Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

Unread post by perongregory » October 22nd, 2009, 5:48 pm

Silencioso wrote:Oh so graffiti is a black thing? YEA!! name one black crew out here in the west coast with any respect or that was well known!ONE outside of KWS, their isnt any at all!From what I heard Puerto Ricans kicked it off on the East Coast --and it would make sense considering that blacks werent even into that outside of anywere in NYC. Definetly not --in LA for God dam sure. Asians outside of Mexicans were the only Taggers in the LA area, in any numbers...

I was part of the original tagging scene in L.A. It was brought to L.A. by two sources: black people via Hip Hop and white people via the underground art scene. All those movies like Wild Style and Beat Street had a lot to do with it also. I remember seeing plenty of kids of all races doing it. Asians are second biggest writers after Mexicans in L.A.? Be serious! It's obviously white boys after Mexicans. Anytime there's a big graffiti art show it's always a bunch of Chicanos and whites and a few blacks and Asians.

There's some dispute about who started NY/hip hop style graffitti. Some say it was a white kid named Taki, some say it was Philly graffiti writers like Cornbread. Blacks, whites and Puerto Ricans all contributed to it's developement. Tagging has always been a fairly mixed, egalitarian scene.

Hit the nail on the head, straight up.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » October 22nd, 2009, 5:52 pm

mayugastank wrote:
pistolslanga wrote:personally i think in the graff scene ese's in cali have always more than less dominated it, from south cali to north cali....thats just my opinion tho...

Perongregory, I was from the Biggest crew in AMERICA, OFA k , we were predominantly a chicano crew, and alot of homies didnt even write. At one point we were about 4000 deep from LB to SGV to the NORTH . The homies were teh ANTIGANG of the 90s we dressed crazy, red -green , fliped up caps shredded pants, tattooed spray cans on us, and NO ONE had our style NO ONE dressed like US and we WERE the most popular thing in ALL Los Angeles for teh simple fact that we were always throwing the best parties on a large scale,see FOX UNDRCOVER, raves. The majority of the scene during the mid 80s to 95 was all us. We were non violent and kinda just wanted to get wasted and kick it . Thru this time we rented teh LONG BEACHS amphitheater and queen mary bash of 91-93, andI can honestly say taggers from all over LA knew OFA, everyone wanted to be us. Blacks werent really there , perongregory and I aint lying! The KWS were a black crew with respect , but they started getting into SYC and other crip hoods early in the game. And they dressed black. Asian predominantly filipinos, were heavy in the mix SNR, RNSK, STS< STK , big crews of pinoys from Carson Cerritos, LONG BEACH , but blacks???nah man! I aint even fronting ! were just not present. Homeboy above said whites were deep --yea they were aroud, but most dressed like mexicans and acted jsut like us --the group SUBLIME -one of AMericans most famous Alternative groups --were members of KFS, a crew heavily chicano. Look at their getdown, and youll see WHITE-MEXICAN in their lyrics and tattoo style.

Did you mean to quote pistolslanga? No one said that Mexicans didn't dominate the hip hop graff scene in the west, but they didn't create it, blacks did on the east. And we did more than music and dance, way more, just like the precursor to your modern day cholo was heavily influenced by the east coast black gangster. That's on yall to neatly say well whites do politics, and Asians do technology, and Mexicans art, and blacks music....nah, you got all kind of people doin all kind of shit influencing alot of people.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » October 22nd, 2009, 5:52 pm

mayugastank wrote:
pistolslanga wrote:personally i think in the graff scene ese's in cali have always more than less dominated it, from south cali to north cali....thats just my opinion tho...

Perongregory, I was from the Biggest crew in AMERICA, OFA k , we were predominantly a chicano crew, and alot of homies didnt even write. At one point we were about 4000 deep from LB to SGV to the NORTH . The homies were teh ANTIGANG of the 90s we dressed crazy, red -green , fliped up caps shredded pants, tattooed spray cans on us, and NO ONE had our style NO ONE dressed like US and we WERE the most popular thing in ALL Los Angeles for teh simple fact that we were always throwing the best parties on a large scale,see FOX UNDRCOVER, raves. The majority of the scene during the mid 80s to 95 was all us. We were non violent and kinda just wanted to get wasted and kick it . Thru this time we rented teh LONG BEACHS amphitheater and queen mary bash of 91-93, andI can honestly say taggers from all over LA knew OFA, everyone wanted to be us. Blacks werent really there , perongregory and I aint lying! The KWS were a black crew with respect , but they started getting into SYC and other crip hoods early in the game. And they dressed black. Asian predominantly filipinos, were heavy in the mix SNR, RNSK, STS< STK , big crews of pinoys from Carson Cerritos, LONG BEACH , but blacks???nah man! I aint even fronting ! were just not present. Homeboy above said whites were deep --yea they were aroud, but most dressed like mexicans and acted jsut like us --the group SUBLIME -one of AMericans most famous Alternative groups --were members of KFS, a crew heavily chicano. Look at their getdown, and youll see WHITE-MEXICAN in their lyrics and tattoo style.

