browns saying nigga

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
B.M.W-Soldier
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: browns saying nigga

Unread post by B.M.W-Soldier » December 6th, 2004, 11:11 am

epun wrote:If you study the history of culture and people as I do, then you would know better than to use the term "nigger" or "nigga", paticularly if you're not black. If you truly understood the lack of integrity and character it takes to refer to someone as "nigga", then you would immediatly not include that term in your everyday talk. I understand between black people how we tend to use the term as sort of endearing and homie-like with each other. Now, latinos, chicanos, filipinos, whites, etc...regularly use this term without any reprecussions or actions taken. I personally won't respond to to any post if you refer to me as "nigga". I prefer "brother" or "brotha". I don't care if slavery ended 200 years ago or that the civil rights war was 40 years ago, it is wrong and ignorant to refer to that term, period. It shows me you lack a complete vocabularly and have no respect for yourself or others around you. Oh and by the way, I used that term EVERYDAY until I was 17 and someone had the presence of mind to tell me how ignorant I sounded and then proceeded to give me the books "The souls of black folk" by WEB DuBois and the "Autobiography of Malcom X" by Alex Haley. If you read these books and still feel the urge for the word nigga, then you need some help.
I feel what your saying but a word is still a word just like if I came to you and said mama guevo if your not spanish or domican for that matter you wouldn't know what I'm saying people give words empowerment and you running away from the word or just associating the word with blacks gives the word and the people who made the word all the power in they need to continue to demean blacks and put them in a state of frenzy over the word.And by the way Dubois was a sellout mason

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » December 6th, 2004, 9:02 pm

i think it coo when blacks using the word but i think everyone else look foolish when they say it

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: L.A.

Unread post by raphead2001 » December 7th, 2004, 2:55 pm

im black and i say it on sometimes but i don't really say it as that much as i used to.

epun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by epun » December 7th, 2004, 3:13 pm

B.M.W-Soldier wrote:I feel what your saying but a word is still a word just like if I came to you and said mama guevo if your not spanish or domican for that matter you wouldn't know what I'm saying people give words empowerment and you running away from the word or just associating the word with blacks gives the word and the people who made the word all the power in they need to continue to demean blacks and put them in a state of frenzy over the word.And by the way Dubois was a sellout mason
1. Nigger is not word, it is a derogatory term that was/is used against blacks for the purposes of degredation. is, of, term, people...those are words, homie.

2. In this situation, you empower people by giving them the right or excusing their behavior when they use that term. usually, lack of education or lack of understanding one's culture will lead to that type of ingnorance.

3. Your spanish example has no relevance whatsoever."Nigger" is a term expressed in english, not spanish, so everyone speaking english WILL understand it.

4. The term "nigger" is no longer an expression of hate or demise. now it is commonly used as a term of endearment or affection, ex: "i love my niggas" or "that's my nigga". The "frenzy" as you put it, seems to be headed in opposite direction towards acceptance. people who accept/enjoy being called "nigger" or "nigga" have never been enslaved, never fought for civil rights or have no understanding of their past, present or future.

5. I am a Prince Hall Mason, hailing from Tyre Lodge #29 in Newark, NJ. Can you please articulate to me what you mean by DuBois being a sellout mason? and how does a mason sellout?

BfKCmOney
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BfKCmOney » January 1st, 2005, 2:35 pm

BABY_LOCS wrote:YEA I'VE NOTICED MORE P-RICANS SAYIN NIGGA THO...PERSONALLY, I DONT USE THAT BUT I SAY ESE,HOMES, SHIT LIKE THAT...AND YEA ITS TRUE THAT P-RICANS GOT **WAY** MORE AFRICAN BLOOD THEN US MEXICANS
Yeah Vato
Man I hate seeing other Mexicans using that word man
Like damn that aint our word we got tons of others
and you guys wanna use
the word nigga bc its so popular in the media
We got words like Ese,Vato,Wey,Homie,Compa,and Paisa and we should use only those
I believe only blacks should use that word and I aint hating Im just speaking my mind.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 1st, 2005, 3:03 pm

Why is it so much worse when white people say it then?

cuz nowadays.. it seems to be more tensions between blacks & hispanics than between black & Whites..

anyway.. i think its foolish and looks stupid when a "non-black" says "nigga"..

