Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
hardknocce9
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

Unread post by hardknocce9 » September 5th, 2009, 1:58 pm

and thats that looool

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by SmileyGee » September 7th, 2009, 12:21 am

You know wat homeboy we got our cultura wich is ourz and be proud of it, the brothas get theirz wich I can respect honestly palabra we both borrowed from each otherz cultures, I can respect the older blacks the older real bloodz and real crips and the brothas who were their before this times...I can respect the smooth oldies of black Brenton Wood and Motown, I even respect the black funky rythem of Earth Wind and Fire and Curtis Blow, i can I will even go as far too admit that chicanos had no put in, in starting the drive by, why? it wasnt our style(wasnt). Wat I cant respect is this little n*ggrz running around loud mouthing awww cuuzzzz, awwwwblood, my n*gga having no respect for their older homeboys not honoring those who came before them and im not only talking about the brothas, this goes out too you also to the homeboys who talk like a black New Yorker chales no ay honor in that homes...N for the bald head wdf you must be tripping we sport a bald head not because Tupac was out their shouting out thug life but because a native tribe in Mexico I believe were called the Purepecha would cut their hair relatively short (close to bald as can get in those times) every time they went out to battle it was their way of seporating themselfs from the enemy n in some way this caused confusion to the enemy during battle as most of them would luk a like during battle thanks too the bald head...We adopted this to show respect too one of the only tribes who were able to force the Aztecz to retreat...As history tells the aztecs were never able too conquer the Purepecha...N*ggrz, I believe every raice has its n*ggerz and I use this word as a derogetory term not too the brothas but those who use that word as a sence too be cool to be hip to be hip hop those are n*ggerz, young white kidz tryna be 50cent with their pants half way across their ass those are n*ggerz, young black kid tryna b cool loud mouthing other raices of how everybody tryna be black n critricing those who dnt go around sagging says Shawty n let me holla throughng the n word so freely those are n*ggerz, young mexican kidz claiming too be South Siders saying fuck N*ggas but ima try too be hip hop n act like them those are n*ggrz...Idnt follow your little hip hop shit homboy im a young 18 year old and im my own person, I choose too follow my older homboys n learn to conduct my self from them, how too wear my pants high on my waist, how to crease my presed down levis 501's like them(fact:not all the homboys wore dickies back n the days), how to say "bunas tardes" too an older homeboy who might even be from a different neighborhood or too an older lady walking down the street so that she can feel save and know that she can be save in my varrio because the homboys original purpose was too protect the varrio and because before this was my barrio it was herz before mine...I just inhereted from her

SURAIDERO
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: HA

Unread post by SURAIDERO » September 7th, 2009, 2:28 am

OK. Hip Hop graffiti started on the East Coast. CORNBREAD & COOL-EARL were black. TAKI 183 was white. JULIO 204 was Puerto Rican...and I'm sure there was chinos 2....But Chicanos were writing graffiti with style in LA before all of those cats from NY and Philley.

As far as LA gang culture...
Pendletons and creased up khakis, lowriders, deep dish daytons, 64 impalas, baggy pants, the term 'locs' for glasses....The black gangster culture got alot from the Chicanos...Just compare NWA to any east coast rappers from that era.....The main difference is the Chicano style of dress..

But things keep changin...I'm seein alot of youngsters claimin black hoods wearin' skinny jeans and neon watches...definately not Chicano influenced.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 7th, 2009, 3:09 am

yeah we know chicanos been doing the gang graffiti out west for a long time but mayuga was trying to say that black had nothing to do with hip hop graffiti and its some chicano shit, wrong. And the main difference between NWA nd other rappers was their lyrics and subject matter not clothes, because besides eazy with some locs on etc. them fools had jheri curls, golf hats, fitting levis, suzuki trucks and alot of "black" inner-city LA clothes and style. The whole point to me is that chicanos influenced alot of shit, but in turn they were influenced by both whites and blacks, so you can't discredit whole races just to put your group up.

