the entire ROCK n ROLL culture of the USA. Yet they did exactly as such to us and boned picked what they liked from my people. Their is a saying that a gang under 50 years old is a FAD in East Los. Cuz we have that history. Oh yea we sag our dickies, or oh the letters are a lil differnt from what you guys get ---or both our major gangs just happened to where the same colors and we didnt copy shit(rolls EYES>>) so I guess in that sense if I get my hair braided to one side or if I rap in spanish it would make rap and braids MY CULTURE?? come one !! When I talk about Puerto Ricans it is a legitimate argument---they are so bootlegged off black culture taht in reality they dont even have their own . Yet somehow they still claim a uniqueness??psst! lol.I just couldnt imagine inhaling the flavor of another culture on a level that goes from ADULTHOOD to YOUTH----cuz we can talk and say that ASIANS claiming BLOODs is a YOUTHFUL FOLLY considering that the elder ASIANs still retain their culture.But an entire nation losing its identity to another? Phew!! Cosnidering the history of Chicanos here we would be considered one of Americas only native people alongside blacks 400 year history here and Whites colonization of the continent. arabs ,vietnamese,cambodians,hindus,gypsys, and every other race in America are still fairly new arrivals to this homeland and thats why you see such confusion amongst their children embracing HIP -HOP or AMERICANISM, BECAUSE>>>>tehy dont have something UNIQUE to their homelands and still AMERICAN. WE DO. The thing about that is that the DOMINANT and most pronounced cultures in America are Black and White. Blacks lay claim to everything UNDERGROUND and whites to the establishment. I am hear to dispel that argument and actually get in peoples faces a lil and point out that the style of a vast some of African Americans IS entirely chicano themed. That alongside blacks ---not THRU --them we have contributed about half of what is popular American culture ---the clothing and style and tattoing Are OURs! Let them lay claim to their music-it is the truth and it is theirs.but to paint us as some new arrivals when history shows us to be the originators of Modern Gang culture---yet here we are actually not even making a stink about what has been taken from us but we gotta listen to them talk about the 4 popular rappers mexicans have and be reminded its a black thing?! I mean WAZ UP ?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 30th, 2009, 5:32 pm

perongregory wrote:Mayuga you're trippin dog,Mexicans grew up on rap like everybody else, if they wanna rap so be it.

I can't say anything about some goofy ass rappers man, lil wayne is a drug addict, and Game is confused, I mean what the fu--.

And Mexicans know their culture, what are you saying. My main point is since the shit is american culture all of the shit is bastardize and flps on other American culture, with an ethnic twist. How can we say a Mexican AMERICAN, or an African AMERICAN (emphasis on the american part) just got all they shit from their respective home cultures? It's American as well as black and mexican culture so it borrows from other shit, mainly white culture.

So perongregory were would mexicans be in America to you? Cuz in reality we number about half of your peoples total for every 2 blacks their is one mexican. And outside teh Southwest we are a non entity.YET we arent the recent ethnic arrivals such as the VIETS, CAMBOS, PINOYS, USOs, ARABS, HINDUSTANS, SOMALIs, etc etc......In my book WE CHICANOS are the only culture here in AmERICA --holding a uniqueness on a large scale. Native Americans are completely gone.In 20 years they may not even exist. -Cubans -dominicans-puerto ricans and most latinos out east are embracing black culture or the white one(cuban whtes) since most of those latinos inherently either were black to begin with or had enough blacks in their midst to be basically spanish speaking BROTHAS. We are definetly not doing that.Yet any trip outside the SOuthwest is like visting MARS for a chicano. We arent their or our numbers are inflated by cowboy hat wearing paisas, who hold as much similiarity to me as a MARTIAN.But like the last post I wrote OUR hands are all thru the nation, yet it isnt even recognized --if we put a royalty on every thing being bootlegged from us we'd be the richest people here. One white boy I saw had FAITH in old ENGLISH tatted across his stomache and the caligraphic chains we started across his neckline when I made the comment that that was a mexican theme he said he had got the idea from WEEZY. Now what the Fuck!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 30th, 2009, 5:33 pm

Your too much mayuga.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » August 30th, 2009, 5:41 pm

Jupebox wrote:Its a trip how B n M cant get along in SO.CAL look at history Mexican at one time had our backs......just look at the start of the American/Mexico war in the 1800's one reason was do to the fact that white southers were moving into Teaxs which was a part of Mexico at the time and w/ the white southers they brought their slaves,Mexico wasnt going for the whole slave thing and felt the Blacks should be free once they set foot in Mexico,along w/ other poltics that what helped kicked the Almo battle of....B n M are fighting the wrong folks!!!!

We both recognize that but that is a larger battle ---sad to say alot of my people dont even realize its a fight. The history your people have had here makes them a alot more aware -of who is holding them back. I kinda see it in the heads up I get from brothas when they see my style and recognize that although I look white my getdown is latino , that simple lil head nod they shoot me says alot. I GET ALL THIS FROM THAT WAZ UP" how you doing young mexican? I understand your probably dealing with these racist white boys all the time....keep your head up ' ! " Me and my people been dealing with it for hundreds of years. " it took me along time to realize what brothas were doing when they shot me that WAZ UP with you nod.But thats for another discussion,and if theres animosity when a brother sees a mexican rapping or sporting their style it doesnt mean alot in the end. Cuz as far as I can tell I am the only one making a stink about the issues I been bringing up --and the only reason I have shot all the knowledge I have on here is because of teh exclusion blacks have been directing our way --and labeling us imitators--Even though we got some 60 years on it over your people.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 30th, 2009, 5:48 pm

What exclusion on the "brothas" part, blacks always shout out eses in west coast raps, when I hear Mexicans rap I hear some "the mayates" shit. Blacks in SoCal do acknowledge mexicans a lot more than u think, but our world doesn't revovle around that, we're competing with blacks from the east, mid-west the bay, south and east.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » August 30th, 2009, 6:00 pm

mayugastank wrote:
perongregory wrote:Mayuga you're trippin dog,Mexicans grew up on rap like everybody else, if they wanna rap so be it.

I can't say anything about some goofy ass rappers man, lil wayne is a drug addict, and Game is confused, I mean what the fu--.

So perongregory were would mexicans be in America to you? because in reality we number about half of your peoples total for every 2 blacks their is one mexican. And outside teh Southwest we are a non entity.YET we arent the recent ethnic arrivals such as the VIETS, CAMBOS, PINOYS, USOs, ARABS, HINDUSTANS, SOMALIs, etc etc......In my book WE CHICANOS are the only culture here in AmERICA --holding a uniqueness on a large scale. Native Americans are completely gone.In 20 years they may not even exist. -Cubans -dominicans-puerto ricans and most latinos out east are embracing black culture or the white one(cuban whtes) since most of those latinos inherently either were black to begin with or had enough blacks in their midst to be basically spanish speaking BROTHAS. We are definetly not doing that.Yet any trip outside the SOuthwest is like visting MARS for a chicano. We arent their or our numbers are inflated by cowboy hat wearing paisas, who hold as much similiarity to me as a MARTIAN.But like the last post I wrote OUR hands are all thru the nation, yet it isnt even recognized --if we put a royalty on every thing being bootlegged from us we'd be the richest people here. One white boy I saw had FAITH in old ENGLISH tatted across his stomache and the caligraphic chains we started across his neckline when I made the comment that that was a mexican theme he said he had got the idea from WEEZY. Now what the fu--!
Mexicans would be either the dominant or one of the most dominant cultural beacons of the southwest. There's no doubt about that, you run into problems when you dip into hyperbole like "blacks took most of what they have from Mexicans".