why don't white people believe in spanking there kids

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Christina Marie
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 22nd, 2007, 6:26 pm

A Ghost wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:Well I dont know about other parents but I feel there are better ways of disciplining a child than physical violence. It only teaches a child to be violent and solve their problems with violence. I spanked my son a total of 3xs in his life and only for things that were dangerous to himself. Like crossing the street for instance. He never did that again. And no, he was never a discipline problem.
Did your son every get into trouble with the law?
Once for having a bottle of beer, he was under 21. I am not trying to make excuses for him because he WAS with a group of guys and they were drinking. The cops asked whose it was and nobody would speak up. You know how cops do....they said somebody better admit to it or they all would get rolled up, so he stepped up. And yes the kid who it belonged to did get a little schooling after the fact ;) Thats it though. And I am not saying we didnt have our share of problems when he was a teenager, we did. But for the most part he has been a good boy and he learns from his mistakes and is now a better man because of them.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 22nd, 2007, 6:30 pm

rocstar wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:Well I dont know about other parents but I feel there are better ways of disciplining a child than physical violence. It only teaches a child to be violent and solve their problems with violence. I spanked my son a total of 3xs in his life and only for things that were dangerous to himself. Like crossing the street for instance. He never did that again. And no, he was never a discipline problem.
So the spanking worked. In some instances like the example you used you spanked because of the severity of the offense. All kids dont need to be spanked others do. I dont believe it teaches violence either, I think its teaches that there is a steady increase in the severity of punishment for bad behavior.

Children need to understand this, because your child or my child can be taken away for life for a momentary laspe in judgement. But there is a much greater chance that mines will. Thats why I believe more Black and Latino families punish with spanking. Our children have a laspe in judgement, they could be in jail for a very long time. Your children have a laspe in judgement it usually isnt to the same extent. My son understands what would make me "whoop" him and why. I have explained to him many times that if the people take him for doing something wrong, something that isnt uncommon in his community it is nothing I, his mother or anyone else can do. They will put him prison for life. It's unfair for a parent not to make his children understand this and understand as a child as behavior problems excalate so does the punishment that goes along with it. And it's not just at home but in society as well, and their punishment is much worse.
I agree completely. Good post!!!

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 22nd, 2007, 6:33 pm

KINGFEAR62 wrote:9 times out of 10 its mostly those lil white kids that act wild in public rolling around on the floor screaming cuzz there mom or dad won't buy them a toy and only a fool thinks something is wrong with spanking there child and black/latinos have way more respect for there parents than white kids I remember back when I was a teenager seeing white kids cursing at there parents in public like it was no big deal
Oh Lord my son never would have done that. I always wonder what is wrong with the parents when I see them allowing that.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 22nd, 2007, 6:35 pm

Sentenza wrote:
LcBwC wrote:Adding...you have some kids that were beat all their damn life and still go out into society and act a damn fool.
I would go as far as saying that those that have been beaten the worst, also act the worst, thats at least from my experience.
Mine also

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 22nd, 2007, 6:43 pm

I had a 2hr layover at an airport this last week and this topic came to mind as I watched some kids horsing around. After that I was on the lookout for kids misbehaving and you know what I saw? I saw kids of all races acting like little asses, lol. I saw 2 white girls running around like wild things while the parents sat there and did nothing. I saw a little black boy screaming his fucking head off repeatedly while the mother did nothing and I saw a whole brood of Latino kids playing keep away with the younger ones basketball, letting it fly where it may. And none of these parents cared enough to discipline their kids. So I dont think it has anything to do with race.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Long Beach

Unread post by LcBwC » August 22nd, 2007, 10:27 pm

I think its just a common belief that whites dont spank their kids or that white mothers are pushovers. It comes from a time where the mentality was either white or black

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 22nd, 2007, 10:28 pm

Christina Marie wrote:I had a 2hr layover at an airport this last week and this topic came to mind as I watched some kids horsing around. After that I was on the lookout for kids misbehaving and you know what I saw? I saw kids of all races acting like little asses, lol. I saw 2 white girls running around like wild things while the parents sat there and did nothing. I saw a little black boy screaming his #%@&#%@ head off repeatedly while the mother did nothing and I saw a whole brood of Latino kids playing keep away with the younger ones basketball, letting it fly where it may. And none of these parents cared enough to discipline their kids. So I dont think it has anything to do with race.
Its all about the kid and the parent. White kids arent the only ones that act a damn fool.
Sorry to hear you didnt C an asian for the report haha...