Did you mean to quote pistolslanga? No one said that Mexicans didn't dominate the hip hop graff scene in the west, but they didn't create it, blacks did on the east. And we did more than music and dance, way more, just like the precursor to your modern day cholo was heavily influenced by the east coast black gangster. That's on yall to neatly say well whites do politics, and Asians do technology, and Mexicans art, and blacks music....nah, you got all kind of people doin all kind of shit influencing alot of people.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » October 24th, 2009, 1:44 pm

perongregory wrote:
mayugastank wrote:

The argument can be made that their were black gangs before the crips and bloods in LA. However, were these crews gangs or simply hang out boys? Essentially , my argument states that the unique style of LAs underground is ALL chicano ALL day. It seems unfathomable that citys like Detroit, ChicAGO, Nyc, The south dont have anything similiar to crips and bloods, that gangs like Black P Stones, BGD, Folks came up as quickly as they faded out. Although still around , to some extent they are fractured incohessive and ,essentialy dozens of lesser gangs coming from the original gang. Texas for example has no long standing chicano gang, predonminately and historically chicano citys like El Paso, San Antonio..etc etc, have a history of street gangs going back to the 1850's yet not one gang today in those citys is over 30 years old. Black gangs throughout the nation dont have the numbers and history LAs crips and bloods do. Consider that gangs like the White Fence, El Jardin, 38th street, Clanton , Maravilla, Harpys, Sotel, The Lott, CAnta Rana, Gaherty Lomas, Rockwood....on and on and on, are gangs that go beyond any gang of any race anywere in the entire United States. These gangs have history , longer then the zootsuit history that seems so essential to blacks pointing out chicano gang history ---not just a few years history , in some cases , these gangs are 3o years older then zootsuit culture. The style of chicanos is consistantly being potrayed as bootlegged off of black east coast culture. But the argument is a moot point being that much of the entire style of underground is chicano, and most of it predates any black gang in the nation. The artistry and tattoing of chicanos is seen all over the United States, by all ethnicitys. Click on any YOUTUBE video of asian gangs and youll see them sporting and wearing gang insignia exactly in the fashion of LAs gangster chicano culture. Graffiti and wall art is said to have originated with Puerto Ricans in NYC, now blacks lay seige to this also. It seems that although history shows blacks over and over again coming after ethnic gangs(italians, chicanos) that they dont even blink twice before tilting the brim hat wore by italians or taking italian names CAPONE, GOTTI, LUCASSEY, and then claiming ,portraying and saying that since the brim is tilted its ALL BLACK ALL DAY. Essentially the same argument is being ade by THE REAL, and others that since the dickies are sagging or since the bandana is tied on the forehead , or that they button the first 2 buttons on their flannels instead of one, it is now BLACK. I can not imagine US doing the same , so shamelessly. Its actually ridicolous to see ICE CUBE< ICE T>THE GAME> SNOOP> , looking so much like LA chicanos. Click on the photos of the ARYAN BROTHERHOOD, and tell me they arent imitating LA mexican gangsterism?Now take a look outside the SOCAL, and see the style of much of white culture and style of dress, the FOX, the dickies, the tatts, SUBLIME>LINKING PARK>CYPRESS HILL> and tell me that Aint my peoples swagger ? Thing is blacks are so delusional they think we copied them!? I know from personal experience it to be as so. Now the graffiti scene argument is as such --it started in the East Coast by blacks --yet somehow their wasnt but a few reputable black crews-in LA. Muc of what constitutes blacks arguments on this forum goes the same. Essentially--that blacks on the EAST COAST and WEST COAST and SOUTH, are not a single unit--which I think is a BS argument! These are not 2 different ethnicitys like say ETHOPIANS and AFRICAN AMERICANS are to an extent different or MEXICANS and CUBANS and MEXICANS and PUERTO RICANS. This is one sole group with the same history ! How many black families in LA have their roots in LOusiana, Chitown, Mississippi?? Most !! Yet for whta its worth only in LA did blacks adopt the EXACT same culture as LAs chicanos. Too many similarities for this man, too many coincidences and too much smioke screen!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 24th, 2009, 1:49 pm

perongregory wrote:
mayugastank wrote:

CAN WE TOP 400 comments on this forum?? IS there any other forum with as many replys? lol!

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » October 24th, 2009, 4:15 pm

yeah thats what i meant, eastcoast def started the graff scene, it was coming up along side with the b-boy and hip hop scene

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » October 25th, 2009, 11:59 am

...that gangs like Black P Stones, BGD, Folks came up as quickly as they faded out. Although still around , to some extent they are fractured incohessive and ,essentialy dozens of lesser gangs coming from the original gang...

You're dead wrong on that comment. BPS, GD, CVL's are all old gangs with roots going back to the 50's/early 60's. They're are streets on the West Side and South Side of Chicago that have been Vice Lord hoods, Stone hoods, Disciple hoods for decades.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » October 25th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Silencioso wrote: ...that gangs like Black P Stones, BGD, Folks came up as quickly as they faded out. Although still around , to some extent they are fractured incohessive and ,essentialy dozens of lesser gangs coming from the original gang...

You're dead wrong on that comment. BPS, GD, CVL's are all old gangs with roots going back to the 50's/early 60's. They're are streets on the West Side and South Side of Chicago that have been Vice Lord hoods, Stone hoods, Disciple hoods for decades.

THat is true because ive been to Chicago, They was gangbanging before yall was kinda not even considered a threat..... on some real shit, if anything we did the samething they did, create gangs to protect the communities within. But They was actually gang banging during the AL CAPONE days in Chi-Town, just mostly Social Groups. But the Stones, VLs and GDs changed so much over time, and chicano hoods in LA stayed the same.....When they was going to Riots and burning down shit WAYYYYYYYY BEFORE US IN LA........they had shit popping. The Latin Kings prolly date the same as LA Chicano hoods and LKs been around since those days aswell!

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » October 27th, 2009, 7:05 am

mayugastank wrote:

Did you mean to quote pistolslanga? No one said that Mexicans didn't dominate the hip hop graff scene in the west, but they didn't create it, blacks did on the east. And we did more than music and dance, way more, just like the precursor to your modern day cholo was heavily influenced by the east coast black gangster. That's on yall to neatly say well whites do politics, and Asians do technology, and Mexicans art, and blacks music....nah, you got all kind of people doin all kind of shit influencing alot of people.[/quote]

The argument can be made that their were black gangs before the crips and bloods in LA. However, were these crews gangs or simply hang out boys? Essentially , my argument states that the unique style of LAs underground is ALL chicano ALL day. It seems unfathomable that citys like Detroit, ChicAGO, Nyc, The south dont have anything similiar to crips and bloods, that gangs like Black P Stones, BGD, Folks came up as quickly as they faded out. Although still around , to some extent they are fractured incohessive and ,essentialy dozens of lesser gangs coming from the original gang. Texas for example has no long standing chicano gang, predonminately and historically chicano citys like El Paso, San Antonio..etc etc, have a history of street gangs going back to the 1850's yet not one gang today in those citys is over 30 years old. Black gangs throughout the nation dont have the numbers and history LAs crips and bloods do. Consider that gangs like the White Fence, El Jardin, 38th street, Clanton , Maravilla, Harpys, Sotel, The Lott, CAnta Rana, Gaherty Lomas, Rockwood....on and on and on, are gangs that go beyond any gang of any race anywere in the entire United States. These gangs have history , longer then the zootsuit history that seems so essential to blacks pointing out chicano gang history ---not just a few years history , in some cases , these gangs are 3o years older then zootsuit culture. The style of chicanos is consistantly being potrayed as bootlegged off of black east coast culture. But the argument is a moot point being that much of the entire style of underground is chicano, and most of it predates any black gang in the nation. The artistry and tattoing of chicanos is seen all over the United States, by all ethnicitys. Click on any YOUTUBE video of asian gangs and youll see them sporting and wearing gang insignia exactly in the fashion of LAs gangster chicano culture. Graffiti and wall art is said to have originated with Puerto Ricans in NYC, now blacks lay seige to this also. It seems that although history shows blacks over and over again coming after ethnic gangs(italians, chicanos) that they dont even blink twice before tilting the brim hat wore by italians or taking italian names CAPONE, GOTTI, LUCASSEY, and then claiming ,portraying and saying that since the brim is tilted its ALL BLACK ALL DAY. Essentially the same argument is being ade by THE REAL, and others that since the dickies are sagging or since the bandana is tied on the forehead , or that they button the first 2 buttons on their flannels instead of one, it is now BLACK. I can not imagine US doing the same , so shamelessly. Its actually ridicolous to see ICE CUBE< ICE T>THE GAME> SNOOP> , looking so much like LA chicanos. Click on the photos of the ARYAN BROTHERHOOD, and tell me they arent imitating LA mexican gangsterism?Now take a look outside the SOCAL, and see the style of much of white culture and style of dress, the FOX, the dickies, the tatts, SUBLIME>LINKING PARK>CYPRESS HILL> and tell me that Aint my peoples swagger ? Thing is blacks are so delusional they think we copied them!? I know from personal experience it to be as so. Now the graffiti scene argument is as such --it started in the East Coast by blacks --yet somehow their wasnt but a few reputable black crews-in LA. Muc of what constitutes blacks arguments on this forum goes the same. Essentially--that blacks on the EAST COAST and WEST COAST and SOUTH, are not a single unit--which I think is a BS argument! These are not 2 different ethnicitys like say ETHOPIANS and AFRICAN AMERICANS are to an extent different or MEXICANS and CUBANS and MEXICANS and PUERTO RICANS. This is one sole group with the same history ! How many black families in LA have their roots in LOusiana, Chitown, Mississippi?? Most !! Yet for whta its worth only in LA did blacks adopt the EXACT same culture as LAs chicanos. Too many similarities for this man, too many coincidences and too much smioke screen![/quote]

I been to Mexico DF and kicked it with the crew ILSK down there. They got a movement down there that is very much similar to what you saw waaaay back in time in NYC, as far as graff. The handstyles and pieces are prolly more similar to LA's current and past styles, but what they're doing is 100% based off of New York before then. The graff magazines, the clothing with tagging on them, the music videos, has been done before in other places. Maybe somewhat similar to the LA scene some years ago, in the mid to late 90's or so. They love hip hop that is more similar not to Chicano Rap but to 90's golden era hip hop which was "ALL BLACK" at that point, the Latinos were blocked out of hip hop music for years except for the REALLY talented cats like Pun. Even back in the days, though Latinos were writers (they did not single-handedly originate graffiti and wall-art like you say) and were rocking in Rock Steady and being undercover Latinos like Prince Whipper Whip, Zulu Nation was the cornerstone of hip hop music, very much based in Afrocentrism, African identity, African rhythm. So sure, there was Puerto Rican influence in graffiti and breaking, especially uprocking, which was born in Bushwick BROOKLYN, a Latin-dominated neighborhood. You couldn't rock a leather vest with the gang symbol, 'colors', if you were in a gang, and one of the first uprocking crews Dynasty Rockers was the first to be allowed to wear the vests as a non-gang, and were mostly Latino. All of that culture that was being put forward by Latinos, though, was tied back to African roots unconsciously, people knew the deal. Most knowledgeable Latinos recreating Salsa, playing anything with congas, being in touch with their spiritual background with Santeria and the like (all based off of African roots), wearing elekes (beads) even as Latin Kings, will somehow acknowledge, directly or not, the basis of much of their music, philosophy, non Christian spirtuality and knowledge of self, as coming from the Black Diaspora and mutating through contact with Europeans and Natives and changing through time.

What I can say is that Mexican culture has waaaay more Indigenous / Mayan / Native / influence that I had ever thought, that went wayy deeper and farther back than Black influence, and who knows how much of that influence is still in Chicano culture, just as much as the religion and morals of the European Catholic faith. The shit that predates the zootsuit style and all the gangs of old in LA. The indigenous influence that is very separate from the culture of the Caribbean, which was the breeding ground for the Latin-African bond that informed the birth of Hip-Hop music and culture in NYC, the same culture that codified wall-writing in tags and pieces as it exists today in LA, the gangs of that same time. In a way I'm sure you want to take the heavy influence of Native culture and the uniqueness of that and apply it to modern day. I can tell you right now that all the Latino practitioners of music and art that is inherently Nuyorican (that's it's own thing, they even Salsa dance on the THREE count not like Dominicans and Mexicans who Salsa on the ONE count) while they're proud of their own culture are not separating themselves from the African roots, at least the non-racist ones aren't, the ones who are into knowing facts and real history. So you can talk about Blacks and Asians and Whites jacking the way Mexicans flipped an older idea, but you gotta isolate that shit out. You talking about music? Then HELL no. Cypress Hill got Bobo on the congas, you think that shit isn 't African? The tattoos I will definitely give you. But then you say 'my people's swagger' in that way which you have to admit, is kind of Black, no?

Blacks dress cholo in LA, because of Chicano influence, but Mexicans in NYC dress Black because of more predominant Black influence and LACK of Chicano culture to assimilate into. There was a motherfucker in DF that was a durag wearing, big hip hop clothes wearing(even the character on this fools shirt was a Black cartoon) Blood! Cause he was from out in Corona, Queens originally. What I'm saying is that you're claiming Blacks steal culture but you are only pointing out instances where Blacks are being influenced by their surroundings, you're not talking about instances where mexicans and Chicanos are being influenced by theirs, for example, playing Banda which came from Polka music of Polish missionaries, getting into the Punk scene in LA, and rapping and doing Hip-Hop that is based off of what Afrika Bambaataa built and studied from elsewhere.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 28th, 2009, 8:58 pm

BPS wrote:
The Panch wrote:Not a do, but more like why do so many of em?? Im not trying to say like its anything to brag about but during the midst of black/brown issues in SoCal, alot of times you have blacks trying to shit on Mexicans as a whole and their culture when the reality is, almost all of this L.A. gang culture started with the Chicanos. From the combining of white tees, khakis, dark shades, and using old english lettering to rep their sets, to Surenos wearing blue rags in the pen and Norte wearin red in contrast, and of course the lowriders. That was all Chicano culture before anyone jumped on it. And it was probably the White Fence of Boyle Heights who were the first street gang, but some would debate Maravilla.

My thing is, Mexicans basically created almost all the gang culture that's lasted til now and at the same time, blacks have had big influences in their Chicano culture as well. Pachucos who originally wore Zoot Suits, black jazz clothing, started the culture and the whole "Smile Now, Cry Later" mindframe came from a Smokey Robinson song and West coast gangster rap played a huge part on influencing L.A. Chicanos to rap as well as the late Roger Troutman getting his voice box on. I wonder dont any of these folks like Snoop, who himself used to rap fantasy stories about shanking eses, bring this to the forefront to make L.A. Black and Brown understand they basically built this L.A. G thing together. The Mexicans did the street culture and the Blacks did the musical aspect of it. It just seems to me like since its the gangs doing the killings, maybe both sides could get their ass put in check instead of fools blaming illegals when the vast majority of L.A. ese's backs arent wet.
I DONT FELL TYPING A PAPER RIGHT NOW SO IM JUST GONNA SAY THIS SHIT RITE QUICK:
1.LA CHICANO GANGS ARE ONLY A DECADE OLDER THAN LA BLACK GANGS.
2.ALTHOUGH CHICANO GANGS ARE LITTLE OLDER THEY REALLY DIDNT GET INVOLVED IN MORE SERIOUS CRIMES LIKE THE BLACK GANGS DID. THE FIRST CHICANO GANGS WERE BASICALLY NEIGHBORHOOD YOUTH CLUBS BUT THE FIRST BLACK GANGS WERE INTO RACKETEERING LIKE THE BLACK GANGS IN HARLEM AND SOUTHSIDE CHICAGO.

NAME ONE BLACK GANG OLDER THEN WHITE FENCE.........

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 29th, 2009, 5:15 am

38st older than white fence or nah

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » October 29th, 2009, 11:17 am

mayugastank wrote:
BPS wrote:
The Panch wrote:Not a do, but more like why do so many of em?? Im not trying to say like its anything to brag about but during the midst of black/brown issues in SoCal, alot of times you have blacks trying to shit on Mexicans as a whole and their culture when the reality is, almost all of this L.A. gang culture started with the Chicanos. From the combining of white tees, khakis, dark shades, and using old english lettering to rep their sets, to Surenos wearing blue rags in the pen and Norte wearin red in contrast, and of course the lowriders. That was all Chicano culture before anyone jumped on it. And it was probably the White Fence of Boyle Heights who were the first street gang, but some would debate Maravilla.

My thing is, Mexicans basically created almost all the gang culture that's lasted til now and at the same time, blacks have had big influences in their Chicano culture as well. Pachucos who originally wore Zoot Suits, black jazz clothing, started the culture and the whole "Smile Now, Cry Later" mindframe came from a Smokey Robinson song and West coast gangster rap played a huge part on influencing L.A. Chicanos to rap as well as the late Roger Troutman getting his voice box on. I wonder dont any of these folks like Snoop, who himself used to rap fantasy stories about shanking eses, bring this to the forefront to make L.A. Black and Brown understand they basically built this L.A. G thing together. The Mexicans did the street culture and the Blacks did the musical aspect of it. It just seems to me like since its the gangs doing the killings, maybe both sides could get their ass put in check instead of fools blaming illegals when the vast majority of L.A. ese's backs arent wet.
I DONT FELL TYPING A PAPER RIGHT NOW SO IM JUST GONNA SAY THIS SHIT RITE QUICK:
1.LA CHICANO GANGS ARE ONLY A DECADE OLDER THAN LA BLACK GANGS.
2.ALTHOUGH CHICANO GANGS ARE LITTLE OLDER THEY REALLY DIDNT GET INVOLVED IN MORE SERIOUS CRIMES LIKE THE BLACK GANGS DID. THE FIRST CHICANO GANGS WERE BASICALLY NEIGHBORHOOD YOUTH CLUBS BUT THE FIRST BLACK GANGS WERE INTO RACKETEERING LIKE THE BLACK GANGS IN HARLEM AND SOUTHSIDE CHICAGO.

