What "race" is this guy?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 11th, 2007, 1:10 am

How is Ice-T black but some people said the guy I posted is white?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » July 11th, 2007, 1:20 am

well I dont know why people said the dude you posted is white but I guess becasue taht dude has more "caucasian" features and Ice-t has more "negroid" features, but that's all BS. But some of this is discussed in that BBC Brazillian thing i posted

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2107
Joined: July 15th, 2006, 2:32 am
Location: LAND SEA AIR

Unread post by NICKELS » July 11th, 2007, 1:57 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:just adding another mindf*ck.

Ice-T is black...
Image
HE HAS NEGROID FEATURES , WITH LIGHT SKIN ........HENCE " THE TERM LIGHTSKINNED BLACK MAN , BECAUSE OUR RACE IS NORMALLY DARSKIN ,

THAT GUY YOU POSTED IS A TAN MALE WITH MIXED CAUSCASIAN FEATURES , BIG DIFFERENCE, TOO OBVIOUS , RAY CHARLES COULD HAVE DESCRIBED THAT TO STEVIE WONDER.........LOL

YOU HAVE A BI-RACIAL PERSON AND THEN .......YOU HAVE A PERSON WHOS MIXED TO A CERTAIN DEGREE OF PERCENTAGE OF ANOTHER RACES GENETIC TRAITS

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 11th, 2007, 12:51 pm

Nickels you posted several contradicting opinions including a "HALF GOAT" and a "A LOVE CHILD FROM BRAD PITT OR GEORGE BUSH"

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 11th, 2007, 12:57 pm

This man was considered not a black African but an Arab because of the social Arab tradition of assigning race through the father.

And he was a notorious slaver and plantation owner.

Image

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 11th, 2007, 1:03 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:This man was considered not a black African but an Arab because of the social Arab tradition of assigning race through the father.

And he was a notorious slaver and plantation owner.

Image
can u just say what yo brother is...kuz my head hurt with all these mixed arab/african/nubian cultures and are u the same thing???

User avatar
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1909
Joined: September 23rd, 2005, 8:28 am
Location: St.Louis,MO

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 11th, 2007, 1:05 pm

oh yeah and that arab look like uncle tom with a freeway beard....lol

Anesis
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 286
Joined: February 5th, 2005, 6:24 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Unread post by Anesis » July 11th, 2007, 2:15 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:This man was considered not a black African but an Arab because of the social Arab tradition of assigning race through the father.

And he was a notorious slaver and plantation owner.

Image
Who is he?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 11th, 2007, 9:02 pm

Young Deuce wrote:oh yeah and that arab look like uncle tom with a freeway beard....lol
LOL

Anesis that is Ahmed bin Mohamed bin Juma el Marijibi. He sometimes went by Tippu Tip, and he was also the first man to right an autobiography in Swahili. He helped Europeans establish slave trade routes from Eastern Africa to Central Africa and he claimed part of the Belgian's puppet government of the Congo "Free" State as the last slaver in the world (according to the Belgians world view). For this, he went by an Arab identity despite having an unmixed African mother; it was also Arab custom to go by your father's identity which would overrule whatever your mother was.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2107
Joined: July 15th, 2006, 2:32 am
Location: LAND SEA AIR

Unread post by NICKELS » July 11th, 2007, 10:57 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:Nickels you posted several contradicting opinions including a "HALF GOAT" and a "A LOVE CHILD FROM BRAD PITT OR GEORGE BUSH"
THATS A JOKE .OBVIOUSLY ......" MIC HUK A SUK " , HOW EVERYBODY ELSE UNDERSTOOD THAT ..YOU CANT BE THAT DENSE ?! :roll:

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2107
Joined: July 15th, 2006, 2:32 am
Location: LAND SEA AIR

Unread post by NICKELS » July 11th, 2007, 11:06 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:This man was considered not a black African but an Arab because of the social Arab tradition of assigning race through the father.

And he was a notorious slaver and plantation owner.

Image
THATS A BLACK MAN ........HIS FATHER COULD HAVE BEEN A VERY DARK NIXED ARAB TOOO GOING BY THE SAME RULE THAT HE IS WHAT HIS FATHER IS AN ARAB WHEN HE IS ACTALLY A BLACK NEGROID , , DEFINATELY NOT A MIXED CAUCASIAN FEATURED ARAB

ARAB JUST MEANS OF ARABIA ANYWAY , THERE MADE UP OF DIFFERENT RACIAL TYPES

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Unread post by Mcminister » July 12th, 2007, 12:03 am

can u tell us that dude race....im pretty sure he mixed so he basicly ain got no race n if so that means u didnt mind fuck us ( no homo )

soooo he is__________________

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2107
Joined: July 15th, 2006, 2:32 am
Location: LAND SEA AIR

Unread post by NICKELS » July 12th, 2007, 6:53 am

THE HUMAN RACE............AGHH

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 12th, 2007, 1:30 pm

I will post the answer tomorrow. Also analyze some responses.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 13th, 2007, 12:33 pm

Okay let's look at some responses.

Nickels first said
SOME KIND OF ROCK THROWER OR TOWEL HEAD ................LOL , NAH IM JOKING
then guessed some very generic response of several unrelated "brown" people.
Not what if I didn't post that picture of him on the pyramids... would you have guessed any type of "Middle Eastern"? What if I just put the first pic up... would any of you have guessed anything related to either the Middle East or North Africa?

Str8UpMenace said
The man looks egyptian
Again, would you have guessed that without the pyramid picture? And how do you know whether he lived there or if he was a tourist?
Now after I stated that Egyptian was not a race, you guessed Arab (which is also not a race).
Str8UpMenace, you made several posts about how Egyptians were black. You stressed that several times. So when after you said "The man looks egyptian," why did you not guess black? And if he meant the "current Egyptians", then why did you say that "The man looks egyptian" and not "the mad looks like an non-black Arab who invaded Egypt"?
After I said Arab was not a race, you simply stopped guessing rather than saying he was black. Even after I posted a picture of a Nubian family who demonstrated a very similar appearance to the guy that we were guessing about.

Sentenza, you said Greek, but when I said that Greek was a nationality and asked for a race, you avoided guessing any race. Even though Greek is a very homogeneous nation. Why no race guess even after saying Greek?

perongregory said
so what is he black and arab?
Again, if I did not post the pyramid picture or the Nubian picture, would you have guessed black and Arab? You also said
well I dont know why people said the dude you posted is white
Nickels kept making several other responses, some of them joking, but many contradicting, first saying he was mixed with park black, then saying he was not black at all, and so on.

Now ask yourselves, how do you know he lived anywhere near the pyramids? How do you know he is not just another foreign tourist? How do you know he is at all related to Nubians? Just because I posted a pic of him next to their picture?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Unread post by Sentenza » July 13th, 2007, 12:48 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote: Sentenza, you said Greek, but when I said that Greek was a nationality and asked for a race, you avoided guessing any race. Even though Greek is a very homogeneous nation. Why no race guess even after saying Greek?
Because i have my problems with the term race too. But if id had to guess a nationality, i would have guessed greek. Thats what i should have said. My best friend pretty much looks like that and hes Greek, thats why.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 13th, 2007, 1:10 pm

Okay here's his story.

First of all, here in high school he got many random guesses similar to what was shown here. However, no one, at any time, ever said he was black. EVER. Not even mixed, they guessed basically every other race and ethnicity EXCEPT black. We were on a track team and everyone was black, except him. Again, at no point did anyone recognize him as black. Now he had lived in Africa, and when he figured that saying he was "African American" (which he is) would get him more scholarships and such, he put that down. However, every so-called "African American" organization rejected because he was not "black." Interesting... then why use the term "African American" if you mean "black"? And if you mean "black" why do you not include Australian aboriginals and native Filipinos and other non-African "blacks"?


Well this is "what he is." He was born here in America, and he was white. And I don't mean "maybe some kind of Italian or Spanish" white; no I mean white. He then moved to Egypt when he was seven, and when he moved back here in 8th grade, he looked like this. And he never got lighter. He stayed that color. This is why I disagree with some article I say "identifying the white gene" because that doesn't consider the skin's reaction to sunlight.

But he is Egyptian. Both his parents are Egyptian. And from what I heard from him, this is common in Egypt. Almost all children are born white, but get much darker later in life. Except for females. Now this is strange. perongregory once said that the only reason there were different colors in Egyptian paintings was to distinguish male and female. Well here's him with his sisters:
Image
However, I know several other people from Egypt and I noticed a pattern that's so obvious it should be common sense - the more you stay outside you darker your skin becomes. To the point that if you were in high sunlight at a young age your skin will stay that way even without tanning (it will become your natural state). Again, from what I here from Egyptians this is a very common trend.

Ethnically, they identify as Arab. However, Egypt is a "melting pot" of the Middle East. They know that their family has lived in Egypt for thousands of years from records, but their last name is somewhat rare. Their father once found a place with their last name in Lebanon, so it is possible that they originated from there at some point. However, this would only be identifiable by each male's side (meaning this may not be representative of DNA). Anyways, no one in Egypt thinks that they are anything but Egyptian.

Their own conclusion? They are Caucasian; Silencioso was the only one to see it.

Here's an interesting picture I found:
Image
It was labeled Libyan, Nubian, Syrian, and Egyptian. The Lower/Northern Egyptians have always saw themselves as their own race, as did Upper/Souther Egyptians (Nubians).

The dude I posted is the spitting image of Ramses, Tutankhamen, and the picture of an Egyptian above. Yet the people who said the ancient Egyptians were black refused to say that this guy was black. Why?

This man (M. W. Fard the "Original Blackman")
Image
This man Elijah Muhammad (the link bar is there because I got this and the above image direct from the NOI website, check the image url)
Image

And Louis Farrakhan
Image

Are readily called black. Them, of all people. Why not this guy? Hm....

Oh, and of course JESUS. People here were going crazy over selected words such as "feet like burning bronze" and "hair like wool" to say he was black (even when the feet like bronze clearly meant glowing since the verses before also say his face was glowing white). So I show you a man whose entire skin is like bronze and hair like wool (you can't tell now because it's short) but no one said black. You would guess stronger off selective words than a photo? Imagine if we had a photo of Jesus, how many people would try to claim him off of what they only wanted to see?


Just something to think about.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 13th, 2007, 1:11 pm

Sentenza wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote: Sentenza, you said Greek, but when I said that Greek was a nationality and asked for a race, you avoided guessing any race. Even though Greek is a very homogeneous nation. Why no race guess even after saying Greek?
Because i have my problems with the term race too. But if id had to guess a nationality, i would have guessed greek. Thats what i should have said. My best friend pretty much looks like that and hes Greek, thats why.
Yeah, look at my latest post for answers. Many Mediterranean people choose to say that Mediterranean is a class in itself since they interacted with each other so much, and Egyptian is Mediterranean.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » July 13th, 2007, 1:38 pm

he still a caucasian arab descended from those who invaded Egypt. The copts look like him. and he doesn't look like king tut or ramses with their big lips and round noses, nor does he have the hair of the original Egyptians. He looks like my friend from Yemen in fact.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » July 13th, 2007, 1:40 pm

I didn't mean Ramses, I meant Ahkneatan.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 13th, 2007, 1:58 pm

That's what I said, he is Caucasian. In fact that was my point. He is Caucasian, so why are MW Fard, Elijah Muhammad, Farrakhan black? Why do people say Jesus is black based on feet like bronze and hair like wool, but when I show a physical photo of a man with that description it is easy to see he is Caucasian?

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 13th, 2007, 2:53 pm

blah blah blah, blah blah blah, I won where's my god damn prize!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 13th, 2007, 3:38 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:That's what I said, he is Caucasian. In fact that was my point. He is Caucasian, so why are MW Fard, Elijah Muhammad, Farrakhan black? Why do people say Jesus is black based on feet like bronze and hair like wool, but when I show a physical photo of a man with that description it is easy to see he is Caucasian?
I realized this quote might be taken the wrong way.

My point is, it is pointless to argue whether someone whom we have absolutely no physical evidence of is black or not, especially when none of you could agree on a picture of a person we can see right now who matches that same description. This goes for both the ancient Egyptians and Jesus.

And my larger point is that we are all the same human race, and that all race is defined by social opinion rather than scientific fact since the guy I posted should have more a right to say he is black than MW Fard, Elijah Muhammad, and Louis Farrakhan based on your own previous definitions of "black" traits.

And EmperorPenguin, by a strange coincidence the prize is getting to be the Emperor of Penguins. Sorry, it's sort of like living in LA and winning a trip to LA.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » July 13th, 2007, 3:53 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:That's what I said, he is Caucasian. In fact that was my point. He is Caucasian, so why are MW Fard, Elijah Muhammad, Farrakhan black? Why do people say Jesus is black based on feet like bronze and hair like wool, but when I show a physical photo of a man with that description it is easy to see he is Caucasian?
I realized this quote might be taken the wrong way.

My point is, it is pointless to argue whether someone whom we have absolutely no physical evidence of is black or not, especially when none of you could agree on a picture of a person we can see right now who matches that same description. This goes for both the ancient Egyptians and Jesus.

And my larger point is that we are all the same human race, and that all race is defined by social opinion rather than scientific fact since the guy I posted should have more a right to say he is black than MW Fard, Elijah Muhammad, and Louis Farrakhan based on your own previous definitions of "black" traits.

And EmperorPenguin, by a strange coincidence the prize is getting to be the Emperor of Penguins. Sorry, it's sort of like living in LA and winning a trip to LA.

Son of a bitch! You and your under-handed trickery! I shall have my revenge! :evil:

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » July 13th, 2007, 5:05 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:That's what I said, he is Caucasian. In fact that was my point. He is Caucasian, so why are MW Fard, Elijah Muhammad, Farrakhan black? Why do people say Jesus is black based on feet like bronze and hair like wool, but when I show a physical photo of a man with that description it is easy to see he is Caucasian?
where is the hair like wool on that dude? but that is insignificant. not to mention anyway I know there is racial admixture in his genealogy, but he leans more to his caucasain base.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » July 13th, 2007, 5:07 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:That's what I said, he is Caucasian. In fact that was my point. He is Caucasian, so why are MW Fard, Elijah Muhammad, Farrakhan black? Why do people say Jesus is black based on feet like bronze and hair like wool, but when I show a physical photo of a man with that description it is easy to see he is Caucasian?
I realized this quote might be taken the wrong way.

My point is, it is pointless to argue whether someone whom we have absolutely no physical evidence of is black or not, especially when none of you could agree on a picture of a person we can see right now who matches that same description. This goes for both the ancient Egyptians and Jesus.

And my larger point is that we are all the same human race, and that all race is defined by social opinion rather than scientific fact since the guy I posted should have more a right to say he is black than MW Fard, Elijah Muhammad, and Louis Farrakhan based on your own previous definitions of "black" traits.

And EmperorPenguin, by a strange coincidence the prize is getting to be the Emperor of Penguins. Sorry, it's sort of like living in LA and winning a trip to LA.
we do have physical evidence on teh Egyptians, you just haven't studied and researched hard enough.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 13th, 2007, 5:30 pm

What about Jesus? Besides the selected few verses what do we have?

As for Egyptians there are two groups that make up Egyptians, and yes Nubians/Upper Egyptians are black.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » July 13th, 2007, 5:50 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:What about Jesus? Besides the selected few verses what do we have?

As for Egyptians there are two groups that make up Egyptians, and yes Nubians/Upper Egyptians are black.
you know that even though you are attacking the construct of race in general, the manner you have chosen to attack it -staging an experiment with an insignificant test group to show that people cannot tell the difference between diametrically opposed races when not given proper context- comes off biased and one sided? Why? Because you are using your "findings" in an attempt to stop those who believe that Jesus and other historical peoples/groups are black, when the original reason these challenges and beliefs sprung up was because the general populace was lied to in the first place about these people's race/ethnicities. So instead of worrying about blacks or others who feel that Jesus/egyptians/whoever is black, why dont you worry about those who have falsified history and continue to do so in order to support their claims and supremacy?

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » July 13th, 2007, 5:57 pm

Damnit this is the problem with the world. I meant this as a general attack on any retrofitting of modern concepts of race on historically significant people and even people in the world today. Not the stuff you just posted.

I'm saying the current definitions of race don't make sense. Alright I'm done with this thread, you can take the posts I made however you want.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Unread post by perongregory » July 13th, 2007, 6:05 pm

But I am right. You have to be careful how you attack these things and you were one sided.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 940
Joined: July 26th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Unread post by DC » July 13th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Sorry but that guy is not caucasian, he is a semite, even though he was born with pale skin he is still a semite, therefore not white caucasian.

Str8UpMenace
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 118
Joined: March 2nd, 2005, 6:02 pm

Unread post by Str8UpMenace » July 13th, 2007, 6:38 pm

He was born white(pale) then turned brown while living in egypt?

well you dont turn dark skinned unless u already have that genes in your blood and a white person from europe doesn't turn dark skinned in the sun instead he turns redddish so u cant say the pyhsical envoirment changes a race and the middle east is the melting point where many races have come and left their genes there but the original people of the area are dark skinned

and MiChuhSuh i think your just trying to make exusive concept of what race really is and are in denial or just cant take the truth when you hear about certain races physical characteristics whether present or past becuase they conflict with what you thought your idea of race was.

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”