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 23rd, 2007, 6:12 am

I have never seen a asian kid act wild in public to me they always seem shy and quite I live in the north side of the bronx so I see black and jamaican kids act wild in public all the time but never right in front of there parents the only kids I see that act out and yell and scream at there parents in public are white kids and I have seen it many times

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 23rd, 2007, 6:59 am

Asian kids get they ass whooped, believe me on that.
Asian people in general are told from a young age that doing bad things will bring shame to yourself and The Family.
Doing anything that could make somebody think or say your parents have questionable parenting skills is a guaranteed whoop ass.
add in the fact that when we're young our moms like to show us off to the other moms in the neighborhood and you got all types of pressure on a kid to not mess up.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 23rd, 2007, 11:26 am

LcBwC wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:I had a 2hr layover at an airport this last week and this topic came to mind as I watched some kids horsing around. After that I was on the lookout for kids misbehaving and you know what I saw? I saw kids of all races acting like little asses, lol. I saw 2 white girls running around like wild things while the parents sat there and did nothing. I saw a little black boy screaming his #%@&#%@ head off repeatedly while the mother did nothing and I saw a whole brood of Latino kids playing keep away with the younger ones basketball, letting it fly where it may. And none of these parents cared enough to discipline their kids. So I dont think it has anything to do with race.
Its all about the kid and the parent. White kids arent the only ones that act a damn fool.
Sorry to hear you didnt C an asian for the report haha...
Nope I was on the lookout though :wink:

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » August 23rd, 2007, 11:54 am

EmperorPenguin wrote:
Cold Bear wrote:You're taking this personal penguin.

It's just a simple observation that's based on dude's experience. White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids. But, like Young Deuce said, there is the flip side to that, which is I see a gang of black kids all the time in the streets at 1 in the morning (kids are like 10 years old) standing in traffic, #%@&#%@ with taxi drivers etc. That's bad parenting too. The issue is not bad parenting in general but frustration that you see some kids whiling out IN FRONT of their parents, getting scolded, and being like "fu-- YOU BITCH!" (in baby voice). LOL

It's something that people of color notice all the time, people been talking about this subject since in my middle school days, is this the first time you've heard about this?
"ur own child must roll around and yell when u say ur not gonna buy them something"

That made it personal, not me. And your broad generalization of "White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids." seems silly coming from someone like you, who I know is on a higher educated level then KINGFEAR. You can say that, and you can believe it but that's as much a stereotype as some stupid white person saying "Black people steal more then white people" because he feels he's seen more black people caught stealing. If you want to say that you've seen it because that's what you're exposed to that's fine, but to try to put it off as fact, and back it up with made up stats of "9 out of 10" then you're only kidding yourself. Bad kids are bad kids, bad parents are bad parents, it has nothing to do with their skin colour.
i cant even lie we do steal more than white people percentage wise.....i dont take it personal.......