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » January 1st, 2005, 3:10 pm

naw man they still a gang of whites who hate blacks

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 1st, 2005, 3:43 pm

yeah i know

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » January 1st, 2005, 6:16 pm

I happen to be mexican and have never used the word nigga. I heard some mexicans say it and, I find it ridicoulus. It sounds very bizarre to me coming from a mexican so when, I hear a mexican talk like that, I just tell them why are you talking like that.

It's like a black dude saying "que onda ese" it just sounds weird.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 2nd, 2005, 12:29 pm

mexicans only speak spanish because the spaniards conquered mexico....so ''que onda ese'' is not really a mexican saying...its spanish.

Mexicans do not speak thier original language.Blacks do not speak our original languages(in america).We both speak the language of people who conquered/enslaved our people.
Last edited by blackmanofhonor on January 2nd, 2005, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 2nd, 2005, 1:18 pm

were the mexicans also brought to america as slaves??

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 2nd, 2005, 1:23 pm

no,they werent.Only blacks were brought here against thier will to be slaves.

Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » January 5th, 2005, 8:26 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:mexicans only speak spanish because the spaniards conquered mexico....so ''que onda ese'' is not really a mexican saying...its spanish.
What are you talking about it's mexican slang how can it be spanish. I doubt spaniards in spain say "que onda ese" yes their spanish words but it's a mexican slang.

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » November 22nd, 2005, 9:17 am

I aint never heard a mexican say nigga PR yeah all the time when I was in florida same with cubans.Mexicans I thought use there own slang cuz cubans and puerto ricans have blaccs threw their regions.I always thought puerto ricans and mexicans dont get along.

hmaurs

Unread post by hmaurs » November 22nd, 2005, 8:49 pm

:shock: I think we as black people should not use the word. Its an insulting name.

But I think other races use it cuzz its used so much in music, every race wanna rap now. So really what you see al over is everyone emulating the hated blackman. Kinda funny, they hate us but wanna be like us. Like this mexican rap group here they say my nigga in they rhyme, but they all mexican and dress in sean john. It all comes from the music.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » November 22nd, 2005, 8:54 pm

hmaurs wrote::shock: I think we as black people should not use the word. Its an insulting name.

But I think other races use it cuzz its used so much in music, every race wanna rap now. So really what you see al over is everyone emulating the hated blackman. Kinda funny, they hate us but wanna be like us. Like this mexican rap group here they say my nigga in they rhyme, but they all mexican and dress in sean john. It all comes from the music.

Some interesting points...

black
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Location: "It is the racist who creates the inferior." fanon.

Unread post by black » November 23rd, 2005, 1:39 am

hmaurs wrote:But I think other races use it cuzz its used so much in music, every race wanna rap now.
exactly. they listen to to much rap and think that shit cool. where i'm from we don't allow that shit if you ain't blac you ain't got no business say the shit.
i don't here to many ese's usin it unless they b or c. i here alot of ricans, arabs and whites usin it though but what trips me out is the fact these mofo's be sayin nigga like it ain't shit to trip off of but then they get upset when you call them a wetbac, spic, towel head, craccer or alien(white folks, don't they look like aliens, lol boi i tell ya they aint from this planet).

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » November 24th, 2005, 2:07 am

Even though its known in NYC Puerto Ricans and Blacks have not always got along as best friends, they share the same hate for mexicans on the east coast and target esses as they see them as easy targets.
But PRs were using "Nigga" in the late 80s.

Read "In Search of Respect" by Phillipe Burgouis and you'll see that the people who are in the book are Puerto Ricans who speak Black Slang and love black culture but dont think too highly of em.

UmanH-ay

Unread post by UmanH-ay » November 24th, 2005, 2:07 am

Even though its known in NYC Puerto Ricans and Blacks have not always got along as best friends, they share the same hate for mexicans on the east coast and target esses as they see them as easy targets.
But PRs were using "Nigga" in the late 80s.

Read "In Search of Respect" by Phillipe Burgouis and you'll see that the people who are in the book are Puerto Ricans who speak Black Slang and love black culture but dont think too highly of em.

Mexican:.805
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mexican:.805 » November 24th, 2005, 10:31 pm

ey who u think would win in a war SURENOS from Cali or KINgs from Nueva york? haha
and as far as NIGGa, i never say that word, its dissrespectful first, and people would say in "acting black". i hate when mexicans use that word too, fuk 4reals. not many blax where i live, make up less then 5 % of population, but i got bout 5 blak friends. never call em niggas or use that word

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » November 24th, 2005, 10:52 pm

Shit cuz i'm blacc and I know them surenos would fucc them latin kings up.Puerto Ricans in NY are pretty boys they would c to concerned that they timberlands got scuffed or there hair got messed up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kingterp
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kingterp » November 24th, 2005, 11:28 pm

All this hate shit needs to stop I here its getting real bad in Compton

kingterp
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by kingterp » November 25th, 2005, 12:17 am

You know the only way a Mexican guy would call a black man a Nigger was if its like 6 Mexicans and only one black guy by him self. That's how Mexicans do things on that real bitch tip.

blakman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blakman » November 25th, 2005, 5:16 pm

Mexicans only tough talk when they out number somebody. Sh_t to be honest with you, I would to if I was only 5'8 and weighed 130 pound (which alot of mexicans are) :lol: Damn, I wouldn't want to fight you either if you had 5 to 7 inches on me and where packing 50 more pounds then I had on me. Now, if I knew I out numbered you than shit, I'd be talking sh_t to. :lol:.......but on the real alot of they hate has to do with jealousy and insecurity, it's really that simple. I mean they will shoot a black man, because they women is on our d_ck. Don't be mad a the black man, be mad at your women! No!! Don't be mad at your women, you should be mad at your damnselves, because if you where holding it down with your women like you are suppose to, then you wouldn't need to worry about what the hell the black man was doing! Now, I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm a fan of interracial dating, because by no means I'm I a fan of it, but let's just say a slew of sisters was to make the decision to start going out with mexican males like their women do with us :lol: .......Take a minute to think about that one. :lol: But, lets say sisters did that, do you think that black males would be shooting mexicans in the back like that? Hell no! You know why, because we ain't insecure like that! Funny thing is they be talking all that La Raza thing and how much they hate niggers or mayates, but they be walking, talkings and acting like the mayates they hate so damn much. :roll: I'm like what the fu_k! Do you see us trying to be mexicans and walking around with sumbreros(don't know if it's spelled like this) on our heads and walking around with our pants all the way to middle of our stomic do you? Hell no cause we know that shit looks rediculous! The mayne point i'm trying to make is to stop the dick riding and stop hating on the black man! 8) Why do I say that, because it just makes you look envious of us. Just like the other races. Haters!

Mexican:.805
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mexican:.805 » November 26th, 2005, 11:31 am

blackman ur an idiot. its not the mexiCans who dress black that r fueding with blax, its others. mexicans acting blak embrace the blak culture, they luv blax i suppose. and a small majority of mExicans don't like blax, only some southsiders. and lastly, u live in JErsey, so homeboi don't speak on mexicans and Cali, u dont know a dam thing

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread post by RuthlessCray » November 26th, 2005, 11:39 am

blakman wrote:Mexicans only tough talk when they out number somebody. Sh_t to be honest with you, I would to if I was only 5'8 and weighed 130 pound (which alot of mexicans are) :lol: Damn, I wouldn't want to fight you either if you had 5 to 7 inches on me and where packing 50 more pounds then I had on me. Now, if I knew I out numbered you than shit, I'd be talking sh_t to. :lol:.......but on the real alot of they hate has to do with jealousy and insecurity, it's really that simple. I mean they will shoot a black man, because they women is on our d_ck. Don't be mad a the black man, be mad at your women! No!! Don't be mad at your women, you should be mad at your damnselves, because if you where holding it down with your women like you are suppose to, then you wouldn't need to worry about what the hell the black man was doing! Now, I'm not gonna sit here and act like I'm a fan of interracial dating, because by no means I'm I a fan of it, but let's just say a slew of sisters was to make the decision to start going out with mexican males like their women do with us :lol: .......Take a minute to think about that one. :lol: But, lets say sisters did that, do you think that black males would be shooting mexicans in the back like that? Hell no! You know why, because we ain't insecure like that! Funny thing is they be talking all that La Raza thing and how much they hate niggers or mayates, but they be walking, talkings and acting like the mayates they hate so damn much. :roll: I'm like what the fu_k! Do you see us trying to be mexicans and walking around with sumbreros(don't know if it's spelled like this) on our heads and walking around with our pants all the way to middle of our stomic do you? Hell no cause we know that shit looks rediculous! The mayne point i'm trying to make is to stop the dick riding and stop hating on the black man! 8) Why do I say that, because it just makes you look envious of us. Just like the other races. Haters!

You are full of shit bitch. you are as racist as it gets. everything you said, can be turned around the other way. i can think of many things Ive seen with my onw eyes that proves you wrong. keep hating punk

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guage12 » November 26th, 2005, 8:32 pm

I dont think anybody thats non-black should be saying the word period.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 27th, 2005, 2:41 pm

Guage12 wrote:I dont think anybody thats non-black should be saying the word period.
Well if there's is something innately, naturally wrong with a word, then no one "should" say it. Just like fu-k, damn,, sh*t, B*tch, etc etc etc there is something offensive in the word, and thus no one should say it, so the same should go with n*gga, no one should say it.

By the way, did anyone see that Chappelle's Show episode with the white family with the last name Nigger? haha I don't really like Chappelle but that episode was hilarious

Oaktown_G
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown_G » November 27th, 2005, 3:12 pm

It does not bother me like it used to but it aint that bad to hear a brown say it but it dont sound right comin out of a whites mouth to me.I got cousins that are half mexican I listen to them say it all the time.

DMP

Unread post by DMP » December 5th, 2005, 10:15 pm

According to freedictionary.com, "nigga" means an offensive name for a black person: only a black can call another black a nigga".

The definition aint even right. I think this is more of a "where you grow up" and who you associate with kinda thing. I live in the Jersey/NYC area and part of my life I lived in a small town in Jersey. The black people that lived there didnt even use that word to each other. Probably because there wasnt much slang/street talk being used in that town. Then I moved to a city closer to NYC, and the word is used alot, by blacks, puerto ricans, and some other ethnic groups.

Some of you may say it aint right if a white person says it. Is it right for a black to call a white a nigga?

I really do think it has alot to do with what area you live in and the type of people living there. Where I live, the word "nigga" is just another word for "dude". Some may or may not feel comfortable saying it or hearing it, but like I said before, it depends on how you were brought up and who you associate with. Im sure that word is used alot more freely than other areas and thats why im saying that I think this is more of a cultural thing than the color of your skin.

If you have to be black(meaning dark skinned) to say nigga, than I guess im in the wrong even tho im part black but not dark at all. Its stupid for those of you who think that. Just think......20-25+ years, the US is going to be so much more diverse.

Just my 2 cents.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 6th, 2005, 12:48 am

What about getting called that to? People say n*gga to me all the time and I'm not even black, and do that to a lot of people

And you're right, it's dumb, either everyone can say it or no one, this only "black people can say it" is BS, that is like saying only women can say "b*tch" or something, that is retarded

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » December 6th, 2005, 12:49 am

DMP wrote:According to freedictionary.com, "nigga" means an offensive name for a black person: only a black can call another black a nigga".
Not only is the definition wrong, like you said, the way people say it, it's like it just mean "guy" or "dude"

Instead of ladies and gentlemen, it's b*tches and n*ggas, that's kinda sad