htown11

Unread post by htown11 » September 7th, 2009, 6:35 pm

SmileyGee wrote:You know wat homeboy we got our cultura wich is ourz and be proud of it, the brothas get theirz wich I can respect honestly palabra we both borrowed from each otherz cultures, I can respect the older blacks the older real bloodz and real crips and the brothas who were their before this times...I can respect the smooth oldies of black Brenton Wood and Motown, I even respect the black funky rythem of Earth Wind and Fire and Curtis Blow, i can I will even go as far too admit that chicanos had no put in, in starting the drive by, why? it wasnt our style(wasnt). Wat I cant respect is this little n*ggrz running around loud mouthing awww cuuzzzz, awwwwblood, my n*gga having no respect for their older homeboys not honoring those who came before them and im not only talking about the brothas, this goes out too you also to the homeboys who talk like a black New Yorker chales no ay honor in that homes...N for the bald head wdf you must be tripping we sport a bald head not because Tupac was out their shouting out thug life but because a native tribe in Mexico I believe were called the Purepecha would cut their hair relatively short (close to bald as can get in those times) every time they went out to battle it was their way of seporating themselfs from the enemy n in some way this caused confusion to the enemy during battle as most of them would luk a like during battle thanks too the bald head...We adopted this to show respect too one of the only tribes who were able to force the Aztecz to retreat...As history tells the aztecs were never able too conquer the Purepecha...N*ggrz, I believe every raice has its n*ggerz and I use this word as a derogetory term not too the brothas but those who use that word as a sence too be cool to be hip to be hip hop those are n*ggerz, young white kidz tryna be 50cent with their pants half way across their ass those are n*ggerz, young black kid tryna b cool loud mouthing other raices of how everybody tryna be black n critricing those who dnt go around sagging says Shawty n let me holla throughng the n word so freely those are n*ggerz, young mexican kidz claiming too be South Siders saying fu-- N*ggas but ima try too be hip hop n act like them those are n*ggrz...Idnt follow your little hip hop shit homboy im a young 18 year old and im my own person, I choose too follow my older homboys n learn to conduct my self from them, how too wear my pants high on my waist, how to crease my presed down levis 501's like them(fact:not all the homboys wore dickies back n the days), how to say "bunas tardes" too an older homeboy who might even be from a different neighborhood or too an older lady walking down the street so that she can feel save and know that she can be save in my varrio because the homboys original purpose was too protect the varrio and because before this was my barrio it was herz before mine...I just inhereted from her

yeah I feel you on that, that's how I feel...like every race has its spics or wetbacks...no disrespect to the older Mexicans, but these new Mexicans that talk shit about all the other races, and blast rap, and everything are spics and wetbacks...little white kids that sport Raider jerseys and locs talking about que onda, vato loco ese, and all that are spics and wetbacks...I don't know too many black kids that do it, but if they did, they would wetbacks or spics to me too.I understand what you're saying Smiley

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » September 9th, 2009, 12:08 am

SmileyGee wrote:You know wat homeboy we got our cultura wich is ourz and be proud of it, the brothas get theirz wich I can respect honestly palabra we both borrowed from each otherz cultures, I can respect the older blacks the older real bloodz and real crips and the brothas who were their before this times...I can respect the smooth oldies of black Brenton Wood and Motown, I even respect the black funky rythem of Earth Wind and Fire and Curtis Blow, i can I will even go as far too admit that chicanos had no put in, in starting the drive by, why? it wasnt our style(wasnt). Wat I cant respect is this little n*ggrz running around loud mouthing awww cuuzzzz, awwwwblood, my n*gga having no respect for their older homeboys not honoring those who came before them and im not only talking about the brothas, this goes out too you also to the homeboys who talk like a black New Yorker chales no ay honor in that homes...N for the bald head wdf you must be tripping we sport a bald head not because Tupac was out their shouting out thug life but because a native tribe in Mexico I believe were called the Purepecha would cut their hair relatively short (close to bald as can get in those times) every time they went out to battle it was their way of seporating themselfs from the enemy n in some way this caused confusion to the enemy during battle as most of them would luk a like during battle thanks too the bald head...We adopted this to show respect too one of the only tribes who were able to force the Aztecz to retreat...As history tells the aztecs were never able too conquer the Purepecha...N*ggrz, I believe every raice has its n*ggerz and I use this word as a derogetory term not too the brothas but those who use that word as a sence too be cool to be hip to be hip hop those are n*ggerz, young white kidz tryna be 50cent with their pants half way across their ass those are n*ggerz, young black kid tryna b cool loud mouthing other raices of how everybody tryna be black n critricing those who dnt go around sagging says Shawty n let me holla throughng the n word so freely those are n*ggerz, young mexican kidz claiming too be South Siders saying fu-- N*ggas but ima try too be hip hop n act like them those are n*ggrz...Idnt follow your little hip hop shit homboy im a young 18 year old and im my own person, I choose too follow my older homboys n learn to conduct my self from them, how too wear my pants high on my waist, how to crease my presed down levis 501's like them(fact:not all the homboys wore dickies back n the days), how to say "bunas tardes" too an older homeboy who might even be from a different neighborhood or too an older lady walking down the street so that she can feel save and know that she can be save in my varrio because the homboys original purpose was too protect the varrio and because before this was my barrio it was herz before mine...I just inhereted from her