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 23rd, 2007, 12:00 pm

$outhPhillypuppet wrote:Asian kids get they ass whooped, believe me on that.
Asian people in general are told from a young age that doing bad things will bring shame to yourself and The Family.
Doing anything that could make somebody think or say your parents have questionable parenting skills is a guaranteed whoop ass.
add in the fact that when we're young our moms like to show us off to the other moms in the neighborhood and you got all types of pressure on a kid to not mess up.
Shaming the family is death worthy in alot of those circles...
though I think it takes a lil more than the kid screaming and running around a store foolishly.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 23rd, 2007, 12:00 pm

Young Deuce wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:

It's just a simple observation that's based on dude's experience. White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids. But, like Young Deuce said, there is the flip side to that, which is I see a gang of black kids all the time in the streets at 1 in the morning (kids are like 10 years old) standing in traffic, #%@&#%@ with taxi drivers etc. That's bad parenting too. The issue is not bad parenting in general but frustration that you see some kids whiling out IN FRONT of their parents, getting scolded, and being like "fu-- YOU BITCH!" (in baby voice). LOL

It's something that people of color notice all the time, people been talking about this subject since in my middle school days, is this the first time you've heard about this?
"ur own child must roll around and yell when u say ur not gonna buy them something"

That made it personal, not me. And your broad generalization of "White kids DO talk to their parents any old way they want to AT A HIGHER RATE then black kids." seems silly coming from someone like you, who I know is on a higher educated level then KINGFEAR. You can say that, and you can believe it but that's as much a stereotype as some stupid white person saying "Black people steal more then white people" because he feels he's seen more black people caught stealing. If you want to say that you've seen it because that's what you're exposed to that's fine, but to try to put it off as fact, and back it up with made up stats of "9 out of 10" then you're only kidding yourself. Bad kids are bad kids, bad parents are bad parents, it has nothing to do with their skin colour.
i cant even lie we do steal more than white people percentage wise.....i dont take it personal.......
That would all be relative to where you are in the world, and that doesn't necessarily reflect the whole population in general, which was really my point. If that's the environment you live in then so be it. I couldn't very well pass off a comment like that as fact because it would be nearly impossible to prove and it wouldn't have anything to do with the skin colour of the person to determine whether or not they were a criminal, which was my other point.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 23rd, 2007, 12:01 pm

Young Deuce wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:

Steal more? Doubt it. Get caught/targeted more...most def.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » August 23rd, 2007, 12:05 pm

I assume you mean primarily Japanese and Chinese families? We have a large population of Filipinos up here and the exact opposite is true. I think a reason that Japanese and Chinese children are commonly seen as well behaved is because those family hold onto those traditions quite well. I think most kids in todays age aren't nearly as well behaved as a generation or two ago, regardless of skin colour. I know in my generation if you acted up in public or stepped out of line someone would correct you, teachers, family members, close friends. You can't do that anymore, most parents seem afraid to parent or don't care to parent. I think the values of parenting have been lost in this generation for whatever reason, but it has nothing to do with skin colour.

$outhPhillypuppet
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Oregon
What city do you live in now?: over there

Unread post by $outhPhillypuppet » August 23rd, 2007, 12:10 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
I assume you mean primarily Japanese and Chinese families? We have a large population of Filipinos up here and the exact opposite is true. I think a reason that Japanese and Chinese children are commonly seen as well behaved is because those family hold onto those traditions quite well. I think most kids in todays age aren't nearly as well behaved as a generation or two ago, regardless of skin colour. I know in my generation if you acted up in public or stepped out of line someone would correct you, teachers, family members, close friends. You can't do that anymore, most parents seem afraid to parent or don't care to parent. I think the values of parenting have been lost in this generation for whatever reason, but it has nothing to do with skin colour.
True.
kids these days fuckin up period regardless of skin color.

LcBwC
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by LcBwC » August 23rd, 2007, 12:13 pm

EmperorPenguin wrote:
Ya know u have a point. People take offense now if someone else steps in and "parents" their child. Parenting has changed over generations, I cant say that values have been lost tho. Probably has alot to do with people becoming parents alot younger now 2.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » August 23rd, 2007, 1:02 pm

LcBwC wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:
EmperorPenguin wrote:

Steal more? Doubt it. Get caught/targeted more...most def.
yeah racial profiling is a big aspect....just a few minutes ago i just walked 2 this corner store and i was by the candy and i was diggin in my pockets a long time and this loud mouth chick said"he backed their a long time" when i found some change she said "it took u that long".....so now im like fuck that store go to the otha 1 from now on....