NAME ONE BLACK GANG OLDER THEN WHITE FENCE.........

The EastSide "CRIBS" is way older! :)

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » October 29th, 2009, 1:15 pm

NAME ONE BLACK GANG OLDER THEN WHITE FENCE...

The reason there are no black gangs in L.A. as old as WF is because after the Watts Rebellion/Riots gang banging died out in the black community in favor of more productive black empowerment groups like the Black Panthers and US Organization. If that hadn't happened there'd probably still be Slausons, Rebel Rousers and Gladiators out there instead of Crips, Pirus and Brims. They'd be in there fifth or sixth generation by now.

The oldest black gang in the US is probably the Mickey Cobras of Chicago. They have their roots in the Egyptian Cobras gang witch started at the latest in the early 50's and possibly as early as the WWII era.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 29th, 2009, 3:06 pm

white fence been around before the 30s right

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » October 29th, 2009, 3:08 pm

Silencioso wrote:NAME ONE BLACK GANG OLDER THEN WHITE FENCE...

The reason there are no black gangs in L.A. as old as WF is because after the Watts Rebellion/Riots gang banging died out in the black community in favor of more productive black empowerment groups like the Black Panthers and US Organization. If that hadn't happened there'd probably still be Slausons, Rebel Rousers and Gladiators out there instead of Crips, Pirus and Brims. They'd be in there fifth or sixth generation by now.

The oldest black gang in the US is probably the Mickey Cobras of Chicago. They have their roots in the Egyptian Cobras gang witch started at the latest in the early 50's and possibly as early as the WWII era.
I was Joking, But, FIRST there was Stones before anything and they go back in the 30's (They Basically was the BP;s of the Chicago Community)! When hoover, and all WHO BRANCHED off (Black Gangs) and started there own gangs in the 40's-50's....Thats when GD's came around and after the 60's and 70s they ALL had offshots!! BGD GD BD SD......by the 90's gangs like Imperial Gangsters, two-6s, and so on! Yeah THE STONES were WAY before the Cobras, they didnt come around until after everyone broke OFF one nation and started the creation of FOLK NATION. Trust me, I know some REAL CHI-Town LIT. They were doin RIOTS back when Mexicans were still drinking beer and having LONG INDIAN hair!.....Stop playing with yourself, In New York samething, Chicago, experienced, THE FIRST BLACK MIGRATION FROM THE SOUTH with MAJORITY moving EAST FIRST!.....Thats why Harlem, THE CITY, is the FIRST Black Capital Of United States. Officially, thats why Apollo no matter HOW fucking old and boring, its NOT, I repeat NOT, going ANYWHERE! They were banging in New York, aswell....back in THE GOLDEN DAYS too!

I also, AGREE 100% with your BLACK PANTHER Statement, Oakland has gangs that DATE WAYBACK aswell! They even got tthe Party HQ still THERE! People think they're GANGS in OAKLAND, no there ALL Small ORGANIZED *SomeWhat Connected* black GANGS who THRIVE off MONEY and Structre like the ITALIANS DID!

IF IT WASNT FOR US THERE WOULD BE NO SUCH THING AS THE WORD "GANG", it was USED back when they were LYNCHING! Known FACT. But, YES, I agree, LA is more BASED around Chicano Gangsterism! I Agree! But always REMEMBER WHO MADE THE WAY FOR EVERYONE! KIDS.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 1st, 2009, 12:48 am

OH wow! the first black gangs go back to the 50s in chicago!! oh wow! lets see the NEWEST GANG in ELA is older then the oldest black gang in AMERICA. You got LA RANA in Torrance and EAST SIDE LONGOS in LBC. They are fairly new outside of the ELA area gangs who are older then ANY black gang! YET somehow we copied blacks ?! so basically we been wearing pretty similiar clothing and had real similiar style since the turn of the century YET we are copying blacks? NOt to mention that my home base of Montebello has got the oldest gangs in the Country and that these gangs I am speaking on are STILL here, exactly were they were in the 1900s! Theyre arent but a handful of LA gangs who dont go back to the WW2 era, just about EVERY LA gang has roots past WW2, chicano gangs. This fool calling us long haired indians but take a look at this suspender wearing , straw in the mouth, here today gone tomorrow gangster culture AFrican AMericans have , what a freaking joke. Sagging our dickies, taking our colors, sporting our tattoos, banging our cuts, writing like us, taking our street names. They may sag the dickies but lets get real ----who looks legit and WELL, who just looks like some FUNKY ASS WANKSTAS.Take a look at the ARYAN BROTHERHOOD, pictures. NOW does that look like your average buncha white guys? LOL, hell no ! some of those pics they take look identical to the getdown of ELA chicanism that the USA is jocked on. The style of TAPOUT and even that white boy show LAGUNA BEACH, and THE HILLS has got the white boys on the show ALL wearing their socks pulled up and tattoo chains around their necks. One of them white boys EVEN got THE VIRGIN OF GUADALUPE tatted on him. LIL WAYNE _THE GAME _SNOOP>DRE_TUPAC_ on the WEST all jacking our STILO and DIDDY ,IRV GOTTI, JAZEE, and just about every EAST COAST RAPPER jacking the entire getdown of the italian people, from the suits to the NAMES!! I watched a video the other day that had JAZEE, rapping , and in the background, MEYER LANSKY LUCKY LUCIANO<AL CAPONE< JOHN GOTTI., pictures blown up to make JAZEE seem like a member of the italian mafia(cosa nostra) , ALTHOUGH the italian neighborhoods in NYC are known for being EXTREMELY RACIST against blacks and John Gotti himself hated blacks with a passion. Whats up with that? do we as a people imitate on such levels? now anything blacks touch is theirs , you got this fool on here trying to say that the teardrops and tattooing culture of THE ENTIRE USA isnt all the way MEXXICAN. Thats something I take offense to because it is surely so much a part of my culture being bootlegged and repackaged. Blacks get all hissy , when some sucka is rapping thats mexican, or when some fool that aint black is wearing FUBU. Or when some lil hoe is wearing braids in her hair YET they got no problem hijacking my entire culture like a parasite and flipping a lil touch of theirs into it and then laying seige to ELA chicanoism that along Italians is true classic AMERICANA underground.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 1st, 2009, 12:56 am

youngspade wrote:

I was Joking, But, FIRST there was Stones before anything and they go back in the 30's (They Basically was the BP;s of the Chicago Community)! When hoover, and all WHO BRANCHED off (Black Gangs) and started there own gangs in the 40's-50's....Thats when GD's came around and after the 60's and 70s they ALL had offshots!! BGD GD BD SD......by the 90's gangs like Imperial Gangsters, two-6s, and so on! Yeah THE STONES were WAY before the Cobras, they didnt come around until after everyone broke OFF one nation and started the creation of FOLK NATION. Trust me, I know some REAL CHI-Town LIT. They were doin RIOTS back when Mexicans were still drinking beer and having LONG INDIAN hair!.....Stop playing with yourself, In New York samething, Chicago, experienced, THE FIRST BLACK MIGRATION FROM THE SOUTH with MAJORITY moving EAST FIRST!.....Thats why Harlem, THE CITY, is the FIRST Black Capital Of United States. Officially, thats why Apollo no matter HOW #%@&#%@ old and boring, its NOT, I repeat NOT, going ANYWHERE! They were banging in New York, aswell....back in THE GOLDEN DAYS too!

I also, AGREE 100% with your BLACK PANTHER Statement, Oakland has gangs that DATE WAYBACK aswell! They even got tthe Party HQ still THERE! People think they're GANGS in OAKLAND, no there ALL Small ORGANIZED *SomeWhat Connected* black GANGS who THRIVE off MONEY and Structre like the ITALIANS DID!

IF IT WASNT FOR US THERE WOULD BE NO SUCH THING AS THE WORD "GANG", it was USED back when they were LYNCHING! Known FACT. But, YES, I agree, LA is more BASED around Chicano Gangsterism! I Agree! But always REMEMBER WHO MADE THE WAY FOR EVERYONE! KIDS.

ALWAYS REMEBER WHO MADE THE WAY FOR EVERYONE??? now who is that? could it be the crips and bloods who came some 40 years after fairly new CHICANO gangs? and even though we sported the colors RED and BLUE some 25 years or so before them ---it was just a coincedence that they also picked up those colors<<<rolls eyes >>>>yea, or how about EVERY GANGSTER rapper on the SOURCE getting tatted up by the fools from 18 street? did you see the issue where LIL WAYNE was getting worked on by the HOMEY CISCO from 18street? so were is your peoples artists? cuz I bet aint a mexican around been worked on by a brother.I dont get you ---

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » November 1st, 2009, 2:52 am

mayugastank wrote:
youngspade wrote:

I was Joking, But, FIRST there was Stones before anything and they go back in the 30's (They Basically was the BP;s of the Chicago Community)! When hoover, and all WHO BRANCHED off (Black Gangs) and started there own gangs in the 40's-50's....Thats when GD's came around and after the 60's and 70s they ALL had offshots!! BGD GD BD SD......by the 90's gangs like Imperial Gangsters, two-6s, and so on! Yeah THE STONES were WAY before the Cobras, they didnt come around until after everyone broke OFF one nation and started the creation of FOLK NATION. Trust me, I know some REAL CHI-Town LIT. They were doin RIOTS back when Mexicans were still drinking beer and having LONG INDIAN hair!.....Stop playing with yourself, In New York samething, Chicago, experienced, THE FIRST BLACK MIGRATION FROM THE SOUTH with MAJORITY moving EAST FIRST!.....Thats why Harlem, THE CITY, is the FIRST Black Capital Of United States. Officially, thats why Apollo no matter HOW #%@&#%@ old and boring, its NOT, I repeat NOT, going ANYWHERE! They were banging in New York, aswell....back in THE GOLDEN DAYS too!

ALWAYS REMEBER WHO MADE THE WAY FOR EVERYONE??? now who is that? could it be the crips and bloods who came some 40 years after fairly new CHICANO gangs? and even though we sported the colors RED and BLUE some 25 years or so before them ---it was just a coincedence that they also picked up those colors<<<rolls eyes >>>>yea, or how about EVERY GANGSTER rapper on the SOURCE getting tatted up by the fools from 18 street? did you see the issue where LIL WAYNE was getting worked on by the HOMEY CISCO from 18street? so were is your peoples artists? because I bet aint a mexican around been worked on by a brother.I dont get you ---
Fuck bloods and crips, BUT BLACKS nigga! all that shit dont mean nothing!

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 1st, 2009, 4:30 am

mayuga stop twisting shit around with black history, you know very well black gangs were here before the 50's we already named some pgs back, like was said, chicanos have the oldest modern hoods in LA, and that's it. Black gangs have came and died out, and came again in LA. The oldest black modern hoods are in Chicago.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 1st, 2009, 4:38 am

and you need to get out of LA man, wanna talk abotu blacks hijacking, then give us all of our hip hop culture jazz and zoot suit pachuco shit, "yall stole" and put your twist on. Fuck FUBU, no one wears that shit, and we don't give a fuck about no braids or mexicans rapping only you care. The black is the first hipster as said by the famous beatnik norman mailer, and always will be. We don't stay with one style we innovate and come anew and leave shit for the rest of America to eat up. And fuck NY blacks on Italians dicks, we don't give a fuck about that on the west coast.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » November 1st, 2009, 12:42 pm

^^^ Some people never been outta LA lol thats why they have this way of thinking! But me?

Lousiana - All Over
Chicago - All SouthSide
Memphis - Just Billst and Small Outskirts of Billst. I met a GD there!
Texas - Houston, Dallas even El Paso lol ive experienced!
California - Not just LA but all over CALI!

Just to name a few, I got in a fight so im not in the mood really!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 1st, 2009, 12:59 pm

perongregory wrote:and you need to get out of LA man, wanna talk abotu blacks hijacking, then give us all of our hip hop culture jazz and zoot suit pachuco shit, "yall stole" and put your twist on. fu-- FUBU, no one wears that shit, and we don't give a fu-- about no braids or mexicans rapping only you care. The black is the first hipster as said by the famous beatnik norman mailer, and always will be. We don't stay with one style we innovate and come anew and leave shit for the rest of America to eat up. And fu-- NY blacks on Italians dicks, we don't give a fu-- about that on the west coast.

Look, ese, all that talk about blacks starting this and that, man is a bunch of BS, and yea you are hijacking my culture when you try to repackage and put a twist on my peoples getdown its a freaking joke. You wanna claim blacks started pachuco culture but as far as I know it was started in SAN ANTONIO by MEXICANS! forget what your talking about --and I quote " zootsuit culture , defined by the baggy suitpants and padded suit tops were an instant hit in minority cultures of the time,they were standard attire for black and mexican american teenagers during the mid 1940s-1950." Pertman and Wyatts , AMerican History
Um lets see 1940-1950, yea some 30 years after the first LA chicano gangs. 30 freaking years!!!! Gangs like the 38th street were long established and into their 3rd generation.

Alski, is considered to be one of the earliest Los Angeles graffiti writers during a time when tagging was a foreign word. He was born in the Bronx, New York from Puerto Rican parents and moved to Los Angeles in early 1980s . His first tags went up in Los Angeles in 1983 when there were very few taggers. He was consider the most prolific writer in Los Angeles history until a writer named Chaka hit the scene in the late 1980s. Other writers known during the early 1980s included, Davism (later became Miner), Jazz, Geo, Skept, Soon and Legit.

Heres something I picked up on alski1.......guess what crew he was from ? KOS, knocking out suckers.....a mexican crew !! MEXICAN! The first writers in LA were PRs , and although some go with blacks --their are plenty in NYC who dont speak a lick of english. I had homies who wouldve killed you for calling them black who were PRs.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 1st, 2009, 1:05 pm

perongregory wrote:mayuga stop twisting shit around with black history, you know very well black gangs were here before the 50's we already named some pgs back, like was said, chicanos have the oldest modern hoods in LA, and that's it. Black gangs have came and died out, and came again in LA. The oldest black modern hoods are in Chicago.

OLDEST MODERN HOODS IN LA.....................Dont get it twisted we got the oldest modern hoods in AMERICA.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 1st, 2009, 1:11 pm

Who gives a fuck what your homies would'v done, unless you give credit for. Whole bunch of mexicans jacking staling black originated hip hop grafitti culture and utting their twist on it, you are one bias mufucka, and have no merit. You wanna claim black this black that but when multiple people show you mexican this mexican that you got a gnag of excuses, some in ELA BS, and some random shit that has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 1st, 2009, 1:12 pm

youngspade wrote:^^^ Some people never been outta LA lol thats why they have this way of thinking! But me?

Lousiana - All Over
Chicago - All SouthSide

Heres where I have been and heres what I have seen.

Seattle, Washington. Buncha blacks claiming LA gangs like the HOOVERS, getting tatted like Mexicans

Phoenix, Arizona
Chicanos out there claiming LA gangs they never been to

Portland , Orgeon
Blacks and Mexicans alike claiming LA gangs they have never set foot in

KC, Missouri
Blacks claiming crips , Mexicans claiming SuR

Texas all over

Crips and Bloods
NO established Mexican gangs
The style of Tattoing invented by mexicans ---worn by ALL RACES.

LA is the HUB of underground activity from the WEST to the MIdwest. ANYWERE their is mexicans they are claiming gangs that had their start in LA , same for blacks. Now that style originated in ELA, BY MEXICANS. and although blacks may have differences with us the amount of attire and style , hijacked by blacks is enough to make a vato irritated to hear thats its a black thang!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 1st, 2009, 1:32 pm

perongregory wrote:Who gives a fu-- what your homies would'v done, unless you give credit for. Whole bunch of mexicans jacking staling black originated hip hop grafitti culture and utting their twist on it, you are one bias mufucka, and have no merit. You wanna claim black this black that but when multiple people show you mexican this mexican that you got a gnag of excuses, some in ELA BS, and some random shit that has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

See thats the thing you actually believe blacks started all that ---graffiti and shit and I know enough to know that in genreal your people have no artistic merit --their might be the occasional black artist but on the same evel and in general as mexicans? NO WAY, cuz for every mexican that can tattoo and draw and slang graff, we outnumber every race by like 10 to 1! its kinda like how you guys dominate the sporting arena, to where NEWSWEEK has havd scientific proof that blacks in general are better athletes by a force of nature. MEaning in its simplist form that blacks are born with a natural ability to be more physical fit and better athletes, not through practice but by a natural disposition they are born with.