listen to this clown >>>>>>>>>>aint nothing wrong with being proud of your race but you going on and on about I dont know what the Fuck! you sound retarded like some weinie outta some old ESE gang movie! homie I can tell you aint no chicano! probably some border brother wearing some whacked out dickies and cowboy boots trying to front like you know gang life --I give a dam about what you saying I made my points with cold hard facts! and the absolute truth !

SmileyGee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SmileyGee » September 15th, 2009, 1:24 pm

mayugastank wrote:

listen to this clown >>>>>>>>>>aint nothing wrong with being proud of your race but you going on and on about I dont know what the fu--! you sound retarded like some weinie outta some old ESE gang movie! homie I can tell you aint no chicano! probably some border brother wearing some whacked out dickies and cowboy boots trying to front like you know gang life --I give a dam about what you saying I made my points with cold hard facts! and the absolute truth !
Mothaker your tripping out...If you were here motherf^ area of East LA, boyle heights, Montebello you would understand wat im talking about you gotta be here too get the clear picture, you gotta listen too the older homboys speak too pass down their experience and their view on such subjects as they have lived it an experienced it...F^ck the old cholo movies, their a bunch of stupid f^ck piece of garbage fuck Blood in Blood out f^ck American Me i seenem n they dnt represent me or my homeboys in anyway, from wat I speak is my own experience and my own personal talk with the homboys out in the street literally in the mothaf^ckn street sharing a f^ckn beer and a ciggaret learn and hearing cold muthafckn storys of how shit happends..Wen you motherf^cker here about some foo that got shot or watever all you here is he was from this gang or this barrio..wat i hear is his name were he was from his klick and mybe a story of how a homboy or myself met that foo shook his hand kicked it or even beefed it with the guy...Goo ahead Mayuga give the cold hard facts homboy and im gonna give you my experiences cause thats all I can give...

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » September 20th, 2009, 11:55 pm

And mayuga, mexicans did't have the first gangs in LA, white ethnics did...Alpine St. used to be Irish before Mexicans took it over, so should we give praise to the whites? Mexicans have the oldest modern hoods in LA, not the first hoods.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » September 21st, 2009, 11:52 pm

perongregory wrote:And mayuga, mexicans did't have the first gangs in LA, white ethnics did...Alpine St. used to be Irish before Mexicans took it over, so should we give praise to the whites? Mexicans have the oldest modern hoods in LA, not the first hoods.

Are you serious? whites had the oldest gangs on the EAST COAST but out here? Theres been mexican gangs out here from the city start --look at the name of this house" LOS ANGELES".........spanish! take a trip in any direction in Cali...north to the border and every other county and town is named in spanish.Heres some old school mexican gangs going out to the 1850z, LA FACTORIA, MASAYA GANG, SOMBRA, VICTORIA LOCOS..........today they known as Big Hazard=MASAYA and FACTORIA, SOMBRA and VICTORIA are known as 38th street and Clanton 14. I focused on old school mexican gangs that had thorough history . The ones I fcoused on (white fence, 38th, Maravilla, El Jardin, Sotel, Opal,Canta Rana, VNE,) are mexican gangs that go beyond any black gang in the city that are currently active.Theres many many more.....and if I focused on mexican gangs that are older then crips and bloods ,Id have to name every city ang in Southern California!! Because even semi-new gangs like 18street go to at least the start of the crips and bloods!! Italians did contribute most of what is modern day east coast gang culture and had a big hand in in street culture nationwide, the style of dress and gangster images they popularized set the stage for all ethnicties in the USA , but if you talk to or know any italians they defenitely wouldnt take kindly to being called WHITE. In fact real italians dont resemble AL PACINO, ROBERT DENIRO or any other CALABRESE or NEAPOLITANO ---the real gangster italians teh home of the original mafia is sicily and from first hand experiece and knowing many many many of them from my trips to canada(huge italian immigrant population in some parts) Those italians look identical to any bushy haired and moustache wearing PAISA on the streets of LA. They got that same hairy ass neckline and short stocky dark ass look. Whites had gangs that faded out, died out and only in couple of cities are white gangs even around anymore(BEANTOWN=BOSTON). I do know perongregory that what constitutes most of the style of gangs today are majority derived from my people. I said earlier that almost all teh tattooing style of ALL ETHNICITIES is chicano themed, and you dont have to look far to see that --just click on any rap video

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubts » October 16th, 2009, 10:55 pm

this cat mayuga gettin embarrased by all them wac ass chicano rappers like lil rob n them imitatin blac culture, but he wuz doin the same shit when him and his potnas piced up a spray can and started hittin up the city in the 80s, that came from the east coast blac hip hop culture, i bet the older latinos wuz sayin the same shit about your goofy ass then....

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 17th, 2009, 1:56 pm

dubts wrote:this cat mayuga gettin embarrased by all them wac ass chicano rappers like lil rob n them imitatin blac culture, but he wuz doin the same shit when him and his potnas piced up a spray can and started hittin up the city in the 80s, that came from the east coast blac hip hop culture, i bet the older latinos wuz sayin the same shit about your goofy ass then....

Oh so graffiti is a black thing? YEA!! name one black crew out here in the west coast with any respect or that was well known!ONE outside of KWS, their isnt any at all!From what I heard Puerto Ricans kicked it off on the East Coast --and it would make sense considering that blacks werent even into that outside of anywere in NYC. Definetly not --in LA for God dam sure. Asians outside of Mexicans were the only Taggers in the LA area, in any numbers. See BROTHA, you guys over and over again , dress like us and get tatted like us and then claim its yours cuz you sagged the dickies instead of pulling them up or got thug life across your stomache instead of brown pride, or the teardrop is a lil bit bigger then mexicans get.....get the phug outta here with that fake ass goffy ass style of gang clothing, you guys didnt even wear it right. Tell the game , he needs to get his tatts touched up by a professional , more then likely a mexican, cuz their arent any blacks with our artistic skills on the same level. chump ass. Your whole get down on the west coast is jacked from us and you wanna say we imitators? yea right ESE.Take a look at WEEZY-JEEZY and LIL WAYNE , THE GAME , fake fronting ass BROTHAS stealing and phugging up our entire style of tattoing and dress, man just come down to the VARRIO and get a lesson on pulling your god dam pants up VATO. EVERYONE can tell a fake and when you put a vato from EAST LOS against some compton thug, you gonna say our shit isnt FRESHER? get outta here, loko.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » October 17th, 2009, 2:08 pm

Hip hop grafitit started in philly w a black dude named cornbread then moved to NY, PR's did a lot for the artform but blacks created it, the same w b-boying. It's still a black originated artform just like u claim the Los gangster stilo is chicano. Gotta give props where they're due if you expect yours.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 17th, 2009, 6:19 pm

fools of races were doin shit times and times before,like rap,hip hops,blacks may have made it known but people have been rhyming and all that shit for years,saggin,people from other places were probably doin that shit before it hit the sts,gangs,crews all that shit,were around a long time ago,u got gangs hundreds of years ago,irish gangs,immigrant gangs,hispanic gangs,black clubs who turned gangs,zoot suiting,and all that shit,no one could say that one race started something because believe it or not ppl from other places were doin that shit before any of us were born

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » October 18th, 2009, 8:44 am

MENACE18 wrote:fools of races were doin shit times and times before,like rap,hip hops,blacks may have made it known but people have been rhyming and all that shit for years,saggin,people from other places were probably doin that shit before it hit the sts,gangs,crews all that shit,were around a long time ago,u got gangs hundreds of years ago,irish gangs,immigrant gangs,hispanic gangs,black clubs who turned gangs,zoot suiting,and all that shit,no one could say that one race started something because believe it or not ppl from other places were doin that shit before any of us were born
i wilI respect you more than half these wannab "OMG WE STARTEDTHE ARTFORM". You broke it down like I would honestly!

jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by jdm894g » October 18th, 2009, 8:49 am

mayugastank wrote: Oh so graffiti is a black thing? YEA!! name one black crew out here in the west coast with any respect or that was well known!ONE outside of KWS, their isnt any at all!
Ummmmm lets start back in 87...

TWC(Together We Chill)
NBT (Nothing But Trouble)
NTSk(Next To serve) OGs were mostly black...See FlexOne & Spiro
CCA (Ler, Keen, Zene)
CMA( Castro, Choice, Webb, etc)
RTN(Cre8) Still rocking shit to this day...
BFC had several blacks
SCA

Dont try to down play Black artist out here in SCLA.... props to Design9(WCA) and Mark7

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread post by youngspade » October 18th, 2009, 8:52 am

jdm894g wrote:
mayugastank wrote: Oh so graffiti is a black thing? YEA!! name one black crew out here in the west coast with any respect or that was well known!ONE outside of KWS, their isnt any at all!

TWC(Together We Chill)
CCA (Ler, Keen, Zene)
BFC had several blacks
SCA

Dont try to down play Black artist out here in SCLA.... props to Design9(WCA) and Mark7
Owned much?

Its funny the only unbaised person here was menace he mentioned what needed to be mention and I respect that from coming from him.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 18th, 2009, 1:06 pm

jdm894g wrote:

TWC(Together We Chill)
CCA (Ler, Keen, Zene)
BFC had several blacks
SCA

CMA, TWC < RTN ...who the hell are these monsters from the depth ? you just pulled these crews out the abyss!!never heard of them G. NTSk, is a mexican crew --if they had blacks they werent there in ANY numbers ! why you fronting? can any of these crews hold a flame to OFA-KOS-KCC-Long Beachs-M2K, WEC, ..........massive crews? these crews were HUGE and anyone who was a tagger knew about them . I aint ever heard of those crews you just named. CBS, city bomb squad. Big Ass major crews out in LA. The major crews in COMPTON, WATTS < INGLEWOOD, historically black citys WERE mexican. And you KNOW this!! Claiming blacks were doing it big on the graff scene, WHY LIE?? since we both were taggers why front cuz I can call you on it?? And to tell you on the real tip ANY black dude who I knew growing up who were heavy RAVERS, HOUSERS, TAGGERS, were ALMOST always mexicans with black skin LOKO!!meaning that if they were in those scenes they predom9nantly dressed like mexican taggers, and had predominantly mexican friends. One of the most famous black taggers still doing it is JAHAS, spinning ,cutting records working at POWER 106 , this bROTHA is mexican to the core , his style of dress, the crew he was in EVERYTHING.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » October 19th, 2009, 6:01 pm

personally i think in the graff scene ese's in cali have always more than less dominated it, from south cali to north cali....thats just my opinion tho...

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 19th, 2009, 6:45 pm

ive never seen any black tagger in my life,ive seen asians,hispanics,pacific islanders,but never once a black person,but i know theyres black taggers

rollinthru

Unread post by rollinthru » October 19th, 2009, 8:49 pm

Blacks were and are the innovators of music and dance, and even most slang.
Latinos were the innovators of art and style.

Blacks gave us old school jams, hip hop, rap, r&b, soul, breaking, dancing in general.
Latinos gave tattoos, west coast dress style, customized cars, sick writing styles, and a lot of gang art.

You can't deny this shit.

CHicanos get too proud sometimes, but Blacks are more likely to not give props where they are due. A lot of ego from Blacks, and Chicanos just get pissed because we've done a lot of innovating, and mainstream white bread America attributes them to Black culture, and instead of giving props, a lot of Blacks just accept them.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » October 20th, 2009, 12:11 pm

Oh so graffiti is a black thing? YEA!! name one black crew out here in the west coast with any respect or that was well known!ONE outside of KWS, their isnt any at all!From what I heard Puerto Ricans kicked it off on the East Coast --and it would make sense considering that blacks werent even into that outside of anywere in NYC. Definetly not --in LA for God dam sure. Asians outside of Mexicans were the only Taggers in the LA area, in any numbers...

I was part of the original tagging scene in L.A. It was brought to L.A. by two sources: black people via Hip Hop and white people via the underground art scene. All those movies like Wild Style and Beat Street had a lot to do with it also. I remember seeing plenty of kids of all races doing it. Asians are second biggest writers after Mexicans in L.A.? Be serious! It's obviously white boys after Mexicans. Anytime there's a big graffiti art show it's always a bunch of Chicanos and whites and a few blacks and Asians.

There's some dispute about who started NY/hip hop style graffitti. Some say it was a white kid named Taki, some say it was Philly graffiti writers like Cornbread. Blacks, whites and Puerto Ricans all contributed to it's developement. Tagging has always been a fairly mixed, egalitarian scene.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » October 20th, 2009, 8:57 pm

MENACE18 wrote:ive never seen any black tagger in my life,ive seen asians,hispanics,pacific islanders,but never once a black person,but i know theyres black taggers
your too young.......thats why..........

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 20th, 2009, 9:51 pm

im to young,ive been seeing taggers and crews since i was 5,ive seen hundreds and hundreds of taggers and never once a black one

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 20th, 2009, 10:08 pm

pistolslanga wrote:personally i think in the graff scene ese's in cali have always more than less dominated it, from south cali to north cali....thats just my opinion tho...

Perongregory, I was from the Biggest crew in AMERICA, OFA k , we were predominantly a chicano crew, and alot of homies didnt even write. At one point we were about 4000 deep from LB to SGV to the NORTH . The homies were teh ANTIGANG of the 90s we dressed crazy, red -green , fliped up caps shredded pants, tattooed spray cans on us, and NO ONE had our style NO ONE dressed like US and we WERE the most popular thing in ALL Los Angeles for teh simple fact that we were always throwing the best parties on a large scale,see FOX UNDRCOVER, raves. The majority of the scene during the mid 80s to 95 was all us. We were non violent and kinda just wanted to get wasted and kick it . Thru this time we rented teh LONG BEACHS amphitheater and queen mary bash of 91-93, andI can honestly say taggers from all over LA knew OFA, everyone wanted to be us. Blacks werent really there , perongregory and I aint lying! The KWS were a black crew with respect , but they started getting into SYC and other crip hoods early in the game. And they dressed black. Asian predominantly filipinos, were heavy in the mix SNR, RNSK, STS< STK , big crews of pinoys from Carson Cerritos, LONG BEACH , but blacks???nah man! I aint even fronting ! were just not present. Homeboy above said whites were deep --yea they were aroud, but most dressed like mexicans and acted jsut like us --the group SUBLIME -one of AMericans most famous Alternative groups --were members of KFS, a crew heavily chicano. Look at their getdown, and youll see WHITE-MEXICAN in their lyrics and tattoo style.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 20th, 2009, 10:13 pm

rollinthru wrote:Blacks were and are the innovators of music and dance, and even most slang.

Blacks gave us old school jams, hip hop, rap, r&b, soul, breaking, dancing in general.
Latinos gave tattoos, west coast dress style, customized cars, sick writing styles, and a lot of gang art.

CHicanos get too proud sometimes, but Blacks are more likely to not give props where they are due. A lot of ego from Blacks, and Chicanos just get pissed because we've done a lot of innovating, and mainstream white bread America attributes them to Black culture, and instead of giving props, a lot of Blacks just accept them.

I been saying the same thing over and over again I have not taken one ounce from blacks and MOTOWN, shit ALL MUSIC in AMERICA pretty much! and DAnce and their music goes hand and hand, but man teh way their gangs are structured and the nicknames, and style of dress they have only on the west coast came from mimicing US, not teh other way around. They may sag the dickies or wear their flannels too long but you know we were showing them how to do it first . The way they tattoo themselves now on MTV and BET is 100% off the HOOK , mexican! The writing they and every race uses, the style of designs the placement of tattoos, on and on and on! Thing is copying is the highest form of flattery but it ribs me wrong when THEY then try to say its their style.........

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 20th, 2009, 10:14 pm

rollinthru wrote:Blacks were and are the innovators of music and dance, and even most slang.

I been saying the same thing over and over again I have not taken one ounce from blacks and MOTOWN, shit ALL MUSIC in AMERICA pretty much! and DAnce and their music goes hand and hand, but man teh way their gangs are structured and the nicknames, and style of dress they have only on the west coast came from mimicing US, not teh other way around. They may sag the dickies or wear their flannels too long but you know we were showing them how to do it first . The way they tattoo themselves now on MTV and BET is 100% off the HOOK , mexican! The writing they and every race uses, the style of designs the placement of tattoos, on and on and on! Thing is copying is the highest form of flattery but it ribs me wrong when THEY then try to say its their style.........

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 20th, 2009, 10:19 pm

mayugastank wrote:
jdm894g wrote:

TWC(Together We Chill)
CCA (Ler, Keen, Zene)
BFC had several blacks
SCA

CMA, TWC < RTN ...who the hell are these monsters from the depth ? you just pulled these crews out the abyss!!never heard of them G. NTSk, is a mexican crew --if they had blacks they werent there in ANY numbers ! why you fronting? can any of these crews hold a flame to OFA-KOS-KCC-Long Beachs-M2K, WEC, ..........massive crews? these crews were HUGE and anyone who was a tagger knew about them . I aint ever heard of those crews you just named. CBS, city bomb squad. Big Ass major crews out in LA. The major crews in COMPTON, WATTS < INGLEWOOD, historically black citys WERE mexican. And you KNOW this!! Claiming blacks were doing it big on the graff scene, WHY LIE?? since we both were taggers why front because I can call you on it?? And to tell you on the real tip ANY black dude who I knew growing up who were heavy RAVERS, HOUSERS, TAGGERS, were ALMOST always mexicans with black skin LOKO!!meaning that if they were in those scenes they predom9nantly dressed like mexican taggers, and had predominantly mexican friends. One of the most famous black taggers still doing it is JAHAS, spinning ,cutting records working at POWER 106 , this bROTHA is mexican to the core , his style of dress, the crew he was in EVERYTHING.

COMPTON --biggest crews most well known, KCC, CCG, KOS.

WATTS-WEC--whatevas clever,OFA, KOS

Inglewood--KWS, mexican side and OFA .

I just nameedd the 3 historically black cities in SOCAL, I am being real when I say I cant think of a black crew in any of those citys.........please set me straight! If you can

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 21st, 2009, 7:34 am

is KWS kings with styles

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 21st, 2009, 7:35 am

is KWS kings with styles

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » October 21st, 2009, 12:28 pm

Mayuga,

Why are you bringing tagging into the discussion of who originated what in L.A.? Obviously tagging came from NY. It wasn't started by L.A. Chicanos. It was part of the hip hop/rap movement along with breaking, MCing etc that hit big in the mid 80's. Black people had a lot (to put it mildly) to do with that! Are you seriously denying that?

BPS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: JCKSN

Unread post by BPS » October 22nd, 2009, 1:05 am

The Panch wrote:Not a do, but more like why do so many of em?? Im not trying to say like its anything to brag about but during the midst of black/brown issues in SoCal, alot of times you have blacks trying to shit on Mexicans as a whole and their culture when the reality is, almost all of this L.A. gang culture started with the Chicanos. From the combining of white tees, khakis, dark shades, and using old english lettering to rep their sets, to Surenos wearing blue rags in the pen and Norte wearin red in contrast, and of course the lowriders. That was all Chicano culture before anyone jumped on it. And it was probably the White Fence of Boyle Heights who were the first street gang, but some would debate Maravilla.

My thing is, Mexicans basically created almost all the gang culture that's lasted til now and at the same time, blacks have had big influences in their Chicano culture as well. Pachucos who originally wore Zoot Suits, black jazz clothing, started the culture and the whole "Smile Now, Cry Later" mindframe came from a Smokey Robinson song and West coast gangster rap played a huge part on influencing L.A. Chicanos to rap as well as the late Roger Troutman getting his voice box on. I wonder dont any of these folks like Snoop, who himself used to rap fantasy stories about shanking eses, bring this to the forefront to make L.A. Black and Brown understand they basically built this L.A. G thing together. The Mexicans did the street culture and the Blacks did the musical aspect of it. It just seems to me like since its the gangs doing the killings, maybe both sides could get their ass put in check instead of fools blaming illegals when the vast majority of L.A. ese's backs arent wet.
I DONT FELL TYPING A PAPER RIGHT NOW SO IM JUST GONNA SAY THIS SHIT RITE QUICK:
1.LA CHICANO GANGS ARE ONLY A DECADE OLDER THAN LA BLACK GANGS.
2.ALTHOUGH CHICANO GANGS ARE LITTLE OLDER THEY REALLY DIDNT GET INVOLVED IN MORE SERIOUS CRIMES LIKE THE BLACK GANGS DID. THE FIRST CHICANO GANGS WERE BASICALLY NEIGHBORHOOD YOUTH CLUBS BUT THE FIRST BLACK GANGS WERE INTO RACKETEERING LIKE THE BLACK GANGS IN HARLEM AND SOUTHSIDE CHICAGO.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 22nd, 2009, 8:00 am

nah ive heard of hoods doin shit back in the days,white fence,maravillas,38st,big hazard,clanton14th,crips and bloods may be a few years younger then 18st cuz we started in 1959 and some other hoods that started in the 60s