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » August 23rd, 2007, 1:08 pm

The way I look it is like this . . . Educate your kids by example first of all.

If you're going to try and teach them not to steal or lie, but then you go lie about shit in front of them or cheat on something, well you know what? Them kids lear from you, more so than anybody else. If you're going to use the belt and mean language on them, guess what? They're going to learn up hos to use it themselves. If you're going to say to them that drugs are no good, but then turn around and down that can or bottle, well gues what? They're going to see that you're full of shit. By the same token, they're going to test you, and if you're going to let them act up without you taking the time to smack them a good one, then they're going to keep acting up. I say teach them the best you can ~> by example and dicipline when "really" needing to. Kids now don't have no respect because they don't have any fear of their parents or the law, and they grow up to be all focked up in their attitude because us adults can't step up and do what needs to be done sometimes. Now, don't get me all wrong, I'm not for using the belt or your hands on them just because or for any reason, hell no! That's not what I'm saying, because indeed some parents take it to the extreme and end up screwing their kids up more than they care to acknoledge, but what I am saying is "don't take anything off the table" when it comes to your kids, because if you don't have take responsibility for them, then guess what? ~> Somebody else just might, and the outcome can be a real nasty reality awakening.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 23rd, 2007, 3:36 pm

best believe it

nothing will get yours legs cracked in half faster than
1. Embarrassing an Asian parent (especially your mom) in public
2. Talking back
and worst
3. Talking back in public

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 23rd, 2007, 4:11 pm

Yea asian kids might be the best beheaving kids I see around I never seen one giving trouble

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 23rd, 2007, 8:01 pm

Young Deuce wrote:yeah racial profiling is a big aspect....just a few minutes ago i just walked 2 this corner store and i was by the candy and i was diggin in my pockets a long time and this loud mouth chick said"he backed their a long time" when i found some change she said "it took u that long".....so now im like fu-- that store go to the otha 1 from now on....
she just sound b*tchy more than anything lol but I know what you mean... I'm starting to believe in "personal boycotting"
MiChuhSuh wrote:
best believe it

2. Talking back
and worst
What do you guys think about beating? Should it be done and if so, how?

Personally I think there's better ways but they just aren't obvious. But I think I'll ever beat a child.
KINGFEAR62 wrote:Yea asian kids might be the best beheaving kids I see around I never seen one giving trouble
I know it works because I used to be one of those lil punk kids that you see throwing rocks at cars and running, or punching santa at the store, and all kinds of stupid sh(t. So ya I know beating works to change I guess it did its job because now to the outside world at school and work I'm a reserved, quiet, straightforward guy... basically the image I give out at work and school is Harold from White Castle. But let me put it this way... I'm 18 and I haven't seen or talked to my parents in two years.

rocstar
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rocstar » August 23rd, 2007, 10:10 pm

I hate when people cant or dont care to recognize how their childrens behavior affects those around them. Thats some inconsiderate shit. I dont want nobodies little snot nosed kid bumping and running all into me. Then they have an attitude if you tell the kid to watch out.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 24th, 2007, 3:56 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
Young Deuce wrote:yeah racial profiling is a big aspect....just a few minutes ago i just walked 2 this corner store and i was by the candy and i was diggin in my pockets a long time and this loud mouth chick said"he backed their a long time" when i found some change she said "it took u that long".....so now im like fu-- that store go to the otha 1 from now on....
she just sound b*tchy more than anything lol but I know what you mean... I'm starting to believe in "personal boycotting"
MiChuhSuh wrote:
best believe it

2. Talking back
and worst

Personally I think there's better ways but they just aren't obvious. But I think I'll ever beat a child.
KINGFEAR62 wrote:Yea asian kids might be the best beheaving kids I see around I never seen one giving trouble
I know it works because I used to be one of those lil punk kids that you see throwing rocks at cars and running, or punching santa at the store, and all kinds of stupid sh(t. So ya I know beating works to change I guess it did its job because now to the outside world at school and work I'm a reserved, quiet, straightforward guy... basically the image I give out at work and school is Harold from White Castle. But let me put it this way... I'm 18 and I haven't seen or talked to my parents in two years.