In this day and age people go on and on about how we are all created equal , yet in the same breathe, scientists prove and prove again that cancer , obesity, intelligence, leukemia, acne, hair loss, pigmentation and body fat mass, are ALL inherited at birth. Yet somehow being politically correct has taken over the debate on racism and we try to pretend that differences in race ARENT a factor for performing better in school, being better athletes, being taller,stronger fatter or shorter or anything that might prove one race better at something then another race cuz that would be(((oH MY GOD))) RACISM. We go on about brittle bone syndrome being a white/caucasian disease, high blood pressure being a black disease along with sickle cell anemia, high cholestrol being predominate in a large share of hispanics ......YET for all the diseases we assign to peole by race we cant assign anything like intelligence or strength or propensity for violence. Cuz it would be racist.

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » November 1st, 2009, 1:34 pm

mayugastank wrote:
youngspade wrote:^^^ Some people never been outta LA lol thats why they have this way of thinking! But me?

Lousiana - All Over
Chicago - All SouthSide

Heres where I have been and heres what I have seen.

Seattle, Washington. Buncha blacks claiming LA gangs like the HOOVERS, getting tatted like Mexicans

Phoenix, Arizona
Chicanos out there claiming LA gangs they never been to

Portland , Orgeon
Blacks and Mexicans alike claiming LA gangs they have never set foot in

KC, Missouri
Blacks claiming crips , Mexicans claiming SuR

Texas all over

Crips and Bloods
NO established Mexican gangs
The style of Tattoing invented by mexicans ---worn by ALL RACES.

LA is the HUB of underground activity from the WEST to the MIdwest. ANYWERE their is mexicans they are claiming gangs that had their start in LA , same for blacks. Now that style originated in ELA, BY MEXICANS. and although blacks may have differences with us the amount of attire and style , hijacked by blacks is enough to make a vato irritated to hear thats its a black thang!

I also, see from you other post, YOUR NOT LISTENING/READING before you talk! I personally dont give a fuck about who made it IN LA

BUT US AS BLACK FOLKS made the way for Cesar and You guys to even HAVE RIGHTS! You guys were just helping with Americas Farmlands when BLACKS was invovlved in SHIT!

Blacks Founded the way to BE ANYKIND of GANGSTER, Black, White, Or Fucking Mexicans! Without us, you guys are still stuck in Mexico farming with a SHOOTFirst type of Border keepin yall out! Fuck whatchu talking about nigga, BLACKS made the WAY for OTHERS to even own HOMES, before us, YALL COULDNTOWNSHIT!

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » November 1st, 2009, 1:38 pm

mayugastank wrote:
perongregory wrote:mayuga stop twisting shit around with black history, you know very well black gangs were here before the 50's we already named some pgs back, like was said, chicanos have the oldest modern hoods in LA, and that's it. Black gangs have came and died out, and came again in LA. The oldest black modern hoods are in Chicago.

OLDEST MODERN HOODS IN LA.....................Dont get it twisted we got the oldest modern hoods in AMERICA.

Ok when you get off your Mexican HIGHass and relize were not talking about LA and no way IN HELL YALL got the oldest gangs. All those hoods you mentioned are either getting whackd or already DEAD....So 30 yrs was really like 10-20yrs of existence, P Stones, was the FIRST Black gang in America so your going off the wrong shit!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 1st, 2009, 1:42 pm

perongregory wrote:Who gives a fu-- what your homies would'v done, unless you give credit for. Whole bunch of mexicans jacking staling black originated hip hop grafitti culture and utting their twist on it, you are one bias mufucka, and have no merit. You wanna claim black this black that but when multiple people show you mexican this mexican that you got a gnag of excuses, some in ELA BS, and some random shit that has nothing to do with what we're talking about.

And not to sound repetive but it doesnt sound like either of us is EVERY going to give an inch on this subject. I feel I made an excellent case for why chicanos culture is in the bloodline of underground culture in the USA. My point on us being the originators of LA gang culture was met a dozen posts ago. And admitted to by such. We are kinda going in circles but we have topped 400 posts in this forum so for whatever its worth going back on some of the thereoms on culture is very interesting . THE REAL , is an extremely intelligent and great debater --although he really got under my skin his form of writing and ability to form cohessive arguments while at the same time posting links and prior statements , was outstanding , and in all likelyhood a college learned writing trait because its professionalism was beyond a simple street gang forum. I dont know if he is a writer by profession but he should be. So no hard feelings on my part and I liked hearing the personal experiences posted by several members.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » November 1st, 2009, 1:45 pm

youngspade wrote:
mayugastank wrote:

Ok when you get off your Mexican HIGHass and relize were not talking about LA and no way IN HELL YALL got the oldest gangs. All those hoods you mentioned are either getting whackd or already DEAD....So 30 yrs was really like 10-20yrs of existence, P Stones, was the FIRST Black gang in America so your going off the wrong shit!

I dare you to name one gang older then the ones I listed of ANY RACE ANYWERE in the USA. Not no defunked , non existant gang. If you go to ELA tonight youll find all those gangs on the same streets in FORCE. So claiming they are dead is false.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 1st, 2009, 1:51 pm

You make some great points, I just feel some of the credit you claim and some of the things you say about blacks are uninformed, but hey we're two proud Angelenos.

On the real though, you have to look into midwest/eastcoast black culture, I think you're kinda lackin on that, but they're highly influential and have influenced even LA.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » November 1st, 2009, 5:40 pm

....might just be me...

but why is it that its always a mexican who starts a racial conflict/debate....?....