Damn I got so many spankings/beatings in my childhood lol but me and my parents are very close me and my mom talk everyday and she gave me 70 percent of my spankings/beatings

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 24th, 2007, 3:57 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
MiChuhSuh wrote:
best believe it

2. Talking back
and worst

Damn I got so many spankings/beatings in my childhood lol but me and my parents are very close me and my mom talk everyday and she gave me 70 percent of my spankings/beatings

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » August 24th, 2007, 11:05 am

Ya I know most people are.... I think it's the "way" that they're given out that makes a difference though. Or I guess it also depends on the kids and the situation.

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » August 25th, 2007, 3:41 pm

WHITE SHOULD REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYY BEAT THERE KIDS , REALLY ...........LMAO :lol:

IF THEY WHIPP THEM MORE ...IT WILL BE LESS PEOPLE LIKE " BUSH "

LESS - SERIAL KILLERS , CHILD MOLESTERS , BEASTALITY , AND DEFENSELESS ANIMAL HUNTING - DUCKS , TURKEY , BAMBI ...LOL , CHEMICALS , WEAPONS , NUCLEAR , ETC.

Christina Marie

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 25th, 2007, 4:12 pm

NICKELS wrote:WHITE SHOULD REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYY BEAT THERE KIDS , REALLY ...........LMAO :lol:

IF THEY WHIPP THEM MORE ...IT WILL BE LESS PEOPLE LIKE " BUSH "

LESS - SERIAL KILLERS , CHILD MOLESTERS , BEASTALITY , AND DEFENSELESS ANIMAL HUNTING - DUCKS , TURKEY , BAMBI ...LOL , CHEMICALS , WEAPONS , NUCLEAR , ETC.
How old are you? And all you do is spew negativity.

KINGFEAR62
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by KINGFEAR62 » August 26th, 2007, 7:26 am

Lol

Champignon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Champignon » August 26th, 2007, 8:01 am

NICKELS wrote:
LESS - SERIAL KILLERS , CHILD MOLESTERS , BEASTALITY , AND DEFENSELESS ANIMAL HUNTING - DUCKS , TURKEY , BAMBI
LOL if you only knew what you were talking about so to save the drama and have back and forth bickering l fill you in on some things

Serial killers?

What about those african american folks sniping people in virginia way back when :?:
What about that dude in south africa :?:
etc...

Beastiality

Not to long ago there was an article about 40 gay nigerians (guess there skin color racist) who were going to marry animals, and heres the kicker they were all dudes wearing female clothes. I think there getting the death penalty.

Your either not Mr current affairs or just live in some dark corr your whole life

Molesters?

In Zimbavwae or one of those AIDS infested countries, the local lore goes omething like this. Rape an albino and you will be cured of AIDS. Funny thing is it dont work and people go on thinking raping is alright.

Correct me if im wrong but dont black racist killers rape, torture and pee on there non black captives?

Your remarks arent valid

Champignon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Champignon » August 26th, 2007, 8:05 am

Oh sorry you also said HUNTING OF INNOCENT ANIMALS

The mugabe government wanted to contain the Foot and mouth disease in its countries farms so instead of killing the infected captive buffalo they went off and murdered all the wild water bison. Take note the wild water bison probally never had foot and mouth disease. So next time your in zimbavwae and dont see any water buffalo thank Mugabe.

I also covered this kind of thing in my old thread "Why i hate america" check it out in stores now

Champignon
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Champignon » August 26th, 2007, 8:07 am

NIKCELS you make me laugh you spit the kind of racism thats been passed down from generation to generation. Kinda like some white racists i know, i ignore them so ill just laugh at what you post :lol: